The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Toy/Collectible Discussion

Notices

Old 08-01-2017, 05:24 PM   #21
TurtleWA
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmntman View Post
It should be more or less limited to just the toys/statues, essentially the same range as what is on tmnttoys.com
An all encompassing TMNT merchandise book would also be cool. I'm not sure I would pay for toy specific book when I have a great website like yours for free. But I understand the need to have both types of books as well as physical and virtual resources.
TurtleWA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2017, 11:41 PM   #22
predaking000
Thug

Was really happy to see the news on this. Hope it gets fully funded.
predaking000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2017, 11:22 AM   #23
TurtleWA
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmntman View Post
It should be more or less limited to just the toys/statues, essentially the same range as what is on tmnttoys.com
Just found out today that you are writing the foreword to this book if successfully funded. Considering you have some involvement it makes sense why some of the photos resemble the ones from your website. Hope it works out!
Old 08-02-2017, 11:33 AM   #24
marcelangelo
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
New drinking game, take a shot every time Marcelangelo uses a smiley face in a single post, then die of alchohol poisoning.
cheers man
Old 08-02-2017, 02:58 PM   #25
***First of Two Latin Kings***
Will not be censored

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCanadiandrome View Post
I'm gonna seriously consider backing this at a later date
How? I thought you didn't have any money
I can hear it now: "I'm sorry little April, I told you that if you didn't take good care of them I'd be taking them away. Now they are going to the lab to be abused for experimentation" (You could almost rewrite this as April caused the fire to get back at her father over it...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCanadiandrome View Post
Powder I'd not defend him, that's just how he gets

International shipping assistance: DARTHCJJ@GMAIL.COM
***First of Two Latin Kings*** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2017, 03:07 PM   #26
Powder
So tired of this place

You are not looking like the bigger man by ghosting his posts with that sort of antagonistic comment.

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2017, 03:17 PM   #27
OA
Scatter the nuns!!

Looks pretty sweet. A book this big is bound to have a ton of errors, but seeing some of the picture captions on the KS page...
Quote:
Techno Drone
Quote:
Scout Drone
Anyways, wish them the best!
Old 08-02-2017, 04:21 PM   #28
TheCanadiandrome
Big, Bad & Bold

Location: Inside the Technodrome; Shredderville; Saskatchewan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
You are not looking like the bigger man by ghosting his posts with that sort of antagonistic comment.
rofl of course not, but he's not going to care Powder, that's just how he is. meanwhile I just go about my own business and ignore his childishness

Add me: PSN/XBL; Nintendo Network ID: BDS-3.1.6; Switch FC: SW-3378-5206-8020

TMNT Fan Club: http://sot.ag/4jZR0

Visit My Wish List:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=30904

My Collection:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=40276
TheCanadiandrome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2017, 12:51 AM   #29
Nortock Diab
Hench Mutant

Campaign seems to be going well reaching half the funding at its pace.

I wonder if never released figures will be addressed through prototypes, I think about the second half of the Warriors of the Forgotten Sewers line.

By the way, I received the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Collectables Paperback and even if this official book is pleasant it clearly does offer enough for the true fan : photos are not particularly well shot, it is rather incomplete...
We can clearly see that the choice was too release a low budget book targeting as many people as possible (from fans to casual readers)
While my wishes would have been a definitive encyclopedia that can be a reference for the years to come.

In other words, this Kickstarter project is a blessing .
Nortock Diab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2017, 11:39 AM   #30
marcelangelo
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nortock Diab View Post
Campaign seems to be going well reaching half the funding at its pace.

I wonder if never released figures will be addressed through prototypes, I think about the second half of the Warriors of the Forgotten Sewers line.

By the way, I received the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Collectables Paperback and even if this official book is pleasant it clearly does offer enough for the true fan : photos are not particularly well shot, it is rather incomplete...
We can clearly see that the choice was too release a low budget book targeting as many people as possible (from fans to casual readers)
While my wishes would have been a definitive encyclopedia that can be a reference for the years to come.

In other words, this Kickstarter project is a blessing .

I have backed this project and as a backer you get updates from time to time.the guy doing this sent an e mail a few days ago that said that playmates has contacted him upon seeing this kickstarter campaign and they were pretty excited about it and assured him they would support his book.

so, I guess it does look good for that tmnt toys encyclopedia...

