The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Current Events

Notices

Old 04-17-2020, 06:34 PM   #21
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

I thought it was just common knowledge that vaccines contain a virus (DEAD) because, you know, that's how you teach the body to recognize it and make you immune.

How long do you really think a live virus can exist within the serum? Its lifespan outside a host may be limited up to a few days on certain surfaces...but outside of a host and god knows how many days between production to the people who receive the injection... come on.

Conspiracy people and anti-vaxxers are so convinced that evil people behind the scenes are trying to destroy us all, but they are the ones with the attitude and behaviors that will bring us all down.

And why the hell was a convention thread turned into this.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2020, 06:34 PM   #22
Leo656
The Franchise

I mean... I can definitely see SOME of that being true. Just about every conspiracy contains a few solid strands of provable truth; that's how they gain traction. But I highly doubt the whole kit-n-kabootle is a giant scheme for population control and ID microchips. Maaaaaaybe, but it sounds like a lot more work that they'd actually wanna do.

I still like the "It's a cover-up for the collapse of the global pedo ring" conspiracy best. It's much more colorful.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2020, 06:41 PM   #23
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

All I wanted was to make a thread to let people know SDCC was Cancelled now its become a thread for two idiots probably Trumpers who are trying to peddle their stupid conspiracy nonsense.

Mods feel free to close this thread if you want. I give up

Last edited by Autbot_Benz; 04-17-2020 at 06:49 PM.
Autbot_Benz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2020, 06:47 PM   #24
Leo656
The Franchise

I'm always a little angry when I'm not the one to ruin a thread. Doesn't seem fair, I have seniority here.

Old 04-17-2020, 06:47 PM   #25
ChosenOne
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autbot_Benz View Post
All I wanted was to make a thread to let people know SDCC was Cancelled now its become a thread for two idiots probably Trumpers who are trying to peddle their stupid conspiracy nonsense.

Mods feel free to close this thread if you want. I give up
Forgive my naïveté, but why should the thread be closed instead of banning these obvious troll accounts? Wouldn't that be more economical in the long run? It's likely quite literally the same person, and this is at least the second thread touching on the virus they've derailed now with their absolute nonsense.

Some idiots just give us conservatives a bad name. SMFH...
ChosenOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2020, 06:49 PM   #26
Leo656
The Franchise

Because some exterminators will advise burning the house down instead of trying to kill the bedbugs one at a time. Once it gets to a certain point there's hardly anything left worth saving anyway.

Old 04-17-2020, 06:50 PM   #27
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChosenOne View Post
Forgive my naïveté, but why should the thread be closed instead of banning these obvious troll accounts? Wouldn't that be more economical in the long run? It's likely quite literally the same person, and this is at least the second thread touching on the virus they've derailed now with their absolute nonsense.

Some idiots just give us conservatives a bad name. SMFH...
if the mods wanna ban those 2 shitcrickets im cool with that
Old 04-17-2020, 06:51 PM   #28
ChosenOne
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
Because some exterminators will advise burning the house down instead of trying to kill the bedbugs one at a time. Once it gets to a certain point there's hardly anything left worth saving anyway.
But burning down this particular house won't kill 'em, they'll just move to another one as soon as it's built. Better to bring the boot down, I say.
Old 04-17-2020, 06:52 PM   #29
Leo656
The Franchise

Quote:
But burning down this particular house won't kill 'em, they'll just move to another one as soon as it's built. Better to bring the boot down, I say.
Interesting point, and I like that you kept the analogy going. You're alright, you.

