The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Rise of the TMNT Discussion

Notices

Old 07-22-2018, 07:36 PM   #121
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Crave Pizza No More View Post
I'll take something along the lines of the original Batman: The Animated Series any day.
Not every show needs to be B:TAS. And you have the 2k3 series for the closest thing to that.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2018, 08:03 PM   #122
Vegita-San
Emperor

I can only find episode 2 online.

And I can only make 6 minutes in. you can't take these turtles seriously. It's like a parody of a parody, and I can't see this show finding an audience.

Raphael and Donnie's voice actors arn't even trying. Leo and Mike are the only ones who seem like they are trying to do a character voice. Bauza is excellent as usual....and the new april isn't bad, voice wise. but that's not april.

I don't even think I can 'hate watch' this thing. it's just sad seeing turtles degrade each nick generation.

we really need someone like netflix to give it the batman treatment. a little more serious. no fred wolf elements. just turtles, karai, foot, shredder, april and casey. no other mutants either. try and bring the series back down to earth a little.

'Wrong, April. We've Been upgraded to Women hating TROLLS'

?The force is not female, the force is not male, the force is for everyone?
Vegita-San is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2018, 08:32 PM   #123
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegita-San View Post
you can't take these turtles seriously. It's like a parody of a parody, and I can't see this show finding an audience.
It's not really. It'll find its audience because millions of kids watch Nick by default.

Quote:
Raphael and Donnie's voice actors arn't even trying. Leo and Mike are the only ones who seem like they are trying to do a character voice.
Donnie's voice seems to be one of the best received so far, I don't know what you mean by "they aren't trying?" Raph's is fine so far.
Old 07-22-2018, 08:39 PM   #124
Shark_Blade
Emperor

I hope they’ll humanise April more.

Girl just straight up fearlessly jumped into a war zone even the turtles themselves are scared of? And she gone rabid and chewing ropes? She’s hardly human at this point.

The show should be retitled “April and the rise of tmnt” then.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Not every show needs to be B:TAS. And you have the 2k3 series for the closest thing to that.
It can’t be help. Btas is like the gold standard of animation tbh. (I totally stole that line from Incredibles 2 lol)
Shark_Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2018, 08:47 PM   #125
TurtleWA
Foot Elite

Quote:
Donnie's voice seems to be one of the best received so far, I don't know what you mean by "they aren't trying?" Raph's is fine so far.
I like Donnie and Raph voices the best. They are working great for me! Leo voice could have been the Mikey voice though imo. And Leo could get new VA and Mikey VA I guess idk what happens with him. No offense.
TurtleWA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2018, 09:27 PM   #126
I Crave Pizza No More
Mad Scientist

Quote:
No, I and didn't mean to suggest that it needs to be like that. I'm just saying that this show is so far to one side on the silliness spectrum that I can't get into it or take it seriously.

And if it's going to be that wild, then it needs to be funny (for example, some of the stuff in Sanjay and Craig is so bizarre that you can't help but laugh). Really, the TMNT have always tried to maintain some semblance of believability, but this show has none of it. Anyway, this incarnation is not in any way something I'm interested in--I'll leave it at that.

Last edited by I Crave Pizza No More; 07-22-2018 at 09:33 PM.
I Crave Pizza No More is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2018, 06:16 AM   #127
Zulithe
Ninjutsu Master

After watching the pilot episode (I'll be getting to the others soon) and as a lifelong turtle fan since '87, I can say that I don't think this is going to resonate with me the way the 2012 series did.

When I watched 2012 I instantly loved it and had very few complaints. My main ones involved how empty the backgrounds looked and too much asset reuse -- both which were clearly budget/time issues, not creative issues. With 2018, pretty much all of my issues are creative issues, because the animation itself looks pretty strong.

But, it's only been 22 minutes and I'm giving them time to flesh things out and to win me over on things.

Up front though, I don't like the new Splinter at all both in his design and his behavior. Not very fond of how quickly and enthusiastically the turtles drop their signature weaponry and just grab pretty random new stuff just because they glow. I'm fine with mystical weaponry, just think it could have been handled in a way that was more true to the franchise and the characters.

I don't know. I have a lot to feel through and think about. But end of the day, I will keep watching, keep thinking and keep challenging my feelings on this show.

With any fandom you have people who take these things very differently. There's the type of fan who is quick to forgive or overlook any change and falls in love with it quickly just because it's something turtles... there's the type who hate anything that's changed or new... and I think both of those types are already represented in this thread. I like to see myself as open-minded, I like seeing new things as long as it rings true to me and I'm just not sure it really does in this case. Honestly, it feels like some creatives came into this project without a lot of love for the turtles and their history and just did their own take on it detached from all of that... very different from what Ciro did.

Last edited by Zulithe; 07-23-2018 at 06:26 AM.
Zulithe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2018, 08:56 AM   #128
Coola Yagami
Overlord

I did enjoy the new take, except Splinter. Kinda hope they reveal he trained them when he was younger and is now just enjoying his golden years. Let the poor old rat rest.

As for the turtles ditching their classics for new glowy weapons? They're young. Glowy things found in some hidden magic city are ****ing awesome.

April jumping into danger? She's a kid. Kids are fearless. Everyone wished they could just leap into adventure at some point of their childhood. She's obviously not mature enough to understand the risks.

April biting ropes? It's a goofy cartoon with wacky visual humor. Given the art style and zaniness of the series, it honestly doesn't come off as weird. I mean, you can even see extra pen kines coming out of their fingers.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2018, 09:40 AM   #129
KillCrites
Thug

About Splinter, I think he's going to get into shape and properly train the Turtles once a greater threat like The Shredder appears.
Old 07-23-2018, 10:35 AM   #130
CyberCubed
Overlord

Splinter's only been in 1 of the eps so far, I do hope he is really skilled and is just lazy for now.

One of the promo arts shows Splinter ready to fight so...
Old 07-23-2018, 10:47 AM   #131
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing

He seemed pretty skilled when he took out the Turtles for "dishonoring the master"
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2018, 10:50 AM   #132
CyberCubed
Overlord

I mean look at the promo art:

This is pretty much a serious fighting pose, so he's obviously going to do some fighting and be a skilled fighter.
Old 07-23-2018, 10:51 AM   #133
oldmanwinters
Overlord

Quote:
I mean look at the promo art:

https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/...20180201091918

This is pretty much a serious fighting pose, so he's obviously going to do some fighting and be a skilled fighter.
Then again, he might just be fighting over the TV remote.

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!
oldmanwinters is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2018, 10:53 AM   #134
TheJ-manTurtleMan
Stone Warrior

Quote:
I can only find episode 2 online.

And I can only make 6 minutes in. you can't take these turtles seriously. It's like a parody of a parody, and I can't see this show finding an audience
That's the exact reason this show will find an audience, they don't want to take it seriously. The newer generation had thier serious show with 2012, now they get thier comedy show with Rise. Similar how we got our comedy show with Fred Wolf and our serious show with 2003, but in reverse.

"I love a little hot sauce on my pizza! I love a little hot sauce yes I dooo!"
TheJ-manTurtleMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2018, 11:24 AM   #135
plastroncafe
PerfectlyTunedFightEngine

The comedy show inspired by the serious comic went on to inspire a serious cartoon.

All very reminiscent of the series finale of Batman: The Brave and the Bold.
So your wants and needs as a fan should outweigh everyone else's?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabacooza View Post
There's no sense catering just to one demographic which is idiotic.
Quote:
just ignore what you don't like rather than obsessing over it and move on with your life.
plastroncafe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2018, 07:26 PM   #136
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Here, some weird screen shots because I wuv you all.

Now as to why and even how Raph thought his junk was in danger... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2018, 08:36 PM   #137
sdp
Megan Fox = April

This show is cool, I hope it finds an audience, action cartoons need to come back.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2018, 09:25 PM   #138
mrfld
Mouser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papenbrook View Post
Post all thoughts here.
Super disappointed. I could handle the hideous Ren/Stimpy art style. Content wise it was fine. After I saw Splinter my heart snapped.
mrfld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2018, 09:54 PM   #139
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy

Dialogue made me laugh...especially Donnie's lines. His failure at the con nerds bit and defensiveness about his voice were great.
Not sold on April or Splinter. April's too impulsive and leaps in...and gnaws on ropes and baddies...yikes. Hopefully Splinter has an active role. The previous series really spoiled us with its Splinter.
Mikey "Oh mi gosh!" exclamation can stop now....thanks.
Dig reluctant leader Raph.

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2018, 10:03 PM   #140
Shark_Blade
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
Here, some weird screen shots because I wuv you all.

Now as to why and even how Raph thought his junk was in danger... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

https://i.imgur.com/Jk2AHrm.jpg
I kept repeating that scene wondering when did anything hit his balls at all. What is even happening?
Shark_Blade is offline   Reply With Quote