The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Video Games

Notices

Old 04-12-2017, 10:46 PM   #10021
sdp
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
So because you didn't buy all the games Nintendo released for Wii-U, it's a terrible experience? Nintendo released about 10-15 good games for the Wii-U, same as any past Nintendo console depending on your tastes.
The context of the post means during the launch/when it first started. We didn't a VC until later on, it basically got a price drop just a few months in, Nintendo stayed quiet, etc. I've already posted about this on this thread to do it again but yeah it was a bad experience, having a few great games doesn't make up for it. It's more about how Nintendo has handled the situation since the later Wii years to now and how they handle it that makes the experiences frustrating. Do you even remember how slow the OS in the system was?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cure View Post
Youtube and Netflix is seriously your metric for "a machine ready to hit the mass market"? **** that's probably on like 5 devices or more in your house? Come on, man.
For that very exact reason it's a metric. What new electronic device launches without them? Especially a media device that hooks up to your PC and can be used as a tablet, not to mention the Wii was the #1 device that connected to Netflix for many years.

And that was an example of many things that show that they launched it before it's really ready, just look at the OS and how bare bones it is. You don't think it'll have a much needed a big OS update before the holiday season?

The rushed decisions on some of the hardware problems like scratching/bending etc. Now I doubt they're as big of a problem as its getting press time after all, the blogs need to get their daily post count but still it's more than an isolated incident.

It literally has less things than what the Wii U had at launch, hell even exclusive games as BOTW is a Wii U port. I'm glad it's apparently going to sell well and I hope they fix these problems soon but they seem to not have learned anything from the Wii U or 3DS launch. I really like the idea of the switch but it doesn't seem like it.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2017, 11:05 PM   #10022
Cure
Y'all need Jesus

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post
What new electronic device launches without them?
The Nintendo Switch.
Old 04-13-2017, 11:47 AM   #10023
Prowler
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post
I'm a Nintendo fanboy, no doubt about it. As horrible as the Wii U looked I still got it at launch and as much as I criticized the Switch I almost bought it on 3 different occasions. I love the company and they really gotta do the bare minimum to have me on board but they've really dropped the ball and even I learn.

I can tell you my terrible experiences with the Wii U, I do feel burned about it and if I'd waited on getting it I would've had a much better deal/experience which is why I'm waiting. But come on it's obvious this machine was not ready to hit the mass market and they sold it so the die hards could get it early and then have enough units for the mass audience. That's why I asked the questions above, my Wii U at least had Youtube and Netflix at launch, it also randomly crashes from time to time but very seldom so it's not a huge issue. Early adopters are always beta testers though, that's nothing new and most of us know that.
The biggest problem with the Wii U was that Nintendo insisted on the Wii concept and name despite people putting their Wiis aside as dust collectors after like a year or two.

As for lack of Virtual Console... well the Wii U has one as does the 3DS, so no need to rush one for Switch. I think most people can wait until later this year.
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2017, 01:23 PM   #10024
The Deadman
Foot Elite

If the lack of Netflix or YouTube on the Switch is part of why you're not getting it right away, you're getting it for the wrong reasons.

Last Movie Watched: Leprechaun Origins (2014).
Last TV Show Watched: Adventures of Sonic The Hedgehog (S1:E11).
The Deadman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2017, 03:31 PM   #10025
CyberCubed
Overlord

I don't think I've ever watched shows on any of my gaming consoles. I also barely ever use the internet browser or whatever other app nonsense.

I use my consoles to play games only. I also have a blu-ray player so I don't have to play blu-rays in my PS3/PS4 even though I could.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2017, 09:54 PM   #10026
sdp
-

I am not, I already explained it.
Old 04-15-2017, 07:30 AM   #10027
LeotheLateBloomer
Foot Elite

I just bought a Switch at a Walmart. You're probably better off finding one at a store as opposed to someplace like GameStop. There were only two left and I just decide to get that with Zelda and Bomberman.

Zelda's really fun and it's weird because I'm spending more time exploring my surroundings than making some actual progress.

Bomberman's a blast to play! It's a nice side game in case you want a break from Zelda and want to play something else.

