The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 05-28-2020, 12:37 AM   #61
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Variety confirms he's back in the saddle. Probably.

https://variety.com/2020/film/news/h...rom%20%251%24s
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2020, 01:48 AM   #62
Turo602
The King of Kings

That time of the year again?
Old 05-28-2020, 07:05 AM   #63
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Probably using the hype of the Snyder cut release for leverage.
ZariusTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2020, 07:44 AM   #64
AquaParade
Banned

The apparent resurrection of the Snyder verse is rather unexpected. I'm glad to have it back, if that is the case. Now that they have established themselves with different tones (aquaman, WW) and even separate universes (Joker), I'd be happier than ever to have a "main dc universe" fully functioning.

Definitely room for all types of projects.
AquaParade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2020, 09:47 AM   #65
Sumac
Banned

It shapes into interesting situation, whether Snyder verse will be resurrected in all its glory or DC will continue to distance from it.

I don't remember such tug-o-war in the production of the cinematic universe yet.
Sumac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2020, 10:33 AM   #66
IMJ
Emperor

Definitely down for a Man of Steel 2 with Cavill!
IMJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2020, 11:20 AM   #67
sdp
Megan Fox = April

Snyderverse is not happening, it's a one movie cut to please fans. They're definitely looking into fixing the DCEU which is a shame, having movies with little thought to connecting them would be the same way, I don't mean disregarding continuity but not being as connected, batman changed? who cares, joker is a little different but takes elements from Phoenix even if he's now in a different decade? sure.

If you try to be stricter like the MCU it'll fail since there's way too many contradictions already for it to work, be as loose as possible while mantaining the "same" characters in a way. Sort of how Image comics used to do it, all were in the same shared universe but no one gave a **** in the individual comics if something didn't make sense.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2020, 11:36 AM   #68
AquaParade
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post
Snyderverse is not happening, it's a one movie cut to please fans. They're definitely looking into fixing the DCEU which is a shame, having movies with little thought to connecting them would be the same way, I don't mean disregarding continuity but not being as connected, batman changed? who cares, joker is a little different but takes elements from Phoenix even if he's now in a different decade? sure.

If you try to be stricter like the MCU it'll fail since there's way too many contradictions already for it to work, be as loose as possible while mantaining the "same" characters in a way. Sort of how Image comics used to do it, all were in the same shared universe but no one gave a **** in the individual comics if something didn't make sense.
No one knows yet. But the splash that the Snyder cut is making, combined with the ball finally rolling with Henry Cavill is telling.
Old 05-28-2020, 11:56 AM   #69
Galactus
Foot Elite

If the DCEU does get back on track there's no way it will follow Snyder's vision. At best it will use many of the same actors and vaguely reference the movies that came before but it's visual style and tone will definitely not take it's cues from the Snyder movies.

Not to knock what a huge victory this is for fans who fought for the Snyder cut but there problems with selling that vision of the DC universe to the general public. Not to mention another big name in Affleck is likely never to return properly and it's a big question mark over whether Ezra Miller would be allowed back.
Galactus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2020, 12:08 PM   #70
TommyT
Banned

He's going to need a full toupee by the time they get to filming that.
TommyT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2020, 12:42 PM   #71
Galactus
Foot Elite

Hopefully they can cgi his head hair in better than they cgi-ed his moustache out.
Old 05-28-2020, 04:25 PM   #72
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Why would they need to CGI his hair? Practical hair pieces (even small ones) have been used for decades to great effect.
Old 05-28-2020, 05:16 PM   #73
Leo656
The Franchise

Chris Reeve wore one. On account of his Alopecia. Lotta people don't know that. I believe throughout all four films.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2020, 07:40 PM   #74
TommyT
Banned

I'm saying he's getting old. That was the joke.

HE IS GETTING....

Old. This whole thing has taken far too long.
Old 05-28-2020, 07:45 PM   #75
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Ridiculously long. But better this than some kind of "The Man of Steel" reboot with a 25 year-old.
Old 05-28-2020, 07:57 PM   #76
TommyT
Banned

Debatable.
Old 05-29-2020, 10:06 AM   #77
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
Ridiculously long. But better this than some kind of "The Man of Steel" reboot with a 25 year-old.
What, so Clark Kent can show up in Harley Quinn 3?

I don't see the win here. Maybe if DC/WB actually had an idea of what films they were even going to make, I'd be a bit more receptive.
Old 02-26-2021, 10:26 AM   #78
NinjaPug
Foot Elite

Ugh looks like their plan for Superman is to reboot presumably without Cavill. Plus ****ing JJ Abrams is involved. No thanks.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/he...or-warner-bros
NinjaPug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2021, 10:36 AM   #79
AquaParade
Banned

With Coates writing, I won't be surprised if Clark is black.
Not that it matters - he is an alien after all - as long as it's a well told Superman story that doesn't strive to be divisive or make race more of a conversation than it needs to be in a Superman movie.

I think J.J. Abrams is okay. I don't love his work but I do think it's pretty damn good, so I'm excited to see what he can do with Superman.

All speculation, but I don't think Cavil and his team were being all that easy to work with. Look, I don't necessarily blame him for not wanting to follow WB's lead, when it comes to their plans for Superman. He's smart to remain cautious about what projects he takes on.
But it sounds like they've been trying to at least get him in cameo roles for a while now. From Shazaam to The Flash, it sounds like it has fallen through each time. He didn't really back the Snyder Cut until the last minute either. I don't know if the guy just isn't a team player or what, but I have to believe he is a significant part of the reason we've seen so little of his version of Superman.

It was even sort of weird how he posted that video a year or two ago of him holding up a Superman action figure and saying nothing, in response to all the rumors of him being done playing Superman. I got the vibe that he couldn't really say much to fans, because he was probably the one holding the deal up. Either way, it was a strange reaction, so it's hard to draw a logical conclusion from it.

Again, I'm just having fun speculating based on the few clues we've been given. I acknowledge that I could be wrong.
Old 02-26-2021, 10:51 AM   #80
Galactus
Foot Elite

People will obviously cite his previous Superman pitches (which were terrible) as why JJ Abrams shouldn't handle the franchise but that's was all during a period when WB wanted to reinvent the wheel. Left to his own devices I imagine Abrams will do something a lot more traditional. It won't be groundbreaking or anything special by any means but won't be off putting to the general audience like Man of Steel was.