The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Comic Discussion

Notices

Old 07-12-2019, 04:41 PM   #241
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophie Campbell View Post
That said, I would LOVE to introduce Tokka and Rahzar into IDW.
I hope Bobby greenlits this idea, even if they aren't major characters and just for a mini or one-shot, I LOVE your designs for them and if we ever see them in appear in general in IDW I hope you're the one to introduce them over any other writer/artist, etc.

https://www.deviantart.com/mooncalfe...-fun-682501619

These guys look so cool.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2019, 04:48 PM   #242
ChosenOne
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
I hope Bobby greenlits this idea, even if they aren't major characters and just for a mini or one-shot, I LOVE your designs for them and if we ever see them in appear in general in IDW I hope you're the one to introduce them over any other writer/artist, etc.

https://www.deviantart.com/mooncalfe...-fun-682501619

These guys look so cool.
Now that's a snapping turtle!

I can see them working well as alternate reality equivalents of Bebop and Rocksteady in a third B&R mini.
ChosenOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2019, 05:46 PM   #243
ChosenOne
Mad Scientist

Even though it's technically for #96, I'm just gonna leave this here...

https://twitter.com/TomWaltz/status/1149009937164636162

That Alopex/Nobody/Hun tag team looks crazy!

And now we know why the criminal crowd scene from City Fall came up again recently!

Notice that Foot Assassin has a yellow mask. I wonder...?
Old 07-12-2019, 06:16 PM   #244
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophie Campbell View Post
That female turtle is my own character, Artemisia. She's in my fan comic, she has nothing to do with IDW. But even if she was related to IDW TMNT, I would never post actual official concept art publicly like that! I like to think I'm SOMEWHAT professional, haha. I kept those Jennika drawings secret for TWO YEARS!

That said, I would LOVE to introduce Tokka and Rahzar into IDW.
I could not remember the actual drawing itself, but my memory was thinking " was that a failed concept art from the time this was green lighted?". That was what got me thinking about the Razhar and Tokka drawings that I remember clearer.
MikeandRaph87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2019, 06:19 PM   #245
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

So Hun does not lose his spine and align with Karai? Still a grey area not to trust.A character to watch since he went from being Arnold Sr.'s killer to Arnold Sr. himself.
Old 07-12-2019, 08:09 PM   #246
CyberCubed
Overlord

Predicting Hun will be one of the characters killed off by issue 100. His character seems to have run his course in the IDW universe, and I'm sure there will be some deaths besides possibly Splinter by the end of this arc. Much like Slash bit the bullet, as well as Krang before that, sometimes its best to end a character rather than to leave them around getting stale.
Old 07-12-2019, 08:20 PM   #247
ChosenOne
Mad Scientist

How about either or both of the Liljas? They're in a pretty rough spot right now.
Old 07-12-2019, 08:24 PM   #248
CyberCubed
Overlord

Nah, they are creators and fan favorite characters. Besides Hun and possibly Splinter, the only other character I could see dying is Hob or or Baxter but even that is a stretch and probably won't happen. I'm sure Metalhead will be blown up eventually though if he counts.
Old 07-12-2019, 09:14 PM   #249
Mutant Ninja Anole
Hench Mutant

Good on Hun for staying loyal to his son and the Dragons. It also looks like Karai is enlisting the service of the other crime families that are under the Foot.

I missed it earlier but I do like the idea of Mona Lisa or some other mutant being in a “non fighter” capacity. I realize the prospect of too many mutants is something people complain about, but we actually got something of a real, actual “mutant community” and not just a group of guys in a warehouse, seeing “ordinary” mutants trying to live their lives would be interesting.
Old 07-12-2019, 10:21 PM   #250
ChosenOne
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutant Ninja Anole View Post
Good on Hun for staying loyal to his son and the Dragons. It also looks like Karai is enlisting the service of the other crime families that are under the Foot.

I missed it earlier but I do like the idea of Mona Lisa or some other mutant being in a “non fighter” capacity. I realize the prospect of too many mutants is something people complain about, but we actually got something of a real, actual “mutant community” and not just a group of guys in a warehouse, seeing “ordinary” mutants trying to live their lives would be interesting.
Going off that, it would be interesting if the story progressed to a point where mutants are outed and form a community to coexist with the humans, all while Mayor Stockman is trying to herd them into a ghetto.
Old 07-14-2019, 02:40 PM   #251
Mutant Ninja Anole
Hench Mutant

I’m not sure what role Stockman will be playing here. Weird thing about someone with total self interest, if you can convince them helping you helps them they can be on your side. April seems to be counting on that. But what about Null? Here’s the odd thing: The EPF wants to destroy all mutants or make them slaves, Null wants to exploit them...but compared to Slash, the wolf soldiers from the Dreadmon issue, Zodi and snake girl who is adorable but whose name I am too lazy to look up actually seem to be doing okay for themselves by comparison. If the Mutanimals want a brave new future with a thriving mutant population, and Stockman comes out as a sponsor of Null presenting a kinder, gentler face of helpful mutants (in service of the Null corporate plan), that might be a way to get the EPF black ops off their backs.
Old 07-14-2019, 02:41 PM   #252
ChosenOne
Mad Scientist

Quote:
I’m not sure what role Stockman will be playing here. Weird thing about someone with total self interest, if you can convince them helping you helps them they can be on your side. April seems to be counting on that. But what about Null? Here’s the odd thing: The EPF wants to destroy all mutants or make them slaves, Null wants to exploit them...but compared to Slash, the wolf soldiers from the Dreadmon issue, Zodi and snake girl who is adorable but whose name I am too lazy to look up actually seem to be doing okay for themselves by comparison. If the Mutanimals want a brave new future with a thriving mutant population, and Stockman comes out as a sponsor of Null presenting a kinder, gentler face of helpful mutants (in service of the Null corporate plan), that might be a way to get the EPF black ops off their backs.
One way or another, the next time Hob and Stockman meet after what seems like forever will be interesting for sure.
Old Yesterday, 11:57 AM   #253
spookycookies
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChosenOne View Post
One way or another, the next time Hob and Stockman meet after what seems like forever will be interesting for sure.
Remind me when was the last time they met? I don't think that Stockman ever saw Hob after he left him for dead back in first volume of IDW...
spookycookies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 12:52 PM   #254
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by spookycookies View Post
Remind me when was the last time they met? I don't think that Stockman ever saw Hob after he left him for dead back in first volume of IDW...
That was the last time. Hob blew up Stocktronics Lab at the end of City Fall following Splinter swiping the mutagen that would be used to create Pigeon Pete, Mondo Gecko, and Herman The Hermit Crab. Now it appears that Hob will attempt to assassinate Baxter on the day of the mayoral election. Perhaps due to his alliance with Null in addition to the original experimentation.

Check out the best DC Comics site on the net:
http://new.dcuwiki.net/forums/index.php
Now featuring Ethan Van Sciver!

Old Yesterday, 11:49 PM   #255
Mutant Ninja Anole
Hench Mutant

It suddenly strikes me that aside from having her under Splinter’s wing for...goodness 40+ issues of the comic now right? Jennika has another parallel with her new “brothers”: She “died” and came back in a new body. Right after saying Splinter and the Turtles were a family she hadn’t had before and she was willing to die for them.

I sort of want to do a full Jennika retrospective post...
Old Today, 12:57 AM   #256
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

Oh sh*t I never thought if it that way.
Old Today, 07:24 AM   #257
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Quote:
It suddenly strikes me that aside from having her under Splinter’s wing for...goodness 40+ issues of the comic now right? Jennika has another parallel with her new “brothers”: She “died” and came back in a new body. Right after saying Splinter and the Turtles were a family she hadn’t had before and she was willing to die for them.

I sort of want to do a full Jennika retrospective post...
Go for it. It's also interesting to note the scientist murderer could very well be Jennika.

Check out the best DC Comics site on the net:
http://new.dcuwiki.net/forums/index.php
Now featuring Ethan Van Sciver!

Old Today, 09:14 AM   #258
Sophie Campbell
Official TMNT Staff/Cast

Quote:
Originally Posted by mutant ninja anole View Post
it suddenly strikes me that aside from having her under splinter’s wing for...goodness 40+ issues of the comic now right? Jennika has another parallel with her new “brothers”: She “died” and came back in a new body. Right after saying splinter and the turtles were a family she hadn’t had before and she was willing to die for them.

I sort of want to do a full jennika retrospective post...
OMG do it!!!
Sophie Campbell is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
the future is female