The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Everything Else

Notices

View Poll Results: Do you value animals more than humans?
Yes. 7 50.00%
No. 5 35.71%
Well, of the pet variety yes. Like a dog or a cat. 2 14.29%
Only like horses/whales, yes. 0 0%
Voters: 14. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-31-2024, 12:08 AM   #1
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Do you value animals more than humans?

Let's take it to the polls!
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2024, 12:32 AM   #2
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

No. But not in any cold kind of way.

Of course I do value them, and it includes avoiding harming bugs/arachnids, too -- but if it's a blood sucker or harassing gnat then it has made its choice to screw with me -- but push come to shove, if it's a situation between a human's life and an animal's, then morally the human comes first in most cases. But I'd likely also try to help the animal after. I mean if it's my own pet, then yeah, that becomes very hard, but a human is first if they're in immediate danger and need the assist.

Helping a bad person vs my pet... that might change the dynamic.

Last edited by IndigoErth; 03-31-2024 at 12:37 AM.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2024, 01:18 AM   #3
Drose18
The Catalina Wine Mixer

i needa redo my vote I didnt read it properly

id be in a moral dillema if it was my dog or a human god forbid
Drose18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2024, 01:37 AM   #4
Cowabung-Gal
The Party Dudette

People are the worst. Animals are pure beings, especially dogs. I’ve always had poor social skills due to my Asperger’s, but even though I’ve improved, people in general haven’t; in fact, they’ve only gotten worse and are continuing to get worse. The animals never change, though. They continue to make me happy and comfortable.

So yeah, if you invite me to your house and you happen to have pets, I’ll spend more time cuddling with them than conversing with you. Sorry, but that’s how I roll.

Of course, if I had to choose between saving my parents’ lives or my animals’, I’d pick my parents, no question about it. I don’t value human lives over animal lives, but I definitely prefer the company of animals over the company of humans.

Also, if anyone hurts one of my pets, I hope they have dental ‘cause they’re gonna need it.

Last edited by Cowabung-Gal; 03-31-2024 at 01:56 AM.
Cowabung-Gal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2024, 07:59 AM   #5
neatoman
Emperor

https://getyarn.io/yarn-clip/807efa3...0-998513a6298c
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2024, 08:27 AM   #6
joe-eyeball
Stone Warrior

It depends on the human and/or the animal?
joe-eyeball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2024, 10:55 AM   #7
ResidentEvil7
Thug

I voted yes to valuing animal lives more than people, but it's still a case-by-case basis.

I have Asperger's, which is on the autism spectrum and people just don't like me because I'm "not normal." Kids back in school bullied me like it was a way of every day life; jobs don't want me; females think I'm a lowlife. People have gotten worse since the good old 80s and 90s because of social media making the current generation unwanted: colored hair, tattoos, fatness, bad attitudes, crying over spilled milk, laziness, putting companies I grew up with in bankruptcy and they're too liberal/progressive and I hate liberals. Social media has made people turn against each other because it's easier to treat others badly than to their faces. I bet a lot of the nastiness I get online is by some teenage or college-age scumbag with the IQ of a used ashtray.

The only human lives I value are my family and my best friend. I value such animals like cats (although my cat left me an Easter present for me under my bed today -- gross puke!), hamsters, rabbits, gerbils, and dolphins.
ResidentEvil7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2024, 12:20 PM   #8
neatoman
Emperor

There sure are some horrifying animals out there:
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2024, 12:31 PM   #9
CyberCubed
Overlord

Animals are lower life-forms that did not evolve over millions of years to become intelligent like us humans did. We evolved from our common ancestor homo erectus when we split from our link with the great ape. That's why we still look at monkeys in modern times as lower life-forms and keep them in cages in zoos or in the jungle where they roam around in their own filth.

Yes I know people are attached to dogs and cats as pets and they have some intelligence, but if it weren't for humans domesticating them than dogs and cats would just roam the wilds like their family tree of coyotes, lions and tigers do to this day.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2024, 02:28 PM   #10
BornAgain
Foot Soldier

No, unless they’re part of my family. I’d probably choose the life of my dog over the life of a stranger who is human. It’s not like there is a right answer imo to any of these moral quandaries.

Pets aside, I may value human life a tad more than animals simply bc they seemingly have a higher awareness and attachment to life. Idk if that’s true but it’s my perception.
BornAgain is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2024, 02:46 PM   #11
Cowabung-Gal
The Party Dudette

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Animals are lower life-forms that did not evolve over millions of years to become intelligent like us humans did.
Animals are indeed dumb, no one’s denying that part. But despite having a higher level of intelligence, humans act more savagely than wild animals because they kill out of greed, prejudice, and anger, steal what they don’t even need, and sexually assault even babies (at least wild animals know when a female is mature enough to breed with). Not to mention that all wild animals contribute to the ecosystem while humans completely trash it up and even wipe several species out of existence.

Look, I’m no Pocahontas who would rather live in the middle of the woods and be one with nature and all that jazz, and I believe that God gave man dominion over all animals, which indeed makes us the superior beings. But if you believe in the theory that humans have evolved from apes, then we really haven’t improved much, have we?

Last edited by Cowabung-Gal; 03-31-2024 at 04:39 PM.
Cowabung-Gal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2024, 04:31 PM   #12
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Humans are a very special kind of stupid. Like as a species we 1000% have the smarts to choose better and know better, but we don't. There is so much bulls*** that doesn't even need to happen because we're smart enough to be able to avoid it or work it out... but won't.

Most species may be dumb and even the smart ones still below us, but they're also fellow species that, like us, have managed to thrive and adapt. "Dumb animals" or no, they're still also top of their class because they're here and their branch didn't die off eons ago. Human level intelligence wasn't the goal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by neatoman View Post
There sure are some horrifying animals out there:
Ah yes, thanks for the reminder why I never want to step foot in the ocean again.

edit: Just learned these suckers also multiply by breaking into pieces. Like a freaking PG 13 tapeworm turned into Rated R nightmare.

Last edited by IndigoErth; 03-31-2024 at 04:46 PM.
Old 04-01-2024, 10:47 PM   #13
Hamato Yoshi
Stone Warrior

Octopi are anything but dumb
Hamato Yoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2024, 06:44 PM   #14
CyberCubed
Overlord

Animals are meant to be eaten by man. If our caveman ancestors didn't slay the wooly mammoth, we would have froze to death and had no meat to eat. We are carnivores like the rest of animals in nature.

Some animals bonded with man over time like dogs, cats or horses, but the rest of them just deserve to wind up on a dinner plate.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2024, 07:44 PM   #15
Storm Eagle
Saved by

Not for nothing, but some people just make it way too easy to
Storm Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2024, 08:21 PM   #16
Cowabung-Gal
The Party Dudette

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
but the rest of them just deserve to wind up on a dinner plate.
Except the box turtle, toad, blowfish, triggerfish, and barracuda, unless you’re not worried about being poisoned.
Old 04-02-2024, 10:49 PM   #17
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Cannibals might have had a point...
Old 04-03-2024, 10:44 AM   #18
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

Its a case by case basis. Like assuming all other factors are equal, I would value humans more.

However, in real life, all factors are not equal and there will be many times where some people are so terrible that animals deserve infinitely more sympathy than them.

Shredder could've done more than blow up the Channel Six building. I don't mean as far as murdering Splinter, but think of the possibilities if censors were not an issue.

Shredder and Krang combined had the biggest arsenal of any villains in all of the cartoons.
FredWolfLeonardo is online now   Reply With Quote