The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > Announcement Forums > Questions/Comments/Suggestions

Notices

Old 01-05-2015, 12:15 AM   #1
Powder
So tired of this place

Bayturtles Subsection

I think we should have a sub-section within the movie section devoted exclusively to the modern Platinum Dunes films, in the way that we have collection/custom sections within the toy section.

Why? Because the bulk of the movie section has been overrun with threads about the film, while all of the old school stuff (including TMNT) is getting lost. It's a bustling topic & it's only going to get more & more spotlight as the sequels roll out. Yes, all of the movies have been co-existing peacefully in one section up until now, but I don't think it's working so well anymore...

The movie section on a whole has been locked twice now, & that unfortunately is a consequence that is unfair to those of us who wish to discuss the 4 other movies, as well as associated content (props, the numerous films that were not produced, documentaries, fan films, etc). I have no doubt in my mind that the drama related to this new controversial series of films will continue to occur, regardless of any policing, banning, new members, etc, & as such, there may end up being periodical cool-down periods, such as this, where once again, discussion of the other movies is nuked in the process. That time-out session should not affect any threads but those it pertains to.

I realize nowadays the section is almost exclusively used to talk about the new stuff, but prior to that, it was still quite lively with threads about the rest . I feel it would return to that state if the old & new were kept separate, & having the two apart would likely make keeping a watch over things easier for the mods. I know the power to make this happen ultimately rests with Krang, who seems to be wholly MIA as of late, but how does everyone else feel about this idea?

Also, further incentive, ban the worst offenders from that sole section alone, so that they can still wax vintage flicks but not cause trouble.

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2015, 12:19 AM   #2
Davetello
Banned

Yes, I agree. I made a post a while ago about how it was annoying to try and find threads about the original film.

This is something I thought could have happened as well. Great suggestion. It makes a lot of sense since the new film is very topical and will naturally dominate the section. The section could cover all of the Bay films, present and future.
Davetello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2015, 12:22 AM   #3
Leo656
The Franchise

Seeing as how it was MY Idea to start with I think it's just grand.

In seriousness though, I think it's the best way to go. Why should anyone be barred from discussing Judith Hoag's calves in the appropriate forum just because other people can't play nice with regards to the new flick? I think a section for "classic movies" and "modern movies" is probably the best way to proceed at this point. Can't hurt.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2015, 12:25 AM   #4
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Agree if it would certainly help give a specific section a time out if needed rather than the entire movie section.

Edit: Although personally I would just advise against taking an "our section, movie criticism is unwelcome" clubhouse kind of mentality. Fights are clearly not going to end over this any time soon and all opinions, imo, are valid and have the right to be stated whether agreed with or not. Splitting it up however to avoid punishing the previous movies from being discussed would be a plus. (Unless of course the sequel pulls off a miracle and brings peace across the lands... lol)

Last edited by IndigoErth; 01-05-2015 at 01:16 AM.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2015, 12:27 AM   #5
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

I agree with this too that way everyone can be happy.
Old 01-05-2015, 12:36 AM   #6
pennydreadful
trash

Defs - I think it's a great idea. Particularly with BayTurtles Part 2 coming up; it'd be nice to be able to check out threads on classic movie stuff without having to hear about the latest developments on the new ones for those who aren't interested.

Creator of the Technodrome After Dark Discussion Group. PM for an invite (must be over 18 - no exceptions).
pennydreadful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2015, 12:56 AM   #7
Commenter 42
Banned

I think it might be best to break the subsection, into a subsection of said subsection.

The fighting ensues as a direct result of the forever war of Pro v. Con, (stating the obvious I know ) so I don't think lumping the two together in one place will work out in the end. To be honest, speaking for myself, it would be nice to still have conversations with others without the chirping from the opposing side looking to pick a fight, which lately is the spark of unrest.
Commenter 42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2015, 01:34 AM   #8
B-Man
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commenter 42 View Post
it would be nice to still have conversations with others without the chirping from the opposing side looking to pick a fight, which lately is the spark of unrest.
I'm pretty sure you having a go at me about Gary Oldman was the reason it was closed again yesterday I was enjoying that discussion too. I think a mod just took a glance at it and thought Argument Alert. We were having a discussion. Christ, I'm paranoid to even bring it up in case this gets closed...