Old 04-17-2020, 06:57 PM   #30
ChosenOne
Banned

Quote:
Interesting point, and I like that you kept the analogy going. You're alright, you.
Thanks. I live in a warm country and an exterminator isn't an option since I keep invertebrates of my own, so I'm used to dealing with bugs. (Some of them on my bed. But never bedbugs, though. Unless the bugs being on my bed automatically makes them bedbugs...) Nothing like a good stomping to get rid of them.
Old 04-17-2020, 07:08 PM   #31
Leo656
The Franchise

Quote:
Thanks. I live in a warm country and an exterminator isn't an option since I keep invertebrates of my own, so I'm used to dealing with bugs. (Some of them on my bed. But never bedbugs, though. Unless the bugs being on my bed automatically makes them bedbugs...) Nothing like a good stomping to get rid of them.
I'm a bedbug "survivor". That sh*t is anti-bueno. You'd know if you had 'em. And stomping don't kill 'em, unless they're blood-swollen like ticks (at which point you don't even wanna squash 'em because they pop and splatter everywhere). I pretty much got zero sleep for almost two years straight. We eventually had to up and move. Most of the stuff I had at that apartment was in storage for 10 years wrapped tightly in shrink wrap and only "unearthed" recently... and once in a while I'll still find a dead one trapped between the pages of a book, nearly perfectly-preserved, and I start having flashbacks like a Vietnam veteran. That ordeal literally almost killed me.

....This is a much more interesting conversation than whatever's going on with Sgt. Cuckoo-Bananas over there, by the way.

Old 04-17-2020, 07:18 PM   #32
ChosenOne
Banned

Quote:
I'm a bedbug "survivor". That sh*t is anti-bueno. You'd know if you had 'em. And stomping don't kill 'em, unless they're blood-swollen like ticks (at which point you don't even wanna squash 'em because they pop and splatter everywhere). I pretty much got zero sleep for almost two years straight. We eventually had to up and move. Most of the stuff I had at that apartment was in storage for 10 years wrapped tightly in shrink wrap and only "unearthed" recently... and once in a while I'll still find a dead one trapped between the pages of a book, nearly perfectly-preserved, and I start having flashbacks like a Vietnam veteran. That ordeal literally almost killed me.
You know, it's odd, I don't think I've ever even seen a bedbug in person. Sure, I've heard about them from other people in our local language (the word is percevejo), which tells me they're a thing here too, but I've never seen one. I take it you're American? I used to watch Anthony Melchiorri's Hotel Impossible back before it got cancelled and he went on about bedbugs all the time, maybe they're just more common across the Atlantic for some reason? Or maybe I've just never had the misfortune and should consider myself lucky. Not that the occasional big-ass spider skittering across one's bed is any better...

Quote:
....This is a much more interesting conversation than whatever's going on with Sgt. Cuckoo-Bananas over there, by the way.
Agreed. Let's all of us just ignore them. Trolls always go away when they're not fed.
Old 04-17-2020, 07:39 PM   #33
Leo656
The Franchise

Of course I'm American, I'm self-absorbed and obnoxious. I'm also from NJ so I'm the absolute best type of American, chock full of sociopathic tendencies and general disdain for anyone I'm not either f*cking or making money off of.

....Is it really that hard to tell?

Anyways, when they're babies bedbugs look like either specks of dust or tiny fleas, and when they get big they look like paper-thin watermelon seeds. Just FYI. I *think* they mostly come from places like China and India but I'd have to check on that.

Nasty f*ckers. Get everywhere, including the cracks in the walls and the seams in your trim/molding, the seams in your furniture... anyplace a speck of dust can get through, they can get into and breed. I guess "bedbugs" was just easier than "These F*ckers Get Everywhere" bugs. They do prefer warm and cozy places like mattresses and clothing but once they're in your house they're basically worse than roaches in that they can get wherever they want and if you miss one, they'll be back in full-force in a couple days. Point of fact, one exterminator we consulted with suggested letting roaches take over, because they eat bedbugs, and that he'd gladly come back at that point to take care of the roach infestation because they're easier to deal with than bedbugs are. No foolin'.

Pray you don't get 'em! I know a few people who managed to catch it early and thus escape relatively unscathed, but since they're so small they can be literally everywhere in your house before you even notice a single one. Nasty sh*t.

