The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Everything Else

Notices

Old 01-28-2007, 05:39 PM   #81
jeff the cheff
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Snackpants View Post
Push. I've only seen him in 2. I think he throws 2 TDs and 2 INTs.
The mustache one, the one for ESPN with Eli Manning, the one where he cheers on coffe makers and movers, and that one with the guys ending to a movie where he says "coach, but they playoffs are tommorow," and I heard there was another one that will air during the Superbowl.

So I didn't give good descriptions...but thats 4-5 commercials, and I don't think that many TD's is likley.
jeff the cheff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2007, 06:11 PM   #82
Mr. Snackpants
Keep cool my babies!

Oh I forgot the ESPN one with Eli. So that's 3. So I go under then
Mr. Snackpants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2007, 10:25 AM   #83
OA
Scatter the nuns!!

Well todays the big day!!! After so much buildup the time has finally come...im thinking the weather today might play a big factor, esp. if it rains...

Im thinking though, the Colts take it by a touchdown 31-24...

THoughts?
Old 02-04-2007, 11:55 AM   #84
jeff the cheff
Mad Scientist

My prediction..

Bears- 512

Colts- 2

Daaa Bearssssssssssss
Old 02-04-2007, 01:37 PM   #85
Mr. Snackpants
Keep cool my babies!

I'm picking the Bears, but honestly I have no idea whats going to happen. I just hope its a close game. I think Peyton wont have a great game but will be clutch at the end and then Colts will miss a last second field goal to tie... kinda like last year

Bears-26
Colts-23
Old 02-04-2007, 01:46 PM   #86
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy

DA BEARS!!

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2007, 04:02 PM   #87
OA
Scatter the nuns!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Snackpants View Post
I'm picking the Bears, but honestly I have no idea whats going to happen. I just hope its a close game. I think Peyton wont have a great game but will be clutch at the end and then Colts will miss a last second field goal to tie... kinda like last year

Bears-26
Colts-23
Yea, but this time around they gots Vinaterie...
Old 02-04-2007, 08:09 PM   #88
OA
Scatter the nuns!!

Well...its all over...the Colts win 29-17!!! Pretty sloppy game in the begining, but overall I thought it was a pretty good game...not particualrly exciting but still a solid game... I do feel bad for Rex as I'm sure that will be all the talk, about his interecptions and play in the game...

And on another note, the commercials weren't quite that great this year IMO...a couple got me chuckling a bit but nothing like back in the day...

So football season is over... ...but at least my Gators are still dominating in basketball...
Old 02-04-2007, 08:48 PM   #89
JetsAndHeels
Stone Warrior

Congrats to the Colts...glad to see Manning and Dungy win a Championship.

Hey TMNT, I am with you..now its time to focus on basketball and march madness coming up. My TarHeels lost yesterday and have Duke Wed. night. That game is like the Super Bowl for me.
Old 02-04-2007, 09:27 PM   #90
bmxbandit
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetsAndHeels View Post
Hey TMNT, I am with you..now its time to focus on basketball and march madness coming up. My TarHeels lost yesterday and have Duke Wed. night. That game is like the Super Bowl for me.
yeah unc lost! to NCSU!!!! i was sooo excited! NCSU FTMFW!

but as for the superbowl.... blah. i really wanted to see the bears pull it off. they just couldn't come up with good plays without doing something stupid.
Old 02-04-2007, 09:31 PM   #91
JetsAndHeels
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmxbandit View Post
yeah unc lost! to NCSU!!!! i was sooo excited! NCSU FTMFW!
Congrats on state beating carolina for the first time in 4 years.
Old 02-05-2007, 07:34 AM   #92
MadPirateBunny
Mad Scientist

yay!

Note to self: Pillage first. THEN Burn.
MadPirateBunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007, 11:13 AM   #93
Dinny
Stone Warrior

All I heard about this is that David Beckham somehow appeared on one of the adverts.
Dinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007, 01:31 PM   #94
OA
Scatter the nuns!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dinny View Post
All I heard about this is that David Beckham somehow appeared on one of the adverts.
Yea, he was...the spot he was in didint focus on him or anything...he was just one of a whole slew of celebrities at someones party...no lines or anything...

And Jets, yea that was a tough loss the other night...but still alot of time to go...
Old 02-05-2007, 02:06 PM   #95
jeff the cheff
Mad Scientist

The superbowl was great in the first half, even though it was very sloppy. I wished the Colts would have not short kicked the kickoff everytime, because you can tell their special teams wouldnt have been special enough to stop that guy from running it back on them again. The best part was that when the colts kicked off, I yelled "run it back!" Apparantley he heard me.

So the superbowl itself wasn't that great of a game, just like last year. Whenever my team isn't in the superbowl, I root for the team that loses...hmmm.

I didn't see all the commercials, because I was at a party and it was kind of loud. I liked the snickers commercial where the two guys accidentaly kissed, then had to rip out chest hair to make up for the lack of manliness. Also, I read somewhere that after the Janet Jackson Superbowl, they promised not to show any erectile dysfunction commercials, because some idiots think its innapropriate. There was a sprint commercial I think where they used the word "connectile dysfunction," which I thought was great.

One more thing that I noticed, and some people agreed, was that before the coin flip, the fans cheered when they called out the players names. Musim Muhammed, for some reason, got booed. The only reason I thought of was that there are a lot of idiots who think anyone with a Muhamed in there name or who is brown represents terrorists. Anyone else notice this?

Oh and maybe there should be a general sports thread, because some of you are discussing college basketball. I'm going to see UConn and Syracuse tonight, the game is on campus and I got tickets. It's 10 degrees here with 15 mph wind, and theres about 50 kids already waiting to get in, with tents and everything. I heard some kids saying that they and their friends were rotating and have been staking out their spot in line since this morning, and the game isnt even till 7. Anyways, UConn isn't doing that great this year, but I just hope they can win this one against a rival team
Old 02-05-2007, 03:32 PM   #96
Ecto Jedi
Denki Wo Kitte Kudasai

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff the cheff View Post
One more thing that I noticed, and some people agreed, was that before the coin flip, the fans cheered when they called out the players names. Musim Muhammed, for some reason, got booed. The only reason I thought of was that there are a lot of idiots who think anyone with a Muhamed in there name or who is brown represents terrorists. Anyone else notice this?
I did, and I was quite perplexed, as well. I thought the same thing as you initially -- though the crowd wouldn't be that ignorant, would it?
Ecto Jedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007, 04:30 PM   #97
JetsAndHeels
Stone Warrior

They arent booing him. They are yelling "Moooooose". That is the honest truth...when he was playing for the panthers they did the same here.
Old 02-05-2007, 04:52 PM   #98
Mr. Snackpants
Keep cool my babies!

Quote:
They arent booing him. They are yelling "Moooooose". That is the honest truth...when he was playing for the panthers they did the same here.
Yup, that's exactly what they were doing

I wanted the Bears to win but, ehhh it doesn't really matter. I was just hoping for an exciting game but that didn't happen.

How about the commercials? Not as good as previous years but there were still some great ones. Heres a link to them:

http://www.youtube.com/superbowl
Old 02-05-2007, 04:58 PM   #99
OA
Scatter the nuns!!

Quote:
Yea...its kind of interesting to hear that, cuz you think they're booing him when in fact they cheering him...you'll also hear that similar "booing" for a handful of other players in different sports whose name (first or last) kinda has that "ooo" thing going for it...and of course, as I write this, I can't think of any player to use as an example!

...it'll come to me...
Old 02-05-2007, 07:58 PM   #100
Ecto Jedi
Denki Wo Kitte Kudasai

Quote:
Well, that makes more sense.
Ecto Jedi is offline   Reply With Quote