And I already pre-ordered Mario Kart 8.
LeotheLateBloomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2017, 03:08 PM   #10028
Tyma
Random Punk

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Yeah, the only thing the Switch is bizarrely lacking so far is a Virtual Console. If they don't announce it at E3, I'm betting it won't launch till holiday time this year.
After the NES Classic got so much mainstream attention, and added so much value and interest to their back-catalogue of games, I'm hoping Nintendo go all-out with the Virtual Console this time.
Tyma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2017, 06:09 PM   #10029
Ninjinister
無問題

Found a Swiiiiiiiiitch! Just Samurai Shodown IV and Wonder Boy so far for it. They didn't have any games in stock at the store.

Wonder Boy is TIGHT. I loved it back on the Master System and this is everything I could have wanted in a remake.
Old 04-22-2017, 08:09 PM   #10030
Powder
So tired of this place

Wonderboy looks super cool. It'll be ages before I get a Switch, so I might grab the Steam version when it drops in June.

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2017, 11:20 PM   #10031
Turo602
The King of Kings

I've never heard of Wonderboy but it looks pretty cool. Definitely gonna add it to my Switch collection.
Old 04-27-2017, 11:19 AM   #10032
The Deadman
Foot Elite

Switch sells 2.74 million units in under a month

Looks like Nintendo has a hit on their hands.

Last Movie Watched: Leprechaun Origins (2014).
Last TV Show Watched: Adventures of Sonic The Hedgehog (S1:E11).
The Deadman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2017, 12:30 PM   #10033
Netkeeper
tactical blackquill

I didn't know that many even made it to stores.
Old 04-27-2017, 01:58 PM   #10034
Cure
Y'all need Jesus

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Deadman View Post
Switch sells 2.74 million units in under a month

Looks like Nintendo has a hit on their hands.
It's certainly better than the Wii U launch, so good news.
Old 04-27-2017, 08:50 PM   #10035
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Nintendo Announces The New 2DS XL
http://kotaku.com/nintendo-announces...l+%28Kotaku%29

Old 04-27-2017, 08:55 PM   #10036
Cure
Y'all need Jesus

I might get that because my New 3DS XL is acting wonky.
Old 05-04-2017, 07:25 PM   #10037
sdp
-

It looks so sleek, the best looking 3DS Family model and best DS since the DSlite; Reminds me a lot of the original GBA design. I really want one but there's two things holding me back:

1-I'm going to wait until E3 to see how serious Nintendo is with keeping the 3DS alive or if they'll just GB Micro their "third pillar" strategy.

2- I'm one of the few but I loved playing games in 3D, I always wanted a New 3DS for the improved 3D but found it difficult to justify the price for basically the same system I already had and had already upgraded (3ds to XL). So the New 2DS doesn't have many benefits anymore, besides the slighy specs increase that only helps a few games. I would hope we get a New 3DS that has the micro SD slot like the new 2ds and maybe some better colors for the new 3DS...
Old 05-06-2017, 03:07 PM   #10038
Netkeeper
tactical blackquill

I really like it, even if it is unnecessary and confusing. I wanted a new 3ds but I don't need 3d and that price even used is still too steep. It prolly won't be long before these are knocked down to 100 or so and I'll grab one then.
Old 05-08-2017, 04:26 PM   #10039
Cure
Y'all need Jesus

I hope E3 is nuts for Nintendo this year.
Old 05-28-2017, 01:10 PM   #10040
sdp
-

It's nice to see Nintendo doing so well again though it sucks that they're doing the minimum and barely addressing the issues they've had for years with the new system so I doubt they'll learn anything from the Wii U failure.

Any predictions for E3? I'm expecting a rather boring Nintendo conference, it'll be cool but no earth shattering announcements, basically the best scenario I can hope for is that all the rumors for the Switch announcement will finally be announced and shown they were real. But there's no way they'll be announcing big stuff when they have Mario Odyssey and they don't want to take the spotlight out of their big holiday title.

The surprises will include Rabbids + Mario, and other smaller stuff that we don't know about, what we can hope for is maybe the rumored Smash Switch port and Pokemon Stars. I'm guessing there'll be a big title for the 3DS line for the holidays and of course Animal Crossing mobile,

Sadly we won't get much news about the online, VC, apps and other issues that people have with the switch. They've never really used E3 for those in recent years, they'll leave those for a direct down the line.