The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Everything Else

Notices

Old 09-19-2015, 08:40 AM   #1421
turtlefanforever
Foot Elite

cant wait!

Historic night of fights tonight! First high level DYNAMITE fight cars in US History.

One night 4 man LHW tournament. Phil Davis, Emanuel Newton, King Mo, and Linton Vassell

Glory kickboxing. The premier kickboxing org in the world. Including a title fight at LHW

Tito Ortiz makes one last run at a world title when he faces the First and only British world champion in MMA Liam McGeary.
turtlefanforever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2015, 08:48 PM   #1422
shuriken
Second City Shinobi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingnut View Post
Anyone (shuriken ) catch that Leo Santa Cruz vs. Abner Mares fight on PBC?
YESSS It was fantastic, along with the that Cruiserweight fight that happened a few months back. Santa Cruz is one of my faves right now at Featherweight and I expect good things from him. Mares looked confused and didn't know how to tackle the volume punching and Cruz's jab. Anyway, super stoked about November in terms of boxing Matches. We got GGG vs LeMueix (spelling?) Bradley vs Rios, and Canelo vs Cotto.

Yeah saw a bit of the Rams game earlier, as well as the Bears choke. And Berto had no bussines being in the ring with Mayweather, so I didn't even watch it. I knew he'd lose. Kinda glad he'll retire, that way it gives either Special K Kell Brooks or One Time Thurman a chance to unify all the titles. (Not saying it'll happen with all the politicing BS, but I can dream)
Old 09-22-2015, 11:16 AM   #1423
turtlefanforever
Foot Elite

Boxing is gonna take a big hit

With Mayweather gone and Wlad likely on his way out, need someone new to arise.

I think Amir Khan can take mayweathers place though. If he gets that pacman fight and wins. Obviously he can't come close to mayweather but a nice 2b option.

Football season has been great so far. Wish there was more football and fight fans here.
Old 09-22-2015, 11:22 AM   #1424
Redeemer
Technodrome Technician

Quote:
Originally Posted by turtlefanforever View Post

I think Amir Khan can take mayweathers place though. If he gets that pacman fight and wins. Obviously he can't come close to mayweather but a nice 2b option.

Football season has been great so far. Wish there was more football and fight fans here.
Love football!! trust me there are plenty of fans here
Redeemer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2015, 09:21 PM   #1425
shuriken
Second City Shinobi

Quote:

I disagree wholeheartedly. Khan is good, but his chin leaves tons of questions. Most fans only saw Mayweather fights to see him lose (there was no way he'd lose to Berto which is why only 440k people bought the PPV) and his best PPV numbers were against already established guys like Pacqioau, De La Hoya, Cotto and Canelo Alvarez with much more fan friendly styles.
Heavyweight Champ Deontay Wilder is an entertaining figure that may potentially dethrone Klitscho. PBC is definitely helping to reach a much wider audience. IMO Alvarez, Thurman, Santa Cruz, and Chocolatito Gonzalez are the future, and the future looks pretty damn bright.
Old 09-24-2015, 11:11 AM   #1426
turtlefanforever
Foot Elite

nah

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuriken View Post
I disagree wholeheartedly. Khan is good, but his chin leaves tons of questions. Most fans only saw Mayweather fights to see him lose (there was no way he'd lose to Berto which is why only 440k people bought the PPV) and his best PPV numbers were against already established guys like Pacqioau, De La Hoya, Cotto and Canelo Alvarez with much more fan friendly styles.
Heavyweight Champ Deontay Wilder is an entertaining figure that may potentially dethrone Klitscho. PBC is definitely helping to reach a much wider audience. IMO Alvarez, Thurman, Santa Cruz, and Chocolatito Gonzalez are the future, and the future looks pretty damn bright.
He's shored up his defense 10 fold. Khan is the guy who needs to step up. Roach got a lot of fighters KO'd that year. a 2 year span really. Khan is with the right people now. Wilders fight this Saturday should be good though. No way he dethrones Wlad but i could see him beating Tyson Fury. Wlad will likely beat both then retire though.
Old 09-27-2015, 04:56 PM   #1427
shuriken
Second City Shinobi

Quote:
He's shored up his defense 10 fold. Khan is the guy who needs to step up. Roach got a lot of fighters KO'd that year. a 2 year span really. Khan is with the right people now. Wilders fight this Saturday should be good though. No way he dethrones Wlad but i could see him beating Tyson Fury. Wlad will likely beat both then retire though.
Well, let's be honest here. Kahn has a lot of pluses. He's fast, he's strong and has heart (that Maidana fight was great), but there's a reason he hasn't facd any heavy hitters recently. His strategy against Collazo was clinch if he gets into punching range. Now don't get me wrong I like Kahn, but there are so many other welters I like more than him right now . Namely Kell, Bradley,Porter, Thurman and Maidana (but Maidana is currently a walking around as a cruiserweight so even he's iffy). Truth be told I'd love to see any of these guys fight Kahn.
Wilder was just too much for Duhaupas. One thing I know is dude can take a hell of a beating. And yeah Wlad, would probably beat him, but he's the only other guy I see that could potentially dethrone the Ukranian Champ.

Also Bears are so damn terrible this year...AGAIN.
Old 09-27-2015, 07:12 PM   #1428
turtlefanforever
Foot Elite

khan

Quote:
Well, let's be honest here. Kahn has a lot of pluses. He's fast, he's strong and has heart (that Maidana fight was great), but there's a reason he hasn't facd any heavy hitters recently. His strategy against Collazo was clinch if he gets into punching range. Now don't get me wrong I like Kahn, but there are so many other welters I like more than him right now . Namely Kell, Bradley,Porter, Thurman and Maidana (but Maidana is currently a walking around as a cruiserweight so even he's iffy). Truth be told I'd love to see any of these guys fight Kahn.
Wilder was just too much for Duhaupas. One thing I know is dude can take a hell of a beating. And yeah Wlad, would probably beat him, but he's the only other guy I see that could potentially dethrone the Ukranian Champ.

Also Bears are so damn terrible this year...AGAIN.
Khan beats all of them most likely. And yeah but that fight pissed me off. Dude wasn't even hurt in the first few round was blocking most of the punches dude and announcers like "they're gonna stop this!" Overrated as hell. Very talented boxer but they were overrating the hell out of him that fight. Was a good stoppage at the end but the ref was looking for an excuse to stop the fight the whole time. I agree he has the best chance of anyone to beat wlad though.

Bears lost a lot of people to injuries this year though. Keep your head up. I'm a Falcons fan. And life is pretty good right now lol but the last 2 football seasons have been annoying. Mike smiths lack of being able to play a 2nd half of football caught up to him and the strength a conditioning staff he brought in set like a league record in players injuried/on IR within those 2 seasons. Dan Quinn has the Falcons finishing games. Really great to see.
Old 09-30-2015, 04:04 PM   #1429
shuriken
Second City Shinobi

I have no faith in the Bears. I'll watch but they've dissapointed me enough that I can't be emotionally invested in that team. Blackhawks and Bulls though, I can hope with those guys. Even though Derrick Rose is saying dumb things and getting injured again. Luckily I feel the Bulls can win with or without him.

Going back To PBC they do cheer lead quite a bit. Totally unneeded and annoying.
As for Kahn against those guys I mentioned... here are my "Mythical/ Potential match-up predictions"
If he fought Maidana again I see it going the same way it did last time. Kahn's power and speed help him at first, with Maidana winning some middle rounds but ultimately losing to the Britain.
Porter vs Kahn would be good. Porter's pressure and endurance will give Kahn some issues, but if Kahn is able to use the ring and dictate the pace and distance, he can outpoint Porter in a close but fair fight.
Bradley vs Kahn sounds awesome, with both having questionable chins and hearts of steel. Bradley is a great boxer that likes getting into brawling exchanges, and Kahn although not a brawler, lets his hands go a lot. I could see this going either way, but favor Bradley due to his work rate.
Brooks and Thurman I feel are the perfect package to beat Kahn. Good strength speed and knockout power. Kell though, I feel is a tossup vs Kahn. Lets give it to Kahn. As for Thurman, he'd KO Kahn within 10 rounds in an entertaining scrap.

So Khan goes 3-2 in my hypothetical matchups. And to prove me wrong he'll have to fight all (or some) of them. He's been dodging Brooks so we'll see how that goes.
Old 10-01-2015, 09:33 AM   #1430
turtlefanforever
Foot Elite

well

Quote:
I have no faith in the Bears. I'll watch but they've dissapointed me enough that I can't be emotionally invested in that team. Blackhawks and Bulls though, I can hope with those guys. Even though Derrick Rose is saying dumb things and getting injured again. Luckily I feel the Bulls can win with or without him.

Going back To PBC they do cheer lead quite a bit. Totally unneeded and annoying.
As for Kahn against those guys I mentioned... here are my "Mythical/ Potential match-up predictions"
If he fought Maidana again I see it going the same way it did last time. Kahn's power and speed help him at first, with Maidana winning some middle rounds but ultimately losing to the Britain.
Porter vs Kahn would be good. Porter's pressure and endurance will give Kahn some issues, but if Kahn is able to use the ring and dictate the pace and distance, he can outpoint Porter in a close but fair fight.
Bradley vs Kahn sounds awesome, with both having questionable chins and hearts of steel. Bradley is a great boxer that likes getting into brawling exchanges, and Kahn although not a brawler, lets his hands go a lot. I could see this going either way, but favor Bradley due to his work rate.
Brooks and Thurman I feel are the perfect package to beat Kahn. Good strength speed and knockout power. Kell though, I feel is a tossup vs Kahn. Lets give it to Kahn. As for Thurman, he'd KO Kahn within 10 rounds in an entertaining scrap.

