The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > General TMNT Discussion

Notices

Old 11-17-2018, 05:33 PM   #21
akamcfly
Thug

Wow! I'm downloading and sending it to all my contacts. I love it!
akamcfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2018, 11:56 PM   #22
Ninjinister
無問題

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Isn't it ironic that voices from 1987 are used to advertise a car from 2018, when kids these days would be more familiar with the 2012 Nick voices or maybe the Rise voices?
Those kids can't buy a car.
Old 11-18-2018, 03:35 AM   #23
Kendamu
Sewerhead

I've seen this sort of thing done before by Ford with Dragon Ball Z and Sailor Moon. They were cute and fun, but this one really grabbed my heart and made me feel like a child again. I think assembling the original voice cast had just as much to do with it as using the original Series 1 OT toys.
Kendamu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2018, 06:27 AM   #24
I Crave Pizza No More
Mad Scientist

Anyone notice how the radio display reads:

Xiaomi
April (Is My Favorite Month)
Pizza Plunge
Greatest Hits

Pretty Xiaomi refers to a company, but the other stuff is a nice little Easter Egg.
I Crave Pizza No More is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2018, 03:27 PM   #25
Venom
Space Knight

Townsend Coleman will always be my definitive, most favorite Michelangelo voice!
Old 11-21-2018, 03:56 PM   #26
Prowler
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venom View Post
Townsend Coleman will always be my definitive, most favorite Michelangelo voice!
Its definitely the most iconic Michelangelo VA and the most iconic version of him, whether we like it or not. It's kinda interesting how, despite Leonardo being the leader and the authors' favourite Turtles being Raphael and Donatello, Michelangelo turned out to be the most popular and famous of the bunch.

And tbh, 1987 Michelangelo is way more bearable than 2k3 Michelangelo. Feel free to blame Fred Wold for setting the trend of making Mikey the clown and party animal of the group, but it's not like other versions had to follow suit. I mean, Raphael was the wise guy in the FW series and in the 2k3 series he's completely different and more akin to his Mirage self.
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2018, 04:05 PM   #27
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

It is ironic that Michelangelo is depicted as the youngest if they are given a birth order since he was the first created of the four.

The '87 Michelangelo is the reason he is my favorite superhero in all of media. The main gripe I had as a kid was he was always the one captured if the plot called for a captured turtle. Sure there was his obsession with pizza even more than the others,but hey it was a gimmick he got saddled with. His athletic superiority should have also been focused on more.
Old 11-21-2018, 04:15 PM   #28
Prowler
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeandRaph87 View Post
It is ironic that Michelangelo is depicted as the youngest if they are given a birth order since he was the first created of the four.

The '87 Michelangelo is the reason he is my favorite superhero in all of media. The main gripe I had as a kid was he was always the one captured if the plot called for a captured turtle. Sure there was his obsession with pizza even more than the others,but hey it was a gimmick he got saddled with. His athletic superiority should have also been focused on more.
I noticed how, most of the times the turtles split up in two groups, Leonardo would team up with Michelangelo and Raphael with Donatello. A few times the Leonardo and Raphael team up and the Michelangelo and Donatello tema u+ happened as well, but rarely, if ever, do I remember seeing a Leo/Don and Mikey/Raph team up when they split up in two groups.
Old 11-21-2018, 06:29 PM   #29
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowler View Post
I noticed how, most of the times the turtles split up in two groups, Leonardo would team up with Michelangelo and Raphael with Donatello. A few times the Leonardo and Raphael team up and the Michelangelo and Donatello tema u+ happened as well, but rarely, if ever, do I remember seeing a Leo/Don and Mikey/Raph team up when they split up in two groups.
That was something that obviously disappointed me as Mike/Raph and Leo/Don would be better inter-team ups. I only remember Mike and Raph going to visit the Punk Frogs together in Leonardo, The Renaissance Turtle. Aside from that I don't remember them pairing off. Yet that does not really count as they were not on a case. Why don't we take this to its own thread or in the FW Group?
Old 11-21-2018, 07:49 PM   #30
Prowler
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeandRaph87 View Post
That was something that obviously disappointed me as Mike/Raph and Leo/Don would be better inter-team ups. I only remember Mike and Raph going to visit the Punk Frogs together in Leonardo, The Renaissance Turtle. Aside from that I don't remember them pairing off. Yet that does not really count as they were not on a case. Why don't we take this to its own thread or in the FW Group?
Well, I'm glad I wasn't the only one who noticed this.

Not sure if it's worth a thread tbh. I don't even know what tile to give to it, but feel free to make it yourself and I'll contribute to it as well.
Old 11-21-2018, 08:04 PM   #31
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Will do, first thing in the morning.

