The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > General TMNT Discussion

Notices

Old 01-23-2020, 10:14 AM   #1
PApagreg
Mad Scientist

What are things you regret doing as a fan

Whether it be buying something you hated, watching something and sticking with it just because of the brand or doing something you regret.

Me personally I regret insulting the writers for the 2012 series a while back, don't get me wrong I do think there is a lot of bad writing during the later seasons and I am still highly critical of it but it was wrong and immature of me to directly insult people just because I didn't like their work.
Old 01-23-2020, 10:25 AM   #2
neatoman
Emperor

The decision to buy all of IDW's reprints of Archie, even after finding out I didn't like the comics themselves and how awful those reprints really are. I'm still thinking the right thing to do is to donate them to a library, I don't think I'll ever re-read them.
Hahahaha!
neatoman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2020, 12:25 PM   #3
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Really the only thing is being shamed by my mother into giving the Turtles up in my mid-teens and, because of that, later missing out on the 2003 series when it was the current big new thing. I regret for my generation of fans that there just was no clearly existing older support yet for the Turtles not being "just a kids thing" and that it was fine to still love those guys in your teens and beyond. (Sure, original Mirage fans were older, but with no internet also kind of invisible...and probably not supporting that first cartoon anyhow.) I doubt I'm alone in having regrettably walked away for a while because in that period it just wasn't "okay" to still like a "kids thing." While that stigma is still around I'm glad it is at least a lot weaker than it once was.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2020, 12:55 PM   #4
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

I regret going to the theaters to see both Bayturtle movies. I used to defend the first one like crazy until I finally got why they were such ****
Old 01-23-2020, 02:26 PM   #5
TommyT
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autbot_Benz View Post
I used to defend the first one like crazy until I finally got why they were such ****
What woke you up?
TommyT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2020, 03:19 AM   #6
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
Overlord

Sweden

Quote:
Originally Posted by neatoman View Post
I'm still thinking the right thing to do is to donate them to a library, I don't think I'll ever re-read them.
As you maybe know, not all issues were published in Sweden. Some issues and pages were skipped, while other issues were combined.

I know some Fleetway issues were also published in the Archie Comics in Sweden (which wasn't the case in the USA). However, in 1991 and 1992 the comic was published in Sweden 15 and 17 times each year so there would still have been place for both comics. I think it became better by mid 1993, when the Fleetway issues had been kicked out and monthly Archie publication began.

So there are pboably many readers in Sweden who want the entire stories. So I think donating them to a library or the Science Fiction Bookshop in Stockholm, Göteborg or Malmö is the right way to go.
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2020, 06:40 AM   #7
Slade
god status

I sold off a large run of my comics a few years ago. I really needed the money, but I do regret it now.
Slade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2020, 11:34 AM   #8
AquaParade
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autbot_Benz View Post
I regret going to the theaters to see both Bayturtle movies. I used to defend the first one like crazy until I finally got why they were such ****
The movie does have a few highlights. I liked seeing Splinter and Raph take on Shredder.

I never make it past the fart joke though. That's where I mentally check out. My body may carry on watching the movie but my soul may not proceed.
AquaParade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2020, 11:41 AM   #9
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

I regret selling all of the TMNT toys (and Ghostbusters toys) for basically chump change as a kid. Though I was kind of forced to.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2020, 03:50 PM   #10
ABrown
Banned

I think the only thing that I really regret is dropping the franchise from like around 1992-1995 after I hit puberty. What can I say? Kelly Kapowski (Saved by the Bell), Brenda Walsh (Beverly Hills, 90210) and Aunt Becky (Full House) just seemed a lot more appealing to me at the time.
ABrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2020, 04:09 PM   #11
Leo656
The Franchise

I can't really think of anything. I could have gotten a bunch of TMNT figures on Clearance at Kay-Bee for like $2 each back in 1997 or so. They weren't ones I was super interested in but I could've picked up a bunch for a song. So I guess that's all I can think of off the top of my head.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2020, 07:09 PM   #12
Powder
So tired of this place

I was an asshole on these forums way more than necessary over the years. I regret some of that. Key word, "some". There are a few people from this community I regret ever giving the time of day to, that's for sure. Had a legit stalker or two come of it, scary stuff.

Other than that, I dunno, I got rid of some toys in my younger days that ended up being worth crazy money (Warrior Metalhead, Warrior Winged Leonardo, mini playset stuff, etc), that hurts to think about. No biggie, though.

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2020, 06:52 AM   #13
MrPliggins
Foot Elite

I regret selling my Scratch right before it quadrupled in value.
MrPliggins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2020, 10:47 AM   #14
Wesley
Mad Scientist

I regret not getting into the live-action trilogy films as a kid in the early 90s. Just wasn’t interested in seeing TMNT in live-action back then. I did watch III years later on tv around 1998 when, funnily enough, I started to have an interest in life-action turtles by watching the tv series The Next Mutation.
Wesley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2020, 01:46 PM   #15
Green Machine
Hench Mutant

I sold my #1 First Print in 2014 after my divorce.
Green Machine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2020, 07:20 PM   #16
TobeyP
Random Punk

I sold my 88 and fast forward figures a few years ago, Instantly regretted it, still do to this day.
Old 02-10-2020, 10:22 PM   #17
IMJ
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrPliggins View Post
I regret selling my Scratch right before it quadrupled in value.
I passed up a Scratch in an action figure case of TMNT stuff at a Graham Crackers comics years ago... maybe around 2000 or so. I remember looking at the case and thinking he was unique looking because I had been out of TMNT collecting for several years by that point.

I had no idea that he was so hard to find, and apparently at the time the chain didn't either because he was priced like a regular figure in the collection they must have bought with a zillion other TMNT figs.

I've got a few stories like that in my collecting years unfortunately - don't even get me started on a Tales of Suspense #39 opportunity I had back in '05 that I walked from. OMG.
IMJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2020, 07:21 PM   #18
dragonside
Hench Mutant

i saw a bunch of NECA TMNT (first wave) in a store for $20. Should have just bought all of them. But that was when I was first collecting. I managed to get the four pack, but wish I got the single clamshell ones.
dragonside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2020, 06:25 AM   #19
OA
Scatter the nuns!!

Ugh... the things I've sold through the years. Can't really complain, as selling has helped shaped what I currently have, but there's still a few stingers in there if I think too much about it...
OA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2020, 02:24 PM   #20
pferreira
Foot Elite

Not spending more time with the TMNT community.

Quote:
Originally Posted by neatoman View Post
The decision to buy all of IDW's reprints of Archie, even after finding out I didn't like the comics themselves and how awful those reprints really are. I'm still thinking the right thing to do is to donate them to a library, I don't think I'll ever re-read them.
At what point did you decide to stop buying them?
pferreira is offline   Reply With Quote