The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Everything Else

Notices

Old 01-15-2015, 04:41 PM   #641
TheCanadiandrome
Big, Bad & Bold

Location: Inside the Technodrome; Shredderville; Saskatchewan
had a job interview! fingers crossed it gets me a job! i think it went well

Add me: PSN/XBL; Nintendo Network ID: BDS-3.1.6; Switch FC: SW-3378-5206-8020

TMNT Fan Club: http://sot.ag/4jZR0

Visit My Wish List:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=30904

My Collection:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=40276
TheCanadiandrome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2015, 02:04 AM   #642
pandaderek
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cure View Post
Gas prices are super loooooooow.
It's not good, considering inflation is still high and there's not enough cars with different fuel sources, for low gas prices to be a good sign. Basically, it's because the world economy is down. Everyone's money is dependent on the business of the banks and oil companies and if any of the two go broke, so will our money. So, if the gas producers make less money than what it costs to produce gas, they will go broke...then, so will many of us.

To bring the thread back to happy, the cashier at Panda Express gave me a free drink and filled a stamp-card, so my next visit will be free.

To bring the thread back to sad, my girlfriend asked me what I had for lunch and I told her the story. Now, I'm banned from Panda Express and she ripped my stamp card.
pandaderek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2015, 02:12 AM   #643
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Location: The bowels of Hell, Texas(otherwise known as Decatur)
That was- uncalled for.... What a (pardon my expletive, here)!

"Where Science ends, magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

My various stories and fan-fics are now here-

https://m.fanfiction.net/u/4770494/#end
MsMarvelDuckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2015, 03:34 AM   #644
pennydreadful
trash

Uh, yeah Panda... what the actual hell, man? Dude, if someone's treating you bad, kick that mofo to the curb - I don't care how spanish their fly is. Nobody deserves to be treated like dirt by their partner - be they man, woman or strange reptilian space-being which defies our earthly concepts of gender. Freedom is the right of all sentient beings.

Creator of the Technodrome After Dark Discussion Group. PM for an invite (must be over 18 - no exceptions).
pennydreadful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2015, 12:22 PM   #645
Cure
Y'all need Jesus

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandaderek View Post
It's not good, considering inflation is still high and there's not enough cars with different fuel sources, for low gas prices to be a good sign. Basically, it's because the world economy is down. Everyone's money is dependent on the business of the banks and oil companies and if any of the two go broke, so will our money. So, if the gas producers make less money than what it costs to produce gas, they will go broke...then, so will many of us.
Uh-huh. Just let me be happy about gas prices in a thread about things that are supposed to be happy. Jesus.
Cure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2015, 01:51 PM   #646
Gunpowder
Stone Warrior

3-day weekend.

Quote:
To bring the thread back to happy, the cashier at Panda Express gave me a free drink and filled a stamp-card, so my next visit will be free.

To bring the thread back to sad, my girlfriend asked me what I had for lunch and I told her the story. Now, I'm banned from Panda Express and she ripped my stamp card.
Wait...seriously? Dude, f*ck that.
Old 01-16-2015, 01:56 PM   #647
pandaderek
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cure View Post
Uh-huh. Just let me be happy about gas prices in a thread about things that are supposed to be happy. Jesus.
Yes, you’re right, I’m sorry. I’m like Cliff Calvin from Cheers (probably, the people in this forum are too young for that show). Well, he's a wannabe know-it-all that always chimes in with his bu!!****. I shouldn’t bring in anything negative in a thread that wasn’t meant for it. Sorry.

Sunshine and rainbows...go on.
pandaderek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2015, 04:09 PM   #648
Whatswiththeheadbands?
The Weed of Crime

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCanadiandrome View Post
had a job interview! fingers crossed it gets me a job! i think it went well
What was it for?
Old 01-16-2015, 09:36 PM   #649
Slade
god status

Yeah, count me in on the low gas prices. Only cost me 47 to fill up last time. Been in high 80's or 90's lately.

Getting to hang out with a certain person for a little while today picked my mood up a good bit.
Slade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2015, 08:24 AM   #650
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic

Yeah, I'm surprised about the gas prices, too, but it's a good thing for those who have been upset about the high cost of gas, so I say bring it on.

And, Panda, you really need to get rid of that person. She's no good.

"Embrace your inner a**holiness."-Mr. Anderson.
BubblyShell22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2015, 05:51 PM   #651
pennydreadful
trash

Getting another fic chapter to beta-read has made me happy. Doing this is one of the only things that's giving me any real enjoyment lately.

Creator of the Technodrome After Dark Discussion Group. PM for an invite (must be over 18 - no exceptions).
pennydreadful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2015, 06:44 PM   #652
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Location: The bowels of Hell, Texas(otherwise known as Decatur)
My happy-maker today- got to watch the new Nick episode! Also, having two days off in a row was nice. And Friday, my hubby met me for dinner after work. We shared nachos and went grocery shopping together. That was nice, since he got to get out of the house for a while, which was a good thing. We had fun at the store, and got a few odd looks from people due to goofing off while we were riding around in the electric grocery cart. (He uses it to get around easier since his amputation.)

"Where Science ends, magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

My various stories and fan-fics are now here-

https://m.fanfiction.net/u/4770494/#end
MsMarvelDuckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2015, 10:58 AM   #653
blindturtle02
Foot Elite

My future father-in-law brought over an exercycle he doesn't use. It's old, dating back to the 80's, but it works just fine. I think I spent around 40 or so mins yesterday pedaling and listening to an audiobook. I like cardio as long as I have a book to listen to in order to pass the time. I only wish I wasn't so darn hungry afterwards. haha
Old 01-20-2015, 04:08 PM   #654
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic

Posting a fan fic made me happy today.

"Embrace your inner a**holiness."-Mr. Anderson.
BubblyShell22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2015, 04:37 PM   #655
blindturtle02
Foot Elite

Re-watching the 2k3 TMNT series has been awesome this afternoon. I've also got a new Star Wars Rebels episode to watch during dinner as well as the latest TMNT 2012 episode they uploaded to Amazon, so it's been nice mixing theold with the new as I pedal my legs off.
Old 01-20-2015, 04:41 PM   #656
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Peanut Butter & Jelly Pop-Tarts are back!

Saw a commercial late last night for them, now have a box in my possession. They'd come out with those peanut butter ones a bit ago, was hoping it was only a matter of time. Had probably been casually looking for them to come back for over 20 years, after having loved the 'grape jelly' ones (these are strawberry) in the 4th and 5th grade... Never thought it would really happen.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2015, 12:41 PM   #657
blindturtle02
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
Peanut Butter & Jelly Pop-Tarts are back!

Saw a commercial late last night for them, now have a box in my possession. They'd come out with those peanut butter ones a bit ago, was hoping it was only a matter of time. Had probably been casually looking for them to come back for over 20 years, after having loved the 'grape jelly' ones (these are strawberry) in the 4th and 5th grade... Never thought it would really happen.
Oo! I gotta snag some of those.

Let's see. Today's Saturday, so that's always awesome. I'm looking forward to toy hunting later. Hoping to find some Star Wars Rebels stuff at either Target or Toysrus, but otherwise saving my Christmas and birthday bucks unless I see that sweet 2012 Shredder with the removable helmet. Shopping for fun related stuff always makes me happy even if I don't find anything. Then there's yogurt. Strawberry banana is amazing. But now I can't stop thinking about the dude from Spaceballs. That usually happens when I take a yogurt cup from the fridge. Thanks, Mel Brooks.
Old 01-24-2015, 06:51 PM   #658
DarkFell
A Crusty Bob Fan

I'm happy tonight because I applied some Absorbine Jr. to a sprained (?) shoulder blade muscle. It's feeling MUCH BETTER versus last night when it really hurt to lift up either arm, bend over, ect.

~ John Adams
DarkFell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2015, 07:41 PM   #659
Katie
Just...way too serious.

Quote:
Whaaaaa?

Gas prices are low because 1) OPEC is playing chicken with the North American oil sand and shale producers and 2) corn prices are super low because for the last two years the crop has had a record yield.

See, OPEC is what we call a low cost oil producer. They can control supply and can allow oil to be on the market for pretty low (I think somewhere around $20/barrel before they are losing money.) North American oil producers are higher cost producers who will lose money at around $40/barrel. OPEC is trying to price North America out of the oil business so prices should remain below $40/barrel.

On the corn, well they use that to produce ethanol, which is blended with oil gas in the US. As long as ethanol is cheap due to cheap corn, gas will be lower.

Not the end of the world. Just economics 101. Supply and demand.
Old 01-24-2015, 08:29 PM   #660
snake
Disgusting

I saw Paddington. Easily movie of the year. I'm dead serious.
snake is offline   Reply With Quote