The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Comic Discussion

Notices

Old 04-19-2018, 08:23 PM   #41
ChosenOne
Banned

Are we sure Leatherhead's back on Burnow? Feels like a waste of an arc to bring him to New York, he's much more interesting smack dab in the middle of everything (not that plenty doesn't happen on the island but you get my point).

As for Null, there needs to be something to look forward to after #100... The Archie version was one of that run's biggest villains and she has even more going on here. More than a fitting successor to Shredder, Krang, Kitsune and Bishop.
ChosenOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2018, 08:43 PM   #42
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

He took the portal that Kleve and Montuoro were supposed to go through with Krang, so that's why we think he's there.

But yeah, total agreement on his brief departure to New York being a waste of time.
Old 04-19-2018, 08:49 PM   #43
Powder
So tired of this place

Quote:
Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy View Post
This was a great issue. Really, really loved it. Can't wait for the conclusion! Donatello, Zom, and Mariell really have their hands/tentacles full...

Loved the backup, too... over the top, but fun.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChosenOne View Post
This is the kind of issue that makes me glad we have a second ongoing. Just perfect all around!
Well said!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Ch'rell probably won't wake up till post issue 100. The main series is dealing with the Patheon for the next few issues till issue 85, then we'll likely have more Bishop stuff (the attack on Burnow Island, probably?), and then lead back to the Patheon for the issue 100 finale.

Beyond that they'll probably cover Null in Universe and have Karai and Leatherhead return to the main series soon. There's just not much room for another rogue Utrom now.
Quote:
At this point, I'd be okay with Null waiting until after #100 as well.
Yeah, that's all fine with me. The book has a tendency to get crowded, so the pace for our course ahead seems just right!

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2018, 09:23 PM   #44
Redeemer
Technodrome Technician

Also I have to give props to the back-up issue, I still rather them just drop it to get the price down to 3.99, but the last two back up issues I have really enjoyed.
Redeemer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2018, 09:56 PM   #45
ChosenOne
Banned

Yes indeed, Woody's little wartime adventure was really fun and seemed to last longer on the page than the number of pages it lasted (if that makes sense ), which I'd say is the sign of a job well done!

(Is it weird if I say the art for the back-up reminded me of Calvin & Hobbes a tad? Almost like a cross between Watterson and Eastman.)
Old 04-20-2018, 01:45 AM   #46
neatoman
Emperor

The pizzaman we see handing off the pizzas to Woody, is Rupert? If so, this is the first time we've actually seen him, right?
Hahahaha!
neatoman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2018, 03:58 PM   #47
spookycookies
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by neatoman View Post
The pizzaman we see handing off the pizzas to Woody, is Rupert? If so, this is the first time we've actually seen him, right?
Yes if it’s Rupert he’s only been referenced to before.
spookycookies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2018, 04:32 PM   #48
DrSpengler
Foot Elite

Here's my full summary and review of TMNT Universe #21 at TMNT Entity.

"Invasion of the Triceratons" had such a hasty conclusion, it really needed this epilogue. So far, I'm enjoying it quite a bit and it might retroactively improve my opinion of the "Invasion" arc, though I don't want to get ahead of myself.

Also, good to see Torres again on art. I know he returned previously during TMNT/Ghostbusters 2, but Delgado's colors didn't really match his pencils/inks so I'd rather overlook that one and consider this to be his real comeback. Pattison got the mood of the colors right and they're a great blend. This is a very grim and intense arc, both in terms of script and artwork.
DrSpengler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2018, 05:11 PM   #49
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

In light of the use of using Utroms as fertilizer, I realized...why don't they just make Unity Field a burial ground? It's not like humans are already experimenting with "organic burial" to nurture plant life!
It's tricky, but it would be a pretty simple compromise. One problem is that it's so close to the shore that everything could get washed out in a storm. (Also, I'm pretty sure that's the location of Krang's "Simba Lift" scene)

Of course, it would be a neutral burial ground, Triceratons would just need a bigger hole in the ground.

Also, how was it not incredibly obvious that the Triceratons were using Utrom casualties as fertilizer? The whole population is wiped out and suddenly the land is prolific? It's a pretty easy connection.

It doesn't really take all that much though. I even figured it out as soon as Yot refused to tell Churk how they did it.
They put sapience, a sense of morality, and bipedalism in big dumb grazing muscle tanks and conquered space travel. I'm sure they could have figured it out easily enough.

Last edited by Utrommaniac; 04-24-2018 at 05:21 PM.
Utrommaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2018, 01:16 PM   #50
Zage
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by spookycookies View Post
Yes if it’s Rupert he’s only been referenced to before.
Is it just me, or does he kinda look like a pre-mutated version of the 90s toy version of Pizza Face

Dreadmon
Ninjara
Jagwar
Roadkill Rodney
Lt. Granitor
generic Stone Warrior/ Rock Soldier {preferably a 2-pack, one orangy brown, the other bluish grey}
Kid Terra
Bookwurm /w/ Innardo
Tora
Shogun

Do you ever wonder, if Baxter, as the fly, ever had the urge to eat poop?
Zage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2018, 08:59 AM   #51
***First of Two Latin Kings***
Will not be censored

Quote:
Leatherhead has probably figured out the use of Utroms as fertilizer himself by now.
Why? Is Leatherhead growing a garden with his own poo?
I can hear it now: "I'm sorry little April, I told you that if you didn't take good care of them I'd be taking them away. Now they are going to the lab to be abused for experimentation" (You could almost rewrite this as April caused the fire to get back at her father over it...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCanadiandrome View Post
Powder I'd not defend him, that's just how he gets

International shipping assistance: DARTHCJJ@GMAIL.COM
***First of Two Latin Kings*** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2018, 09:40 AM   #52
ChosenOne
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ***First of Two Latin Kings*** View Post
Why? Is Leatherhead growing a garden with his own poo?
Yay, someone who figured out what I was getting at!

Not necessarily a garden but I bet there's a particularly good-looking shrub in a corner of his sewer lair right about now... In a shade of pink!