The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 04-02-2019, 07:26 PM   #21
Leo656
The Franchise

I've often said that somewhere in between the first Raimi film and the first "Amazing" film is the "perfect" Spider-Man movie. I think "Amazing" is fine, its biggest sin is merely coming out "too soon" after the previous trilogy, but in a vacuum it's Perfectly Fine. Except for the pointless origin changes, but again, "too soon" so they had no choice. I didn't like the changes but they were forced upon them by "Corporate", so I mostly forgive them.

Amazing 2 had some good moments in what was ultimately a very bloated and meandering affair with far too many competing subplots, each of which could have been its own film. Far from the worst CBM I've ever seen, and not as bad as its reputation, but it definitely needed to reign in some of those creative choices. Electro, for example, was... creative, but ultimately terrible. But the film does have its moments.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2019, 07:37 PM   #22
oldmanwinters
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
Likewise, I didn't think "Street Fighter: Legend of Chun-Li" would be fantastic, but I thought that mathematically it HAD to be better than the Van Damme movie. Instead, not only did it make the Van Damme movie look like a masterpiece, it turned out to be one of the all-time worst... THINGS that I've ever seen, rivalled only by "Ghostbusters: Answer The Call".
Hoo-yeah, I picked that Chun-Li feature up on DVD at a pawn shop, and hoped to be pleasantly entertained. But things got so weird in that movie.

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!
oldmanwinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2019, 08:17 PM   #23
Leo656
The Franchise

I just... I want something bad to happen to every single person involved in it. They deserve it.

IT'S SO F*CKING TERRIBLE!!!

Like HOW the... I mean who could possibly... WHY, would anyone.... how could anyone on this EARTH even... just... just... COME ON!!! WHAT THE F*CK?!?!?

Every single review of that goddamn movie should just be a close-up shot of someone giving the finger. Words cannot describe.

Old 04-02-2019, 08:32 PM   #24
drgon78
Mad Scientist

Iron Man 3, so disappointing.

The Matrix sequels, so horrible.

Every Stars movie made after the original trilogy.

Alien 3, killed the franchise, never recovered.

Mortal Kombat 2.
drgon78 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2019, 08:50 PM   #25
Leo656
The Franchise

I used to totally hate "Mortal Kombat: Annihilation".

...Then I saw "Legend of Chun-Li" and realized that a whole other level of "Suck" existed far beneath and beyond anything I'd ever dreamed of. Turns out the barrel had a false bottom! "There's MORE garbage, way down here!"

MK:A is terrible. But oh, man. It's at least "expectantly terrible". Possibly even "Understandably terrible".

I think "Chun-Li" is some sort of suicide cult's Doomsday Weapon. "We need to trick more people into committing mass suicide." "Have you tried giving 'em THIS?" It's the only thing that makes any sense.

Old 04-02-2019, 09:09 PM   #26
sdp
Megan Fox = April

Star Wars 7, Matrix Revolutions, Iron Man 3

All 3 were franchise killers for me.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2019, 09:34 PM   #27
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post
Star Wars 7, Matrix Revolutions, Iron Man 3

All 3 were franchise killers for me.
But does Iron Man 3 even count as a franchise killer when they stopped at three?

Same for Revolutions?

Or do you mean it retroactively made the previous movies worse just by existing?
Old 04-02-2019, 09:57 PM   #28
sdp
Megan Fox = April

Quote:
Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy View Post
But does Iron Man 3 even count as a franchise killer when they stopped at three?

Same for Revolutions?

Or do you mean it retroactively made the previous movies worse just by existing?
I mean they killed my interest in the properties. I was a huge fan of Star Wars, The Matrix and the MCU and after those movies I just didn't care.

I'm sure i'll watch and enjoy the MCU one day but I stopped going to the movie theater after Iron Man 3. I was able to revive my interest of the Matrix a few years ago when watching the original film again, but yeah the third movie kills it, the second one can be salvaged. Star Wars I wanted an Episode VII since I was a kid and before the prequels existed and we got a ****ing remake, that one hurt the most I think, I'm not sure if that one can ever be salvaged, I'll always love the OT.
Old 04-02-2019, 10:41 PM   #29
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Aw, really? I'd take Spider-Man 3 over either of the "Amazing" ones by far. The good parts in 3 are so much more better and earned than anything in either of those, no matter how much was rushed or truncated in 3.

And really? Matrix Revolutions is worse than Reloaded? How? Stuff actually happens in that. Nothing happens in Reloaded.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2019, 10:51 PM   #30
sdp
Megan Fox = April

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
And really? Matrix Revolutions is worse than Reloaded? How? Stuff actually happens in that. Nothing happens in Reloaded.
Reloaded by itself is underwhelming but didn't disappoint too much, it did a lot of world building, introduced cool characters and set up a huge mystery and cliffhanger. It wasn't a very strong movie but it set up a third movie that had a lot to answer to make up for Reloaded. Revolutions was just a generic humans vs machine movie fort he most part, all the world building in Reloaded was for the most part ignored and gave unsatisfying answers to the mysteries. Revolutions retroactively made reloaded worse since you knew all that happened there was for nothing.
Old 04-02-2019, 11:30 PM   #31
Wildcat
Foot Elite

I really don’t know. I’ve seen some really bad movies but typically they’re not mainstream or even Highend DTV. I’m talking those really low budget ones with very cheap production and unintentionally funny acting.

