The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Comic Discussion

Notices

Old 05-10-2012, 07:33 PM   #1001
Roseangelo
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
Which artist worked on the most total issues of TMNT? Jim Lawson? Chris Allen?

The more I think about it...the more I see it's obviously Lawson. I need to give the man more love.
If you're considering any and all TMNT books collectively, then definitely Lawson.
Roseangelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 07:55 PM   #1002
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roseangelo View Post
If you're considering any and all TMNT books collectively, then definitely Lawson.
I was...and Jim totally dominates. The more I thought about it, the less I realized it was a worthwhile question. And to think I debated starting a new thread for it.

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 11:45 PM   #1003
Powder
So tired of this place

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
What's a Vol. 1 #2 2nd print worth in pretty good condition?
Still looking for an answer. Somebody could always just PM me it...

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 11:55 PM   #1004
Venom
Space Knight

20-30 bucks. A little less if you're persistently patient.
Old 05-25-2012, 10:10 AM   #1005
HotJuicyBurgers
Mad Scientist

Volume 4 issue 30

Is this issue as rare as issue number 29? I always see people talking about 29 and that it's worth a pretty penny, but never about 30. From what I understand they were supposed to have the same print run?

Edit: I was snooping around and apparently you can still buy issue 30 from Mirage? Is it really a print of 1000 then?

Last edited by HotJuicyBurgers; 05-25-2012 at 10:32 AM.
HotJuicyBurgers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 03:55 PM   #1006
Venom
Space Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by HotJuicyBurgers View Post
Is this issue as rare as issue number 29? I always see people talking about 29 and that it's worth a pretty penny, but never about 30. From what I understand they were supposed to have the same print run?

Edit: I was snooping around and apparently you can still buy issue 30 from Mirage? Is it really a print of 1000 then?
Yes, really 1000, and 10 bucks + shipping.
Old 05-26-2012, 08:06 PM   #1007
The Fifth Turtle
Mad Scientist

So, the crooked "J" in the Mirage TMNT logo.......is that just part of the logo or was there a specific reason for making it on an angle?
The Fifth Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 08:10 PM   #1008
Venom
Space Knight

It's just a stylized 'J', no backstory for it. :/
Old 05-26-2012, 09:53 PM   #1009
The Fifth Turtle
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venom View Post
It's just a stylized 'J', no backstory for it. :/
Thanx! Thats what I figured but ya never know.
The Fifth Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 03:05 PM   #1010
themaxonline
Hench Mutant

Hey all,

This is going to sound like a dumb question on here. I'm a TMNT fan but particularly only of the 80s cartoon version. When I heard they were coming out with a new comic series last year, I figured it was a good opportunity to start anew with a new universe. Not being a comic-book reader of anything other than the occasional Archie comics (as in, Archie, not the Archie TMNT), I didn't realize that there would be more than just the series # in the expected order.
Today, I went to my comic book store and saw they had a bunch of the issues so I picked up what I thought was issues 1-9.

Here's what I ended up with:

TMNT #1 - Color Classics
TMNT #2
TMNT #3-4 - Micro Series
TMNT #5-9

So what I gathered from looking at some of the other topics on here, my #1 is a reissue of the old Mirage comics that has nothing to do with the new series? So I'm missing issues 1, 3 and 4 from the regular series and 1 and 2 from the micro-series?

I also had no idea there'd be so many different versions of the covers either. Who knew what I was getting into.
Anyway, I guess my question is, am I right in what I'm missing? Is there a website (or even a topic on here I haven't found yet) that has the issues in order of what I *should* have that also has the covers to accompany them so I can know what to look for when I go back to the comic book store?
themaxonline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 03:17 PM   #1011
Roseangelo
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by themaxonline View Post
So what I gathered from looking at some of the other topics on here, my #1 is a reissue of the old Mirage comics that has nothing to do with the new series? So I'm missing issues 1, 3 and 4 from the regular series and 1 and 2 from the micro-series?
Yes, you're correct here.

Issues #1-9 of the on-going series are out, with #10 due this week (I think).

The Micro-Series books are part of the on-going series. #1-4 are out, with more on the way.

The color classics are the old issues, no relation to the new on-going series.

Quote:
Is there a website (or even a topic on here I haven't found yet) that has the issues in order of what I *should* have that also has the covers to accompany them so I can know what to look for when I go back to the comic book store?
Cover guide for all issues that are out:
http://www.ninjapizza.net/search/lab...0cover%20guide

Upcoming issues are listed in the sidebar.

Guide to upcoming issues and Trade Paperback & Hardcover collections:
http://www.ninjapizza.net/search/label/comics
Roseangelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 03:23 PM   #1012
Venom
Space Knight

Quote:
Here's what I ended up with:

TMNT #1 - Color Classics
TMNT #2
TMNT #3-4 - Micro Series
TMNT #5-9

Right. You can check out this dude's blog for variants and such. The first ittuse is somewhat scarce in its first printing at the moment (had 3 printings), but if you're not one to colelct a bunch of variants or care for individual floppies, the first 4 issues were released in TPB in February (Change is Constant), and the second TPB is about to land too, along with the TPB of the 4 micro-series thus far.
Old 05-28-2012, 03:44 PM   #1013
themaxonline
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venom View Post
Right. You can check out this dude's blog for variants and such. The first ittuse is somewhat scarce in its first printing at the moment (had 3 printings), but if you're not one to colelct a bunch of variants or care for individual floppies, the first 4 issues were released in TPB in February (Change is Constant), and the second TPB is about to land too, along with the TPB of the 4 micro-series thus far.

Thanks a lot guys!

It might be better for me to just get the issues 1-4 in the Change Is Constant issue? I'll check to see if that's even in the store. I'm not picky about which version of each issue I pick up. I'd just like to have them in physical form in one way or another. I probably should have actually done some research before I bought these random issues but it really was a spur of the moment buy!
themaxonline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 12:20 PM   #1014
Venom
Space Knight

Quote:
Thanks a lot guys!

It might be better for me to just get the issues 1-4 in the Change Is Constant issue? I'll check to see if that's even in the store. I'm not picky about which version of each issue I pick up. I'd just like to have them in physical form in one way or another. I probably should have actually done some research before I bought these random issues but it really was a spur of the moment buy!
As long as you're happy with the stories, that's all that matters! It's always great to have a new fan checking out the comics.
Old 05-31-2012, 06:12 AM   #1015
TheBlueTurtle1
Foot Elite

Hi, I have the Ulimate collection 1, and 2, 3 ordered. Just wondered if the current tmnt comics are on the same level as the awesome 80s, which until recently I never read. ( I used to collect the archie ones back in the day lol).
TheBlueTurtle1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 01:06 PM   #1016
Powder
So tired of this place

If by "on the same level" you mean like, as cool, it's subjective, really. They're dope but nothing can touch Mirage to me.

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 01:16 PM   #1017
DrSpengler
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBlueTurtle1 View Post
Hi, I have the Ulimate collection 1, and 2, 3 ordered. Just wondered if the current tmnt comics are on the same level as the awesome 80s, which until recently I never read. ( I used to collect the archie ones back in the day lol).
Mirage and IDW take very different approaches in storytelling techniques, so comparisons between the two are a bit unfair.

I think IDW has the benefit of being very thought-out and structured in advance, so you can tell that there's a lot of build-up and ground being laid and everything is leading to something major, whereas the Mirage guys just sort of "winged it", so to speak, and stories more or less just *happened* rather than being worked up to.

On the other hand, the Mirage books told satisfying done-in-one tales, and even their story arcs were comprised of episodic adventures with a beginning, middle and end. So there was always pay-off in every installment. The IDW series is heavily serialized in pace and requires a lot of patience, as the slow burn approach lays out numerous plot threads then takes many, many issues to address them.

Both experiences have their strengths and weaknesses, so it's really up to reader preference. I think they're both good reads for different reason, personally.
DrSpengler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 02:48 PM   #1018
TheBlueTurtle1
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrSpengler View Post
Mirage and IDW take very different approaches in storytelling techniques, so comparisons between the two are a bit unfair.

I think IDW has the benefit of being very thought-out and structured in advance, so you can tell that there's a lot of build-up and ground being laid and everything is leading to something major, whereas the Mirage guys just sort of "winged it", so to speak, and stories more or less just *happened* rather than being worked up to.

On the other hand, the Mirage books told satisfying done-in-one tales, and even their story arcs were comprised of episodic adventures with a beginning, middle and end. So there was always pay-off in every installment. The IDW series is heavily serialized in pace and requires a lot of patience, as the slow burn approach lays out numerous plot threads then takes many, many issues to address them.

Both experiences have their strengths and weaknesses, so it's really up to reader preference. I think they're both good reads for different reason, personally.
Ok, cool thanks Ill have a little look in to it and take what you have said in to account. Thanks again.
TheBlueTurtle1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 02:02 AM   #1019
Marksenad
Foot Soldier

With volume 1 issue 45 (Leatherhead too) it was a quick run through about the story of leatherhead. Did i miss an issue with him in it? Or was that the way it was wrote? I felt like i missed out on an issue, thats why im asking
Marksenad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 04:03 AM   #1020
Toby Barrett
Stone Warrior

Leatherhead originally debuted in volume 1 of Tales of the TMNT.
Toby Barrett is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ask a question, ban etsyturtle2, comic discussion, questions