The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 04-30-2024, 07:05 PM   #1
oldmanwinters
Overlord

Well said, Powder!

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!
oldmanwinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2024, 11:15 PM   #2
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Saw it. I expected to hate it like the last couple but it wasn't that bad. They reduced all of the silly, wacky and unbelievable human subplots into pretty much just one plot line which worked well enough. The best parts of the movie are when it's just Kong walking around and figuring out stuff.

I imagine Millie Bobby Brown passed on this movie. Oh well. Though having someone around who can sort of talk to Godzilla actually would've come in handy in the third act.
Andrew NDB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 10:29 AM   #3
CyberCubed
Overlord

I watched this about a week ago on the illegal streaming websites since it was up in HD, and I really liked the movie. But funnily enough it felt more like a Planet of the Apes movie than a King Kong or Godzilla movie. Once Kong was with those other apes in Hollow Earth, I felt like I was watching a completely different film franchise. It was basically just Planet of the Apes at that point.

Godzilla was cool and I don't mind that it took a backseat in this movie. From what I remember I didn't like the previous movie much, so this was an improvement.

Also how many people died in Brazil at the end of the movie? They were crashing through all those buildings at that point and it's obvious not all the people evacuated. These giant monster movies never go into detail the catastrophic death toll that has to take place in all these cities. I mean it's crazy, if something like this happened in real life the entire world would be devastated. But the movie just goes on like it's just some destroyed buildings or something.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 02:44 PM   #4
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Or Godzilla ripping through those bridges and you see all the little cars flying around. This is the first time I think we've seen Godzilla knowingly massacring people.

I wonder what they'll do next? We've kind of "seen it all" at this point.
Old Yesterday, 03:02 PM   #5
Cowabung-Gal
The Party Dudette

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
Or Godzilla ripping through those bridges and you see all the little cars flying around. This is the first time I think we've seen Godzilla knowingly massacring people.
Do you “knowingly massacre” bugs every time you walk on grass?
Old Yesterday, 03:46 PM   #6
neatoman
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
I wonder what they'll do next? We've kind of "seen it all" at this point.
Would you even want another one?
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 07:39 PM   #7
IMJ
Emperor

I love this monster-universe. It's a series of fun movies with great FX and they dabble into story juuusssst enough that it's smarter than you would have thought going into it. But even with "less plot" they have endless movie potential. Once you establish Godzilla as "the good guy" all you need is a new monster for him to stop.

I think the biggest weakness from these has been the rotating cast of human characters across each flick. If I was Aaron Taylor Johnson I'd have clawed to the franchise as best I could.

Last edited by IMJ; Yesterday at 07:46 PM.
IMJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 11:07 PM   #8
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by IMJ View Post
I think the biggest weakness from these has been the rotating cast of human characters across each flick.
I think they always manage to keep the actors and actresses who actually still want to keep doing these. And now I doubt Taylor Johnson would even do one if they offered him a bunch of money. Though it'd sure be neat to somehow include him in the Monarch series.

Quote:
Originally Posted by neatoman View Post
Would you even want another one?
Not really. I'd be happy with more "smaller" stories told from the Monarch TV show. Though with The New Empire kind of giving Kong a fairly happy ending if it ends up being one, maybe it's Godzilla's turn now? Son of Godzilla and all that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowabung-Gal View Post
Do you “knowingly massacre” bugs every time you walk on grass?
But in the earlier movies he would take steps to actively avoid it, like by the bridge in 2014 and so on. Sure, there's stuff like him getting knocked into buildings probably full of people, but he can't do anything about that. In THIS movie he obviously sees the people driving on the bridge and just plows through them.