"They were many. But we kicked... We fought well."
B-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2015, 01:39 AM   #9
Davetello
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-Man View Post
I'm pretty sure you having a go at me about Gary Oldman was the reason it was closed again yesterday I was enjoying that discussion too. I think a mod just took a glance at it and thought Argument Alert. We were having a discussion. Christ, I'm paranoid to even bring it up in case this gets closed...
Locked quicker than my bumhole when Graham Norton is around.
Old 01-05-2015, 01:39 AM   #10
Commenter 42
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-Man View Post
But I think you knew I was ribbing you. It wasn't mean spirited, obviously. I think things get twisted here every now and again.

Healthy debate is FUN, no? And I still don't understand Oldman as Krang...

I said nothing! Don't lock the thread, I'll be good!
Old 01-05-2015, 01:42 AM   #11
Davetello
Banned

Stop being so civil to each other. I just went and got some tomato soup & hot chocolate. Start hurling abuse at each other so I can enjoy it more. Just for ten minutes, then you can go back to being friendly.

Please?
Old 01-05-2015, 01:47 AM   #12
Commenter 42
Banned

Maybe we just need to start a social group? Like AA? Arguments Anonymous?
Old 01-05-2015, 01:54 AM   #13
B-Man
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commenter 42 View Post
Healthy debate is FUN, no?
That's what I'm saying, I love a good debate. But now I'm paranoid to participate when I come back & see the whole section is on lockdown because of it, which doesn't benefit anyone Yeah let's go start Arguments Anonymous where we can freely scream the house down over who should voice cartoon characters

"They were many. But we kicked... We fought well."
B-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2015, 01:56 AM   #14
Davetello
Banned

How about TWATS

Total Wankers And Their Sh!t

Or PRICKS

People Revelling In Completely Killing Self-esteem
Old 01-05-2015, 02:03 AM   #15
Refractive Reflections
Mad Scientist

I agree with this too that there should be a sub-forum within the movie section for the Bay Turtles since these films are the most polarizing issue of the TMNT franchise and it's only going to get more intense with an upcoming sequel.
Refractive Reflections is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2015, 02:04 AM   #16
Davetello
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Refractive Reflections View Post
I agree with this too that there should be a sub-forum within the movie section for the Bay Turtles since these films are the most polarizing issue of the TMNT franchise and it's only going to get more intense with an upcoming sequel.
Shut up you bellend.

(Just trying to fittingly capture the spirit of the section in question).
Old 01-05-2015, 02:07 AM   #17
Powder
So tired of this place

Let's try to keep at least one thread on topic, guys.

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2015, 02:09 AM   #18
Davetello
Banned

More spins on Argument Anonymous

BASTARDS

Big Annoying Scumbags Terminally Annihilating Really Depressed Saddos

WANKERS

Where All Notorious Kombatants Eviscerate Rage Suppression

Sorry Powder, that's my last jokey post.

I don't really know what's more to say though? Everyone agrees it's a great idea and should be put into action. The results are unanimous.
Old 01-05-2015, 02:18 AM   #19
Refractive Reflections
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davetello View Post
Shut up you bellend.

(Just trying to fittingly capture the spirit of the section in question).
"Oh yeah?!? You're not a true Turtle fan Davetello!!!!"

( It's hilarious how that statement is used so often. ...Like my sig says about this place being a soap opera! )
Refractive Reflections is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2015, 02:23 AM   #20
Davetello
Banned

Yeah, I didn't like the film but I don't subscribe to the idea that anyone who did isn't a real fan. Them liking and supporting the film may be detrimental to the franchise's future, depending on what you want from it, but that's a completely different matter.

Tags
bayturtles