The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > 4Kids TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Old 08-12-2012, 08:00 PM   #1
Leonardo_Warrior_Turtle
Stone Warrior

Maybe Wedding Bells and Bytes is the finale, not Turtles Forever!

My reason? Karai. She attends April and Casey's wedding. In Turtles Forever, she frees her father from the ice to help enact his revenge on the Turtles, with whom she made as her mortal enemies following this exile by the Utroms at the end of season 3. At the end of Turtles Forever, she helps the various Turtles defeat Ch'rell once and for all. Maybe then she finally ended her hatred of the Turtles, thus being okay to go the wedding. Your thoughts?

Last edited by Leonardo_Warrior_Turtle; 08-12-2012 at 08:09 PM.
Leonardo_Warrior_Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 08:07 PM   #2
Xav
Foot Elite

Well there is the fact the all the Turtles Forever episodes are numbered after Wedding Bells and Bytes, the Cyber Foot are serving Ch'rell, and Cyber Shredder and Khan are nowhere to be seen, who were destroyed and captured in Wedding Bells and Bytes,.

Last edited by Xav; 08-12-2012 at 08:12 PM.
Xav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 08:37 PM   #3
CyberCubed
Overlord

Why the hell does this keep getting brought up? Turtles Forever was the finale of the series and took place after BTTS. Even the episode numbering when Turtles Forever was split into 3 parts to air on TV is after BTTS.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 08:51 PM   #4
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonardo_Warrior_Turtle View Post
My reason? Karai. She attends April and Casey's wedding. In Turtles Forever, she frees her father from the ice to help enact his revenge on the Turtles, with whom she made as her mortal enemies following this exile by the Utroms at the end of season 3. At the end of Turtles Forever, she helps the various Turtles defeat Ch'rell once and for all. Maybe then she finally ended her hatred of the Turtles, thus being okay to go the wedding. Your thoughts?
I think it's funny that you provide proof positive of how things are, in fact, the opposite of what you're trying to pose.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 09:12 PM   #5
ToTheNines
[sic]

No offense, but this is mega retarded.

First of all, Splinter didn't reform until the first scene of Wedding Bells and Bytes. Plus Serling was at the wedding.
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 02:59 AM   #6
Icebot
Foot Elite

Also, the lair was destroyed in Turtles Forever, it was still there in Wedding Bells and Bytes.
Icebot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 12:17 PM   #7
Leonardo_Warrior_Turtle
Stone Warrior

Okay, so all of you made valid points that I overlooked. I'm just now rewatching the entire series from start to finish in the first time in a long time. So, clearly this is just a plot hole but still makes me wonder why Karai would attend the wedding of the friends of her hated enemies.
Old 08-16-2012, 12:43 PM   #8
JH24
Hench Mutant

It is pretty strange to be honest. Although in some way, it isn't. Karai wouldn't have been invited to the wedding if the turtles and herself were still at odds with each other. The turtles probably forgave her for what she had done, and Karai was finally able to let go of her hatred towards them.

But that doesn't mean she would have to let go of her loyalty towards her father as well. In Turtles Forever, those feelings were probably separated in her mind. No bad feelings toward the turtles, but still willing to bring back her father if the opportunity presented itself.

In a way, the events in Turtles Forever allowed Karai to see how evil Shredder truly is, perhaps even finally waking her up towards the truth. She saved the turtle's lives, and maybe now she can let go of her father.

But yeah, it is kind of weird, that after becoming close enough to the turtles to be invited for the wedding of Casey and April, she would betray them like that by freeing and aiding the Shredder.

Last edited by JH24; 08-16-2012 at 12:58 PM.
JH24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 01:29 PM   #9
TurtleFan2012
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by JH24 View Post
It is pretty strange to be honest. Although in some way, it isn't. Karai wouldn't have been invited to the wedding if the turtles and herself were still at odds with each other. The turtles probably forgave her for what she had done, and Karai was finally able to let go of her hatred towards them.

But that doesn't mean she would have to let go of her loyalty towards her father as well. In Turtles Forever, those feelings were probably separated in her mind. No bad feelings toward the turtles, but still willing to bring back her father if the opportunity presented itself.

In a way, the events in Turtles Forever allowed Karai to see how evil Shredder truly is, perhaps even finally waking her up towards the truth. She saved the turtle's lives, and maybe now she can let go of her father.

But yeah, it is kind of weird, that after becoming close enough to the turtles to be invited for the wedding of Casey and April, she would betray them like that by freeing and aiding the Shredder.
I'm surprised no one brought this up......
How come Karai didn't say anything when Cyber Shredder showed up at the wedding? Okay, some guy who sounds and acts like your father shows up out of the blue and you say nothing to him?!?

Edit - Wait....maybe she knew Cyber Shredder was a fake.
TurtleFan2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 02:31 PM   #10
JH24
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleFan2012 View Post
I'm surprised no one brought this up......
How come Karai didn't say anything when Cyber Shredder showed up at the wedding? Okay, some guy who sounds and acts like your father shows up out of the blue and you say nothing to him?!?

Edit - Wait....maybe she knew Cyber Shredder was a fake.

Good point. Yeah, probably one of those things that got lost in the episode because they had to rush through it. I was already not happy with Cyber Shredder appearing, but at the least they could have made it a two-parter or something.

But I agree as well that Karai probably assumed this Cyber Shredder was a fake. It does make me wonder if Karai was still in charge of the Foot, or if Khan was leading a Foot faction that had separated from them. I can't remember if that was ever mentioned.
JH24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 03:41 PM   #11
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing

Karai could be there as a diplomat of the Foot, making a truce
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 08:08 PM   #12
blotertom

wowhoo!!!

Episode index has been updated with three more posts from Laird's blog! And, boy, is it a doozie! The banned episode, "Nightmares Recycled" unveiled (in fragments) at last!

Tags
4kids, shredder