The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Video Games

Notices

Old 05-09-2013, 02:16 PM   #141
animal
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by snakeweed101 View Post
Are you forgetting about Zelda 2 on the NES? That's a sequel.
Oops yeah sorry
animal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 02:18 PM   #142
animal
Banned

This form drives me nuts so nuts I'm probably going to get banned one day because I'll start a fight
Old 05-09-2013, 02:45 PM   #143
Cure
Y'all need Jesus

Whoa, watch out, everyone. This guy is trouble.
Old 05-09-2013, 03:39 PM   #144
Storm Eagle
Saved by

Quote:
Originally Posted by JYX View Post
LOL, oh I remember the trouble I had with Zelda II for NES. It was my first Zelda game I owned, I had briefly played the first Zelda game for NES with my cousin during vacations, but Zelda II was the game my family bought for me since it was "newer".

I was a bit surprised by the different game play of it since it was more side-scrolling instead of being completely a top-down perspective. It was easy going through Parapa Palace/North West Hyrule, but Death Mountain...lol.. was the death of my patience. I remember as a small kid trying to actually draw out the maze of tunnels to figure out where I had to go, but those enemies in the caves were TOUGH. I know games are supposed to get progressively more difficult, but the difficulty was just so sudden.

I think my lack of patience for the game was because my parents only allowed me to play 2 hours of video games a day, but only on Friday and weekends and never on a school night. I found myself being more frustrated rather than enjoying the game by never really making it through those caves and I just abandoned the game altogether. Whatever time I had in playing video games, I wanted to actually enjoy it. Therefore...
Before I actually ever defeated him, fighting Thunderbird in the Great Palace was always a bitch. You reduce his life force by half, and he really starts getting aggressive with the fireballs he tosses. I especially remember the time where I just needed to hit him one more time to take him out for good, but then, he got me. I eventually defeated him though, and I thought it was over, until I had to fight Shadow Link. At least I defeated him in the same day, although not on the first try. Anyway, where I was going wrong with Thunderbird was that I didn't have my attack level all the way up to 8. I just had it at 7.
Storm Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 03:43 PM   #145
animal
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cure View Post
Whoa, watch out, everyone. This guy is trouble.
No i'm not I just don't see why I am in the middle of this
Old 05-09-2013, 04:34 PM   #146
Redmage1987
Hench Mutant

Anyone ever notice the Leonardo Mask on the Happy Mask Salesman's bag? (#9)

Been doing a lot of Zelda myself lately. I apparently had a lot of files started, but not finished. I just finished Quest 1 in the original The Legend of Zelda on my 3DS this morning.

I also completed the last Hero's Trial on the anniversary edition of Four Swords today. I completed them before on my DSi, but then I transfered everything to my 3DS and I had to do everything all over again. Those are some of the most difficult things to complete in any Zelda, in my opinion.

I finished Majora's Mask today as well. I'm still playing it some though, since I'm helping a friend of mine find the rest of the Heart Pieces he needs. Right now I think Majora's Mask is my favorite of all the 3D Zeldas.

I also finished Phantom Hourglass today too. I originally started this file so I could play through it with the same friend that I'm playing Majora's Mask with. I was hoping to do some of the Wi-Fi stuff, like trading ship parts and battling. His internet and DS' don't get along though, and so we don't do Wi-Fi anymore. Oh well though, it was nice to go through this game again. I'm not quite done with the file I'm doing right now though, I still have some ship parts left to get, but that's it. I'll just check Beetle's Shop each day until I have one of every ship part.

Also did another run of A Link to the Past today. I know that game better than any other Zelda. It was the first I ever owned and beat, so it was nice to do another run of it. Can't wait for A Link to the Past 2!

I apparently had 2 playthroughs going on in The Adventure of Link. One on my Wii and one on my 3DS. I beat the file on my 3DS this morning. Good game, in my opinion. This game is kind of like Mega Man to me, I guess. Not the gameplay or anything like that, but because a lot of people say it's really hard, but I've never really had much trouble with it. Although I did love using that Game Genie code as a kid that turned the Shield Spell into the Thunder Spell. Plus it would glitch and cause Thunder to keep working as you walked around throughout the area you casted it in instead of just on the one screen, haha.

Finally, I have a file going on in Wind Waker. I haven't went back to it in awhile, but I do know the last thing I completed was collecting the Iron Boots and Power Bracelet. Anyone ever make much use of the Tingle Tuner? I've had it hooked up this entire run so far. It's ok, I suppose. It's kind of nice for different things like running in the air and whatnot.
Redmage1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 06:36 PM   #147
animal
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redmage1987 View Post

Been doing a lot of Zelda myself lately. I apparently had a lot of files started, but not finished. I just finished Quest 1 in the original The Legend of Zelda on my 3DS this morning.

I also completed the last Hero's Trial on the anniversary edition of Four Swords today. I completed them before on my DSi, but then I transfered everything to my 3DS and I had to do everything all over again. Those are some of the most difficult things to complete in any Zelda, in my opinion.

I finished Majora's Mask today as well. I'm still playing it some though, since I'm helping a friend of mine find the rest of the Heart Pieces he needs. Right now I think Majora's Mask is my favorite of all the 3D Zeldas.

I also finished Phantom Hourglass today too. I originally started this file so I could play through it with the same friend that I'm playing Majora's Mask with. I was hoping to do some of the Wi-Fi stuff, like trading ship parts and battling. His internet and DS' don't get along though, and so we don't do Wi-Fi anymore. Oh well though, it was nice to go through this game again. I'm not quite done with the file I'm doing right now though, I still have some ship parts left to get, but that's it. I'll just check Beetle's Shop each day until I have one of every ship part.

Also did another run of A Link to the Past today. I know that game better than any other Zelda. It was the first I ever owned and beat, so it was nice to do another run of it. Can't wait for A Link to the Past 2!

I apparently had 2 playthroughs going on in The Adventure of Link. One on my Wii and one on my 3DS. I beat the file on my 3DS this morning. Good game, in my opinion. This game is kind of like Mega Man to me, I guess. Not the gameplay or anything like that, but because a lot of people say it's really hard, but I've never really had much trouble with it. Although I did love using that Game Genie code as a kid that turned the Shield Spell into the Thunder Spell. Plus it would glitch and cause Thunder to keep working as you walked around throughout the area you casted it in instead of just on the one screen, haha.

Finally, I have a file going on in Wind Waker. I haven't went back to it in awhile, but I do know the last thing I completed was collecting the Iron Boots and Power Bracelet. Anyone ever make much use of the Tingle Tuner? I've had it hooked up this entire run so far. It's ok, I suppose. It's kind of nice for different things like running in the air and whatnot.
No I have not hmm thats pretty cool
Old 05-09-2013, 07:08 PM   #148
snake
Disgusting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redmage1987 View Post

Never noticed! Neat!
snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 08:18 PM   #149
GK Punk
I'm your Devil

I've been really obsessed with Zelda Classic and all the custom quests again lately. I haven't used the program in years but decided to check it out again recently. I love playing all the fan made NES style Zelda quests.

I also finally got my copy of the Hyrule Historia.
GK Punk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 12:08 AM   #150
Luke795
Hench Mutant

This is one of my favorite video series. I really only like the 2D games. I have played some of the 3D Zelda games, but have never beaten them.
Luke795 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 12:11 AM   #151
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke795 View Post
This is one of my favorite video series. I really only like the 2D games. I have played some of the 3D Zelda games, but have never beaten them.
Déjà vu
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 03:59 PM   #152
Luke795
Hench Mutant

I also like the DIC Legend Of Zelda cartoon.
Luke795 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 04:49 PM   #153
Powder
So tired of this place

Nobody cares. Stop bumping threads with your mindless statements.

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 04:59 PM   #154
tmnt transformer
Stone Warrior

In recent times, I've been playing ALttp Vc on my wii. I'm currently trying to finally beat the boss of the skull woods dungeon. Also I've obsessed with fan stories of what happens after 3 games in particular,( OoT/MM, SS, & PH) Some of the storys, are kind of.... well,.. different.... like this...http://ask-sky-family.tumblr.com/pos...-4-first-birth I don't understand why though...

This Picture was drawn by BeagleTsuin from deviantart.

http://https://gleam.io/6dHF3/itam-x-el-june-xbox-giveawayle.php?id=288262&ref=288262"]http://www.vizzed.com/boards/profile.php?id=288262&ref=288262[/URL]

tmnt transformer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 03:10 AM   #155
Whatswiththeheadbands?
The Weed of Crime

Is it safe to post here?

Anyway, I am a really big Legend of Zelda fan. I'm even working on my own fangame for yoyogames (which is a indie game website)

My favorite Zelda game is a tie between Ocarina of time and twilight princess. i haven't played the new game, but I'm getting it for Christmas.
Old 12-17-2013, 05:12 AM   #156
Technogeek29
Mad Scientist

I was always terrified of Zelda games as a lad, but not of Metroid which is wierd since that has more of an horror esque theme to it. Couldn't really explain it just was. I'm slowly getting over it however...
Old 02-02-2014, 03:34 PM   #157
tmnt transformer
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by whatswiththeheadbands? View Post
Is it safe to post here?

Anyway, I am a really big Legend of Zelda fan. I'm even working on my own fangame for yoyogames (which is a indie game website)

My favorite Zelda game is a tie between Ocarina of time and twilight princess. i haven't played the new game, but I'm getting it for Christmas.
What do you think of it so far? I loved it!

http://https://gleam.io/6dHF3/itam-x-el-june-xbox-giveawayle.php?id=288262&ref=288262"]http://www.vizzed.com/boards/profile.php?id=288262&ref=288262[/URL]

Old 02-07-2014, 01:46 PM   #158
Whatswiththeheadbands?
The Weed of Crime

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmnt transformer View Post
What do you think of it so far? I loved it!
I'm really liking it so far. I haven't played much of it though.
Old 02-07-2014, 02:11 PM   #159
tmnt transformer
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by whatswiththeheadbands? View Post
I'm really liking it so far. I haven't played much of it though.
Its a must complete game... its one of the best zelda games ever...

Old 03-18-2014, 08:33 PM   #160
Hyderette
Mouser

Unfortunately i missed out on most of the series. All I've beaten were OoT and MM. I did have Oracle of Seasons for the GBC but I sold it before I could beat it.