The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Video Game Discussion

Notices

Old 01-26-2019, 02:34 AM   #1
cutt_rip
Random Punk

Do you need the manual to play TMNT: Manhattan Missions Dos?

I was just wondering, if I were to purchase this game without a manual and play it on an old school dos machine, would I need a manual to get past copy protection questions?

Or is there a website that shows you how to bypass it and enter the right codes/answers?

PS - Does anyone have a complete in box one on here that they would be willing to sell?
cutt_rip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2019, 08:35 PM   #2
Roseangelo
Emperor

I think this game is too old for such a protection. Unless you are actually asking this question because you played the game and ran into this problem.
Roseangelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2019, 08:28 AM   #3
cutt_rip
Random Punk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roseangelo View Post
I think this game is too old for such a protection. Unless you are actually asking this question because you played the game and ran into this problem.
I read in an old thread on here from 2002 that the game has in game copy protection

"Nope, it's not shareware. It's a bought program. There are built in safegaurds, so you HAVE to have a copy of the manual...

~Mica"
Old 02-01-2019, 04:10 AM   #4
Nelson
Stone Warrior

For the store-bought version, you need the manual to get past the password screen at the start of the game.

BUT

I downloaded the game a couple years ago to play on DOSBox (forgot where I got it), and that version didn't have that password screen. I guess whoever uploaded the game altered it and got rid of that screen. As far as I can tell, the rest of the game plays/looks the same.

Play! * Follow! * Support!
Nelson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2019, 11:51 AM   #5
pferreira
Foot Elite

With any of these types of games if downloaded you can download it cracked. If you buy a legit copy most games from the Dos and Amiga era had copy protection of some kind.
pferreira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2019, 02:32 AM   #6
cutt_rip
Random Punk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nelson View Post
For the store-bought version, you need the manual to get past the password screen at the start of the game.

BUT

I downloaded the game a couple years ago to play on DOSBox (forgot where I got it), and that version didn't have that password screen. I guess whoever uploaded the game altered it and got rid of that screen. As far as I can tell, the rest of the game plays/looks the same.
I'm after the actual physical copy.

I did locateolder listing of someone with a copy protection sheet photgraphed ( seems just like 1 sheet)? Would you know if I still need the manual with the copy protection sheet.

I do believe of the instructions and a faq has been posted online.

I am asking this incase I just find the loose disks, which are cheaper to purchase. Thanks