I am looking forward to seeing all that wonderful packaging art work again.
Old 08-09-2017, 12:31 PM   #31
funatic
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nortock Diab View Post
+ the guy already succesfully completed other Kickstarter campaigns. That speaks for him.
It looks like his other campaigns were for a similar giant hardcover showcasing every Air Jordan ever produced. The fact that they actually got printed is a great sign... though there are a lot of complaints in the comments sections on those campaigns which makes me a bit leery. I guess that's to be expected in a huge production like that though: people will share 99% problems, 1% praise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OA View Post
A book this big is bound to have a ton of errors, but seeing some of the picture captions on the KS page...
Yeah the subtle syntax and grammar problems in the description, even in the video, raise some red flags. If he assured some extensive proofreading I'd be much more inclined to pledge.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleWA View Post
I would love a book that covered everything and anything you could possibly find. Clothing, bootlegs, food tie-ins, prototypes, dollar store merchandise over the years, books, movies, games and so forth. Everything!
The page count would be staggering. I think that book's binding would be taller than the coffee table trembling beneath it.
funatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2017, 05:40 PM   #32
mikey0
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by OA View Post
Looks pretty sweet. A book this big is bound to have a ton of errors
I already spotted one on his Kickstarter page. Krang's Android Body was released in early '92.
mikey0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2017, 05:58 PM   #33
TurtleWA
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by funatic View Post
The page count would be staggering. I think that book's binding would be taller than the coffee table trembling beneath it.
I'm not a Star Wars guy but this book looks amazing and similar to what I am talking about. It's 568 pages. I really think the table of contents is cool. I like how each title ends with the word "it." I don't understand Spanish but still watched the video. Perhaps if this TMNT book is successful the makers could produce a second volume of all merchandise.

https://www.amazon.com/Star-Wars-1-0.../dp/0810972913

Old 08-14-2017, 05:34 PM   #34
easyemoney
Random Punk

So the campaign is being cancelled and restarted with a few changes and lower goal.

Unsure if I want to re-pledge as I'm feeling a little buyer's remorse. Will probably keep an eye on the campaign though.
easyemoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2017, 05:37 PM   #35
oldmanwinters
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by easyemoney View Post
So the campaign is being cancelled and restarted with a few changes and lower goal.

Unsure if I want to re-pledge as I'm feeling a little buyer's remorse. Will probably keep an eye on the campaign though.
Wow, it was really getting money in a hurry too. Already up to over $34k. But $58k always seemed unbelievably excessive for a book campaign.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects.../posts/1963150

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!
oldmanwinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2017, 11:44 PM   #36
DonnieLaForge
Stone Warrior

IMO this guy didn't need to relaunch the campaign. He was getting pretty close, and Kickstarter campaigns are known for having big 1st days and big last days. On the last day, it's featured by Kickstarter again and all kinds of people pitch in to push it over. So I was pretty sure he was going to make it.

I'm also worried that some people will not re-pledge for whatever reason. So now he might lose some of us.

But, still, seems pretty likely to happen the 2nd time too! I will be right back in as soon as it's live! I wonder if the photos/names of 'donors' in the book is still a thing or if it was cut as well to reduce page count....
DonnieLaForge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2017, 09:44 AM   #37
RaphaelinSTL
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonnieLaForge View Post
IMO this guy didn't need to relaunch the campaign. He was getting pretty close, and Kickstarter campaigns are known for having big 1st days and big last days. On the last day, it's featured by Kickstarter again and all kinds of people pitch in to push it over. So I was pretty sure he was going to make it.

I'm also worried that some people will not re-pledge for whatever reason. So now he might lose some of us.

But, still, seems pretty likely to happen the 2nd time too! I will be right back in as soon as it's live! I wonder if the photos/names of 'donors' in the book is still a thing or if it was cut as well to reduce page count....
Hopefully he'll still keep that ... just pledged and sent him an e-mail with my name and photo for the donor page.
Old 08-15-2017, 11:15 AM   #38
DonnieLaForge
Stone Warrior

Here's the new link...
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...cover-and-soft

It's only going to run for 11 days! Wow... Well, come on people, climb back aboard!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaphaelinSTL View Post
Hopefully he'll still keep that ... just pledged and sent him an e-mail with my name and photo for the donor page.
It does say that is still part of the rewards.
DonnieLaForge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2017, 01:13 PM   #39
tmntman
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonnieLaForge View Post

It's quite possible that the first campaign would have gone forward. But I the person putting this together has been working on this project for three years (though not exclusively) So seeing it not go through would have been VERY disappointing for him. When you add that to all the feedback that he received with helpful suggestions about what the fan base actually wanted (getting rid of the price guide, large format so photos could fit on a single page & the soft cover option) all of which allowed him to reduce the printing cost, it's not hard to see why he would make the changes to ensure that the project will go forward.

Check out my site at http://www.tmnttoys.com/
or follow me on Twitter, @TMNTtoys
tmntman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2017, 08:49 PM   #40
Casey
Stone Warrior

https://www.theverge.com/2017/8/13/1...ia-kickstarter