I genuinely want to know why those people make them when they have nowhere near the resources for it. Some have interesting ideas but end up ridiculous.

One reason why I hate when people trash mainstream movies. Even though they’re not always great they’re at least passable, mostly. People take decent acting and proper production values for granted.

Legend of Chun-Li is not a good movie but it’s watchable once because it was “made properly”. If that makes sense. Plus Kristin Kreuk Don’t blame her for it being a dumb movie. A lot of actors have made dumb movies.

I loved MK:A. Don’t care if I’m in a minority. It’s cheesy but it’s game accurate. I give credit for that.
Old 04-03-2019, 09:27 AM   #32
Leo656
The Franchise

MK:A may as well have been called, "Hey look! It's ______!"

Less of a "movie", more a game of "Let's cram in as many two-second cameos for every single game character as we possibly can."

I mean, none of them DO anything, and every single actor would be kicked out of even the most no-budget community theater group... But hey, they got 'em in there, kinda!

It's amazing that an actual (sort of) fan-film web series boasts infinity greater fidelity and craftsmanship than an actual Hollywood production. But then again not really.

Old 04-03-2019, 09:43 AM   #33
neatoman
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redeemer View Post
If this movie is on your list, then Sam Rami's **** master piece "Spider-man 3" needs to be at the top. That movie is the most garbage super-movie I have ever seen.

I actually like Amazing Spider-man 2. I wish they didn't cut the ending out with Peter meeting his dad. The Gwen Stacey death scene is the best movie scene of any Spider-man movie. That movie does not deserve the hate it gets, it it a an amazing movie? No, but I believe that movie is far superior than Spider-man 3, its about on par with the original Spider-man movie.
Quote:
Aw, really? I'd take Spider-Man 3 over either of the "Amazing" ones by far. The good parts in 3 are so much more better and earned than anything in either of those, no matter how much was rushed or truncated in 3.
Well Spider-Man 3 has gotten worse for me every time I watched it but there was never any initial "This will be great... Oh no, it sucks!" moment. I was like 14 when that movie came out and back then I still naive enough to not really see the flaws quite as well.
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2019, 09:50 AM   #34
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:

Less of a "movie", more a game of "Let's cram in as many two-second cameos for every single game character as we possibly can."

I mean, none of them DO anything, and every single actor would be kicked out of even the most no-budget community theater group... But hey, they got 'em in there, kinda!

It's amazing that an actual (sort of) fan-film web series boasts infinity greater fidelity and craftsmanship than an actual Hollywood production. But then again not really.
MK:A is probably on my top 5 worst films of all time list. Concentrated sh**.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2019, 12:00 PM   #35
ZariusTwo
Overlord

65% of MCU movies are this for me.
ZariusTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2019, 12:35 PM   #36
neatoman
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZariusTwo View Post
65% of MCU movies are this for me.
Then stop watching.
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2019, 06:32 PM   #37
Prowler
Emperor

Quote:

I liked the Spider-man movies with Toby Maguire and James Franco when I was a kid tbh. I never watched the 3rd one, though. Supposedly that's the one that gets the most criticism of the trilogy?
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2019, 11:53 PM   #38
Wildcat
Foot Elite

Quote:

Well by then the games had a lot of characters. Some of them were part of Shao Kahn’s gang. It was about him opening the portals and breaking the tournament rules anyway.

They fit ok considering the storyline imo. They got their point across.
Old 04-04-2019, 12:03 AM   #39
Leo656
The Franchise

Was "The Point", "In the games, Shao Khan is an invincible bad-ass, and in this movie, he's a Huge Pussy who looks like Dollar-Store Billy Zane?" And why the HELL won't he keep his goddamn mask on?

I think the "point" was, "We can't even afford Christopher Lambert. Christopher Lambert relented to do 'Highlander 2: The Quickening', but couldn't be assed to do THIS movie. Which means this movie probably isn't very good. Because our previous Big Star genuinely thought 'Highlander 2' was a better career move than being in THIS goddamn thing."

If the second MK movie had a more specific "point" - or at least a more easily proven one - I'd like to know what it is.

Old 04-04-2019, 12:36 AM   #40
Wildcat
Foot Elite

I don’t know the bios for every character but I’m pretty sure it’s not Shao Kahn vs Everybody. Some are actually on his side. The evil ones anyway.

Of course every character gets a specific ending in the games but it don’t how that’d fit in a movie. It’s still quite close to MK3.

Every character could not get a huge role. They’re either there to help the Earth Warriors or stop them.

They pick a fight with each other until they get to Shao Kahn...basically like the tower matches. I don’t know what you want me to say. Sure it’s cheesy and could be done better now.