The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 10-30-2015, 07:13 PM   #2141
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Like one of you above I hated changing faces. I liked the original six and their chemistry. Of those six I was never crazy over Jason. Maybe it was a Tommy or Jason thing I don't know I was just six years old at the time. Tommy in green ad the other five faces to be the same under the helmet. The larger problem was I never grafted onto the replacements. They were just replacements. Rocky was a weak red ranger and while Adam had more characterization of the three of them he like Aisha just seemed like minority race swaps for Zack and Trini. Trini seemed the least developed of the six so she was the least missed, but also I would argue the biggest missed opportunity, aside from adjusting Tommy still as the green ranger after the Power Transfer, was adding more to Trini. Then when Katherine joined in, she could not even fight and made it questionable if she was capable. The comment in her last episode of Kimberly teleporting in when the rangers were needed makes it question why not do that with those at the Peace Conference. How long was the conference supposed to last anyway? I was lucky that my second favorite lasted second longest, Billy (4 full) and my favorite, Tommy, lasted the longest (4 1/2) seasons. It was at that point it was replacements of replacements and no one to latch onto. I am always surprised to read the Turbo replacements were a success. I got so tired of it being a revolving door and characters I loved leaving unable to really care for any replacement. By the time of the Turbo replacements and their going into space was when I was in 5th grade so it was not so much an age thing, but a tiring of changing faces I was not into. Then the way Justin rubbed some of the audience the wrong way Andros did that with me. One should not root for Lord Zedd to return to rip him apart which is what made me leave fandom. Not aging out a simple, but a dislike of changing a product I love as is and disinterest in the faces that show up in their stead. Magic is hard to recapture, TMNT (1987) cartoon, the original six Power Rangers and its greatest change Lord Zedd, the Kanto Pok'emon days. I know that is a truth and my preference to keep it the way I love which is perhaps a fault in me. That is why I was hoping to see the original six close to what they were, but its own thing to capture a wider audience and pat the current audience of the head at the same time.
Old 10-30-2015, 11:14 PM   #2142
TheCanadiandrome
Big, Bad & Bold

Location: Inside the Technodrome; Shredderville; Saskatchewan
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZariusTwo View Post
The Collider thing is bogus.
oh well good to know

Add me: PSN/XBL; Nintendo Network ID: BDS-3.1.6; Switch FC: SW-3378-5206-8020

TMNT Fan Club: http://sot.ag/4jZR0

Visit My Wish List:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=30904

My Collection:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=40276
TheCanadiandrome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2015, 11:41 PM   #2143
Storm Eagle
Saved by

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeandRaph87 View Post
Like one of you above I hated changing faces. I liked the original six and their chemistry. Of those six I was never crazy over Jason. Maybe it was a Tommy or Jason thing I don't know I was just six years old at the time. Tommy in green ad the other five faces to be the same under the helmet. The larger problem was I never grafted onto the replacements. They were just replacements. Rocky was a weak red ranger and while Adam had more characterization of the three of them he like Aisha just seemed like minority race swaps for Zack and Trini. Trini seemed the least developed of the six so she was the least missed, but also I would argue the biggest missed opportunity, aside from adjusting Tommy still as the green ranger after the Power Transfer, was adding more to Trini. Then when Katherine joined in, she could not even fight and made it questionable if she was capable. The comment in her last episode of Kimberly teleporting in when the rangers were needed makes it question why not do that with those at the Peace Conference. How long was the conference supposed to last anyway?
How would you rather have them written out? They just weren't able to keep Jason, Zack, and Trini's actors on the show anymore. Negotiations didn't work out, and replacements were needed.

Then, Amy Jo Johnson wanted to leave, and then so did Karan Ashley, and then so did Steve Cardenas. Before Steve left, David Yost just went AWOL because he was getting too much crap for his sexuality.
Storm Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2015, 06:05 AM   #2144
chrisdude
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeandRaph87 View Post
Sweet! Then why pretend Billy is black and Zack is Asian rather than leave it be and give nostalgic former fans like myself and the current audience a reworked piece of the past made better for them?
It's probably just as simple as not wanting the Black Ranger to be African American, and the Yellow Ranger to be Asian. I don't think they'd bring the names back without preserving the personalities.
Old 10-31-2015, 07:49 AM   #2145
Shred Head
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisdude View Post
It's probably just as simple as not wanting the Black Ranger to be African American, and the Yellow Ranger to be Asian. I don't think they'd bring the names back without preserving the personalities.
Now that I think about it the simplest thing to do would have been to just switch the colors make Trini the Black Ranger and Zack the Yellow Ranger. Then we could have avoided all this race bending ********. Its not like we haven't had a male Yellow Ranger before.

"Cold steel meets hot flesh! Thats why they call me Slash!"
Shred Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2015, 08:07 AM   #2146
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shred Head View Post
Now that I think about it the simplest thing to do would have been to just switch the colors make Trini the Black Ranger and Zack the Yellow Ranger. Then we could have avoided all this race bending ********. Its not like we haven't had a male Yellow Ranger before.
The fun thing about that was that the Ranger selected for Trini was male in Zyuranger.
ZariusTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2015, 10:00 AM   #2147
Storm Eagle
Saved by

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shred Head View Post
And it's not like we've ever had a a female Black Ranger.

