The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Current Events

Notices

Old 10-06-2022, 08:41 PM   #61
Sumac
Banned

I'd like to see SJW use their own advice, they love to give everyone who dislike their **** infesting every other place, and create their own platform, if Twatter no longer caters to their sensibilities.

Then being offended when it tanks and no-one uses it.
Sumac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2022, 11:44 AM   #62
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

Musk owns Twitter now.
Old 10-27-2022, 12:06 PM   #63
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autbot_Benz View Post
Musk owns Twitter now.
Let that sink in.

Old 10-27-2022, 12:06 PM   #64
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Facebook is going to be awesome to observe for a little while.

Andrew NDB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2022, 12:32 PM   #65
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Come on pending cesspool, don't disappoint.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2022, 01:23 PM   #66
Cowabung-Gal
Mad Scientist

Cue “End Of Evangelion” theme
Old 10-27-2022, 04:33 PM   #67
IMJ
Emperor

I can't wait for this to turn into a great example of how free market capitalism fixes problems, whether they are social or political.

Musk will come in and not hide behind socio-political bots posting on Twitter and manipulating people, whether it was Russia or BLM-marketing doing the posting. The old guard hid and didn't care because it drove users to Twitter while the peasants burned the countryside.

Musk will come in and cull the average, one-sided woke Twitter worker who chants for and enables a culture of cancellation and single-sided propaganda. The old guard didn't care, likely because it fit their schema and also likely because they didn't want their social-peasant-cancel-culture to turn on them.

I can't wait for this to turn into a great example of how free market capitalism fixes problems, whether they are social or political.
IMJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2022, 07:26 PM   #68
Last Ronin
Hench Mutant

Musk now owning Twitter will be great to see. The meltdowns are coming and it'll be funny as Hell.
Last Ronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2022, 07:54 PM   #69
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

This guy who always thinks he has big ideas... we'll see how long it is the inevitable dumpster fire before he power trips and decides he "knows" how to change that.

Freedom of speech is one thing if humanity could be trusted not to abuse it to high hell, but who would tolerate being the landlord of a dumpster fire forever.

Either way I've so rarely used the site, so imma just sit back with the popcorn.

Some of the meltdowns will certainly include people who don't believe there are consequences to their behavior and think others don't have freedom of speech to tell them otherwise. Screams of "canceled" will still be plenty.
Old 10-27-2022, 08:06 PM   #70
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
This guy who always thinks he has big ideas... we'll see how long it is the inevitable dumpster fire before he power trips and decides he "knows" how to change that.

Freedom of speech is one thing if humanity could be trusted not to abuse it to high hell, but who would tolerate being the landlord of a dumpster fire forever.

Either way I've so rarely used the site, so imma just sit back with the popcorn.

Some of the meltdowns will certainly include people who don't believe there are consequences to their behavior and think others don't have freedom of speech to tell them otherwise. Screams of "canceled" will still be plenty.
Some people will quit twitter if Trump were to be unbanned.
Old 10-27-2022, 08:29 PM   #71
Cowabung-Gal
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerClaw View Post
Yet they stay despite all the p*dos and warmongers who still have their accounts?
Old 10-28-2022, 02:04 PM   #72
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Well if he does get back on there he'll just act like the ill tempered, irrational drunk uncle who was foolishly invited to dinner and remind sane people, who really need no reminders, why he shouldn't be regarded as captain of the GOP.

Was bad enough when there was staff trying to keep the craziness limited. If he's unbanned, since he's no longer in charge I kinda look forward to him making himself look insane.
Old 10-28-2022, 03:43 PM   #73
AquaParade
Banned

The media really did a number turning people on Trump and convincing them he is absolutely evil. Can you imagine if he got a blowjob by abusing his power and lied to the country about it? Then people would really hate him. Probably.

Trump is a bit of a prick, and often disingenuous, but as far as politicians go, he’s hardly that offensive and at times even effectual.
AquaParade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2022, 05:13 PM   #74
Leo656
The Franchise

That didn't take long at all...
https://www.yahoo.com/news/racist-tw...142357247.html

Quote:
A wide range of anonymous Twitter accounts celebrated Musk's takeover and argued it meant the old rules against bigotry no longer applied.

"Elon now controls twitter. Unleash the racial slurs. K—S AND N—S," said one account, using slurs for Jews and Black people. "I can freely express how much I hate n—s . . . now, thank you elon," another said.

One account, created this month, included a Nazi swastika as its profile picture and retweeted quotes from Musk alongside antisemitic memes. Another tweet, showing a video montage glorifying Nazi Germany with the comment, "I hear that there have been some changes around here," was liked more than 400 times.

Racial slurs were posted rampantly overnight. One single-word tweet, showing a single racial slur in all capital letters, was retweeted more than 500 times and liked more than 4,000 times. It was tweeted at 9 p.m. Thursday night and remained online nearly 12 hours later.

Some of the Twitter influx was organized on other platforms, including the pro-Trump forum TheDonald, where its top posts Friday morning showed tweets celebrating lies about Trump's 2020 election loss and memes criticizing transgender people under the headline "When you can't get banned on Twitter anymore."
I don't think anyone should be either surprised or disappointed. When humanity shows you its true face, the only thing you can do anymore is shrug and say "Yeah... I know."

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2022, 05:52 PM   #75
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Yeah, sadly I was expecting this kind of ******** from the people that just don't understand nuance.

The whole freedom of speech thing was supposed to be keep woke idiots from getting people legit fired over saying stupid things like 'let's go Brandon' and 'I don't trust the CoVid vaccine' and 'George Floyd wasn't a saint'.

But of course these idiots would go full Nazi on this. Like if you don't want the woke to call you racist transphobic Nazi bigots.... maybe don't act like racist transphobic Nazi bigots?

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2022, 05:52 PM   #76
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Are we really still so perplexed why some think the Right is full of those sorts of people... I mean damn, way to provide an Exhibit A. >.<

I mean, not saying that's the norm and that this isn't "just" an extreme fringe... but that fringe is looking a bit thick...

Old 10-28-2022, 06:05 PM   #77
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

I'd be way more of the thought that it is performative art from the left, not the right, whether paid or just out of passion or a mix of both. So that then they can go, "SEE!! Look how horrible they are! We warned you how bad it would be!!"
Andrew NDB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2022, 06:14 PM   #78
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Old 10-28-2022, 06:52 PM   #79
IMJ
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerClaw View Post
So what? So let them...

It's those blank-stare-sentences like your post there that carry empty meaning for people to fill in on their own and has, in-turn partially led to the culture we now inhabit.

And so the answer to those "blank-stare-sentences of concern" should now simply be - "so?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
GMAFB.

She probably didn't even know what that meant until I started using it in a post days ago as a descriptor. Reads my posts and goes "I hate that guy" and proceeds to Google to learn from almost anything I have to say.
IMJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2022, 07:30 PM   #80
Leo656
The Franchise

She's had you on Ignore for over a year, guy.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote