The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Everything Else

Notices

Old 02-25-2017, 10:03 PM   #81
CyberCubed
Overlord

25 is actually considered "late," a lot of people already have kids in their early 20's.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2017, 10:07 PM   #82
Prowler
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
25 is actually considered "late," a lot of people already have kids in their early 20's.
Including well educated middle and upper middle class people?

Yeah no offence Cubed, but I find it a bit hard to believe that 25 is considered "late" to get married and have kids in this day and age in a Western nation. If you lived in rural Kentucky or so I'd believe you but you live in NYC. I'm more inclined to believe that city has lots of career driven people who are still single in their 30s.
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2017, 10:30 PM   #83
CyberCubed
Overlord

That's how it is, or how it used to be. It is true that today's younger generation doesn't get married or have kids young anymore, but that's speaking for the people in their early 20's right now.

People born in the 80's like my generation still adhere to the old standards. Maybe mid 90's kids are a bit different. Obviously someone born in the year 2000 is only 17 right now at most.
Old 02-25-2017, 11:30 PM   #84
ssjup81
Foot Elite

That's not the case these days. More people are getting married and settling down in their 30s. The generations before ours, it was more common, but more people are going to school and focusing on careers now.

For me, the only people that worried about me becoming an "old maid" were those of my grandmother's generation.
ssjup81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2017, 11:48 PM   #85
CyberCubed
Overlord

I would say for the kids born in the 90's it's true, but I know a lot of 80's kids still feel the same way as their parents. Get married and have kids young, etc.

It's weird, us 80's kids are sort of inbetween generations. We're not part of the old crowd yet but we're not young and hip like the 90's generation. So we're like a cross-gen scenario.
Old 02-26-2017, 08:18 AM   #86
Prowler
Emperor

You're only five years older than me, man. It's not like there's a huge generational gap between you and me.

"I'm so ooooooold!" - CyberCubed

Old 02-26-2017, 11:30 AM   #87
CyberCubed
Overlord

There's a huge difference between 80's kids and 90's kids. 80's kids grew up with the NES, know about the initial wave of Turtlemania, grew up with 80's movies like Terminator, Arnold Scwarzenegger, Rocky, Rambo, Aliens, Ghostbusters, etc, and still remembers VHS tapes and when cable first came out and when we had no cell phones.

90's kids remember some of this too, but not as much.

Last edited by CyberCubed; 02-26-2017 at 11:45 AM.
Old 02-26-2017, 12:32 PM   #88
Prowler
Emperor

Quote:
There's a huge difference between 80's kids and 90's kids. 80's kids grew up with the NES, know about the initial wave of Turtlemania, grew up with 80's movies like Terminator, Arnold Scwarzenegger, Rocky, Rambo, Aliens, Ghostbusters, etc, and still remembers VHS tapes and when cable first came out and when we had no cell phones.

90's kids remember some of this too, but not as much.
"80s kids"
"90s kids"

You were born in 1985. What do you even remember of the 80s? The TMNT cartoon debuted in 1987 or so. What was the first episode you even watched? One from season 4?

I have an older brother(born in 1983) so I also grew up with the NES, the first ever game Boy and the 87 Turtles(reruns on cable TV here in the late 90s/early 2000s).

I remember VHS tapes and having no cellphones or internet quite well. And no, the first game I bought was not in CD format. Also my family didn't get cable tv until 1998 or so. And we only got internet around 2000-2001.

Growing up with movies like Rambo and Terminator? And you were allowed to watch those movies as an elementary school kid? Also, Cyber, the first ever Rambo movie came out in 1982 and the first ever Terminator film came out in 1985... the year you were born. You didn't watch those movies at the cinema. And even if you had been 7-8 years old at the time they came out, it's not like your parents would take you to the cinema to watch them. Come on now, you've watched those movies several years after they came out on VHS or on TV like I did.

Also, you seem to like lots of things associate with "90s kids" such as Pokémon and all those superhero cartoons and those shounen anime that were popular in the West back in the late 90s/early 2000s.

Sure, there are some differences. You watched some cartoons I didn't get the chance to watch and such but you talk like there's a huge generational gap between you and I.

Also being born in 1990, I don't remember anything before 1996 or so. So you won't see me claiming to be an expert on what being a "90s kid" is.
Old 02-26-2017, 04:18 PM   #89
CyberCubed
Overlord

I saw the OT when I was 3 or so, sometime in 1988 I guess. I got an NES with Mario 1 around the same time.

Even if you don't remember the years because you were a baby or little kid, you're still representative of the era. It's true, that I know more of my childhood in the 90's than 80's because well...I was only 5 years old at the most in the 80's.
Old 02-26-2017, 04:46 PM   #90
ssjup81
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowler View Post
"80s kids"
"90s kids"

You were born in 1985. What do you even remember of the 80s? The TMNT cartoon debuted in 1987 or so. What was the first episode you even watched? One from season 4?

I have an older brother(born in 1983) so I also grew up with the NES, the first ever game Boy and the 87 Turtles(reruns on cable TV here in the late 90s/early 2000s).

I remember VHS tapes and having no cellphones or internet quite well. And no, the first game I bought was not in CD format. Also my family didn't get cable tv until 1998 or so. And we only got internet around 2000-2001.

Growing up with movies like Rambo and Terminator? And you were allowed to watch those movies as an elementary school kid? Also, Cyber, the first ever Rambo movie came out in 1982 and the first ever Terminator film came out in 1985... the year you were born. You didn't watch those movies at the cinema. And even if you had been 7-8 years old at the time they came out, it's not like your parents would take you to the cinema to watch them. Come on now, you've watched those movies several years after they came out on VHS or on TV like I did.

Also, you seem to like lots of things associate with "90s kids" such as Pokémon and all those superhero cartoons and those shounen anime that were popular in the West back in the late 90s/early 2000s.

Sure, there are some differences. You watched some cartoons I didn't get the chance to watch and such but you talk like there's a huge generational gap between you and I.

Also being born in 1990, I don't remember anything before 1996 or so. So you won't see me claiming to be an expert on what being a "90s kid" is.
I'm older than both of you....I was not allowed to watch those films. ^^ I saw them as a teen.
Old 02-26-2017, 04:48 PM   #91
CyberCubed
Overlord

Growing up I was allowed to watch everything that was violent as possible as long as it didn't have any nudity. So people getting shot to hell with bullets, limbs flying everywhere, blood all over the floor and people getting stabbed was ok. But if one breast was shown I wasn't allowed to watch it.

Of course by the time I was around 13ish or so I was allowed to watch whatever I wanted, but by then it didn't make much a difference.
Old 02-26-2017, 05:06 PM   #92
ssjup81
Foot Elite

Quote:
Growing up I was allowed to watch everything that was violent as possible as long as it didn't have any nudity. So people getting shot to hell with bullets, limbs flying everywhere, blood all over the floor and people getting stabbed was ok. But if one breast was shown I wasn't allowed to watch it.

Of course by the time I was around 13ish or so I was allowed to watch whatever I wanted, but by then it didn't make much a difference.
My mother was strict on ratings. I couldn't even see Tim Burton's Batman until my mother saw it first. She and my aunt went. The handbuzzer scene was the deal breaker for my cousin and me. We saw it later after it got to video.

My father took me to see K9 and my mother scolded my father. So my watching of stuff was a tad limited in the 80s because of my age.
Old 02-26-2017, 05:30 PM   #93
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy

Condemning the current year for its celebrity deaths....wait....

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2017, 05:35 PM   #94
Prowler
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssjup81 View Post
I'm older than both of you....I was not allowed to watch those films. ^^ I saw them as a teen.
I wasn't allowed to watch very violent movies when I was a little kid either.
Quote:

I think only around 14 or so was when my mother didn't care about me watching violence and nudity on TV anymore. She also bought my brother Mortal Kombat 3 when he was 14 or so.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
Condemning the current year for its celebrity deaths....wait....
2007 celebrity deaths... Chris Benoit yikes.
Old 02-26-2017, 08:32 PM   #95
Storm Eagle
Saved by

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssjup81 View Post
My mother was strict on ratings.
So was mine. I can't believe she didn't do her research on RoboCop, which my father wanted to take me to see, and I wasn't even interested in seeing. She thought it would be like Transformers.
Storm Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2017, 08:42 PM   #96
ToTheNines
[sic]

Mine were strict as hell too, as far as movies and tv went. And I turned out to be a huge pervert, cuss like a sailor, love gay people and experiment with drugs.

Shoulda let me watch Titanic like all the other second graders, assholes!
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2017, 08:57 PM   #97
Cure
Y'all need Jesus

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToTheNines View Post
Mine were strict as hell too, as far as movies and tv went. And I turned out to be a huge pervert, cuss like a sailor, love gay people and experiment with drugs.

Shoulda let me watch Titanic like all the other second graders, assholes!
Eh, I dunno. My parents let me watch whatevs and I still kinda turned out like you. Minus the drugs.
Cure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2017, 09:13 PM   #98
CyberCubed
Overlord

I've never done drugs, don't see why people bother when you know it'll screw you over.
Old 02-27-2017, 03:35 AM   #99
ToTheNines
[sic]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cure View Post
Eh, I dunno. My parents let me watch whatevs and I still kinda turned out like you. Minus the drugs.
I just meant it happened despite their efforts, not because of them.

Quote:
I've never done drugs, don't see why people bother when you know it'll screw you over.
What does that even mean?
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2017, 04:32 AM   #100
***First of Two Latin Kings***
Will not be censored

I think he is saying he doesn't understand why people still do drugs despite all the knowledge of the consequences that we have now.
I can hear it now: "I'm sorry little April, I told you that if you didn't take good care of them I'd be taking them away. Now they are going to the lab to be abused for experimentation" (You could almost rewrite this as April caused the fire to get back at her father over it...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCanadiandrome View Post
Powder I'd not defend him, that's just how he gets

International shipping assistance: DARTHCJJ@GMAIL.COM
***First of Two Latin Kings*** is offline   Reply With Quote