The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Movie Discussion > Platinum Dunes TMNT Movie Discussion

Notices

Old 06-20-2018, 03:26 PM   #41
newfan
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
Maybe at least this early nothing is set in stone yet and there's still plenty of time for someone to lurk around sites like this and take some notes... Or so I wish.
Well, I suppose if they wanted to do more of the same they would just do PD3 so there's that.... but strange to announce a full reboot and keep the same people.....(who aren't popular with the franchise)

I wonder how many pages this thread will have when I get up tomorrow

Last edited by newfan; 06-20-2018 at 03:31 PM.
newfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2018, 03:31 PM   #42
Coola Yagami
Overlord

TMNT 3 Eric's Rise to Power.

Let's do this!

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2018, 03:34 PM   #43
Vicky82
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by newfan View Post
Well, I suppose if they wanted to do more of the same they would just do PD3 so there's that.... but strange to announce a full reboot and keep the same people.....(who aren't popular with the franchise)

I wonder how many pages this thread will have when I get up tomorrow
Probably about 50 pages, most of them will be pictures of Andrews plants

I'm just thinking how long it will take for TrickOrTreater to return , he hasn't been here since 2016 and all he did was bash the 2 movies and Michael Bay.

Vicky82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2018, 03:35 PM   #44
TurtleTitan97
Space Cowboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coola Yagami View Post
TMNT 3 Eric's Rise to Power.

Let's do this!

More like TMNT: Dead On Arrival

TurtleTitan97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2018, 03:37 PM   #45
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicky82 View Post
Probably about 50 pages, most of them will be pictures of Andrews plants

I'm just thinking how long it will take for TrickOrTreater to return , he hasn't been here since 2016 and all he did was bash the 2 movies and Michael Bay.
oh ya I forgot about our resident troll tickortreater you are right he should come back when more info comes ouyt
Old 06-20-2018, 03:38 PM   #46
AquaParade
Banned

Andrew Form, one of the producers, gave an interview post-OOTS. Here's one frightening quote and one promising quote -

ANDREW FORM: "We were obviously surprised at the box office results. We loved the movie. We loved making the movie. From our first Super Bowl teaser to everything we launched, we felt so good about our material, and for some reason it did not find the audience that the first movie found. And we talk about it all the time, and we tried to figure it out, but we cannot put our finger on what happened. We really can’t. It’s just one of those things where we feel like we made a really great movie; we thought at the time that our release date was great, and we added all these new characters with Bebop and Rocksteady and Baxter Stockwell had a big role in the movie and Casey Jones and for some reason when it came to opening weekend…Even before the movie came out, we were feeling great. And you wake up two days before the movie opens and you go, “Wow, I don’t know if this movie is tracking as well as it should.” Then you hope, and then Thursday night happens and your midnights come in and you’re like, “That’s not what Movie 1 did,” and then sure enough your weekend comes and it’s nowhere near what anyone thought, and it’s nowhere near Movie 1, and, before you know it, it’s over. We’re still so proud of the movie; it just didn’t find an audience. We really don’t know why."

Yikes....but, this made me feel ...a tad better:

FORM: "I think one thing we did learn is you really need to give—you can’t just add characters to a movie and expect that to be what’s fresh. It’s a sequel. You have to give the audience something that’s really new and fresh. Maybe just adding characters from the canon, that wasn’t enough"

Overall, they really don't seem to get the franchise, or what makes it special, whatsoever. Yet, as we all know, money talks. The sequel underperformed. They can't repeat the same mistakes they made last time. Whatever we get, it should be quite different.
AquaParade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2018, 03:44 PM   #47
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

There is someone new running Platinum Dunes that's now in charge. This is from that Hollywood Reporter article.
Quote:
However, both were made before the arrival of chairman Jim Gianopulos, who has made it a priority to clean up the studio’s slate and refocus its franchises. Insiders are hoping to bring a patina of quality as they relaunch the franchise.
Old 06-20-2018, 03:53 PM   #48
Leolead
Stone Warrior

Is this a reboot?
Old 06-20-2018, 03:57 PM   #49
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leolead View Post
Is this a reboot?
Possibly who knows. What I don't want is them redoing the origin again. Just do a soft reboot.
Old 06-20-2018, 04:03 PM   #50
TurtleTitan97
Space Cowboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerClaw View Post
Possibly who knows. What I don't want is them redoing the origin again. Just do a soft reboot.
You do realize the chances of that happening are very, very, very, very, very, very, VERY low, yes?

