The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 01-23-2018, 04:21 PM   #15781
sdp
Megan Fox = April

I read a lot about how Raw 25 sucked. I only watched the highlights WWE uploaded on youtube but I had a blast with them, granted it was all fan service returns for a few seconds each and no actual matches but I easily spent like 30 minutes watching all the different clips and was entertained.

Sure, it may just be Stone Cold giving the stunner to Vince once again and stuff like that but it's cool and filled the nostalgia I wanted. It's also weird seeing all these wrestlers so old now, I mean I know time has passed but it feels weird how many of them look as old as when those old legends used to show up when I watched WWF as a kid and i just ignored but now it's the guys I knew who are there
sdp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2018, 05:47 PM   #15782
The Deadman
Foot Elite

Enzo's put out a statement via his lawyer

https://twitter.com/real1/status/955955140896460801

Last Movie Watched: Hell House LLC (2015).
Last TV Show Watched: Adventures of Sonic The Hedgehog (S1:E29).
The Deadman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2018, 09:59 PM   #15783
dl316bh
Stone Warrior

Gotta say, I feel really bad for the people who paid ridiculous money to hang out in the Manhattan Center to watch stuff happen in Barclays on a screen. They got, like, two televised matches, a couple sub two minute cruiserweight matches between commercial breaks at the Barclays and less than a half an hour out of three actually focused on it. WWE spent money making a ridiculously accurate set for the original Raws and did almost nothing there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post
I read a lot about how Raw 25 sucked. I only watched the highlights WWE uploaded on youtube but I had a blast with them, granted it was all fan service returns for a few seconds each and no actual matches but I easily spent like 30 minutes watching all the different clips and was entertained.

Sure, it may just be Stone Cold giving the stunner to Vince once again and stuff like that but it's cool and filled the nostalgia I wanted. It's also weird seeing all these wrestlers so old now, I mean I know time has passed but it feels weird how many of them look as old as when those old legends used to show up when I watched WWF as a kid and i just ignored but now it's the guys I knew who are there
I wouldn't say it sucked or that it was good. It was what I expected. Going by Raw 20 and the one thousandth episode specials, I expected most of the runtime to be taken up by a lot of wink wink nudge nudge segments with wrestlers from the past and not much substance in the way of ongoing stories. There's usually advancement on one major one at these things, but everything else is mainly fluff. That's pretty much what we got.

Once you let go and just accept that, it's not so bad to chuckle at some of the nostalgia. It was cool seeing Stone Cold stun the McMahons again (and honestly, it reminds me that Vince McMahon plays a better villain than ninety percent of heels have ever managed), we got a somewhat formal passing of the "too sweet" and other assorted segments. Some were good but went on for too long; the APA stuff got some chuckles out of me, but got, like, four or five segments total and could have done with three. The best parts were the Million Dollar Man throwing into the card game and ultimately winning, because you can't beat Ted DiBiase. Other than that, the point was Heath had bad luck, resorted to cheating and it led to a match. It didn't need as many segments as it got.

Miz vs Reigns was fire, though.
Old 01-24-2018, 09:42 AM   #15784
ZariusTwo
Overlord

WWE had Daniel Bryan officially announce Enzo's departure, and that there will be a new General Manager for 205 Live who will address the vacated title situation.

https://twitter.com/WWE/status/95600...2Fnode%2F59998
ZariusTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2018, 08:45 PM   #15785
dl316bh
Stone Warrior

http://www.lordsofpain.net/news/wwe/...cusations.html

It was easy to guess before, but yeah, Enzo got fired because he hid the allegations from WWE and they had to find out by being questioned about it. One one of their biggest media days, leading up to Raw 25. They were pissed. With all the other problems Enzo caused, this was the last straw and they just cut bait, because the guy's been more trouble than a boon for them at this point.

Quote:
WWE had Daniel Bryan officially announce Enzo's departure, and that there will be a new General Manager for 205 Live who will address the vacated title situation.
I almost expected some kind of push off on a decision. The firing happened the day before. They haven't even really had time to come up with something.

Standard issue protocol would be a tournament, but that's if they want to do one after Smackdown just did. But that was on Smackdown so... maybe.
Old 01-25-2018, 06:55 AM   #15786
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Early plans are for Miz to face Braun at 'Mania

http://rajah.com/node/60025
Old 01-25-2018, 11:38 AM   #15787
dl316bh
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZariusTwo View Post
Early plans are for Miz to face Braun at 'Mania

http://rajah.com/node/60025
I'd rather the man win the Universal title, but if Vince needs to fail with Roman one more time - crowds have started turning on him again after the Shield reunion fell apart, I noticed - the IC title's a nice stopgap. It'll be good to get a solid payoff for the earlier Miz vs Braun stuff, which got a bit sidetracked because of Kane.
Old 01-25-2018, 01:39 PM   #15789
dl316bh
Stone Warrior

Here we go again, I guess. Vince is probably hoping all that "NFL boycott" talk wasn't just hot air and that might help boost him this time, at least close to a place where you break even. Because why the hell would you throw money at something you tried before and were forced to admit was a "colossal failure" otherwise?
Old 01-25-2018, 01:42 PM   #15790
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by dl316bh View Post
Here we go again, I guess. Vince is probably hoping all that "NFL boycott" talk wasn't just hot air and that might help boost him this time, at least close to a place where you break even. Because why the hell would you throw money at something you tried before and were forced to admit was a "colossal failure" otherwise?
Vince always thought the XFL was a valid concept (at least he did on the Mcmahon DVD a decade ago), it's just everyone else was backing out of the deal once the ratings came in.
Old 01-25-2018, 01:56 PM   #15791
dl316bh
Stone Warrior

I guess he'll have to learn the lesson again, then, unless they figure it out this time. As I recall, part of the problem is that the game of football they played was a damn mess. Didn't the very first play end with a concussion?
Old 01-25-2018, 04:41 PM   #15792
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

https://twitter.com/totaldivaseps/st...32059757387776

Funny Gif on Twitter of Senile Vince Mcmahon saying Sitting and watching a three,three and a half hour game is laborious sometimes... regarding football but everyone is calling the tweet ironic and making fun of Raw being that length
Old 01-26-2018, 01:39 PM   #15793
ZariusTwo
Overlord

If there's any shot of Reigns headlining 'Mania, it could be dashed by potential evidence of his involvement in the steroid ring coming to light within the next week

http://www.wrestlinginc.com/wi/news/...-roman-reigns/
Old 01-26-2018, 01:46 PM   #15794
dl316bh
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZariusTwo View Post
If there's any shot of Reigns headlining 'Mania, it could be dashed by potential evidence of his involvement in the steroid ring coming to light within the next week

http://www.wrestlinginc.com/wi/news/...-roman-reigns/
I've been skeptical of the entire thing. Is there any chance this is at all legit?
Old 01-26-2018, 02:40 PM   #15795
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by dl316bh View Post
I've been skeptical of the entire thing. Is there any chance this is at all legit?
Depends if the text messages and dates/locations he's offering can be verified. Even so, this is apparently years ago so maybe WWE will assume it's all in the past and perhaps have Heymen address it in a promo?
Old 01-27-2018, 07:46 PM   #15796
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

WWEalerts‏ @WWEalerts

EC3 is at NXT Philly and introduced as “another new NXT signee”
Old 01-28-2018, 05:45 AM   #15797
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Kenny Omega dropped his U.S Title to Jay White and Cody kicked him out of the Bullet Club.
Old 01-28-2018, 07:15 AM   #15798
sdp
Megan Fox = April

That sucks, what I always liked about Power Rangers was that everything took place on the same earth. RPM could've been set in the real earth as well but they got lazy. Now they're doing it again and I'm guessing they'll continue to do it. because it's just easier to start a story without baggage and they don't have to worry about crossovers since they never explain sh-t and "oh he came through a wormhole or whatever".

It seems every new season more an more things I liked about Power Rangers are just no longer part of the franchise. This ranges from interesting seasons, to continuity etc.
sdp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2018, 09:11 AM   #15799
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post
That sucks, what I always liked about Power Rangers was that everything took place on the same earth. RPM could've been set in the real earth as well but they got lazy. Now they're doing it again and I'm guessing they'll continue to do it. because it's just easier to start a story without baggage and they don't have to worry about crossovers since they never explain sh-t and "oh he came through a wormhole or whatever".

It seems every new season more an more things I liked about Power Rangers are just no longer part of the franchise. This ranges from interesting seasons, to continuity etc.
Wrong thread, but well said
Old 01-28-2018, 11:55 AM   #15800
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Spoiler:
Bobby Lashley has signed with WWE and is in Philly tonight.

https://www.wrestlingnewsworld.com/b...ley-signs-wwe/

Tags
armbar#, silverdome brother, wrestling