So Khan goes 3-2 in my hypothetical matchups. And to prove me wrong he'll have to fight all (or some) of them. He's been dodging Brooks so we'll see how that goes.
We'll see if you even have any players left after the trade deadline, lol! But those guys didn't fit the scheme so it made sense. I remember that LB had a lot of hype around him but he became a liability. Pissed the Panthers were able to get Allen. Lol. Not because I wish the Falcons got him (although that'd be sweet) its cause it makes out games against the panthers that much harder. In any divisional game, its going to be close and hard fought. In most cases. You gotta stick through the bad times until it gets good again. As inept as Cutler may seem at times he's still a franchise QB and that's the most valuable commodity in this league.

Now all the Khan fights are hypothetical. So its really a moot point. Fun to talk about though. I see him as a guy that needs to step up now that Floyd is gone and he could be a very marketable fighter. But out of all those hypothetical I'd like to see Bradley vs Khan the most.
Old 10-02-2015, 09:39 AM   #1431
shuriken
Second City Shinobi

Quote:
We'll see if you even have any players left after the trade deadline, lol! But those guys didn't fit the scheme so it made sense. I remember that LB had a lot of hype around him but he became a liability. Pissed the Panthers were able to get Allen. Lol. Not because I wish the Falcons got him (although that'd be sweet) its cause it makes out games against the panthers that much harder. In any divisional game, its going to be close and hard fought. In most cases. You gotta stick through the bad times until it gets good again. As inept as Cutler may seem at times he's still a franchise QB and that's the most valuable commodity in this league.

Now all the Khan fights are hypothetical. So its really a moot point. Fun to talk about though. I see him as a guy that needs to step up now that Floyd is gone and he could be a very marketable fighter. But out of all those hypothetical I'd like to see Bradley vs Khan the most.
I know right . Bears management is essentially saying "screw it lets shoot for a first round pick"
And yeah Bradley vs Kahn could be a fight of the year candidate. Super excited about Matthysse vs Postol 2mrw.
Old 10-08-2015, 05:26 AM   #1432
shuriken
Second City Shinobi

Super dissappointed that Matthysse got KO'd by Postol, in what was a very frustrating fight to watch. Postol kept Lucas at a distance and clinched whenever he was in danger while Lucas had some success in rounds,3, 6-7 but he left himself wide open in the 10 and got KO'd. This was a stylistic nightmare for The Machine, who I feel needs a break.
Sucks that the Blackhawks lost, but it was a good solid game.
Cubs won and are en route to another world series appearance if they get past the Cardinals so yay for them. (Not a huge Baseball fan but hey Chi-town love)
Also the Bears actually won a game.
Old 10-13-2015, 06:23 AM   #1433
shuriken
Second City Shinobi

Bears and Cubs won, but the Bulls lost in the only sport I bothered to go see live. I'm not liking Hoidberg's direction of spot shooting, but hey it's early and Gibson, Noah and Rose didn't play so not worried.
Old 10-18-2015, 04:45 PM   #1434
shuriken
Second City Shinobi

Triple G is a beast. Bears let it slip, Blackhawks won, and Cubs lost.
I didn't think Golovkin vs Lemiuex would be as one sided as it was, but damn that man is a monster.
Old 10-21-2015, 09:56 PM   #1435
Leo656
The Franchise

That wasn't a sweep, it was a mugging. LET'S GO METS!

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2015, 09:45 AM   #1436
shuriken
Second City Shinobi

Being from Chicago is kinda great cuz I get to troll the hell out of both Cubs and Sox fans, or jump of the bandwagon of my choosing, but man are a lot of Cubs fans obnoxious. Go Mets?
Old 10-27-2015, 10:42 AM   #1437
turtlefanforever
Foot Elite

wow

lots of surprises in the nfl this season. trade deadline coming up i dont think we see anything big through cause of all the big trades that have already happened. lots of undefeated teams. gonna lose one next sunday though. Broncos vs Packers is gonna be sick! have to record it & avoid spoilers cause i wont be able to watch it live.

it's sooo satisfying seeing media darlings go down in flames. i remember when they were already declaring Luck a legend and now after all this they have to adress his flaws finally, and the seahawks bad record. they sure gave up on the niners fast too huh? last season all those years of hype was undone.
Old 10-27-2015, 03:14 PM   #1438
shuriken
Second City Shinobi

^^Yup. Packers have been tearing it up. And the bears are just ughh.
Broncos vs Packers should be awesome.
Also Opening Night for the Bulls GAAAAAAH
So excited
Old 11-04-2015, 10:52 PM   #1439
Wingnut
Mad Scientist

Scored tickets to the Bears v Rams game on the 15th.

Haven't been to the Dome at America's Center/TWA Dome/Edward Jones Dome since 2007...Guess I need one more pilgrimage to re-live those Greatest Show on Turf days that I'll never get back.

They're so moving to LA. Wow, this is just going to be depressing

Last edited by Wingnut; 11-04-2015 at 11:40 PM.
Wingnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2015, 04:05 AM   #1440
Mayhem
Foot Elite

You think the Rams are defo going back to LA? To be honest, given they are in the NFC West (with the Angry Birds, 49ers and Seahawks), then location wise, it makes a bit more sense too.