The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Comic Discussion

Notices

Old 04-08-2018, 10:44 AM   #21
Mr. Orange
Random Punk

Because stuff isn't released simply in publishing order.
Mr. Orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2018, 10:49 AM   #22
CyberCubed
Overlord

It doesn't really need to be. Mirage wasn't a comic series where every issue had to be read in order like modern comics. Most of the guest issues are "fillers" that can be read at almost any point of the story.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2018, 10:53 AM   #23
Mr. Orange
Random Punk

I understand that completely, but it's my preference that stuff be released in that format. They of course can choose to release it how they want, but it's up to me whether I decide to buy it or not.
Old 04-10-2018, 10:03 AM   #24
Casey
Stone Warrior

http://tmntentity.blogspot.com/2009/...ge-comics.html

This may help then.
Old 04-12-2018, 01:31 PM   #25
pferreira
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
It's not that hard, Mirage just has Ultimate Collections, the Classic collections, and then the Tales collections. If you're specifically looking for Mirage, it's only 3 different series. And the Ultimate Collections are done.
See that is confusing especially as some of those are being reprinted again with different page counts from the original reprint counts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casey View Post
They included the guest ones to give you more bang for your buck. They were also getting license stuff straight for a while. I don’t get why people are so confused.
They included the guest ones separately and are reprinting them again to add further confusion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casey View Post
This may help then.
That just tells me the order to read them in. That means having to go back and forth between paperbacks looking for a particular story. It should be all in one place in order of publication.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Orange View Post
Because stuff isn't released simply in publishing order.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Orange View Post
It's basically impossible to buy everything in publishing order from TMNT #1 on. I'm a stickler and I just want everything published in one nice, neat hardcover or trade. I understand the rights issues, but why include things published in between in later volumes. It messes with my brain.
All this!
pferreira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2018, 06:52 AM   #26
Mr. Orange
Random Punk

I get that a lot of comics and graphic novels are collected in this way in order to present in one solid form. But that’s not what I’m looking for, I’m just looking for every published issue collected in release order. They release so many different versions as it is, one option should be just straight up release order.

I realize I’m only complaining at this point, but it’s slightly annoying to me. It really doesn’t have to be this confusing.