The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Everything Else

Notices

Old 04-09-2024, 04:15 PM   #9721
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

I knew that stuff was prob just plastic pretending to be food. lol

edit: Had two little pieces of Swiss left in the fridge so ate half of the sub. Still not enough to do much good. Their subs are acceptably okay I guess, but nothing I couldn't just make myself since the turkey was just deli meat and that's all the sandwich even tasted like.

Definitely prefer the subs from the longtime shops owned by a couple Italian families around here... last I had was fresh cut turkey (not deli) and amazing Swiss.

Last edited by IndigoErth; 04-09-2024 at 04:30 PM.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2024, 03:56 PM   #9722
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Any car guys have suggestions on making a vehicle gas cap a little easier to remove?

I mean, I appreciate that it seals well, but I often end up using two hands to try to turn the darn thing and ended up with a skinned, bleeding knuckle today. Therefore is a grind...
Old 04-14-2024, 09:08 PM   #9723
Cowabung-Gal
The Party Dudette

People have no patience anymore.

You come into a restaurant on Sunday during after-church lunch hour with a large group and you expect to be seated and served immediately? “How much longer? How much longer will it be? Are we close to being sat yet? Now? Now?”

This ain’t McDonald’s!
Old 04-15-2024, 04:53 PM   #9724
ResidentEvil7
Thug

Losing Fast Play in the Illinois Lottery. Just a minute ago, I got a free play to play a game online lottery called Pyramid Of Gold, which is where you need to match numbers on different rows on either of 2 pyramids. I was 1 number off from winning the top prize of $15,000.

What grinds my gears about this is in the past I would always win at least something, but now I'm getting nothing and it happens so often that you can predict it. I really shouldn't complain about losing a game that was for free, but I am because I like to feel good to win something out of it, even if it's just $3.

Besides playing those free Fast Play games on the online lottery site, the only other time I play is Lotto and I get in when the prize is past $6M. I always replay the same set of numbers, because I always win something back in Lotto and it doesn't cost as much to play Lotto where the prizes are much higher than Free Play.
ResidentEvil7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2024, 06:18 PM   #9725
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Brings back memories... I miss WebMillion, that old free lotto/game site, it's the only one I actually won a buck off of once. lol

Used to love Pogo, but now that I got a new PC and checked it out again, I see that they never bothered to make new versions of all the Java-based games they retired that I (and many other people) loved. Sometimes I really want to go back and play that Bingo, Keno, and Lottso again. I'll never forget you, favorite O70 ("Oh, Stephanie") Bingo ball. lol

Grind... anyone else got a Boomer who will spend long periods scrolling FB and videos on a phone, at full volume, and then finally decide to get up, putting the phone down STILL playing some loud, really obnoxious sounding video looping over and over... Today, I don't even know wtf it was, like an inside shot of a powered spinning brush being fed through a tube/pipe of some kind and the sound, prob made worse as phone audio, was horrific. Just why. Expressed annoyance, even brother-in-law, the master of loud, annoying music, commented when coming through, but all she had to say was it's where she stopped. Why not just close it? Hit the power button?? Bad thing is, preserving battery charge isn't a factor and doesn't concern her because she keeps it plugged into a cord right there at all times when home, which is most of the time. (Even though she pretty much killed the prior phone with that and the battery swelled.)

I swear, I think the best threat to Boomers is a reminder that their kids (and grand kids) know how to delete all of their apps! And most of them probably haven't a clue how to get them back.

And if not that, I can probably find an annoying (to her) video to play loudly at length right behind that recliner as payback... Don't make me break out the dental office sounds!
Old Yesterday, 05:30 AM   #9726
Antoniocafe
Thug

You know what grinds my gears, when people write/type "would of". There is no would of. It's either "would have" or "would've".
Antoniocafe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 10:14 AM   #9727
ResidentEvil7
Thug

What grinds my gears is when people type in acronyms such as LOL, HRU, LMAO and ROTFL. People use them online a lot and I don't always know what they all mean and yet the user expects you to know.

Take "LOL" for example, it could mean either "laughing out loud," "lots of love," "League Of Legends."
Old Yesterday, 02:30 PM   #9728
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

If you think that's bad, it was prob 15 years ago that I'd overheard a young teen or two verbally SAYING "BRB" to a family member in a store. It think it was around then that I realized that teens had become quite lame. lol

LOL, LMAO, and ROTFL/LMAO are all "ancient" enough now as far as Internet lingo goes that those are automatic for me. But I haven't a clue what HRU is and there's some others I sometimes have to look up again because they haven't stuck.

I think I finally got SMH remembered recently and that it's "shaking my head," not "so much hate" as something else had me once believing and causing that in many posts to not make sense. lol

All I can say is WoW! lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antoniocafe View Post
You know what grinds my gears, when people write/type "would of". There is no would of. It's either "would have" or "would've".
I assume people are just confusing it with the pronunciation of "would've."

Now "I could care less" makes me laugh inside every time. Oh so you DO care then?? Make up your mind.
Old Yesterday, 03:15 PM   #9729
ResidentEvil7
Thug

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
I haven't a clue what HRU is and there's some others I sometimes have to look up again because they haven't stuck.
[/I]
"How R U?"
Old Yesterday, 03:16 PM   #9730
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Ooohhh, ty. lol