Also, will the voice cast contribute to upcoming The Toys That Made Us installment or will it be strictly toy designers like Mike Dooney among others?
Old 11-21-2018, 09:18 PM   #32
Sumac
Banned

Quote:
And tbh, 1987 Michelangelo is way more bearable than 2k3 Michelangelo.
Definitely.
I barely could stand 2k3 Mike and don't make me start on a 2k12 Mike. Compared to either of them, OT Mike is like a completely normal and functional guy.
Sumac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2018, 08:49 AM   #33
pferreira
Foot Elite

Quote:
And tbh, 1987 Michelangelo is way more bearable than 2k3 Michelangelo. Feel free to blame Fred Wold for setting the trend of making Mikey the clown and party animal of the group, but it's not like other versions had to follow suit.
I agree, I find 2003 series Mikey very annoying at times, mostly when he's trying to be funny.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumac View Post
Definitely.
I barely could stand 2k3 Mike and don't make me start on a 2k12 Mike. Compared to either of them, OT Mike is like a completely normal and functional guy.
Having very little knowledge of the Nick version why was Nick Mikey more annoying than 2003 Mikey?
pferreira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2018, 09:00 AM   #34
Leo656
The Franchise

Mikey always seemed to me like the one everyone wants to be like when they're a kid, then you grow up and realize how insufferable he is and want to kick his ass just to smarten him up.

He was never my favorite, but all except the 1990 movie version has worn on me greatly as I've gotten older.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2018, 02:38 AM   #35
Sumac
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by pferreira View Post
Having very little knowledge of the Nick version why was Nick Mikey more annoying than 2003 Mikey?
He was even dumber than 2k3 Mike, borderline on being mentally incapacitated.

2k3 Mike was annoying while trying to be funny, Nick Mike was annoying while doing everything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
Mikey always seemed to me like the one everyone wants to be like when they're a kid, then you grow up and realize how insufferable he is and want to kick his ass just to smarten him up.
Ditto.
Old 11-25-2018, 08:02 PM   #36
Prowler
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post

He was never my favorite, but all except the 1990 movie version has worn on me greatly as I've gotten older.
First time I ever see you use that laugh emoticon instead of the usual one

Michelangelo was my favourite Turtle when I was 5 years old, but then Raphael and Donatello became my favourites when I became a teen.
Old 11-25-2018, 08:13 PM   #37
Leo656
The Franchise

I go back and forth. Sometimes the TMNT emojis just seem to fit better.

I also usually go back and re-read my posts before submitting, moving or deleting words to make the whole thing flow together better. Likewise, sometimes a TMNT emoji just fits better than a regular one.

This stuff is a lot of work, man.

Old 11-25-2018, 10:27 PM   #38
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Location: The bowels of Hell, Texas(otherwise known as Decatur)
I dunno, I always liked Mikey best because he seemed to have more depth, especially in some of the episodes centered on him. I was always drawn to that more sensitive, philosophical aspect. Even more so once I discovered his creative side in the comics and later in 2003 TMNT, and his love of animals. Klunk, anyone? The guy has so much more to him than just the "party dude" pizza-loving goof, which is what I loved about him. The fact that he was the first just cements it for me. If I had to choose a second, it would be either Leo or Raph in the FW series, but Donnie overall.

"Where Science ends, magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

My various stories and fan-fics are now here-

https://m.fanfiction.net/u/4770494/#end
MsMarvelDuckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2018, 10:21 AM   #39
Sumac
Banned

Quote:
Michelangelo was my favourite Turtle when I was 5 years old, but then Raphael and Donatello became my favourites when I became a teen.
When I was a kid I was watching TMNT solely for the Shredder and Krang antics. But, I think I liked Mike the most, though, it was probably due to the fact that he was my favorite turtle in Manhattan Project on NES.

Only after when I had rewatched the series several years later, I've become really interested in Turtles as characters. And it was more or less tie between Raph and Don. Ultimately Don won for me.
I love geek characters who can kick ass and I loved how sometimes Don was somewhat sarcastic and sometimes he gave impression as if he had some resentment towards humans. It's an interesting aspect of his character, that, I think, wasn't brought up in other TV incarnations.

Also, I always will prefer Raph as wise-cracking guy. Rebel Raph is just insufferably boring to me. All those "rebel-type" characters are very boring to me.

Oh, and Leo was non-entity in OT for me. Aside from his solo episodes he felt really boring and was "just there". I guess, it's because, Don was occupying position of de-facto leader of them a lot of times, thank to sci-fi nature of the threats and the like.
Old 11-26-2018, 10:28 AM   #40
Leo656
The Franchise

I don't find it "boring", but I do find "Raph Type" to be a character-type that is supposed to be both a cautionary tale and a phase people grow out of.

When people in their 30s talk about how he's their favorite character because they're so much alike, well... that's not good. You're supposed to grow out of that kind of aimless "I'm mad all the time for no reason" stuff once you get a job and develop meaningful, non-school-based relationships in the real world. A lot of those people are frankly maladjusted.

To a lesser degree, it could be said of Mikey, as well; that goofy, "party all the time" stuff is acceptable in your teens and 20s, but not so much as a responsible adult. Identifying strongly with Michelangelo as an adult isn't as suspect as identifying with Raph, but it's still eyebrow-raising.

Essentially, on our journey from children into adults, we're supposed to pass through being Mikeys and Raphs, on our way to becoming Donnies and Leos. We're not supposed to get stuck in those kinds of arrested development scenarios, where we're exactly the same as adults as we were at 15. That's unhealthy.