The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Toy/Collectible Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-27-2020, 07:14 AM   #1581
Chris
Mad Scientist
 
Chris's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: UK
Posts: 1,588
Quote:
Originally Posted by Otter View Post
Splinter
Casey
Zog
Complete Carnage
Radical
Leatherhead... but oversized, like Mumm-Ra
Well I'm thinking these would be Mirage characters done in Vintage style rather than comic accurate so Splinter, Casey and Leatherhead already had vintage style figures but nice shout on Radical, Complete Carnage and Zog
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2020, 07:55 AM   #1582
Otter
Hench Mutant
 
Otter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Australia
Posts: 314
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
Well I'm thinking these would be Mirage characters done in Vintage style rather than comic accurate so Splinter, Casey and Leatherhead already had vintage style figures but nice shout on Radical, Complete Carnage and Zog
Oh yeah... I forgot what thread I was in. I saw "Mirage" and thought "NECA" (despite reference to Super7's Mumm-Ra).
Otter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2020, 09:44 AM   #1583
mikey0
Mad Scientist
 
mikey0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 2,337
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
Well I'm thinking these would be Mirage characters done in Vintage style rather than comic accurate so Splinter, Casey and Leatherhead already had vintage style figures but nice shout on Radical, Complete Carnage and Zog
Right. I want to see the Archie, IDW, Image, and Mirage characters done in vintage Playmates style. There should be a lot of detail, wacky weapons, and interesting facial expressions with lots of different colors you do not see on most action figures.
mikey0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2020, 11:57 AM   #1584
Chris
Mad Scientist
 
Chris's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: UK
Posts: 1,588
Quote:
Originally Posted by Otter View Post
Oh yeah... I forgot what thread I was in. I saw "Mirage" and thought "NECA" (despite reference to Super7's Mumm-Ra).
No worries

My Mirage list for NECA is a lot longer
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2020, 03:12 PM   #1585
j3h
Thug
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Posts: 93
Guesses for the Super7 nycc/stay-at-home- con2 exclusive?

I’m guessing either a mouser pack or a Raph variant (all black or glow in the dark (because Super7)
j3h is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2020, 04:00 PM   #1586
mikey0
Mad Scientist
 
mikey0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 2,337
Quote:
Originally Posted by j3h View Post
Guesses for the Super7 nycc/stay-at-home- con2 exclusive?

I’m guessing either a mouser pack or a Raph variant (all black or glow in the dark (because Super7)
Clear red or clear green Raph, because like you said, it’s Super7.
mikey0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2020, 06:08 PM   #1587
frank_one
Stone Warrior
 
frank_one's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Southern Europe
Posts: 982
Probably a mousers or foot soldiers pack and a repainted figure. Battle damaged foot soldiers maybe? I would appreciate a set of new alternate heads for some of the figures already released. An unmasked turtle head? Splinter with an angry face? A soldier with the robotic head exposed? I would love something like that. Something funny and period accurate? A turtle with a covid mask on the face.
frank_one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2020, 06:12 PM   #1588
Chris
Mad Scientist
 
Chris's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: UK
Posts: 1,588
Never gonna happen but given the timing a Last Ronin figure in vintage/Ultimates style would be great.

Realistically probably a wave 1 or 2 variant. Maybe Shredder with a shirt on?
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2020, 06:34 PM   #1589
mikey0
Mad Scientist
 
mikey0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 2,337
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
Never gonna happen but given the timing a Last Ronin figure in vintage/Ultimates style would be great.

Realistically probably a wave 1 or 2 variant. Maybe Shredder with a shirt on?
A purple shirt or grey shirt?
mikey0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2020, 08:27 PM   #1590
Otter
Hench Mutant
 
Otter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Australia
Posts: 314
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
Never gonna happen but given the timing a Last Ronin figure in vintage/Ultimates style would be great.
My comics guy told me the book's been delayed as they go back to the drawing board (literally) with a new artist.

I should look that up.
Otter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2020, 02:07 AM   #1591
Chris
Mad Scientist
 
Chris's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: UK
Posts: 1,588
Yeah, it was supposed to come out in August but got delayed to October with the artist switch.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2020, 06:26 AM   #1592
theassassin
Foot Soldier
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 166
A Shredder repaint using toon colors would be my pick for an exclusive
theassassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2020, 07:44 AM   #1593
Silviodguerra
Random Punk
 
Silviodguerra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: Brasil
Posts: 23
I would love shredder with his shirt
Silviodguerra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2020, 08:33 AM   #1594
mikey see
Hench Mutant
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 399
Has an exclusive been confirmed? I know we got one for SDCC but that's always been a bigger deal than NYCC.

If we ARE getting one I'd be down for a Shredder with a shirt. The GID Baxter is great but I'm not sure I'd buy another variant like that.
mikey see is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2020, 09:34 AM   #1595
j3h
Thug
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Posts: 93
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikey see View Post
Has an exclusive been confirmed? I know we got one for SDCC but that's always been a bigger deal than NYCC.

If we ARE getting one I'd be down for a Shredder with a shirt. The GID Baxter is great but I'm not sure I'd buy another variant like that.
Super7 announced they will have exclusives for the NYCC stay at home con, but have not specifically said turtles or ultimates. It’s all speculation from there on our part, and good fun conversation.
j3h is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2020, 09:59 AM   #1596
mikey see
Hench Mutant
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 399
Quote:
Originally Posted by j3h View Post
Super7 announced they will have exclusives for the NYCC stay at home con, but have not specifically said turtles or ultimates. It’s all speculation from there on our part, and good fun conversation.
Awesome. I haven't had a chance to watch any of the videos that have come out in the last few days so I'm way behind. I think a TMNT Ultimates exclusive is probably a safe bet, at least if the SDCC one sold well.
mikey see is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2020, 12:54 PM   #1597
mikey0
Mad Scientist
 
mikey0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 2,337
How are we so sure that S7 will release an exclusive repaint of a wave 2 figure before wave 2 is out?
mikey0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2020, 01:22 PM   #1598
mikey see
Hench Mutant
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 399
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikey0 View Post
How are we so sure that S7 will release an exclusive repaint of a wave 2 figure before wave 2 is out?
Isn't that what they did with the SDCC exclusive? I feel like I remember us getting our first taste of the line with the GID Baxter.
mikey see is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2020, 01:50 PM   #1599
Chris
Mad Scientist
 
Chris's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: UK
Posts: 1,588
Yeah it's the same as they did with wave one.

They might not do one but it's fun to speculate.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2020, 02:40 PM   #1600
AquaParade
Big Boss
 
AquaParade's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 5,964
Someone really should get on a Last Ronin figure immediately. Whoever gets there first will have struck oil.
Unless it's Playmates.
AquaParade is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 09:05 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.