The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Everything Else

Notices

Old 04-30-2016, 03:38 AM   #1561
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
Overlord

2016 IIHF Men's World Ice Hockey Championships

The 2016 IIHF Men's World Ice Hockey Championship begins in Russia on Thursday.

Last edited by Original TMNT Cartoon Fan; 04-30-2016 at 11:33 AM.
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2016, 01:39 AM   #1562
shuriken
Second City Shinobi

Quote:
Originally Posted by turtlefanforever View Post

right in time for PBC on SPIKE! not really hyped about any of these fights but hope it's a good show.
Montiel and Ortiz should both retire. Good for Berto but real talk he can't compete with any of the top Welters right now.

Bodou Jack and James Degale both retained their belts at 168 in very medicre showings. Pretty underwhelmed by these weeks fights. But hey Ortiz vs Berto was fun while it lasted.
Old 05-01-2016, 09:21 AM   #1563
turtlefanforever
Foot Elite

well

the first fight was good. that title elimator. Nice slugfest ending in a KO. moved to 21-0. Andre Dirrell had a great comeback preformance. knocking the guy out in like less than a minute i think. mightve been a little longer. Should have been the main event, because as expected Anthony Dirrell stunk up the place with another boring fight.

EDIT: Now i'm waiting till the 7th when Khan beats canello and GGG goes after the scraps later.
turtlefanforever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2016, 03:48 PM   #1564
shuriken
Second City Shinobi

^^ You're really confident that Kahn is going to win huh?
I'm thinking it will take a while for Canelo to adapt to Kahn in the early rounds, but once he does Kahn is going to get beat. But I'm excited about this fight. Now I've been wrong before (Bradleys's 3rd fight against Manny for example) And I hope Canelo wins because I feel he'll do a better showing against GGG than Kahn.

As for the Dirrell Bros I didn't catch their fight but saw the results.
Old 05-03-2016, 01:24 PM   #1565
turtlefanforever
Foot Elite

not really

Amir khan is the future and one of the biggest stars in boxing. He wanted the pac man fight and this one is even tougher. he'll probably lose to GGG somewhere down the road but i dont see him losing to canelo on the scorecards.

On the MMA front. 2 brothers are set to fight each other at WSOF 32. I dont particularly like their organization but they do have some talented fighters and brother vs brother fights are quite the rarity in MMA. So, kinda cool.
Old 05-03-2016, 10:20 PM   #1566
shuriken
Second City Shinobi

Quote:
Amir khan is the future and one of the biggest stars in boxing. He wanted the pac man fight and this one is even tougher. he'll probably lose to GGG somewhere down the road but i dont see him losing to canelo on the scorecards.
I like Khan. I just Like Canelo more and feel he's a bit more versatile. Not as fast or as technically sound, but, he usually makes up for that with strength and solid defense. 4 days left.

Quote:
On the MMA front. 2 brothers are set to fight each other at WSOF 32. I dont particularly like their organization but they do have some talented fighters and brother vs brother fights are quite the rarity in MMA. So, kinda cool.
In any Major combative sport. Don't think I've ever seen two brothers fight in a Boxing match. Sounds neat
Old 05-07-2016, 05:09 PM   #1567
turtlefanforever
Foot Elite

Khanelo

Todays the day. Khan vs Canelo.

Here's how it's going down.

First couple rounds Canelo will be stalking and chasing down Khan while he evades and blocks everything and counters greatly. Later rounds. Canelo will start hitting him a bit. Khan will hit Canelo clean and not phase him. Canelo not impressed by his power will get more wreckless and say you cant knock me out. Canelo will start to gas. In the wreckless attacks Khan will catch him and knock him down for the 10 count. Standing over his body go "Yes. I. Khan." And thats the match Khan ko round 10.
Old 05-07-2016, 11:06 PM   #1568
shuriken
Second City Shinobi

Quote:
Todays the day. Khan vs Canelo.

Here's how it's going down.

First couple rounds Canelo will be stalking and chasing down Khan while he evades and blocks everything and counters greatly. Later rounds. Canelo will start hitting him a bit. Khan will hit Canelo clean and not phase him. Canelo not impressed by his power will get more wreckless and say you cant knock me out. Canelo will start to gas. In the wreckless attacks Khan will catch him and knock him down for the 10 count. Standing over his body go "Yes. I. Khan." And thats the match Khan ko round 10.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuriken View Post
^^ You're really confident that Kahn is going to win huh?
I'm thinking it will take a while for Canelo to adapt to Kahn in the early rounds, but once he does Kahn is going to get beat.
CALLED IT. Great card overall. All fights ended in KOS with the exception of the Herrera fight.
Old 05-08-2016, 11:01 AM   #1569
turtlefanforever
Foot Elite

not surprised

I kinda expected it. I knew if Canelo won it would be by ko.
Old 05-08-2016, 07:24 PM   #1570
shuriken
Second City Shinobi

