The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Toy/Collectible Discussion

Notices

Old 02-22-2019, 11:36 AM   #461
AquaParade
Banned

Finally opened Leonardo & Michelangelo and now I have a full set of open turtles. Glorious.

I really do love these. Easily my favorite figures I've ever owned. Leonardo might be my favorite - you can't beat those scabbards & swords on his back, but having all four is such a treat. The face sculpts and the way they nailed the paint/colors - they're absolutely perfect looking.

Mikey's nunchucku fell apart right after I took him out of the box, to no fault of my own. That was frustrating. Overall, I'm quite happy though. Quite honestly, I forgot that I could even love a figure this much. Leave it to TMNT.

Last edited by AquaParade; 02-22-2019 at 11:43 AM.
AquaParade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2019, 10:10 PM   #462
jazzmatazz
Foot Soldier

Got mine a few days ago I'm already having a ton of fun with toy photography and digging out some of my other playsets like the Swedish Chef Kitchen for them to interact with.

Spoiler:
What Do You Mean It's Not Edible?
jazzmatazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2019, 10:18 PM   #463
Leo656
The Franchise

Hahaaaa, that's f*ckin' great.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaParade View Post
Mikey's nunchucku fell apart right after I took him out of the box, to no fault of my own. That was frustrating. Overall, I'm quite happy though. Quite honestly, I forgot that I could even love a figure this much. Leave it to TMNT.
Thanks for the heads up, I haven't had any problems yet but they do feel a bit flimsy. I'll be careful.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2019, 11:12 AM   #464
((FilmMkr))
Mouser

Just picked up the whole set at a local GameStop. They were 25% off too so it's almost like I got one for free!
FilmMkr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2019, 11:29 AM   #465
Powder
So tired of this place

My partner got me the whole set as a surprise gift on Valentines Day. Talk about a keeper. These figures are so amazing, to state the obvious. Really looking forward to getting creative with them, both in terms of toy photography, & making accessories for them.

To that end, is there a paper craft printable of the Dominoes pizza box in this smaller scale? Any ideas for fun props to make? Thinking of the turtle wax, for one thing.

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2019, 02:57 PM   #466
AquaParade
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
My partner got me the whole set as a surprise gift on Valentines Day. Talk about a keeper. These figures are so amazing, to state the obvious. Really looking forward to getting creative with them, both in terms of toy photography, & making accessories for them.

To that end, is there a paper craft printable of the Dominoes pizza box in this smaller scale? Any ideas for fun props to make? Thinking of the turtle wax, for one thing.
Congrats, that's really cool.
Old 02-24-2019, 04:24 PM   #467
spoon
Random Punk

My Review of 90 TMNT

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JPjux4Mz1nw
spoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2019, 01:15 AM   #468
Otter
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzmatazz View Post
Got mine a few days ago I'm already having a ton of fun with toy photography and digging out some of my other playsets like the Swedish Chef Kitchen for them to interact with.
Damn... I just sold that kitchen.
Otter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2019, 09:15 AM   #469
AquaParade
Banned

Is Neca the type of toy company that is known for releasing accessories later on for high-end figures?

I’d be all over a new diorama, or even a re-release of the SDCC one.
Old 02-25-2019, 10:42 AM   #470
TMNTFanatic4Life
Stone Warrior

I got my set in the mail a few days ago....wow, these are so awesome! I definitely prefer them in 7 inch form. Hopefully, they eventually release another set with Shredder and the Foot Soilders.
TMNTFanatic4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2019, 02:15 PM   #471
Turnstone
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMNTFanatic4Life View Post
I got my set in the mail a few days ago....wow, these are so awesome! I definitely prefer them in 7 inch form. Hopefully, they eventually release another set with Shredder and the Foot Soilders.
Both the quarter scale and the 7 inch have their pros and cons but the quarter scale still win out when it comes to quality and detail. They are much more impressive in person.
Turnstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2019, 02:30 PM   #472
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing

Quote:
Is Neca the type of toy company that is known for releasing accessories later on for high-end figures?

I’d be all over a new diorama, or even a re-release of the SDCC one.
They have done a few accessory packs now for their horror line.
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2019, 07:05 AM   #473
AquaParade
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candy Kappa View Post
They have done a few accessory packs now for their horror line.
Nice. I’m sort of hoping TMNT gets some support. I’d probably buy whatever accessories they came up with, if they’re good.

As for the large scale vs small scale figures, gotta say I prefer the small. I really appreciate the cloth bandana used on the large scale, but something about the small scale looks better overall. I think the joints may have more of a seamless appearance and the paint looks a bit more authentic. Need more time to examine. I’m no figure expert.
Old 02-26-2019, 07:16 AM   #474
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing

They're pretty nifty too.
Spoiler:

I'd love to see the the 1/4 TMNT accessory set done in 1/10th scale, those baby Turtles would be adorably small, and 7" Mikey needs that spinning chuck hand too
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2019, 12:31 PM   #475
inaheap
Mad Scientist

So do you all think Gamestop will get another run of these online?

We do not stop playing because we grow old. We grow old because we stop playing

When I became an adult I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.
inaheap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2019, 04:23 AM   #476
tmntfanuk
Foot Soldier

Yay! Recieved my four today! A friend in the US was kind enough to grab them for me and ship them to the UK. Very greatful to said friend!

These are freakin' awesome! My six year old self could never have imagined, haha.
tmntfanuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2019, 05:47 AM   #477
***First of Two Latin Kings***
Will not be censored

Quote:
Originally Posted by inaheap View Post
So do you all think Gamestop will get another run of these online?

I doubt it. They got a fairly big second shipment after the pre-order, most of which was grabbed up by people who thought they could get a fast turnaround on eBay but just about everyone who wanted them has them now so eBay prices have gone way down. Playmates probably also had a say in how many could be produced, and GameStop only wanted what they could move quickly.
I can hear it now: "I'm sorry little April, I told you that if you didn't take good care of them I'd be taking them away. Now they are going to the lab to be abused for experimentation" (You could almost rewrite this as April caused the fire to get back at her father over it...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCanadiandrome View Post
Powder I'd not defend him, that's just how he gets

International shipping assistance: DARTHCJJ@GMAIL.COM
***First of Two Latin Kings*** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2019, 11:05 PM   #478
Panther10
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzmatazz View Post

Spoiler:
What Do You Mean It's Not Edible? https://i.imgur.com/dmFNHY9.jpg

Please tell me there is a rubber snake in that refrigerator?
Panther10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2019, 01:01 AM   #479
Turnstone
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Nice. I’m sort of hoping TMNT gets some support. I’d probably buy whatever accessories they came up with, if they’re good.

As for the large scale vs small scale figures, gotta say I prefer the small. I really appreciate the cloth bandana used on the large scale, but something about the small scale looks better overall. I think the joints may have more of a seamless appearance and the paint looks a bit more authentic. Need more time to examine. I’m no figure expert.
It’s to each their own. I happen to disagree. I think the detail is way better on the larger scale. The eyes don’t look so lifeless. There’s something so much more impressive and striking about the larger ones.
Turnstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2019, 05:30 AM   #480
ls1z28
Hench Mutant

Extremely disappointed with GameStop .....I tried to purchase these when the set of 4 went live again... GameStop.com kept giving me error messages when checking out, I tried with 3 different cards and Nothing. All the sores within a 70 mile radius, say they only got the preorders and will not be getting anymore. Seems like every other state has gotten extras. Will be keeping my eye open for any that pop up @ $125 shipped....
ls1z28 is offline   Reply With Quote