The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Toy/Collectible Discussion

Notices

Old 07-15-2019, 05:11 PM   #1
Coro
Mad Scientist

PSA-Mondo Turtles down to $80 at BBTS

PSA-Mondo Turtles down to $80 at BBTS

I bought mine on the second hand market for 100, but they are on BBTS right now for 80-90 brand new.

WORTH IT if you were on the fence. I disagree with the 150, but 80? Grab em!

Coro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2019, 05:47 PM   #2
xZAOx
Stone Warrior

Only Leo is $80. Raph $83, Donny $90, Mikey $100. https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Searc...ing&Brand=2431

If they had done more than just the turtles, I would be tempted. But most licensees just do the 4 TMNT for easy repaints then drop it.
xZAOx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2019, 06:03 PM   #3
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing

It wasn't long ago Leo was down to $65
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2019, 09:25 PM   #4
EddieNES
Stone Warrior

Did Mondo scrap Casey, Shred, and Foot?
EddieNES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2019, 09:55 PM   #5
Darth Knuckles
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieNES View Post
Did Mondo scrap Casey, Shred, and Foot?
As far as I know they are still being made. I do want to be reassured though so hopefully they will be shown again at San Diego Comic Con in a few days.
Old 07-16-2019, 08:59 AM   #6
SilverNinja
Foot Soldier

I honestly can't remember what I paid for all my Mondo turtles, but I definitely got them at discounted prices (roughly $80 - $100 each). While they certainly have their flaws, I absolutely love this set.

I seriously hope more are revealed at SDCC, but I won't be surprised if they get cut. Mondo seems to be getting better and better with their figures, so hopefully we will still see Casey, the Foot and Shredder. I'd totally snag them.
SilverNinja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2019, 12:08 PM   #7
Coro
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverNinja View Post
I honestly can't remember what I paid for all my Mondo turtles, but I definitely got them at discounted prices (roughly $80 - $100 each). While they certainly have their flaws, I absolutely love this set.

I seriously hope more are revealed at SDCC, but I won't be surprised if they get cut. Mondo seems to be getting better and better with their figures, so hopefully we will still see Casey, the Foot and Shredder. I'd totally snag them.

My wife collects MOTU and the He-Man and Skeletor are amazing. They definitely have QC figured out at this point IMO

Old 07-16-2019, 12:17 PM   #8
AquaParade
Banned

Is it weird that I am super tempted to get these, solely to have Turtle figures holding laser-blasters? I want to re-live the Triceraton arc from Mirage studios.

Size aside, how do you all think these compare to the Neca Mirage figures?

Edit: Wow! Raphael comes with a mask-less head and a laser-blaster? That actually makes for a pretty unique Mirage-inspired figure. I'm sold.

Last edited by AquaParade; 07-16-2019 at 12:24 PM.
AquaParade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2019, 12:26 PM   #9
Coro
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaParade View Post
Is it weird that I am super tempted to get these, solely to have Turtle figures holding laser-blasters? I want to re-live the Triceraton arc from Mirage studios.

Size aside, how do you all think these compare to the Neca Mirage figures?

Edit: Wow! Raphael comes with a mask-less head and a laser-blaster? That actually makes for a pretty unique Mirage-inspired figure. I'm sold.

The Quality is different for each turtle. Leo was released first and has the worst QC. If you can get past one of Leo's head not fitting right, and the little parts issues (sword sheaths etc) then get them. The other 3 turtles all were good. Donny was turtle #2 and ironed out about 99% of issues, then Mikey then Raph. Each one got slightly better with a large jump in quality after Leo.

Old 07-16-2019, 01:32 PM   #10
AquaParade
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coro View Post
The Quality is different for each turtle. Leo was released first and has the worst QC. If you can get past one of Leo's head not fitting right, and the little parts issues (sword sheaths etc) then get them. The other 3 turtles all were good. Donny was turtle #2 and ironed out about 99% of issues, then Mikey then Raph. Each one got slightly better with a large jump in quality after Leo.
Thanks for sharing!
AquaParade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2019, 01:46 PM   #11
Btown
Hench Mutant

I got Leo years ago but am so tempted to get Raph at that price. Leo is the only one I have currently. I'd love to have a shredder in this style....maybe one day we'll get some more continuation on this line.
Old 07-16-2019, 02:39 PM   #12
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing

I actually caved and bough Leo when he was $65, it's a manageable price for what's a non-cloth 1:6th scale figure in my opinion. So I'm a little excited now that he's shipped.
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2019, 09:08 AM   #13
SilverNinja
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coro View Post
My wife collects MOTU and the He-Man and Skeletor are amazing. They definitely have QC figured out at this point IMO
That's definitely awesome news! I was hoping that was the case because the MOTU figures have looked stunning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candy Kappa View Post
I actually caved and bough Leo when he was $65, it's a manageable price for what's a non-cloth 1:6th scale figure in my opinion. So I'm a little excited now that he's shipped.
You won't be disappointed! Yes, he was the most flawed of the four, but still a lot of fun to pose and display. Enjoy him once he arrives!
SilverNinja is offline   Reply With Quote