The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Books, Comics, and Other Literature

Notices

Old 06-20-2016, 08:40 PM   #61
myconius
Abby Normal

Location: the grave marked "Unknown" right beside Arch Stanton.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeandRaph87 View Post
Yes, it was one of those easy to figure out plot points. It shows the ease in figuring out secret identities in the real world.

The 1940s have a few gems mixed in that is easily ocerlooked. I was surprised Dick did the judo move and Bruce and him did not reflect on Dick possibly killing him.
plus i think early comic writers just didn't give their characters any real common sense.

i always come back to 'Joker's 5 Way revenge with that moment the Thug wants to go back to his place to get his toothbrush.
and of corse Batman's just like - "that's a reasonable request."

and i'm reading it saying to myself 'BATMAN ARE YOU FREAKING NUTS???'

but still i like the feeling of adventure these really early stories had.
plus there was never a problem a good sock on the jaw couldn't solve!

yeah, it's pretty amazing the thoughtlessness the heroes would sometimes display towards life endangerment too!
Old 06-21-2016, 05:59 PM   #62
myconius
Abby Normal

MikeandRaph87, i figure you'd be the guy to ask this question-

was Dr. Daedalus and/or Spyral used in DC stories before Grant Morrison had them in his Batman run?
Old 06-21-2016, 07:32 PM   #63
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by myconius View Post
MikeandRaph87, i figure you'd be the guy to ask this question-

was Dr. Daedalus and/or Spyral used in DC stories before Grant Morrison had them in his Batman run?
He was a Grant Morrison creation. The uncle of Kathy Kane was all Grant Morrison. The Spyral organization as well. The closest thing I can think of is Spyral is an evil Checkmate which itself was a gray area.
Old 06-21-2016, 09:21 PM   #64
myconius
Abby Normal

Quote:
He was a Grant Morrison creation. The uncle of Kathy Kane was all Grant Morrison. The Spyral organization as well. The closest thing I can think of is Spyral is an evil Checkmate which itself was a gray area.
ah HA! thanks!!

i thought they were Grant creations but wasn't sure?
it was just interesting to see them still used long after Grant left.
the character and organization weren't handled quite as well when Morrison was writing them of course. but still was interesting to see the nod.
Old 06-24-2016, 07:15 PM   #65
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

I will always prefer Batman teaming with my other two favorites, Ninja Turtles or Spider-Man,but the best crossover story is a 1940s' retro style tale with Captain America, Robin, Bucky, Joker, and the Red Skull in a twist and turns tale with devastating consequences.
http://majorspoilers.com/2011/10/23/...december-1996/
Old 06-25-2016, 09:12 AM   #66
myconius
Abby Normal

Quote:
I will always prefer Batman teaming with my other two favorites, Ninja Turtles or Spider-Man,but the best crossover story is a 1940s' retro style tale with Captain America, Robin, Bucky, Joker, and the Red Skull in a twist and turns tale with devastating consequences.
http://majorspoilers.com/2011/10/23/...december-1996/
i used to have that Batman/Captain America cross-over. not sure if i still have it though?
i finally got my hands on the Batman/Spiderman cross-over at a convention for $10. it was more than i wanted to spend, but you just don't see them around all too often.
someone wanted $20 for it!!! that's just NUTS!!!
Old 06-25-2016, 09:45 AM   #67
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by myconius View Post
i used to have that Batman/Captain America cross-over. not sure if i still have it though?
i finally got my hands on the Batman/Spiderman cross-over at a convention for $10. it was more than i wanted to spend, but you just don't see them around all too often.
someone wanted $20 for it!!! that's just NUTS!!!
I have both Spider-Man crossovers and the Captain America one also the three issues of DC vs Marvel. I paid no more than $6 for any of them. So there is no price issue, but agreed on rarity. While I had to do some searching for the two Spider-Man issues the Captain America was on the shelf in the back along with the Punisher crossover among the newest issues on the stands at my LCS. That was a little over a year ago. That being said,if you want those go to Ebay, but pay only single digit price with combined shipping factored in. I have the Hulk crossover and the Titans crossover with the X-Men. That was a great era of comics.Too bad the JLA/ Avengers crossover could not be worked out before COIE,but the era shifting in the four parter made up for it.
Old 06-25-2016, 10:49 AM   #68
myconius
Abby Normal

Quote:
I have both Spider-Man crossovers and the Captain America one also the three issues of DC vs Marvel. I paid no more than $6 for any of them. So there is no price issue, but agreed on rarity. While I had to do some searching for the two Spider-Man issues the Captain America was on the shelf in the back along with the Punisher crossover among the newest issues on the stands at my LCS. That was a little over a year ago. That being said,if you want those go to Ebay, but pay only single digit price with combined shipping factored in. I have the Hulk crossover and the Titans crossover with the X-Men. That was a great era of comics.Too bad the JLA/ Avengers crossover could not be worked out before COIE,but the era shifting in the four parter made up for it.
this is the Spiderman/Batman i picked up.

i've had it for half a year and haven't even read it yet.
i did find my Batman/Punisher with art by J.R. Jr. that was actually pretty entertaining.
the Batman/Darkness cross-over looked really cool, but the story really isn't all that memorable.

my favorite was the very first Batman Judge Dredd crossover!!!

THAT's by far my favorite!!!

Spoiler:

just look at that Bisley art!!!!
Old 06-25-2016, 11:28 AM   #69
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

That is the second one, it features Ra's al Ghul and The Knigpin. Of course there is an uneasy alliance the Bat and the Spider must poke holes in. The first one featured The Joker and Carnage receiving state of the art psych treatment which of course will not work.

I know absolutely nothing about Judge Dredd except Sylvester Stallone played him in a film. Not knowing a thing about a character hurts the appreciation of a crossover.
Old 06-25-2016, 12:24 PM   #70
myconius
Abby Normal

Quote:
That is the second one, it features Ra's al Ghul and The Knigpin. Of course there is an uneasy alliance the Bat and the Spider must poke holes in. The first one featured The Joker and Carnage receiving state of the art psych treatment which of course will not work.

I know absolutely nothing about Judge Dredd except Sylvester Stallone played him in a film. Not knowing a thing about a character hurts the appreciation of a crossover.
that 'Judgement on Gotham' cross-over was actually my very first introduction to the Judge Dredd universe.
i knew absolutely nothing of it before.

a few years ago i started reading the Judge Dredd complete casefiles, but after about 6 or 7 volumes in, i had lost interest and sold off the collected books.

Tags
batman, dc comics