He did good the first 3 rounds, but those body shots are no joke. He timed him and tired him out.
Old 05-16-2016, 02:04 PM   #1571
The Deadman
Foot Elite

Last Movie Watched: Leprechaun Origins (2014).
Last TV Show Watched: Adventures of Sonic The Hedgehog (S1:E11).
The Deadman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2016, 12:49 PM   #1572
The Deadman
Foot Elite

9 in 10 Native Americans OK with Redskins name

Old 05-21-2016, 08:10 AM   #1573
turtlefanforever
Foot Elite

wth

One of the worst decisions ever in combat sports. Possible the worst ever in MMA kickboxing legend and mma pioneer Melvin Manhoef finally gets a shot at a title after 40+ fights and turning 40 years old last week (only person in MMA to win a world title past 40 is Randy Couture at 43) and he wins every round and get absolutely screwed by the judges and loses a split decision. He was devestated. It was horrible. One of the announcers tweeted out he was crying backstage. He fought the perfect fight. Getting up from every takedown and stuffing most attempts, even getting 2 takedowns of his own in the 5th round. He was kicked in the cup twice eye poked once and hit after the break once. The "champ" basically quit in the fight; walking around with his handa down not doing much of anything. Manhoef was always hands up and throwing when the opprotunity presented itself. It sucks ya know, cause you know these are once in a lifetime opprotunities and to see it taken away from someone because of imcompitant judging really stinks.
Old 05-22-2016, 02:39 PM   #1574
shuriken
Second City Shinobi

so the Charlo brothers made history and are the first twin brothers to hold a title in the same weight class at the same time.
Old 05-22-2016, 02:43 PM   #1575
Overlord

Canada won the 2016 IIHF Men's World Ice Hockey Championship

Canada won the 2016 IIHF Men's World Ice Hockey Championship
Old 05-24-2016, 10:51 AM   #1576
The Deadman
Foot Elite

Bills GM: Humans not supposed to play football

Uhh...okay

Old 05-29-2016, 02:01 PM   #1577
shuriken
Second City Shinobi

Warriors vs Thunder is a hell of a series.
Also Donnie Nietes is a beast, and Shane Mosley possibly loses his last shot at another world title
Old 06-04-2016, 12:45 PM   #1578
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Deadman View Post
Ice hockey can also be violent, not just American football. And there are a lot of other sports you can say the same thing about...
Old 06-07-2016, 09:38 AM   #1579
The Deadman
Foot Elite

UFC Lifts Ban on Ariel Helwani and MMAFighting.com

Old 06-09-2016, 11:07 AM   #1580
The Deadman
Foot Elite

Source: NFL rule to give hoodies cold shoulder

Quote:
NFL players no longer can wear exposed "hoodies" over their shoulder pads, and assistant coaches are now expressly prohibited from entering the field of play, following a series of adjustments that will appear in the 2016 edition of the NFL rulebook. Both were in response to specific issues that arose during the 2015 season.

The final version of the book has not been published, but a league source confirmed the changes to ESPN's Ed Werder. Former NFL vice president of officiating Mike Pereira, now a Fox Sports analyst, first revealed the changes on Twitter.

The "hoodie" rule was deemed necessary after receiver James Jones debuted the style last season while playing for the Green Bay Packers. The hood at times blocked Jones' nameplate on his back. Because it is a uniform policy adjustment, it did not require a vote of owners.

Meanwhile, the NFL moved to codify what had been an implied rule for some time. Head coaches are the only coaches allowed on the field during games, and it is permissible for no reason other than to check on injured players. This adjustment was aimed at Pittsburgh Steelers outside linebackers coach Joey Porter, who wandered onto the field during a wild-card playoff game in January against the Cincinnati Bengals.

As medical officials checked on the condition of Steelers receiver Antonio Brown, who would be diagnosed with a concussion, Porter got into a shouting match with multiple Bengals players. Ultimately, cornerback Adam Jones was penalized for his role in the exchange, putting the Steelers in position for a game-winning field goal.

Finally, the NFL addressed another incident from last season for which the rulebook offered no direct guidance. If a coin does not flip during the pregame (or pre-overtime) toss, the referee is now directed to retoss with the captain's original call still applying.

Referee Clete Blakeman followed that procedure during a divisional playoff game between the Packers and Arizona Cardinals prior to overtime, but at the time the NFL said he used his own judgment and confirmed it had no rule to use for such situations.