The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > Announcement Forums > The Technodrome News

Notices

Old 03-25-2007, 10:27 PM   #1
Shredder
Admin/Layton Apprentice

TMNT Movie is #1 at the Box Office!

As you probably already heard, the new TMNT film topped the box office in its opening weekend! The movie drew in an estimated $25.45 million in ticket sales, thanks to fans like us who saw it this weekend! Here's hoping that it continues to do well in theaters and pave the way for a possible sequel
Spoiler:
(hopefully with Shredder? )

Source: http://movies.yahoo.com/mv/news/ap/2...BeCmxvOnVfVXcA

"Well, actually, I always wanted to be a writer. Being a ruthless conqueror was my second choice." --Shredder, Take Me to Your Leader
Shredder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2007, 10:32 PM   #2
Shark
Stone Warrior

Location: In my Wii, playing with my Wii. Playing with TMNT on the Wii. Wii Play TMNT WEEE!!!
Was there ever any doubt? ^^

And my unhealthy obsession for Karai continues...I need therapy...

Enter: Shadow Assassin RP has just started, and still open for new people.
Favorite Sloganizer Quotes: "I quit smokeing with Karai.", "Karai on the outside, tasty on the inside." and "I'd sleep with Karai." Man that Sloganizer can be pretty perverted O.o
Shark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2007, 11:25 PM   #3
Ra
It's my desire?

OH YEAH! I knew it was going to happen anyway, but I can't help but feel so happy! *dances wildly* It's great to know that the turtles are still loved by many today!

"So. The whole lot of you against little old me? How retarded."
Ra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2007, 11:36 PM   #4
Revan
Han Shot First

I'm sure many of the people who went were OT fans. If they were disappointed with the new tone, what does that mean for this week's sales?
Old 03-26-2007, 12:01 AM   #5
iris
moddy mod mod

Eh... most old toon fans have NO IDEA the new toon exists, so I wouldn't worry about that!

I do wonder how many people were surprised to see "Ninja Turtles" on the marquee and decided to see it out of sheer curiosity.
iris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 12:05 AM   #6
LogicDonny
Banned

this is excellent news.

there are probably still fans here who hasn't seen it like me. I will be seeing it tomorrow night! Can't wait.
LogicDonny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 07:17 AM   #7
Jo Dawn
Inactive Moderator

Woo hoo!

And, yes... Excellent news. I know there are alot of people I know who couldn't get out this weekend, who are going to go soon.

Um, anyone notice that this beat the opening weekend of all three old movies? Even the original?

Congratulations, Kevin and crew! We love ya!
Old 03-26-2007, 08:15 AM   #8
Tinuvielsdreams
Nothing without passion

Hearing that in the news on the radio this morning was the best thing ever!
Congrats TMNT!!!!!!!
Tinuvielsdreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 03:32 PM   #9
Spike Spiegel
See You Next Mission

Woot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cryomancer View Post
Mirage [is]...a comic about life and how life and the people closest to you just absolutely suck sometimes. It's "adult" in a very real sense, in that it deals with heavy themes that resonate more with adults, not that it's full of blood and titties or whatever.
Quote:
Originally Posted by d_osborn View Post
[TMNT 1990 director Steve] Barron recognized the early Mirage issues as perfect storyboards. It's a shame no other filmmaker has.
Spike Spiegel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 11:13 PM   #10
lilraph
Thug

its amazing how many tv and radio stations are like " an amazing turn of events at the box office" or "out of nowhere". Come on people. Turtles are the movie standards by which all other movies should be measured.
Ok that's a bit much but the shell with it
Old 03-27-2007, 10:59 AM   #11
Daunt
Foot Soldier

As an old-school fan, I wasn't expecting to like it. I was actually expecting to be sincerely disappointed! But wow, it blew my mind. It had everything that I loved about the old comic & TV show.

So from an old schooler's perspective it seriously rocked, even with the changes. (thank you god for not making April a reporter, she was SO obnoxious as a reporter. )

I'm excited it's doing so well in the theaters! I hope that means the sequel is in order...
Daunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 05:54 PM   #12
LogicDonny
Banned

I was very impressed with the movie.. it made me forget there was a 3rd. this should have been the 3rd one. despite the shortness of the movie which should have kept all footage in and changes here and there, the movie was fantastic. the cgi made the turtles look so good.
LogicDonny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 07:54 PM   #13
METALHEAD
Stone Warrior

Talking

As a texan i can honestly say.....YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEHHHHHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!! !!!!!!! we might just get a sequeal guys and ghouls! yesyesyesyesyes!!! this is awsome!
METALHEAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 11:22 PM   #14
MrOldSchool
Thug

I must be one of the people who made this possible, because I saw it on Friday, March 23rd, when it opened!
MrOldSchool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 08:37 AM   #15
slkblaze
Foot Soldier

I saw it opening day too .
It's AMAZING how much money it's pulling in in the box office!! I'm so pround of TMNT *wipes tear*.
I felt that the movie was building up for a major sequel though, did anyone get that? Like, the next one is gonna have Shredder or something (yay Shredder!). Anywho, I'm pretty sure we should keep our eyes open for TMNT2 or something !

A friend and I also made costumes... they're nowhere NEAR that one guys thread where he spend like thousands of dollars to make a mold. We're talking green spandex here... broke fans REPRESENT!

http://slkblaze.deviantart.com/
slkblaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007, 12:41 PM   #16
SassyGal
Mad Scientist

I totally got the whole sequel vibe and my gal pal and I are agreed that it should so have Shredder in it!! (yay Shredder!!!!). I am so excited at the idea of my fav baddie returning to the story!!!
SassyGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007, 03:45 PM   #17
Spike Spiegel
See You Next Mission

I just want to see the film.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cryomancer View Post
Mirage [is]...a comic about life and how life and the people closest to you just absolutely suck sometimes. It's "adult" in a very real sense, in that it deals with heavy themes that resonate more with adults, not that it's full of blood and titties or whatever.
Quote:
Originally Posted by d_osborn View Post
[TMNT 1990 director Steve] Barron recognized the early Mirage issues as perfect storyboards. It's a shame no other filmmaker has.
Spike Spiegel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007, 04:06 PM   #18
slkblaze
Foot Soldier

Are ya crazy! Go see it! Now!

And even though TMNT came out less than a week ago, I'm already craving a sequel XD!

http://slkblaze.deviantart.com/
slkblaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007, 10:03 PM   #19
wulance
New Recruit

i think it's great also. the best stuff stands the test of time, which is why you see stuff like the turtles and transformers still making noise two decades later.
wulance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2007, 11:56 AM   #20
tilallr1
Foot Soldier

Aw shell. It went down this last weekend to only 9mil grossed. Bringing it to a total of $38mil. Hopefully easter weekend will bring it back up. But I really, really doubt it will make a 100mil at this point however. So I guess chances of a sequel are slim. But DVD sales/rental may bring it back up. Everyone I've talked to said they are waiting for it to go to DVD ... so ... ya never know.