The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 04-25-2012, 01:11 PM   #21
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candy Kappa View Post
Making the Light Saber a Sith weapon as well, not sure where it started
..With Darth Vader?

ZariusTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 01:14 PM   #22
SherlockJr
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZariusTwo View Post
..With Darth Vader?

I thought he had one because he was once a Jedi.

SherlockJr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 01:22 PM   #23
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZariusTwo View Post
..With Darth Vader?

Fallen Jedi, makes sense Vader got one, the Emperor didn't have one.

And this "Your Jedi weapon"

Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 01:24 PM   #24
ToTheNines
[sic]

Quote:
Originally Posted by SherlockJr View Post
I thought he had one because he was once a Jedi.
Jedi don't have red saber crystals though.
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 01:27 PM   #25
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing

ain't that a part of the new stuff?
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 01:30 PM   #26
SherlockJr
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToTheNines View Post
Jedi don't have red saber crystals though.
I didn't thing that was ever discussed until the prequels though.

SherlockJr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 01:36 PM   #27
ToTheNines
[sic]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candy Kappa View Post
ain't that a part of the new stuff?
Quote:
Originally Posted by SherlockJr View Post
I didn't thing that was ever discussed until the prequels though.
They were a thing in the EU after the Original Trilogy, but before the prequels.
Old 04-25-2012, 07:17 PM   #28
Raphael86
Foot Soldier

I love both Trek and Wars, especially, in both cases, the originals. When I saw Fanboys (which I loved) I had forgotten how much I remembered from SW and I got into it all over again.
Old 04-25-2012, 09:47 PM   #29
Leo656
The Franchise

I still think most of that stuff is both hyperbole, and a matter of opinion. I'll agree to a POINT on just about all of it. It just didn't ruin the entirety of it for me. I didn't like the sh*t with the midi-chlorians either, but it was probably only done to get around comparisons between "The Force" and "God" that some may have bitched about, and it was mostly retconned out in 2 and 3 anyway, they barely mentioned it. I thought a lot of the acting was weak, but again, I can't blame Lucas for that entirely, so I won't. They definitely made an effort to make things more kid-friendly, based both on the fact that they now knew how much money a properly-toy franchised SW flick could make, plus Lucas himself had kids by then, so again, some of it is forgivable to a degree. I do feel a "gap" of sorts between the original trilogy and the prequels, but I swear a lot of it has to do with how it was filmed and how technology had changed in 20 years. I wasn't thrilled with how "slick" 1-3 look when watched in order wih the originals. And aside from the lightsaber fight (which may have been "over-choreographed" but it had more excitement than almost any other sequence in any of the films), Ep. I was definitely the weakest of the films.

I'll agree to a point, but I still don't think they deserve the sh*t they get. I got to see a bunch of SW films on opening night, in theatres, with my Dad, something that was unimaginable when I was a kid. Maybe I'm more forgivable because I jumped in heavy as a teenager, I'unno. I loved them then, and each one got a standing ovation on opening night. I know things often lose some luster over time, but they're not that bad. And honestly, they were never going to be. 20 years of build-up was impossible to make up for.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 01:34 AM   #30
Rikirk
Foot Soldier

Wars, Trek, Gate....

Put Star in front of it, ill probobly like it.

"Yes, yes I admit I tuned you out but in my defense its because I already figured out that youre stupid.'---Dr Rodney McKay - Stargate: Atlantis
Rikirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 02:16 PM   #31
TurtleMaster4
Hench Mutant

I knew this would happen, once i post a star wars thing, like always, i get prequel or George Lucas haters commenting.

I must say for the record though, i like the originals more. And yes i've been watching those red letter videos, an i agree with alot of the things he is saying, but i still don't hate a movie. As any causal movie it would have been great, but for a prequel of star wars, it's not so much. but i still don't hate them, even though all their problems.

I'll most likely watch the originals if i had a choice, but if i'm in the mood for some impressive saber battles i'll pick the prequels, if i'm more on the blaster side, i'll watch the originals (I prequels needed more blasters in it.)
TurtleMaster4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 05:04 PM   #32
ToTheNines
[sic]

This thread put me on a Star Wars kick. I've watched both volumes of Star Wars: Clone Wars in the past couple of days and I'll probably watch Revenge Of The Sith if I wake up early enough tomorrow.

Anyone have any favorite Star Wars games? I effing love Pod Racer for the N64, wish I still had that.

Episode III on PS2 was a fun hack and slash. The fact that you get to storm Mustafar as Anakin and kill Nute Gunray and the Neimoidians make it worth a play-through.

I always wanted to play The Force Unleashed series but never got around to it.
Old 04-27-2012, 06:32 PM   #33
Peanut
Second Gear

There are a tooooon of great Star Wars games, even of those days seem to be long gone.

The Force Unleashed games are cool, but they had so much more potential. The second one was totally slapped together to take advantage of the tech they made for the original. One of the best character action Star Wars games still has to be Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast. The best Lightsaber fights of any Star Wars game, once you pit in the console commands to allow Lightsabers to act as they do in the movies. It's so much fun to get into a saber duel and end it instantly by cutting your opponents hands off and cutting them in half. God. I need to re-install that game.

I also enjoyed a lot of the Star Wars flight games. The X-Wing and TIE Fighter games were great, as were the first handful of Rogue Squadron games.

However my favourite is still Knights of the Old Republic, the first being the clear winner. The second one was another rushed bust, but it had its moments and the ability to turn your force sensitive allies to the Dark Side and even train certain characters in the ways of the Force if you played your cards right.

The Battlefront games were also super fun, especially 2, and so was Republic Commando, both of which should have really had a sequel by now. The Star Wars RTS, Empire at War was also a ton of fun. And of course the Super Star Wars games were all really cool, if not overly difficult for no good reason. And you're right, Nines, the Episode 3 game was really fun, very surprisingly. If I remember it had a mode you could unlock where you could saber duel, which was also a surprisingly fun.

Man, I feel like I could keep going. There's a lot of great Star Wars games. It's unfortunate that hasn't been the case for a number of years now. It's all Lego Star Wars (which isn't bad, just stale) and...I dunno...that awful Clone Wars game.

Oh, wait I play TOR also, which is pretty fun for an MMO. I should stop.

I need to watch some Star Wars now. Maybe I'll just watch Empire of Dreams. Love that sh*t.
Peanut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 06:33 PM   #34
Super Moderator

I really loved Jedi Outcast and Jedi Academy. Great games with great gameplay. But yeah, Knights of the Old Republic was baller.
愛 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 06:36 PM   #35
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy

The only Star Wars game I ever owned was The Empire Strikes Back for the Atari 2600. I was a kid, so I wasn't sure what to do. I hated that game, then. Sadly I even liked ET better. At least I could kinda make heads or tails of what my goal was.

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 09:49 PM   #36
sdp
-

I genuinely like Episode 1, maybe it has to do that I watched still as a kid who was a huge Star Wars fan and most people were older than that, and most younger people just seem to follow the herd of "oh yeah lol Ep1 sucked" to not go against the grain of internet culture. It's definitely my favorite of the prequels. is it as good as the OT? Well no but it's far from what people make it out to be.

EpII, I have mixed feelings about, it has plenty of cool stuff, but Anakin is just terrible in this, his acting and the love story is very bad. EpIII feels like it is a fanfic and my least favorite prequel, some cool scenes but overall the movie just fails to deliver.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 09:58 PM   #37
zkarlette
Fashionably late

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post
I genuinely like Episode 1, maybe it has to do that I watched still as a kid who was a huge Star Wars fan and most people were older than that, and most younger people just seem to follow the herd of "oh yeah lol Ep1 sucked" to not go against the grain of internet culture. It's definitely my favorite of the prequels. is it as good as the OT? Well no but it's far from what people make it out to be.

EpII, I have mixed feelings about, it has plenty of cool stuff, but Anakin is just terrible in this, his acting and the love story is very bad. EpIII feels like it is a fanfic and my least favorite prequel, some cool scenes but overall the movie just fails to deliver.
Episode 1 isn't as bad except of that binks dude ..
But EpII and Ep III are just like a corny / boring fanfic, it only gets good until Anakin becomes dart vader and I don't have to see what's his face anymore.
Old 04-27-2012, 09:59 PM   #38
ToTheNines
[sic]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peanut View Post
The Battlefront games were also super fun, especially 2, and so was Republic Commando, both of which should have really had a sequel by now. The Star Wars RTS, Empire at War was also a ton of fun. And of course the Super Star Wars games were all really cool, if not overly difficult for no good reason. And you're right, Nines, the Episode 3 game was really fun, very surprisingly. If I remember it had a mode you could unlock where you could saber duel, which was also a surprisingly fun.
Ah Battlefront, I'd forgotten those games. My friend had it back in the day, I need to buy it.

But yeah, there was a Vs. mode in the ROTS game. Some of them were based on classic scenes, like Obi-Wan vs. Vader in IV.

I loved it though... you could be Mace, Dooku, Grievous even.

Quote:

Episode I came out when I was in like 3rd grade, and I still enjoy it, but even I admit it's a bad movie.

And I think it's ******** that Hayden Christiansen gets so much flak for his acting... look at the lines he had to work with! No actor would have pulled that off.
Old 04-27-2012, 10:31 PM   #39
Peanut
Second Gear

Quote:
You're allowed to have an opinion, but again, the internet did not decide that Episode 1 is bad. It's just bad.
Peanut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 04:11 AM   #40
Rikirk
Foot Soldier

I have to get this off my chest, I would LOVE to see a Force Unleashed movie, series or tv show. Whoever created Galen Marak made him such a badass and interesting character, to me is just wonderful. I like the character a lot.

Think Vader and Skywalker are powerfull?
Marak can pull a starship from the sky.

A lot of people didnt seem to like the game, the game had a few hits and misses, but the story was great.

I think its my fav or near fav part of Star wars.

"Yes, yes I admit I tuned you out but in my defense its because I already figured out that youre stupid.'---Dr Rodney McKay - Stargate: Atlantis
Rikirk is offline   Reply With Quote