The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Movie Discussion > Platinum Dunes TMNT Movie Discussion

Notices

View Poll Results: Should there be a female Turtles movie?
Of course! 11 13.10%
Yes 3 3.57%
No 28 33.33%
That's the worst thing ever 42 50.00%
Voters: 84. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-11-2016, 08:44 PM   #21
Etsyturtle2
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by snake View Post
Raph's should be bigger if they were going for that. But holy sh*t did they overload on the hips.
Yeah. Just a bit bigger than Mikey's

Wish Donnie got some more love.

Edit: Yes I now own my own page!
Etsyturtle2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2016, 09:07 PM   #22
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
Realistically speaking... I'd rather a big alien turtle-like baddie who happens to be a girl and working for Krang. Like a big ass-kicking female Slash** of sorts, who easily gives our boys a run for their money. Go all out with the gnarly-looking alien turtle thing as far as design goes... not a Hollywood pinup design. Enough so that one of our Turtles by default says "he," and this alien pauses and glares at him saying, "Who you calling he?"
I like that idea. I mean, I'd rather have Slash just because preexisting character, but that's a GREAT idea.
Old 07-11-2016, 09:42 PM   #23
Spike Spiegel
See You Next Mission

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
No... don't go Ghostbustering my Turtles.

Realistically speaking... I'd rather a big alien turtle-like baddie who happens to be a girl and working for Krang. Like a big ass-kicking female Slash** of sorts, who easily gives our boys a run for their money. Go all out with the gnarly-looking alien turtle thing as far as design goes... not a Hollywood pinup design. Enough so that one of our Turtles by default says "he," and this alien pauses and glares at him saying, "Who you calling he?"

And leave any gender signifiers at just that (alongside a good voice, but use a woman with a deeper, strong tone, sort of like a female Nick Slash and suggests "evil alien" well enough) - NO alien/reptile boobs, etc.

**Inspired by Slash only, not just some genderbent version.

I kinda went to see this now. The writers need to look at fan ideas to pull bits if ideas from... they'd get better stories.
Your pitch reminds me of a recent Image Comics reboot of a 90s cheesecake character called Glory:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cryomancer View Post
Mirage [is]...a comic about life and how life and the people closest to you just absolutely suck sometimes. It's "adult" in a very real sense, in that it deals with heavy themes that resonate more with adults, not that it's full of blood and titties or whatever.
Quote:
Originally Posted by d_osborn View Post
[TMNT 1990 director Steve] Barron recognized the early Mirage issues as perfect storyboards. It's a shame no other filmmaker has.
Spike Spiegel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2016, 10:41 PM   #24
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSkeletonMan939 View Post
God dammit they've even got camel toes
Come for the ninja action, stay for the camel toe.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2016, 02:36 AM   #25
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing

Quote:
OT style mutation, they mutate from baby turtles into adult turtle-human hybrids and their tits grow under the plastron and crush their organs. Well ****, movie over.
Oh man. Now I'm envisioning a short movie ala Birth of Sandman in Spider-Man 3, only a turtle turning into a cheesecake furry (scaly I guess). But she dies at the end.

It's all like "omg it's kinda hot, am I weird, what is this? O HOLY **** her chest crushed her lungs!"
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2016, 02:55 AM   #26
Cryomancer
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candy Kappa View Post
Oh man. Now I'm envisioning a short movie ala Birth of Sandman in Spider-Man 3, only a turtle turning into a cheesecake furry (scaly I guess). But she dies at the end.

It's all like "omg it's kinda hot, am I weird, what is this? O HOLY **** her chest crushed her lungs!"
It could make for an intense body horror scene in a movie, where the mutant would either have to die from it or break their own plastron off violently. But that **** is never gonna happen in a TMNT film, haha.

Final Boss of translation group Opentrain.
We do videogame comics and TMNT stuff.
http://opentrain.theyear199x.org/
Cryomancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2016, 07:12 PM   #27
Spike Spiegel
See You Next Mission

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candy Kappa View Post

For some reason this made me think of the abortion scene from Prometheus.

Quote:
Mirage [is]...a comic about life and how life and the people closest to you just absolutely suck sometimes. It's "adult" in a very real sense, in that it deals with heavy themes that resonate more with adults, not that it's full of blood and titties or whatever.
Quote:
Originally Posted by d_osborn View Post
[TMNT 1990 director Steve] Barron recognized the early Mirage issues as perfect storyboards. It's a shame no other filmmaker has.
Spike Spiegel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2016, 09:17 PM   #28
retr0pia75
Foot Soldier

SPOILER: Shredder gets defeated by Donatello throwing her bo directly at his crotch.
retr0pia75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2016, 09:52 PM   #29
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by retr0pia75 View Post
SPOILER: Shredder gets defeated by Donatello throwing her bo directly at his crotch.

Someone forgot his heavy robo-suit.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2016, 09:55 PM   #30
Etsyturtle2
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by retr0pia75 View Post
Bhostgusters reference
Old 07-12-2016, 11:03 PM   #31
snake
Disgusting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Etsyturtle2 View Post
Bhostgusters reference
We know, f*ckface
snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2016, 07:04 AM   #32
Etsyturtle2
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by snake View Post
We know, f*ckface
I'm sorry daddy.
Old 08-02-2016, 12:41 PM   #33
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Old 08-02-2016, 12:47 PM   #34
plastroncafe
PerfectlyTunedFightEngine

Yeah, not for me.
So your wants and needs as a fan should outweigh everyone else's?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabacooza View Post
There's no sense catering just to one demographic which is idiotic.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegita-San View Post
just ignore what you don't like rather than obsessing over it and move on with your life.
plastroncafe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2016, 02:37 PM   #35
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

...a jump rope? That better be either a razor edged jump rope or she's simply not old enough to have her own weapon and go out patrolling with the big girls.

Meh, just give me my boys. If no one had ever heard of TMNT before then the idea of a group of sisters in that kind of series would be cool. But I'm not too big of a fan of taking existing characters or whatnot and doing a "girl version" instead of the girls getting original cool stuff (that isn't stereotypical) of their own.

At best, I could potentially be okay with something more along the lines of what I wish they'd done with the new Ghostbusters and made a continuation, instead of a reboot, where the characters are instead the daughters of the original cast. Obviously though with the Turtles there is a problem in justifying that. Plus I'd miss the focus on them.

I might prefer a group of teen sisters that adult Turtles took under their wing when they're 30s+ and trained them. You wanna mutate one or two of them into something (preferably non-Turtle) at some point, go for it. Then the Turtles can guide them through that, too; being all uncle/dad-like to these kids.
Old 08-11-2016, 08:19 AM   #36
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic

No I wouldn't want this at all. Leave the Turtles as they are. It's bad enough they brought Venus in and messed that up. Hasn't Bay done enough damage to TMNT? Just leave them alone.

"Embrace your inner a**holiness."-Mr. Anderson.
BubblyShell22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2016, 10:31 AM   #37
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Hey, side note... whatever happened to talk of "The Expendabelles," the female version of the Expendables? I haven't heard any talk about it in quite some time. Do you think that the Ghostbusters remake flopping has killed it? I was going to post this in the "Female Ghostbusters remake" thread but it looks like it was locked.
Old 09-12-2016, 11:01 AM   #38
ticktack
Foot Soldier

I won't mind, it's just if you're going to make one this time ... and from now on make it with utter respect: design, writing, adressing some social issues on a mutant, freak, teenage, ninja ("ninjas don't show emotion"), female part, living asocial in the sewers(girls won't like it), animal rights & stereotypes etc. [edit] Don't make them appear then be erased in the franchise just because there are female turtles existing, being created.[end of editing]
I don't want a movie on female turtles that made crappily just for the sake of viewership and asks/requests. Just don't make a movie then.

Last edited by ticktack; 09-12-2016 at 11:15 AM.
ticktack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2016, 12:19 PM   #39
WebLurker
Hench Mutant

Unlike the Ghostbusters movie, I don't think that a female TMNT movie would work. Ghostbusters is heavily tied to the premise of people that go and capture ghosts. That's a premise that you could plug any batch of characters into and make it work. So, the female reboot was within the boundaries of what could be done with their franchise. (I have yet to see the movie, so I can't say whether it was a good movie or not, but the critics seemed to think it wasn't half-bad, so I'm inclined to assume that the fan hatred had more to do with nostalgia for the original than the actual quality of the movie.)

TMNT is tied into the specific characters, so having new characters try and do the same thing looses the point of the story. It's not about characters fighting crime and aliens, it's about these very specific characters doing that.
Old 10-16-2016, 03:17 PM   #40
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

I'd also very much miss our boys. I'm all for girl power and all that, but the viewer relationship (for lack of a better word) with the characters just wouldn't be the same for me.

Nor am I much of a fan of doing "female versions" of existing stuff rather than giving a bunch of girls an original film that is equally as cool. That's getting kinda old. (I wish someone would write a really good film using entirely gender neutral names for the main characters, go ahead and think in terms of them being guys if it helps the script avoid falling into chick flick stereotypes...then cast some of them as women.)

If they brought in a female turtle, say for an unlikely 3rd Bay film, I'd still much rather they make her some new evil turtle-like alien villain for our guys to fight against. Make her sorta like Slash... alien like '87 Slash (but a recruit of Krang's), and big and gnarly looking like 2012, but more-so; far more animalistic in look and behavior compared to our moderately human-like guys.