The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Everything Else

Notices

Old 04-25-2018, 09:36 PM   #1
CyberCubed
Overlord

Does anyone else post on way too many message boards, or online in general?

I am on way too many message boards. Like 10-15 I post on pretty regularly. And I have like...thousands of posts on every message board I've ever been on. A few years ago I also started lurking tumblr/twitter pretty regularly, although I don't have my own account there. Now I started lurking some discords.

Goddamn, I am everywhere on the internet and I need to cut back. Funnily enough this forum is actually one of my least posted on forums on the internet, and yet I'm here all the time too.

Anyone else on way too many online forums these days? I've been on so many forums that some of you were probably on and didn't know I was there.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2018, 09:43 PM   #2
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

Only on the technodrome forums, I would feel like I'd be cheating on this forum if I joined another

Shredder could've done more than blow up the Channel Six building. I don't mean as far as murdering Splinter, but think of the possibilities if censors were not an issue.

Shredder and Krang combined had the biggest arsenal of any villains in all of the cartoons.
FredWolfLeonardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2018, 10:24 PM   #3
sdp
Megan Fox = April

Forums? These days I'm only regular here and infrequent poster/lurker on ResetEra because I hate myself. I post on /toy/ & /vr/ from time to time and lurk /v/, and sometimes /co/ if those count as forums...

I use twitter a lot albeit I don't follow too many geeky accounts, I mostly use it for news. I visit Reddit every day but don't spend too much time there. I'm only now starting to get into discord since it's what's replacing but not a huge fan so far.

Back in the day? Loved forums and spent so much time on so many of them. Too bad there's no real replacement of forums that I like and man have forum communities suffered so the only good ones are ones that started in the early 00s and have continued since then. No new forums ever pop up and become successful anymore.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2018, 10:55 PM   #4
Krutch
Like, stupid rich.

Only other forum I was ever on was the VanillaIce.com message board. Nowadays it's just here and one or two YouTube channels i'll actually post a comment on.
Krutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2018, 11:18 PM   #5
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Nah, there have been others over the years, but this is my only one right now. I think I've done two at most. But 10 to 15? One can be enough when something causes them to be busy, how to you have time for anything else??
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2018, 06:42 AM   #6
Cure
Y'all need Jesus

Yes. The Technodrome is too much already.
Cure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2018, 06:47 AM   #7
Coola Yagami
Overlord

.... what other message boards? I mean, they're all but dead now. The only other forum I even know exists is the Comic Book forums and the ones at Gamefaqs, and while I am signed up with them, I probably haven't posted in months. I barely have time to post here.

Might be time for that annual 'leave the house' moment there Cubed.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2018, 08:13 AM   #8
newfan
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
I am on way too many message boards. Like 10-15 I post on pretty regularly. And I have like...thousands of posts on every message board I've ever been on. A few years ago I also started lurking tumblr/twitter pretty regularly, although I don't have my own account there. Now I started lurking some discords.

Goddamn, I am everywhere on the internet and I need to cut back. Funnily enough this forum is actually one of my least posted on forums on the internet, and yet I'm here all the time too.

Anyone else on way too many online forums these days? I've been on so many forums that some of you were probably on and didn't know I was there.
damn Cubed, do you post in your sleep? This is my first fan site so no for me. Not very active on twitter but post in response to tweets sometimes.
I also didn't realise there were that many.

Last edited by newfan; 04-26-2018 at 08:41 AM.
newfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2018, 09:12 AM   #9
Wesley
Mad Scientist

Not really these days. Just this website and GameFAQs now. I used to post more often on forums years ago. Not very active on Facebook or Twitter either at the moment.

Last edited by Wesley; 04-26-2018 at 09:19 AM.
Wesley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2018, 10:13 AM   #10
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coola Yagami View Post
.... what other message boards? I mean, they're all but dead now. .
- IGN (my home board since 2000)
- ResetEra
- Gamefaqs (although I don't post anymore, it was a good time to troll in my teen years)
- Toonzone (again I don't post much there anymore, but I have 11,000 posts there since 2004)
- Bulbagarden (been there since 2005)
- Serebii (I had over 30,000+ posts there, lol)
- Kazenshuu (Dragonball forum, only started posting there since Super started in 2015 though)
- 4chan, but mainly only /vp/
- TVtropes
- reddit (but mostly lurk)
- Technodrome, of course, how can I forget this place?

And aside from that, as I said I lurk twitter/tumblr now for certain fandoms because that's where people post now over traditional forums.
Old 04-26-2018, 10:58 AM   #11
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Quote:
And aside from that, as I said I lurk twitter/tumblr now for certain fandoms because that's where people post now over traditional forums.
That's a shame though, given the impact and limitation those formats surely have on actual good discussing and debate. Great place for short attention spans to say something or get attention with less of the hassle of others giving too much comment in response.

I don't think forums will vanish, not for a LONG time, as there will ALWAYS be people who want to be able to comment more at length. SOME people will still possess the attention span required.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2018, 11:02 AM   #12
Prowler
Emperor

Quote:
- IGN (my home board since 2000)
- ResetEra
- Gamefaqs (although I don't post anymore, it was a good time to troll in my teen years)
- Toonzone (again I don't post much there anymore, but I have 11,000 posts there since 2004)
- Bulbagarden (been there since 2005)
- Serebii (I had over 30,000+ posts there, lol)
- Kazenshuu (Dragonball forum, only started posting there since Super started in 2015 though)
- 4chan, but mainly only /vp/
- TVtropes
- reddit (but mostly lurk)
- Technodrome, of course, how can I forget this place?

...and yet you have spare time left to play 2 hours or so of videogames everyday, time to rewatch all of the TMNT cartoons every year(you said you did that, right?) and time to watch a bunch of movies? OK, when it comes to the latter I suppose the power of 1.5 speed does wonders, but you don't do that with cartoons afaik, and certainly not with games.

Do you live in an alternate universe where days have 36 hours or something?
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2018, 11:21 AM   #13
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowler View Post
...and yet you have spare time left to play 2 hours or so of videogames everyday, time to rewatch all of the TMNT cartoons every year(you said you did that, right?) and time to watch a bunch of movies? OK, when it comes to the latter I suppose the power of 1.5 speed does wonders, but you don't do that with cartoons afaik, and certainly not with games.

Do you live in an alternate universe where days have 36 hours or something?
I live my life on the fast lane.
Old 04-26-2018, 06:36 PM   #14
Katie
Just...way too serious.

Only here....and not much here. I don’t even do Facebook.

I prefer to look, not touch on the internet.
Old 04-30-2018, 07:38 PM   #15
Prowler
Emperor

Wait, TVtropes has forums? Never noticed. That place is timesinking already even if you don't discover the forums, anyway
Old 04-30-2018, 08:02 PM   #16
DWC
Banned

So Cubed posts on a dozen forums, lurks twitter, watched 500 movies last year, rewatches old cartoons constantly, plays lots of games, keeps up with IDW Turtles and works a job in addition to sleep, eating etc?
DWC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2018, 08:05 PM   #17
Prowler
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by DWC View Post
So Cubed posts on a dozen forums, lurks twitter, watched 500 movies last year, rewatches old cartoons constantly, plays lots of games, keeps up with IDW Turtles and works a job in addition to sleep, eating etc?
And don't' forget he rewatches every TMNT and Batman cartoon plus some pokemon stuff every year as well
Old 04-30-2018, 09:20 PM   #18
CyberCubed
Overlord

I am an expert at time management. If you put your mind to something, you can do everything you want in half the time. I also enjoy spreading my influence throughout as much as the internet as possible for things I am interested in.

I guess I have it down to a science since I've been doing this since...around 2002-2003 or so, when I realized I needed to manage my time. It's called "getting things done."
Old 04-30-2018, 11:40 PM   #19
newfan
Mad Scientist

Quote:
I am an expert at time management. If you put your mind to something, you can do everything you want in half the time. I also enjoy spreading my influence throughout as much as the internet as possible for things I am interested in.

I guess I have it down to a science since I've been doing this since...around 2002-2003 or so, when I realized I needed to manage my time. It's called "getting things done."
I could do with with good time management but usually for more practical things Still, it's what you want to fit into your time.
So, when are you joining twitter or tumblr to spread your influence?
newfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2018, 11:52 PM   #20
Leo656
The Franchise

Quote:
Originally Posted by newfan View Post
So, when are you joining twitter or tumblr to spread your influence?
You would see the virus spread? Interesting.

...Interesting.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote