The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Toy/Collectible Discussion

Notices

Old 06-25-2019, 06:46 PM   #21
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

How are these being sold? SDCC exclusives? Store shelves? Select comic book shops? Also, what price range is th his?
Old 06-25-2019, 07:11 PM   #22
cloud
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coro View Post
Honestly? So do I. No one can really collect 1/4 scale figures like they do Marvel Legends or something, and I will never own another set of 1/4 scale figures ever again, but these 1/4 turtles will be on my shelf to stay. They are really just too awesome. I get it though. Not everyone can.
This is something I have trouble understanding. Space and price are very common issues for collectors but 1/4 and expensive collectibles are considered spotlights in people's collection.

For example, a friend or house guest walks into my place and for sure the larger more detailed toys are the spotlight and catches people's eyes immediately. 4 turtles, Shredder, foot ninja. It's a different presence than a row of Marvel figures from their commericals.
cloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2019, 07:42 PM   #23
Chaotix12345
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeandRaph87 View Post
How are these being sold? SDCC exclusives? Store shelves? Select comic book shops? Also, what price range is th his?
The Cartoon-based figures are being sold in two-packs exclusively at Target for around sixty bucks. Still no word on how the game-deco ones are getting out.
Chaotix12345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2019, 01:35 AM   #24
AquaParade
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turnstone View Post
You must have got a bad set of the quarter scale ones. I have two sets of the 7 inch ones also and the paint jobs aren’t near as good as they are in the larger scale. Sorry but fact.
Sorry, I don’t mean the specific application, but the difference in paint choices between the two sets.

The small scale has this more glossy, skin-like appearance. Sort of hard to articulate, but the two skin tones are different.

Also, the joints are hidden much better. The large figures look stupendous, no doubt... but they look better from far away. Up close, the knee pads and other joint areas are a bit more obvious than they are on the smaller figures. No, it’s not specific to my set.

Not saying the large figures aren’t awesome. There are just trade-offs between the two sets. I wish the small figures had kept the cloth mask.
AquaParade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2019, 05:28 AM   #25
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaotix12345 View Post
The Cartoon-based figures are being sold in two-packs exclusively at Target for around sixty bucks. Still no word on how the game-deco ones are getting out.
I have not seen these at Target. There two packs, 4 of them ,right? Then Shredder, Leatherhead, and Slash join solo?
Old 06-26-2019, 05:47 AM   #26
Chaotix12345
Stone Warrior

Yeah, they've released four so far. Wave 2 will include Bebop/Rocksteady and a double Foot Soldier pack. Slash/Leatherhead are a part of Wave 3 as another two-pack. Don't think there's been word on TiT Shredder, though.
Chaotix12345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2019, 07:38 AM   #27
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaotix12345 View Post
Yeah, they've released four so far. Wave 2 will include Bebop/Rocksteady and a double Foot Soldier pack. Slash/Leatherhead are a part of Wave 3 as another two-pack. Don't think there's been word on TiT Shredder, though.
Okay, thanks. I know of them,but never could find them. I am definitely getting Slash and Leatherhead. They look like the versions I grew up with. It also cool to have the villains pairred up together. I always associated them, but they never interacted.
Old 06-26-2019, 08:25 AM   #28
xZAOx
Stone Warrior

I love the 1/4 scale for the 90s movie, but that's where I draw the line. It's nice to have amazing figures for a movie and franchise I love, and it really helps them stand out.

I wouldn't buy 1/4 scale for any of the other movies or anything. And for the first movie, I'd say Splinter, Casey, and April are the last of the "must haves". I'd probably go for a Tatsu too, and that'd be it.
xZAOx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2019, 01:46 PM   #29
Browne762
Foot Soldier

If they did 1/4 scale cartoon figures I would be happy and also go broke. I enjoyed the cartoons more then the movies. Most of what I have collected is cartoon based.
Browne762 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2019, 06:15 PM   #30
***First of Two Latin Kings***
Will not be censored

Quote:
Originally Posted by teemu View Post
Did anybody ask about 1990 Movie Casey Jones? I hear April is now unlikely

What else can they do from the 1990 movies besides Casey, Tatsu, and trenchcoat Raph??
You heard April is now unlikely from whom?
I can hear it now: "I'm sorry little April, I told you that if you didn't take good care of them I'd be taking them away. Now they are going to the lab to be abused for experimentation" (You could almost rewrite this as April caused the fire to get back at her father over it...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCanadiandrome View Post
Powder I'd not defend him, that's just how he gets

International shipping assistance: DARTHCJJ@GMAIL.COM
***First of Two Latin Kings*** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2019, 03:04 PM   #31
inaheap
Mad Scientist

Pretty sure April being unlikely was in one of the Q&A videos on youtube.

We do not stop playing because we grow old. We grow old because we stop playing

When I became an adult I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.
inaheap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2019, 06:44 AM   #32
***First of Two Latin Kings***
Will not be censored

Quote:
Originally Posted by Browne762 View Post
If they did 1/4 scale cartoon figures I would be happy and also go broke. I enjoyed the cartoons more then the movies. Most of what I have collected is cartoon based.
I only have a 1:4 scale Raphael in Disguise because there is no smaller alternative. I can't imagine they'd do the cartoon figures in 1:4 scale, just doesn't seem there would be enough demand.
I can hear it now: "I'm sorry little April, I told you that if you didn't take good care of them I'd be taking them away. Now they are going to the lab to be abused for experimentation" (You could almost rewrite this as April caused the fire to get back at her father over it...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCanadiandrome View Post
Powder I'd not defend him, that's just how he gets

International shipping assistance: DARTHCJJ@GMAIL.COM
***First of Two Latin Kings*** is offline   Reply With Quote