The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Nick TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-15-2018, 04:40 PM   #61
newfan
Mad Scientist
 
newfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: UK
Posts: 1,414
The 2018 threads seem to be merging in conversation.

We don't even know Mona will be in it (do we?)
Anwyay, we all know Shredder will get the romance this time Just kidding, I agree with Indigo, I don't see much of this happening in this series, I'd not care for that change if it were to happen either.

Last edited by newfan; 04-15-2018 at 05:12 PM.
newfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2018, 04:41 PM   #62
Shark_Blade
Raph the Big Bro
 
Shark_Blade's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: NYC
Posts: 6,869
Quote:
Originally Posted by FredWolfLeonardo View Post
Because Leonardo and not Raphael painted the Mona Lisa
Underrated post.
__________________

Ready for TMNT in Injustice 2?
Shark_Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2018, 05:31 PM   #63
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy
 
IndigoErth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: U.S., East Coast
Posts: 9,723
Quote:
Originally Posted by newfan View Post
Anwyay, we all know Shredder will get the romance this time
Hey, why not. How about a mad woman with a fetish for super villeins that won't leave him alone. An equally aggressive match determined to make him hers.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2018, 04:51 PM   #64
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 34,212
The only real reason Rise may not last that long is with Toys R Us going out of business (and by the time the show starts in September, they'll likely all be gone), is all the new toys from Playmates are going to have a much smaller market now. All they really have is Walmart and Target now and a few minor stores, but the end of Toys R US is a huge blow to toymakers.

A lot of the TMNT cartoons success rides on toy sales, and this will be the first cartoon that goes on the air after Toys R Us is gone.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2018, 07:05 PM   #65
miru
Mad Scientist
 
miru's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 1,624
Three seasons. But after that? Will it even be remembered? Even in a negative light?
miru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2018, 08:32 PM   #66
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 34,212
Nobody knows till it airs.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2018, 08:42 PM   #67
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker
 
Andrew NDB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Auburn, WA
Posts: 14,218
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
The only real reason Rise may not last that long is with Toys R Us going out of business (and by the time the show starts in September, they'll likely all be gone), is all the new toys from Playmates are going to have a much smaller market now. All they really have is Walmart and Target now and a few minor stores, but the end of Toys R US is a huge blow to toymakers.

A lot of the TMNT cartoons success rides on toy sales, and this will be the first cartoon that goes on the air after Toys R Us is gone.
Smaller toy market... shorter and cheaper shows.

Seems to all check out.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2018, 12:05 AM   #68
frank_one
Hench Mutant
 
frank_one's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Southern Europe
Posts: 482
Are we sure that without Toys R Us around the amount of toys sold across the world will decrease? You know, I'm not an economist or something. One toy seller is gone, but the market is still there, I mean, the people who are in need of toys and who potentially will buy toys are still there. Maybe the other toy selling companies will just take and share that piece of the market Toys R Us has left.
__________________
Jim Lawson's Kickstarter project Funded!
frank_one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2018, 12:23 AM   #69
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker
 
Utrommaniac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Back in Texas
Posts: 4,398
There are plenty of other places besides Toys R Us to buy toys. At this point, it's just about anywhere. If it's a shopping center with a kid's section, they're bound to be there. There's also the online market.

With how much Toys R Us had been down the tubes for years before its closure, I don't think sales from there will affect too much.
__________________
Decent Ch'rell avatar pending: September

To my DeviantArt
Utrommaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2018, 12:23 AM   #70
frank_one
Hench Mutant
 
frank_one's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Southern Europe
Posts: 482
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
A lot of the TMNT cartoons success rides on toy sales, and this will be the first cartoon that goes on the air after Toys R Us is gone.
Is selling toys STILL so relevant like it was in the 80's and 00's?
__________________
Jim Lawson's Kickstarter project Funded!
frank_one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2018, 02:43 AM   #71
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
Emperor
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Sweden
Posts: 7,671
Quote:
Originally Posted by Panda_Kahn_fan View Post
"Why do they have magic powers? I don't care if ninjas in Japanese folklore have magic powers, turtles must have no powers!"
I think the idea of magic is the biggest issue. But it seems the turtles will not have any superpowers, just use magic weapons except for Donatello.
__________________
Because of continuity and timeline errors, I've given up writing fanfiction based on the 1987-1996 animated television series. Instead, I'm trying to reboot the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles story, something many other fanfiction writers alredy do:

Hopefully, stories will later appear at

http://www.fanfiction.net/u/968367/O...NT-Cartoon-Fan
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2018, 11:43 AM   #72
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy
 
IndigoErth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: U.S., East Coast
Posts: 9,723
Are we assuming Donnie's isn't magic just because it wasn't shown glowing?

If the "powers" are just in the weapons... Not big on powers as a whole series concept, but whatever. Don't go giving the TMNT actual powers because ninjas in folklore have only fabled "powers" that aren't real; the TMNT's should be likewise based on trickery and skill, only looking like magic to their foes.


As for the toys, well... here's to hoping that KB Toys jumps in with a great plan and can pull off a win, stepping up in to the void TRU will leave behind. And I hope can come through like TRU did when I could not find things at Walmart and Target's more limited selection.

Sounds like they may also put some focus on adult collectors too, not just the kiddies and kid stuff, so that's awesome.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2018, 12:13 PM   #73
victory_angel
Foot Elite
 
victory_angel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Ca
Posts: 2,896
Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
Are we assuming Donnie's isn't magic just because it wasn't shown glowing?

If the "powers" are just in the weapons... Not big on powers as a whole series concept, but whatever. Don't go giving the TMNT actual powers because ninjas in folklore have only fabled "powers" that aren't real; the TMNT's should be likewise based on trickery and skill, only looking like magic to their foes.


As for the toys, well... here's to hoping that KB Toys jumps in with a great plan and can pull off a win, stepping up in to the void TRU will leave behind. And I hope can come through like TRU did when I could not find things at Walmart and Target's more limited selection.

Sounds like they may also put some focus on adult collectors too, not just the kiddies and kid stuff, so that's awesome.
Or Donnie would be the last one to really develop powers because he is the intellectual of the group. Yes in this version he will be into Sci-fi, but even then he would still be rigid in what is considered tangible in his mind. Where as 4Kids Donnie was the first to really start developing his chi paths.
__________________
victory_angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2018, 12:20 PM   #74
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
Emperor
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Sweden
Posts: 7,671
If the turtles use powers, Donatello should be like when Han Solo from Star Wars doesn't believe in the Force.
__________________
Because of continuity and timeline errors, I've given up writing fanfiction based on the 1987-1996 animated television series. Instead, I'm trying to reboot the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles story, something many other fanfiction writers alredy do:

Hopefully, stories will later appear at

http://www.fanfiction.net/u/968367/O...NT-Cartoon-Fan
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2018, 06:13 AM   #75
Panda_Kahn_fan
Mad Scientist
 
Panda_Kahn_fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 1,540
Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
Are we assuming Donnie's isn't magic just because it wasn't shown glowing?

If the "powers" are just in the weapons... Not big on powers as a whole series concept, but whatever. Don't go giving the TMNT actual powers because ninjas in folklore have only fabled "powers" that aren't real; the TMNT's should be likewise based on trickery and skill, only looking like magic to their foes.


As for the toys, well... here's to hoping that KB Toys jumps in with a great plan and can pull off a win, stepping up in to the void TRU will leave behind. And I hope can come through like TRU did when I could not find things at Walmart and Target's more limited selection.

Sounds like they may also put some focus on adult collectors too, not just the kiddies and kid stuff, so that's awesome.
Actually the ninja in folklore were supposed to have actual supernatural powers, such as the kuji-kiri hand signals. While it was trickery in real life, on the folklore and legends themselves the powers were supposed to be real. And it gets pretty silly when you say ninja a on the turtles world can't use magic, when most tmnt incarnations have the foot mystics. Trying to say the turtles wouldn't usE those abilities, especially when we saw splinter using such powers in mirage as early as the gosei hattori story, saying the turtles can't use ninja magic is silly.

Last edited by Panda_Kahn_fan; 05-29-2018 at 06:22 AM.
Panda_Kahn_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2018, 01:59 AM   #76
Shiro Kame
Foot Clan Mutant Renegade
 
Shiro Kame's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Canada
Posts: 3,344
Gonna have to wait until the first episode airs before making a calculated guess. At least it doesn't look like it'll be TTG's brand of stupidity and laziness.
__________________
Spoiler:

Shiro Kame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2018, 02:48 AM   #77
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
Emperor
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Sweden
Posts: 7,671
Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
Are we assuming Donnie's isn't magic just because it wasn't shown glowing?
Combined with our knowledge of who Donatello is, and what he usually believes in.
__________________
Because of continuity and timeline errors, I've given up writing fanfiction based on the 1987-1996 animated television series. Instead, I'm trying to reboot the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles story, something many other fanfiction writers alredy do:

Hopefully, stories will later appear at

http://www.fanfiction.net/u/968367/O...NT-Cartoon-Fan
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2018, 08:20 AM   #78
Coola Yagami
Emperor
 
Coola Yagami's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 8,026
Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
Hey, why not. How about a mad woman with a fetish for super villeins that won't leave him alone. An equally aggressive match determined to make him hers.
Dude..... like why not?
__________________
https://markblogofepicrandomness.blogspot.com Check out my blog on random stuff from TMNT to Batman comics to whatever else hits my mind.
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2018, 11:35 AM   #79
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy
 
IndigoErth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: U.S., East Coast
Posts: 9,723
Quote:
Originally Posted by Panda_Kahn_fan View Post
Actually the ninja in folklore were supposed to have actual supernatural powers, such as the kuji-kiri hand signals. While it was trickery in real life, on the folklore and legends themselves the powers were supposed to be real. And it gets pretty silly when you say ninja a on the turtles world can't use magic, when most tmnt incarnations have the foot mystics. Trying to say the turtles wouldn't usE those abilities, especially when we saw splinter using such powers in mirage as early as the gosei hattori story, saying the turtles can't use ninja magic is silly.
Silly? Uh, no.

I believe it is more of a matter that we prefer different angles on it... indulging in folklore vs exploring the use of trickery that created said folklore. You want them magical (I guess?), while I'd rather they only trick their enemies into thinking they are (thus instilling fear and uncertainty and throwing them off balance). C'est la vie.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2018, 12:49 PM   #80
LeotheLateBloomer
Mad Scientist
 
LeotheLateBloomer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 1,735
Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
Silly? Uh, no.

I believe it is more of a matter that we prefer different angles on it... indulging in folklore vs exploring the use of trickery that created said folklore. You want them magical (I guess?), while I'd rather they only trick their enemies into thinking they are (thus instilling fear and uncertainty and throwing them off balance). C'est la vie.
This! It's a tactic that Batman uses as well.
LeotheLateBloomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 09:16 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.