Old 04-17-2020, 07:55 PM   #34
ChosenOne
Banned

Quote:
Of course I'm American, I'm self-absorbed and obnoxious. I'm also from NJ so I'm the absolute best type of American, chock full of sociopathic tendencies and general disdain for anyone I'm not either f*cking or making money off of.

....Is it really that hard to tell?
Oh, you'd be surprised at how many other people like that there are in the world...

Quote:
Pray you don't get 'em! I know a few people who managed to catch it early and thus escape relatively unscathed, but since they're so small they can be literally everywhere in your house before you even notice a single one. Nasty sh*t.
They sound like they favor damp, dark places. Having a dehumidifier probably helps keep them at bay. I have one to keep my huge book and comic collection in good condition, and the only living thing that still thrives in the room are spiders, arachnids apparently (and sadly) being immune to its effects.
Old 04-17-2020, 08:11 PM   #35
Leo656
The Franchise

Quote:
Oh, you'd be surprised at how many other people like that there are in the world...

They sound like they favor damp, dark places. Having a dehumidifier probably helps keep them at bay. I have one to keep my huge book and comic collection in good condition, and the only living thing that still thrives in the room are spiders, arachnids apparently (and sadly) being immune to its effects.
Yeah, but I make it look good.

They hate extreme temperatures, especially heat. If you get 'em on your clothes or sheets, an hour in the dryer on the highest setting usually does the trick, past that you're basically walking around your house waving a hair dryer at every crack like a lunatic. There's also a powder substance that can work in some cases but it generally depends on the size of the infestation, and they can also develop a localized immunity to it.

There's like a two-year chunk of my life where I can't remember anything at all except dealing with that f*cking disaster. I think I'd rather get a terminal disease than ever go through all THAT again, dead serious.

Old 04-17-2020, 08:19 PM   #36
ChosenOne
Banned

Quote:
(...) past that you're basically walking around your house waving a hair dryer at every crack like a lunatic.
Switch out the hair dryer for a hand vacuum, and that's pretty much what I already do for spiders anyway.

Those lucky bastards up near the Arctic Circle don't have to deal with any of this crap...
Old 04-17-2020, 08:44 PM   #37
Leo656
The Franchise

Yeah, but it's cold.

Old 04-17-2020, 08:46 PM   #38
ChosenOne
Banned

Quote:
Yeah, but it's cold.
That's what blankets/women/dogs/cats are for.
Old 04-17-2020, 08:55 PM   #39
Leo656
The Franchise

And whiskey, can't forget whiskey.

Old 04-17-2020, 09:33 PM   #40
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by teemu View Post
A virus actually comes within your own cells when a cell becomes toxic, which a virus is an actual cleansing of the cells.
There are no words for this lunacy.
Quote:
Just wait till they turn on the 5G (which runs on 60MHZ and depletes oxygen molecules) and they use that as a weapon also against you
Ah, good, there's the 5G conspiracy. You burn any cell phone towers yet?

And it's funny that you mention zinc. You know why zinc is believed to have some amount of (limited) help against viruses? Not because it's a magic treatment... Because it supposedly can block the receptors that a virus uses to latch onto you and your cells in it's process to get into you...because it does not come from within your own cells. That is why zinc is best used a a lozenge, because it comes in contact with part of the common areas where the virus enters your body. (Nasal sprays would probably be more effective, but it seems to have the side effect of damaging sense of smell.) edit: You see all those pointy bits on the coronavirus... yeah, those are the receptors.

It probably isn't going to do much after you already have symptoms because the virus has already taken hold. But for some years I've been using the lozenges (Cold Eeze) preventatively; one after work or after I've been out in public during cold and flu season (and extended during this pandemic). And either I'd just been lucky or it helped because I wasn't sick once all winter. Hell, I haven't been sick since early last year.

Last edited by IndigoErth; 04-18-2020 at 12:54 AM.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote