The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Everything Else

Notices

Old 06-13-2017, 07:53 AM   #1
Vegita-San
Emperor

Favorite youtubers

I used to look d own on youtubers. most where so egotistical and in it for the money, that you just couldn't take them seriously.

a few seemed genuine, like the Chad Vader guys. but then the feigbuster debacle happened. i found a few new favorites not afraid to speak against sillyness..

here are a few that I enjoy listening too from time to time

what are yours?
Vegita-San is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2017, 08:24 AM   #2
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

Mine are:

1. BlastphamousHD
2. Be Busta
3. Channel Awesome
4. ScrewAttack
5. McJuggernuggets
FredWolfLeonardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2017, 08:26 AM   #3
plastroncafe
PerfectlyTunedFightEngine

Ask a Mortician

Escape

MovieBob

Feminist Frequency

Vlog Brothers

The Brain Scoop

And then there's the Entire Crash Course library: https://www.youtube.com/user/crashcourse
So your wants and needs as a fan should outweigh everyone else's?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabacooza View Post
There's no sense catering just to one demographic which is idiotic.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegita-San View Post
just ignore what you don't like rather than obsessing over it and move on with your life.

Last edited by plastroncafe; 06-13-2017 at 08:41 AM. Reason: Because I apparently watch more youtube than I realized.
plastroncafe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2017, 03:12 PM   #4
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Andre "Black Nerd"

Old 06-13-2017, 03:20 PM   #5
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing

I mostly keep tabs on Pixel Dan, Lindsay Ellis, Mike J, Vangelus, ShartimusPrime, Hugo & Jake, Key of Awesome, Bat in the Sun and Game Grumps.
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2017, 04:41 PM   #6
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

I think there was another thread like this somewhere???

Anyway mine are usually

Bobsheaux

TREY the Explainer

Game Grumps

Mysterious Mr Enter

(The review that made me want to check out Bojack Horseman)

Lindsey Ellis

There's more, but these are all I'm bothered to gather for the moment.
Old 06-13-2017, 05:03 PM   #7
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Location: The bowels of Hell, Texas(otherwise known as Decatur)
I only really follow one. ItsJustSomeRandomGuy. He does Marvel/DC parody videos using superhero action figures in stop-motion annimation shorts. They started as simple parodies of the PC/Mac commercials but now he has a running series of stories set in a hero/villain hangout bar. Called "Marvel/DC After Hours". The characters lament about their movies, fight each other, get drunk and make cracks about each other's fans, comics, movies, and costumes. Funny stuff.

"Where Science ends, magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

My various stories and fan-fics are now here-

https://m.fanfiction.net/u/4770494/#end
MsMarvelDuckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2017, 05:33 PM   #8
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsMarvelDuckie View Post
I only really follow one. ItsJustSomeRandomGuy. He does Marvel/DC parody videos using superhero action figures in stop-motion annimation shorts. They started as simple parodies of the PC/Mac commercials but now he has a running series of stories set in a hero/villain hangout bar. Called "Marvel/DC After Hours". The characters lament about their movies, fight each other, get drunk and make cracks about each other's fans, comics, movies, and costumes. Funny stuff.
I follow him too, but he hasn't posted new videos for some time, and I wish he did parodies for TMNT using there figures too.
Old 06-13-2017, 06:56 PM   #9
Cure
Y'all need Jesus

Rags is cool. I usually agree with what he has to say about representation in media and whatnot.

Old 06-13-2017, 06:59 PM   #10
ProphetofGanja
Dub Professor

Charlie from Emergency Awesome

and the Nerdist crew, Dan, Kyle, and Jessica
ProphetofGanja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2017, 07:01 PM   #11
Vegita-San
Emperor

it's amazing how many of them are and we can probably have a dozen posters and not one person repeat someone.

there's also a guy that explores abandoned buildings. sadly by breaking into most.

he did an amazing tour of nickelodean studios in florida that is sadly gone.
Vegita-San is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2017, 07:02 PM   #12
plastroncafe
PerfectlyTunedFightEngine

How the heck did I forget to mention How It Should Have Ended?

For shame, Plas. For shame.
So your wants and needs as a fan should outweigh everyone else's?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabacooza View Post
There's no sense catering just to one demographic which is idiotic.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegita-San View Post
just ignore what you don't like rather than obsessing over it and move on with your life.
plastroncafe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2017, 11:51 PM   #13
Wildcat
Foot Elite

Gamester81
James Rolfe
Optibotimus
PixelDan
DangerDolan
Slapped Ham

I visit others that have been mentioned now and then. It depends on the subject and of course various videos that I come across.
Old 06-14-2017, 02:08 AM   #14
ProactiveMan
Spooky ghost

I like a lot of Channels, but these are some that haven't been mentioned already.

Spoiler:

I also like Auralnauts, Game Chasers, Pixel Dan, Liana K, Comicbook Girl 19, Cinemassacre, Red Letter Media, Metal Jesus Rocks and friends, Alachia Queen, and probably a million others that I can't remember.
Old 06-15-2017, 12:18 AM   #15
DestronMirage22
Yukipedia

Lavendertowne-Her art style is wonderful and her videos are really helpful

Classic Game Room/Lord Karnage-His videos have always been funny and his reviews are great

Phelous-A VERY funny guy who reviews and does videos about my favorite stuff (bootlegs, movies, toys, etc.). He's also a member here

Team Four Star-Been watching their videos for yeara, they just keep on getting better

Honest Trailers/Honest Game Trailers-The channels these videos are posted on my be horrible, but these series' are great

DestronMirage22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2018, 07:10 PM   #16
Krutch
Like, stupid rich.

So, uh... Channel Awesome pretty much imploded this week, huh?
Krutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2018, 10:54 PM   #17
ProactiveMan
Spooky ghost

It's been falling apart for years. A lot of the stuff in that Google doc has been floating around for quite a while if you knew where to look. The site has always had its detractors, and some of them are fairly vociferous, so when a contributor would leave they would often spill their guts and word would spread pretty fast.

They've weathered incidents that were arguably as damaging as the Google doc before, but there wasn't as big of an ecosystem of 'drama videos' at the time, so it was all pretty-much contained. There's been a fairly steady stream of contributors leaving for a long time, and some of them have been pretty vocal about how poor the site was managed. The Google doc is really just a compilation of old grievances with a couple of new ones thrown in.

It’s an interesting read – it doesn’t really contradict anything I’ve read/heard in the past, although there are some questionable things in there that are possible only included to poison the well so to speak. It paints a picture of a business venture run by people who don’t know what they are doing, and have their heads in the clouds, and I think that’s management and contributors alike.

Good news is, everyone on the site has their own YouTube presence nowadays, so who needs CA anyway.
Old 04-12-2018, 11:31 PM   #18
sdp
-

I never liked The Nostalgia Critic or his channel or any of his creators for the most part. I actually disliked that type of videos and how popular they got because of him.

With that said I actually have to give him credit for helping create the current wave of youtubers that were influenced by him not to mention that all the people turning their back on the channel now or just throwing crap likely wouldn't have been anybody without him and the channel. Ironic.

I also agree with Proactive Man and from what I saw there's nothing too bad, I mean many companies are run poorly, the creators were choosing to stay there, they were indeed amateurs running a business. I mean what did they expect? Some of it most likely is fake as well but blends in perfectly with all the real stuff. The JW situation is likely the worst but that's more on him than on the channel, they did what they could once they realized it.

So yeah, I don't really think all this drama is even logical but I think "outrage culture" has become a thing and people just like to see things burn down for the sake of being entertained with the drama.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2018, 11:52 PM   #19
dl316bh
Stone Warrior

It's interesting to think about what Channel Awesome and crew could have done had they pulled their heads out of their asses, but time has kind of passed them by.

Quote:
I never liked The Nostalgia Critic or his channel or any of his creators for the most part. I actually disliked that type of videos and how popular they got because of him.
I thought the Critic was fun for a little while, but enough time passes, you realize he doesn't really have much to say, any insight or even ability to explain why any given thing is bad in the movie. Or, failing that, genuine wit or comedy. It's mostly just a guy getting mad at them and, frankly, that gets pretty old if there's nothing else, which is probably why that style of reviewer went out of fashion years ago. It's not a huge surprise that a lot of the people under him - the undercard of TGWTG or Channel Awesome, to borrow a wrestling term - ended up proving to have more talent than he did, or ability to go further.

---

I don't really watch a lot of Youtubers these days. One or two gaming Youtubers I liked either stopped being all that funny, turned out to be pieces of crap or a combination of the two in the past couple years, so I ended up dropping them and never really got into any new ones. Of what's left - of whom I don't follow with any regularity - there's just...

- Game Grumps
- Markiplier
- Red Letter Media
- Continue?
- hbomberguy

That's, geez, less than I thought I was still bothering with. Other than that, on the more music side, I follow stuff like...

- FamilyJules
- NewRetroWave
- Tanuki
- Mothership Loudspeakerz
- Maciej Dąbrowski
Old 04-12-2018, 11:55 PM   #20
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

I wish Spoony was still doing stuff on the regular. He and I have like the exact same taste in games and movies, particularly growing up.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote