The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > 4Kids TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Old 12-22-2023, 10:53 AM   #181
Cowabung-Gal
The Party Dudette

Quote:
Originally Posted by KROW View Post
I remember that. Oh, the outrage. So many people had their minds set on Leonardo.
But that’s so predictable. It has to be Mikey because it shatters everyone’s expectations, like the reveal of the Last Ronin’s identity at the end of issue #1.
Old 12-22-2023, 03:26 PM   #182
neatoman
Emperor

Reminder that 4Kids Mike saved Christmas and is as of yet the only cartoon version of any Ninja Turtle to do so.
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2024, 01:07 AM   #183
The Inventive Donatello
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by neatoman View Post
Reminder that 4Kids Mike saved Christmas and is as of yet the only cartoon version of any Ninja Turtle to do so.
Love this micro issue and this episode. Seeing them all with the kids brings a tear to your eye. I watch it every Christmas Eve.
The Inventive Donatello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2024, 04:28 PM   #184
Prowler
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by KROW View Post
I remember that. Oh, the outrage. So many people had their minds set on Leonardo. Though I do think a few predicted Mikey would take it.
Well, Leo was taken out of the tournament from outside forces. Perhaps he would have won it if external interference hadn't happened. After all, if they targeted him in particular it surely meant they saw him as a big threat. He had already dueled with the Ultimate Ninja earlier in the season.

The problem wasn't so much Mike winning it but the fact he fluked his win. He also kind of fluked against Raph as well. And Splinter refused to fight him. The whole win felt more like a joke than something well deserved.
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2024, 04:33 PM   #185
Drose18
The Catalina Wine Mixer

I still think Mikey taking home the trophy was brilliant. Yea if the circumstances changed just a bit he maybe wouldn’t have won but isn’t that the whole thing about power scaling? It’s not about feats of greatness or who has the better set of super powers, the winner will always be whoever the writers and story creators decide.
Drose18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2024, 10:30 AM   #186
TheLabRat
Hench Mutant

I've always felt that TMNT series lacked a archvillain who could be Mikey's main antagonist. I mean that kind of villain who makes him angry every time and forces him to be serious.
TheLabRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2024, 10:13 PM   #187
triplexxx
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowler View Post
Well, Leo was taken out of the tournament from outside forces. Perhaps he would have won it if external interference hadn't happened. After all, if they targeted him in particular it surely meant they saw him as a big threat. He had already dueled with the Ultimate Ninja earlier in the season.

The problem wasn't so much Mike winning it but the fact he fluked his win. He also kind of fluked against Raph as well. And Splinter refused to fight him. The whole win felt more like a joke than something well deserved.
Leonardo was taken out simply on account of some petty grudge the Ultimate Ninja had against him which was over nothing and had nothing to do with the tournament, and none of the turtles or Splinter were planned to be left alive in that scenario. Michelangelo's win, after all was said in done in Grudge Match, wasn't a fluke, except for Splinter's conceding, but that along with Leonardo's dismissal and Usagi's stepping out does mean things could've turned out differently, guess they didn't want to make the Battle Nexus a big deal and give any turtle too much glory by giving them an absolute victory in it. Even Splinter's win wasn't entirely absolute either since the Gyoji had interceded for him in the middle of his final match with Drako before Drako could end it with a final blow and let him splint his leg.

Last edited by triplexxx; 01-10-2024 at 10:20 PM.
triplexxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2024, 06:23 PM   #188
Technogeek29
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLabRat View Post
I've always felt that TMNT series lacked a archvillain who could be Mikey's main antagonist. I mean that kind of villain who makes him angry every time and forces him to be serious.
While not so serious Touch & Go were reoccurring antagonists towards him.
Old 01-13-2024, 06:35 AM   #189
PizzaPower
Foot Elite

I didn't even know people disliked 2k3 Mikey, this is all news to me lol
PizzaPower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2024, 09:17 AM   #190
tmntpower1988
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by neatoman View Post
I love that Mikey kept Klunk as a pet as well. At least 2003 Mikey didn't accidentally mutate the cat by spilling ice cream into mutagen
tmntpower1988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2024, 11:05 AM   #191
Braeden99
Random Punk

Quote:
Originally Posted by PizzaPower View Post
I didn't even know people disliked 2k3 Mikey, this is all news to me lol
That's the first I'm hearing about it too. 2k3 and Mirage are my favourite versions of him
Braeden99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2024, 01:11 AM   #192
The Turtle Terminator
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmntpower1988 View Post
I love that Mikey kept Klunk as a pet as well. At least 2003 Mikey didn't accidentally mutate the cat by spilling ice cream into mutagen
The cat did go missing after Ninja Tribunal in fairness
Old 01-17-2024, 05:26 AM   #193
tmntpower1988
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Turtle Terminator View Post
The cat did go missing after Ninja Tribunal in fairness
I noticed that myself, I was wondering where Klunk disappeared to He shows up once more in an episode of Back To the Sewer after his disappearance.
tmntpower1988 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
4kids, michelangelo