The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 06-18-2005, 04:46 PM   #41
Anarky
Outlaw Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZariusTwo
I think Omega will merge with someone, providing it with a body and giving it's occupant unlimited access to his memories and experiances

S.P.D, as it's progressed, is good, but it's not a favourate, most of the plots are ripped straight from Dekaranger
I heard numerous people complaining about the Deka-ripping, but since I don't watch Deka, I can't complain.

But it still doesn't want to go into my head, that an Energy ball that came through a gateway to the past is actually from the future. I could imagine this ball to be a battlizer of some sorts, since the episode was very swordfight centered. But not Omega.
Anarky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2005, 06:29 PM   #42
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anarky
I heard numerous people complaining about the Deka-ripping, but since I don't watch Deka, I can't complain.
Hence why it's great that you like it, because to you, its' absolutley original and seems tighter, I saw a great deal of Dekaranger, and beleive me, most of the props I give S.P.D is that its' an improvment on that Sentai season
ZariusTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2005, 11:33 PM   #43
Barkworm
Super Moderator

While I don't like the Power Rangers, I'd really like to see some of the newer Sentai episodes. Does anyone know where to gt subbed versions of them?
Barkworm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2005, 12:34 AM   #44
GK Punk
I'm your Devil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkworm
While I don't like the Power Rangers, I'd really like to see some of the newer Sentai episodes. Does anyone know where to gt subbed versions of them?
I believe TV Nihon is Subbing them and distrbuting them via BitTorrent, actually. (atleast last I checked they were)
GK Punk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2005, 12:35 AM   #45
Barkworm
Super Moderator

Thank you!
Barkworm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2005, 04:40 PM   #46
GK Punk
I'm your Devil

Power Rangers questions..?

Ok, here's an odd question.

Me and my girlfriend were watching Power Rangers Dino Thunder a minute ago (We both Mark for Tommy) and we were trying to figure out something... Does anyone know how much Japanese footage was used in the US version of the show?
GK Punk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2005, 04:54 PM   #47
XERO
Hybrid Theorist

Well, I remember one episode of Dino Thunder where the Power Rangers were watching a Japanese Power Ranger show based off of them on TV...

So, I'm guessing a lot.

"Travel at the speed of light... then hit the nitro!"
XERO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2005, 06:16 PM   #48
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alison Chains
Ok, here's an odd question.

Me and my girlfriend were watching Power Rangers Dino Thunder a minute ago (We both Mark for Tommy) and we were trying to figure out something... Does anyone know how much Japanese footage was used in the US version of the show?
A large amount of the first season used a lot of Sentai footage, even Rita herself was directly taken from Zyuranger until an american actress took over in season two, they would later just use japanease footage for the zord battles in seasons two and three and most of the Ranger action footage was american, they began balancing the footage also, sometimes there will be cases where the Ranger battles will be from Sentai, but sometimes there will be completly new footage shot in New Zealand.
Old 08-06-2005, 07:37 PM   #49
Brodie
Certified Teacher

I'm really digging SPD, specifically the Omega Ranger. Though I didn't dig how he's a glowing ball of energy.

His would be the only toy Id buy.
Old 08-06-2005, 08:10 PM   #50
ZariusTwo
Overlord

He was only made a ball of light because they could'nt find an actor. Go figure. Then Kalish had to overdo it and make him SAM from the future.

S.P.D does provide a great deal of good concepts, and it's acting cast is superb. Its' sad however, that Bruce Kalish is producing it, and seems to enjoy pthrowing in more plots from Dekaranger than any original storylines, for the most part, hes' the main problem
Old 08-06-2005, 08:26 PM   #51
Anarky
Outlaw Hero

Well, I think Bruce was a great addition/replacement to the producing team. I mean, before the episodes were riddled with plotholes such as the rangers suddenly appearing in a place when they were somewhere else a second before. In SPD you get to see them move out to a mission.
Old 08-06-2005, 08:53 PM   #52
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anarky
Well, I think Bruce was a great addition/replacement to the producing team. I mean, before the episodes were riddled with plotholes such as the rangers suddenly appearing in a place when they were somewhere else a second before. In SPD you get to see them move out to a mission.
...Power Rangers has always had plot holes, (horses on the moon spring to mind) but there easy to explain, there Power Rangers. They can either move quickly, or teleport, you're not supposed to care about the minor details. Its' a well written toy commercial.

Bruces' llack of watching other seasons comes back to haunt him, the S.P.D/Dinothunder crossover that leaked in Canada stands as his worst episode to date.

Spoiler:
The concept is excellent (setting it in the past, before "Thunder Struck"), but some of the conclusion is baffling and goes unexplained. The only other prop I give it is that Grumms' unseen master is referenced...

As it stands, there hav'nt been a great deal of seasons that have earned the title "absolutley overated", but S.P.D falls under the catergory quite distinctly. It got more and more mediocre as it progressed, if you're not an avid fan of Sentai, I suppose you could watch S.P.D diligently. I'm a fan of both, I hate what Sentai has since become, and I hate what P.R is doing to stifile its' own identity. It used to work around the footage, only adapting the storylines here and there. Not consistently with a few flashes of originality.

Its' not a mystery that P.R became extremly dark by the time Wild Force wrapped up, but examples set by Dinothunder, despite its' faults, IS what Power Rangers should be. Fun, and should'nt aspire to be anything else. N.S and D.T reminded me of why I watched MMPR in the first place, and there two of my favorate seasons as a result, D.T right at the top of the list previously held by Lost Galaxy, which also managed to balance itself between light and dark, fun, and serious.

All in all, it's quite an interesting contrast to Dinothunder, which everyone ALSO drooled over, the same will happen when Mystic Force arrives on the scene, and people start kicking S.P.D to the curb thinking THIS one is better. Bandwagon approach. Never fails to amuse me.

Last edited by ZariusTwo; 08-06-2005 at 09:07 PM.
Old 08-07-2005, 10:35 AM   #53
Brodie
Certified Teacher

More importantly: When can I buy my Omega Ranger toy. Cause that commercial from Saturday was great. Atleast the voice of the Omega Ranger was cool.
Old 08-18-2005, 05:38 PM   #54
Brodie
Certified Teacher

I snagged the Omega Ranger toy, and I'll admit, this is the first Power Ranger toy I bought since the metallic Power rangers from the first movie.

I'll also admit, I'm pleased. Good articulation, and even though there's lights and stuff, it isn't bulky. Toys of the passed had enormous waists and chests, and the neck/head didn't move. This ranger's head moves, and still looks cool.

My only gripe? The weapons. I mean, yeah he has the wrist thing, thats cool, but his sword/gun sucks. So I snagged the handguns from my Clone Commander toy from the Clone Wars cartoon series, and gave them to the Omega ranger. Now he's amazingly bad-ass.
Old 08-21-2005, 12:08 PM   #55
IceFlash78
Hench Mutant

Dekaranger? I had heard that Power Rangers was a "borrowed" version of the Japanese version. However, many of you guys seem like you've seen Dekaranger, while i've never seen it shown on my tv. What time and channel is it on? I'd like to check out the Japanese counterpart to power rangers.
IceFlash78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2005, 01:04 PM   #56
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceFlash78
Dekaranger? I had heard that Power Rangers was a "borrowed" version of the Japanese version. However, many of you guys seem like you've seen Dekaranger, while i've never seen it shown on my tv. What time and channel is it on? I'd like to check out the Japanese counterpart to power rangers.
We download Dekaranger dude...
Old 09-05-2005, 05:47 AM   #57
Dan
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZariusTwo
Its' not a mystery that P.R became extremly dark by the time Wild Force wrapped up, but examples set by Dinothunder, despite its' faults, IS what Power Rangers should be. Fun, and should'nt aspire to be anything else. N.S and D.T reminded me of why I watched MMPR in the first place, and there two of my favorate seasons as a result, D.T right at the top of the list previously held by Lost Galaxy, which also managed to balance itself between light and dark, fun, and serious.
That is completely your opinion of what Power Rangers "should be" I don't like the attitude of that it shouldn't aspire to be anything else you should always try to make something better and being dark and serious doesn't make something "not fun"
Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2005, 10:29 AM   #58
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan
That is completely your opinion of what Power Rangers "should be" I don't like the attitude of that i"
Smallest violin

Heres' the leaked prototype theme of Power Rangers Mystic Force, supplied by Ron Wasserman himself (Wasserman is better known as "The Mighty RAW", the guy who supplied the earlier seasons with thier fight music right up until early In Space)

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=X60F3AJA

http://hurrrita.ytmnd.com/
Old 09-23-2005, 10:45 AM   #59
Anarky
Outlaw Hero

Uhm... weird. To say the least. It doesn't sound like anything the previous seasons have used. I don't really know whether to like it or not, because with me, an intro is always picture and music. But as for the music: Not my cup of tea.
Old 09-23-2005, 10:50 AM   #60
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Disney want a hip hop soundtrack for the series next season, so its' natural it sounds that way

Some fans have tried new edited veariants of the theme, this one is probably the highlight

http://s56.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=...4Q032TNXPTZOL28

Tags
power rangers