The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > General TMNT Discussion

Notices

Old 07-13-2012, 09:43 PM   #81
Mr.Turtle
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Genesis View Post
Those are the Turtles. I think Powder was talking about the TMNT equivalent of Sonic fan characters, who are generally hated by everyone not involved in their creation.
like a cross or something?
Old 07-14-2012, 03:34 AM   #82
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
Overlord

Storyline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty Blond View Post
Donatello (as cyborg).
Not a character (thankfully), more a storyline.
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 08:28 AM   #83
Metalwolf
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by cryan View Post
What did you have against Mona Lisa.I thought she was hot.Still do.Mr Ogg was annoying to say the least but Mona Lisa?

lwolf;968724]I would also add another character that I forgot, one that I dislike even worse then Mona Lisa or the Neutrinos, and that would be Mr. Ogg. Randomly turning buildings into big icescreams and other objects for 'humor' was really unsettling and not funny, and him being powerful enough that he could theoretically be a major issue if he were upset, made me really not like him.
[/QUOTE] I think it is because aside from Splinter and Bebop/Rocksteady (and maybe Baxter) I don't really care for human-derived mutants in TMNT. I don't know why, but something about them just bothers me.

I'm guessing it's because they don't really acknowledge the severity of their condition, in that once they get changed they rarely think, "Gee, maybe I ought to tell someone I'm OK before I choose to spend the rest of my life living in some sewer and hanging out with mutant turtles. At least they won't think I've been murdered or that my parents will forever wonder where their baby has gone." Or that mutation forever changes their life to a massive degree, and that all the stuff they take for granted in their 'previous life' will become much harder or impossible to do. They just think "Oh well, looks like I'm going to be a bit inconvenienced hiding from people, but at least I get these nifty new abilities!"

At least with Splinter, R&B and Baxter it was explored to a degree and helped develop them, but with everyone else it's like its an afterthought.
Metalwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 09:38 AM   #84
Mr.Turtle
Mad Scientist

if a human derived mutant has the same influence as bishop, he d get a lot of attention too. they r just not that big yet coz they never got in the rank "main".
Old 07-14-2012, 05:04 PM   #85
This_is_my_username
Random Punk

Quote:
I think it is because aside from Splinter and Bebop/Rocksteady (and maybe Baxter) I don't really care for human-derived mutants in TMNT. I don't know why, but something about them just bothers me.

I'm guessing it's because they don't really acknowledge the severity of their condition, in that once they get changed they rarely think, "Gee, maybe I ought to tell someone I'm OK before I choose to spend the rest of my life living in some sewer and hanging out with mutant turtles. At least they won't think I've been murdered or that my parents will forever wonder where their baby has gone." Or that mutation forever changes their life to a massive degree, and that all the stuff they take for granted in their 'previous life' will become much harder or impossible to do. They just think "Oh well, looks like I'm going to be a bit inconvenienced hiding from people, but at least I get these nifty new abilities!"

At least with Splinter, R&B and Baxter it was explored to a degree and helped develop them, but with everyone else it's like its an afterthought.
Those characters mildly got on my nerves, too. They took away from the significance of what it would mean to be "born" a mutant (aka turtles) and know nothing else vs the perspective of someone who became a mutant but had the experience of both perspectives-belonging somewhere vs belonging nowhere (aka Splinter). That's not an afterthought, that's a wrecking ball to every life experience to be had.
This_is_my_username is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 05:34 PM   #86
cryan
Stone Warrior

I have always liked characters that are afflicted by something and turn it into a possitive.you van say that when someone combats a disease.Think about in the past the superheroes that were created by lab accidents.Also,Mona Lisa only was in one episode that is now 22 years old.

Last edited by cryan; 07-14-2012 at 05:39 PM.
cryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 11:09 PM   #87
CyberCubed
Overlord

Lord Dregg was a good villain. He just shouldn't have been a Shredder replacement. Taken on his own he was the same as any other alien conqueror in the series.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 06:49 AM   #88
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic

Most of the villains from Fast Forward were just awful. I think the only ones I liked were the Dark Turtles and Torbin Zixx. I'd also have to go with Mikey post Battle Nexus win.

"Embrace your inner a**holiness."-Mr. Anderson.
BubblyShell22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 08:43 AM   #89
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by BubblyShell22 View Post
Most of the villains from Fast Forward were just awful. I think the only ones I liked were the Dark Turtles and Torbin Zixx. I'd also have to go with Mikey post Battle Nexus win.
Really? I thought the FF villains were the highlight of that season. Viral, Shoko'nobo, Darius were all fine.

Triple Threat was awful though.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 04:31 PM   #90
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
Overlord

Two seasons

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Lord Dregg was a good villain. He just shouldn't have been a Shredder replacement. Taken on his own he was the same as any other alien conqueror in the series.
He just had two seasons, and they were both short. I can stand that.
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 08:33 PM   #91
Logan
Hench Mutant

Garbage Man. Horrible villain. Even the Turtles couldn't take him seriously. How did PL let that slip through?

-Leonardo

Logan the Layman Critic, a youtube channel for movie reviews and animation appreciation.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCjn...xrKPml1WlYh6Mw
Logan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 08:54 PM   #92
Moonlight1102
Hench Mutant

Serling - An unlikeable, annoying robot butler who had no reason to appear in the BTTS season, unless 4Kids' decided to toss him in just because they figured that kids think "robots are cool".

Venus - Obvious reasons.

Zach - Annoying little kid, didn't much care for him.

Most of the Fast Forward villains - Sh'Okanabo was lame, Viral was evil for the sake of being evil, Jammerhead was super lame, Triple Threat was a complete waste of space, and Torbin Zixx was forgettable.

Constable Biggles - "Ello Ello Ello!" (Me: Shut up Shut up Shut up!)

Vernon - The TMNT Wiki sums him up perfectly: "An egotistical, self-righteous, mysoginistic coward".

Tags
shredder