Old 06-20-2018, 04:09 PM   #51
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleTitan97 View Post
You do realize the chances of that happening are very, very, very, very, very, very, VERY low, yes?
a Soft Reboot. which they tell the origin during the opening credits.

I want something like how they did the origin of the Hulk in the opening credits of Marvel's Incredible Hulk movie.
Old 06-20-2018, 04:13 PM   #52
TurtleTitan97
Space Cowboy

I know what a soft reboot is, genius.

Old 06-20-2018, 04:14 PM   #53
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Quote:
ANDREW FORM: "We were obviously surprised at the box office results. We loved the movie. We loved making the movie. From our first Super Bowl teaser to everything we launched, we felt so good about our material, and for some reason it did not find the audience that the first movie found. And we talk about it all the time, and we tried to figure it out, but we cannot put our finger on what happened. We really can’t.
That anyone can be so blind and confused sounds absurd.

Let me make it simple: You guys disappointed with the the first. Enough that people expected more of the same and didn't bother with the second.

You know, the "once bitten" principal. It's like expecting a second date if the first one didn't really go all that well.

You'd have to pay absolutely ZERO attention to what people were saying about the first to be that confused after the second. Making money doesn't mean people thought it was fantastic... It just means people put their hope in it. By the second, the hope was gone. (Which is a shame as it did at least improve in certain aspects, if not enough of them.) The failure of the sequel says more about the first than about itself.

P.S. Feel free however to bring Steve Jablonsky back.

Last edited by IndigoErth; 06-20-2018 at 04:43 PM.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2018, 04:35 PM   #54
NinjaPug
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerClaw View Post
There is someone new running Platinum Dunes that's now in charge. This is from that Hollywood Reporter article.
He doesn't work for Platinum Dunes.
NinjaPug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2018, 04:39 PM   #55
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Platinum Dunes is a cinematic travesty on par with Justice League and Fant4stic.

They didn't just fail; they didn't just make bad CBMs... they went beyond failing and TRIUMPHED at making the most epic shitastic fvckfest that ever assaulted a disappointed fan's eyes.

They deserve to be crucified* in the media and hung out to dry, for all to scorn and mock. They deserve to have their names memorialized, along with Zach Snyder, Joss Whedon, Avi Arad, Marc Webb, and Josh Trank, and used as classic epitomes of bad examples in comic book movie adaptations and cinema.

They turned failure into an art form; a gross, disgusting art form, and completely shot their own d!cks off when they could have instead succeeded and launched successful cinematic universes to rival (but not surpass) the Marvel Cinematic Universe.

The only worse adaptations I can think of are made by Uwe Boll, and THAT guy's been running a cinematic tax scam for a couple of decades now.

I could go on, but I'll let Andrew take it from here.

* IE, metaphorically, not literally
Old 06-20-2018, 04:46 PM   #56
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Does Viacom have no other film company they can hand it to?
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2018, 05:01 PM   #57
DevilSpooky
Stone Warrior

Well as with everything I'll just wait and see, I mean, it can't be worst then Rise of the TMNT now can it? Right?

Would love to have the same guys from the previous 2 playing the Turtles though, they're where really good.
Old 06-20-2018, 05:12 PM   #58
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

As to what they can do for a 3rd movie. I think they should do the Purple Dragons as the bad guys. and have Hun being involved?

And have Bebop and Rocksteady show up.
Old 06-20-2018, 05:24 PM   #59
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing

Third time's the charm.... right?

Barf
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2018, 05:38 PM   #60
AquaParade
Banned

As much as I love Mirage, I think the obvious thing to do is adapt the first year or two of the IDW book. There's a great foundation there. It's a fresh take, but true to the characters and the time hopping is a great cinematic hook.
AquaParade is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
just.. why?, kill me now, papenbrook the troll, thedefinitionofinsanity, vote of no confidence