I think I prefer things just the way they are, thanks. Plus the race bending is fine as long as this is set in its own universe like the first movie was.
Old 10-31-2015, 10:56 AM   #2148
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Saban has debunked the rumors regarding the new character names, The characters in the movie will have the original names from the 1st series.
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansit...news/?a=126480
Old 11-05-2015, 07:26 PM   #2149
ranger_scout
Foot Elite

Someone publicly told Catherine Sutherland (Kat Hillard) at Omnicon last year that they cried when Kimberly left the show. She handled it very well though. It's from 1:55 to 2:05.

I cried through every episode from Changing of the Zords Part 1. It was so hard.
ranger_scout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2015, 06:08 AM   #2150
Storm Eagle
Saved by

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranger_scout View Post
Someone publicly told Catherine Sutherland (Kat Hillard) at Omnicon last year that they cried when Kimberly left the show. She handled it very well though. It's from 1:55 to 2:05.

I cried through every episode from Changing of the Zords Part 1. It was so hard.
Amy Jo Johnson wanted to leave the show anyway. She made that decision on her own. Issues with Kimberly leaving should be taken up with her.
Old 11-06-2015, 06:27 AM   #2151
ranger_scout
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storm Eagle View Post
Amy Jo Johnson wanted to leave the show anyway. She made that decision on her own. Issues with Kimberly leaving should be taken up with her.
Yes I know. The writers are also the ones who should deal with those issues since they were the ones who created those episodes where Kimberly had major struggles.
Old 11-06-2015, 07:09 AM   #2152
Storm Eagle
Saved by

Quote:
Yes I know. The writers are also the ones who should deal with those issues since they were the ones who created those episodes where Kimberly had major struggles.
What was your issue with how she was written out anyway?
Old 11-06-2015, 07:59 AM   #2153
ranger_scout
Foot Elite

Quote:
What was your issue with how she was written out anyway?
It was so hard watching Kimberly lose both her powers and life energy when Evil Kat stole her power coin. She was also struggling to fight in battles and focus on gymnastics because of that. Had they shown Rita making Kat evil before the Pink Ninja Coin was stolen, it would not have been so hard to watch.
Old 11-06-2015, 09:59 AM   #2154
Storm Eagle
Saved by

Quote:
It was so hard watching Kimberly lose both her powers and life energy when Evil Kat stole her power coin. She was also struggling to fight in battles and focus on gymnastics because of that. Had they shown Rita making Kat evil before the Pink Ninja Coin was stolen, it would not have been so hard to watch.
I'm not sure so many people found it to be that traumatizing. I was just personally confused about just what Kat's deal was, and I think that's what the writers were going for. To leave you wondering. Nothing wrong with that. I just wish I had seen all of the third part of "Changing of the Zords" on its initial airing like all the others. I missed the beginning when she sarcastically says to an unconscious Kimberly that she wishes it didn't have to be this way, and then comes to her senses and sincerely says she really does.
Old 11-06-2015, 01:44 PM   #2155
ranger_scout
Foot Elite

Quote:
I'm not sure so many people found it to be that traumatizing.
It's not that it was traumatizing. It's just that is was heartbreaking seeing a character I loved so much suffer so much mentally and physically. At first, they made it seem like Kat was evil from the very beginning. I really hated her character at that time because I didn't think there was a drop of goodness in her until she came to her senses.
Old 11-06-2015, 05:44 PM   #2156
Storm Eagle
Saved by

Quote:
It's not that it was traumatizing. It's just that is was heartbreaking seeing a character I loved so much suffer so much mentally and physically. At first, they made it seem like Kat was evil from the very beginning. I really hated her character at that time because I didn't think there was a drop of goodness in her until she came to her senses.
As long as she did come to her senses.

I think Tommy, Kat, Tanya, and Adam's write-outs could have been better though. In fact, you can download a script for one way it was planned which I think would have been better.

http://sirstack.livejournal.com/33969.html
Old 11-09-2015, 07:07 AM   #2157
Storm Eagle
Saved by

Remember MMPR's "Something Fishy" episode with Billy's flashback as a kid being bitten by a fish? The actor's name actually happens to be Billy. Billy Nilles. He wrote about his brief time on the show and he claims to have a lot in common with Billy. One way that he's like David Yost is that he'd also turn out to be gay. This is a heck of a coincidence. It's just too bad that his impression of David Yost wasn't a positive one.

The article was actually posted on October 3rd, which is the date what the 800th PR episode premiered

http://www.eonline.com/news/702739/p...in-one-of-them
Old 11-11-2015, 11:40 PM   #2158
Allio
Foot Elite

So a Kamen Rider Decade Fan-film is being worked on.

Old 11-15-2015, 10:50 AM   #2159
Storm Eagle
Saved by

The first nine Dino Charge episodes are now up for instant viewing on Netflix.

https://www.netflix.com/title/80081754
Old 11-15-2015, 12:44 PM   #2160
sdp
Megan Fox = April

That reminded me how much fun I had watching Decade, and how Kamen Rider was pretty much everywhere after that on the internet. Is it just me or did the Toku fandom die a lot the last few years? Even in the "dark" Disney times there were plenty people discussing stuff and I used to see Toku stuff everywhere, mostly Kamen Rider. I mean that's the reason I ever became interested in it but it seems after Wizard things started to die down and with Power Rangers after Samurai. I guess there's really no more excitement for new figures of either franchise or as much speculation about what the new shows will be about. Last year I skipped my KR show marathon to see Megaforce and what a waste, I was thinking about finally watching all of Samurai this year but I think I'll watch Gaim instead or maybe Kabuto, both seem like they're something I would like. Any recommendations welcomed, I've watched and enjoyed Decade/Ryuki/Double.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
power rangers