The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Current Events

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 05-23-2018, 04:27 PM   #121
TurtleWA
Foot Elite

Yeah kids do experience a lot of things when flying free from the nest. But I sorta think of it like the saying “give a person a fish and you feed them for a day, teach a person to fish and you feed them for a lifetime.” Hopefully the kid learns enough skills from you in order to face/process the world when alone.

However kids grow up and need to make their own decisions. And form their own identity. Sometimes complete opposite from there parents, sometimes similar and often a mix of everything inbetween.

Hopefully you set a solid foundation when raising your kid and as the days pass you monitor that foundation for cracks.
Old 05-24-2018, 08:29 PM   #122
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Another good guy with a gun took down a bad guy and saved lives.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/05/24/us/ok...ing/index.html
Old 05-24-2018, 08:35 PM   #123
Leo656
The Franchise

So... hypothetically... if this person hadn't legally-purchased, trained with, and been carrying one of those evil "guns"... whoever the other guy was could've killed everyone in the place, taken whatever he wanted and left without any opposition, until the police showed up "eventually." Instead, for those reasons and those reasons ALONE, the only one dead is the criminal.

Fascinating.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Old 05-25-2018, 02:42 AM   #124
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
Another good guy with a gun took down a bad guy and saved lives.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/05/24/us/ok...ing/index.html
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
So... hypothetically... if this person hadn't legally-purchased, trained with, and been carrying one of those evil "guns"... whoever the other guy was could've killed everyone in the place, taken whatever he wanted and left without any opposition, until the police showed up "eventually." Instead, for those reasons and those reasons ALONE, the only one dead is the criminal.

Fascinating.
you even read the article?

"A man walked into Louie's Grill & Bar and opened fire, striking two people. As the gunman was fleeing the scene, a bystander armed with a pistol confronted the shooter and fatally shot him outside the restaurant"

the White Hat didn't save lives, he just shot the fleeing gunman. Which sure, at least he killed the gunman and not a bystander with a wallet (so I guess he wasn't a off-duty cop). Although, I wonder if the story would have been different if the guy who broke his leg trying to flee the gunman would have made it out of the Bar & Grill first, luckily we don't know.

heres some more links, although a couple don't work for me due to some weak-ass excuse about "attempting to access this website from a country belonging to the European Economic Area (EEA) including the EU which enforces the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and therefore cannot grant you access at this time"...

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/oklahom...ay-2018-05-24/

https://newsok.com/article/5595860/s...hefner-parkway

http://kfor.com/2018/05/24/man-opens...eople-injured/

http://www.news9.com/story/38274550/...on-lake-hefner

http://www.tulsaworld.com/news/state...3499bbef1.html
Old 06-04-2018, 10:20 AM   #125
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

California Farmer Charged With 12 Felonies After Trying To Register His Guns

https://www.themaven.net/bluelivesma...0eSpeNnNm6PCw/
Old 06-07-2018, 09:07 PM   #126
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

How to reduce gun violence and gun-related deaths:

http://www.intellectualtakeout.org/a...h-gun-violence
Old 06-09-2018, 01:18 AM   #127
PApagreg
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
California Farmer Charged With 12 Felonies After Trying To Register His Guns

https://www.themaven.net/bluelivesma...0eSpeNnNm6PCw/
Love how you forgot to mention that 12 of them were illegally modified.
Old 06-09-2018, 01:31 AM   #128
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by PApagreg View Post
Love how you forgot to mention that 12 of them were illegally modified.
That's about as far as you can get from the point. He had no idea. He's an old time farmer trying his best to comply with rapidly changing laws, not because he had to, but because he wanted to adhere to whatever is going on... and now he's looking at more combined time than most murderers.
Old 06-09-2018, 01:57 AM   #129
BartAllen
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy View Post
Insult your own children? Be the first to pop their bullying cherry?

Did I read that right?
It's not about insulting them. You're taking what I wrote and leaping to some bizarre conclusion. What i'm saying is that parents should give them a realistic response when they ask about why kids call them fat at school.

As a parent are you going to tell them that they're not fat and the kids at school are just mean?

Or are you going to tell them the truth? That they're overweight. Again, yea, to an extent you should be honest with your kids. Get them prepared for life. Part of that is giving them coping mechanisms as they grow so that when they hear that stuff from other people they can more easily deal with it.

Why weren't these school shootings happening 50 years ago? This **** is happening all the time now. It's can't solely be about entitlement. No one is going to convince me that it's worse today than it was in a pre civil rights america. This is happening because kids are coddled by their parents and can't deal with being rejected or told they're gross.
Old 06-09-2018, 03:41 AM   #130
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by BartAllen View Post
Why weren't these school shootings happening 50 years ago? This **** is happening all the time now. It's can't solely be about entitlement. No one is going to convince me that it's worse today than it was in a pre civil rights america. This is happening because kids are coddled by their parents and can't deal with being rejected or told they're gross.
It's almost like 50 years ago we had full access to fully automatic weapons (which we haven't, for 20) and had 0 school shootings.

Except that's exactly the case. But it's the guns. Has to be. While the more enlightened countries today who have already banned guns are literally trying to pass laws about rounding kitchen knives to save lives on the streets like it's the most basic, sound, logical thing that it should go without saying.

Infuriating.

There will always be a mental health aspect that is a small ratio (that often, like the guns themselves, seems an easy target that groups point to) but it is far and wide societal. An internet age where kids are put in front of YouTube and good, old-fashioned hands-on parenting is optional (and becoming increasingly discouraged, it seems)... susceptible to a multi-billion dollar media that is all to willing to step in and play mom & dad, that's where it seems we're at to me. But good luck legislating parents into, you know, actually being parents.

Last edited by Andrew NDB; 06-09-2018 at 01:17 PM.
Old 06-09-2018, 05:07 AM   #131
Sumac
Banned

Western society took idea of "equality" in the wrong way and now coddle sick people, instead of curing them.
For example, like all this ******** about "fat shaming". Sorry, being fat is unhealthy and I don't care if it hurts your feelings if someone states so. You might die early from that, but yeah, your feelings are more important than your life it seems.

There is need to eliminate racism and sexism, but it has nothing to do with coddling unhealthy behavior of the person.
Old 06-09-2018, 07:01 AM   #132
plastroncafe
PerfectlyTunedFightEngine

This is treading dangerously close to the school shooters were bullied narrative, which is been demonstrated to be false over and over again.

These boys were not bullied, they were told no in situations where they felt they were entitled to a yes.
And they violently lashed out.

These boys weren't marginalized.
They're just used to getting what they want.

From Affluenza Boy to Brock Turner people make excuses for their behavior instead of bringing them to Justice.
So your wants and needs as a fan should outweigh everyone else's?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabacooza View Post
There's no sense catering just to one demographic which is idiotic.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegita-San View Post
just ignore what you don't like rather than obsessing over it and move on with your life.

Last edited by plastroncafe; 06-09-2018 at 07:21 AM.
Old 06-09-2018, 10:49 AM   #133
Sumac
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by plastroncafe View Post
These boys were not bullied, they were told no in situations where they felt they were entitled to a yes.

From Affluenza Boy to Brock Turner people make excuses for their behavior instead of bringing them to Justice.
But...but...everyone are unique and awesome in their own way!
How can you take away people's autonomy from them by telling that they are "wrong" and "should change" and that they do not deserve something because they are existing? I mean, what are you - a fascist?
Old 06-09-2018, 11:50 AM   #134
plastroncafe

Harassment
Quote:
Quote:
just ignore what you don't like rather than obsessing over it and move on with your life.
Old 06-09-2018, 11:57 AM   #135
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

Cop Out and Cowardice.

Shredder could've done more than blow up the Channel Six building. I don't mean as far as murdering Splinter, but think of the possibilities if censors were not an issue.

Shredder and Krang combined had the biggest arsenal of any villains in all of the cartoons.
Old 06-09-2018, 12:17 PM   #136
TurtleWA
Foot Elite

Quote:
This is treading dangerously close to the school shooters were bullied narrative, which is been demonstrated to be false over and over again.

Yes entitled young kids are in school systems.

I’m sure they hear a lot of “yes” answers. All the time. I’m sure they rarely hear a “no.” I pretty sure they could get a firearm if they wanted.

I also think that we have situations all across the country that young kids get told “no” perhaps for the first time.

Maybe in a public way that causes embarrassment. I’m also certain that they all don’t respond by murder. It hurts and they go on with life.

It’s not as simple as [entitled kid + No for first time = murder]
Or we would have much much much more murders.

I’m more interested in knowing what causes one kid in the situation to go get the gun and the other just to go secretly cry and maybe get drunk.
Old 06-09-2018, 01:32 PM   #137
plastroncafe

Agreed.
If this was solely a case of bullied kids lashing out at their abusers, we would also see many more attacks. And they'd be coming from a much more diverse pool of assailants.

But some Factor, some force, is radicalizing these young men. And until we're willing to address what that force and factor is, all we're doing is keeping an ambulance at the bottom of the cliff instead of putting a fence before the ravine.

What is it about the culture that these boys are steeped in that leaves them to the conclusion that this is a rational course of action.
This is why people go after video games, and music, and gun culture. They're looking for the places in which the circles of the Venn diagram converge.
Quote:
Quote:
Old 06-09-2018, 02:05 PM   #138
Sumac
Banned

Quote:
Harassment
Asking you a question is a harassment?
Pathetic.

Quote:
What is it about the culture that these boys are steeped in that leaves them to the conclusion that this is a rational course of action.
This is why people go after video games, and music, and gun culture. They're looking for the places in which the circles of the Venn diagram converge.
It's all video games fault! It's all guns fault! It's all music fault! It's never people's fault! It's never parents fault!

Being so clueless and at the same pretending to have some moral superiority...
Old 06-09-2018, 02:45 PM   #139
TurtleWA
Foot Elite

Quote:
But some Factor, some force, is radicalizing these young men. And until we're willing to address what that force and factor is, all we're doing is keeping an ambulance at the bottom of the cliff instead of putting a fence before the ravine
There will always be a force or factor. It’s like the whack-a-mole game. Exhausting, pointless and you will never get them all because another pops right up.

I’m curious about when two people have been exposed to the same contaminate. What makes one person turn and not the other?

What antibody do the kids access that choose to go cry rather than murder? When and where did they develop this defense? How to get this vaccine to all?
Old 06-09-2018, 02:56 PM   #140
plastroncafe

I like this vaccination analogy, because like real vaccinations the cause of disease is always evolving and changing and as a result so does their cure.

Me personally? I think a little empathy training would go a long way.
And so too would some emotional awareness.

But there are some really uncomfortable aspects to our culture that should really be unpacked and addressed.
Quote:
Quote:
Closed Thread