The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Video Games

Notices

Old 01-26-2018, 05:13 PM   #10001
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

Playing Pokemon Emerald now, started out with Treecko and intend to complete the Hoenn Dex in addition to the story.

Shredder could've done more than blow up the Channel Six building. I don't mean as far as murdering Splinter, but think of the possibilities if censors were not an issue.

Shredder and Krang combined had the biggest arsenal of any villains in all of the cartoons.
FredWolfLeonardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2018, 12:07 AM   #10002
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by FredWolfLeonardo View Post
Playing Pokemon Emerald now, started out with Treecko and intend to complete the Hoenn Dex in addition to the story.
You going to complete the Battle Frontier as well? It's hard as hell, especially since only 1 loss and you have to do it all over. I remember back in 2005 pulling my hair out trying to get up to the Frontier Brains and beat them, without a really well trained team it's almost impossible.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2018, 12:39 AM   #10003
Prowler
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
You going to complete the Battle Frontier as well? It's hard as hell, especially since only 1 loss and you have to do it all over. I remember back in 2005 pulling my hair out trying to get up to the Frontier Brains and beat them, without a really well trained team it's almost impossible.
I don't think that's in ORAS, but the Battle Resort. Not really a fan of it, myself. The 6-7 or so trainers outside the mansion are great for daily grinding and levelling up your party, though. Especially if you turn on the Exp. All. And speaking of which, a lot of people don't like the Exp. All and think it makes the game easy, but I disagree. The Elite 4 is still challenging, especially in the 2nd time you face them and they're all level 70 or so. Also, I made it to 85 hours or so in Omega Ruby still. If I had played it all the way through with Exp. All turned off, I'd prolly have double of that.
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2018, 01:00 AM   #10004
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
I never faced the Battle Frontier when I used to play the classic Pokemon games about 10-15 years ago, since I never finished my old copy of Emerald (although I did finish Ruby) but I do intend on tackling them this time.

Back then, everything was much harder of course (I was so bad and lost to the Elite Four in Fire Red so many times that by the time i won, i had a Level 100 Charizard), but I'm sure it will be significantly easier this time for hardcore fans since there's information about EVs/IVs and Pokemon movesets/strategies that has helped me breeze through gens 1 and 2.

Shredder could've done more than blow up the Channel Six building. I don't mean as far as murdering Splinter, but think of the possibilities if censors were not an issue.

Shredder and Krang combined had the biggest arsenal of any villains in all of the cartoons.
Old 01-29-2018, 01:08 AM   #10005
Prowler
Emperor

The Elite 4 is always challenging, imo. Even if I've beaten RBY several times, I always struggle a tad against Lance and the woman with the ghosts.
Old 01-29-2018, 03:28 AM   #10006
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

Looking back, its embarassing yet nostalgic seeing how hard it was beating the Elite Four. I was, like most kids, the type to overlevel their Charizard while neglecting everything else, causing my team to be incredibly unblanced.

Nowdays its pretty easy even with a level 40s team that is balanced, But the great part about doing it the old school way, is that it felt so incredible and triumphant when I beat my rival for the first time due to how unbelievably hard it was

I distinctly remember my Rival's Tyranitar being a huge obstacle that effortlessly destroyed my team of Charizard and the Legendary Birds when I challenged the Elite Four for a second time. Only after weeks of grinding, was I able to beat him in a match I'll never forget as it was down to my low health Charizard against his Blastoise. One final, heartfelt Blast Burn ended it all as it landed a critical hit on Blastoise, finally making me the champion and overcoming the game's biggest obstacle.

Old 01-29-2018, 03:41 AM   #10007
Prowler
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by FredWolfLeonardo View Post
Looking back, its embarassing yet nostalgic seeing how hard it was beating the Elite Four. I was, like most kids, the type to overlevel their Charizard while neglecting everything else, causing my team to be incredibly unblanced.

Nowdays its pretty easy even with a level 40s team that is balanced, But the great part about doing it the old school way, is that it felt so incredible and triumphant when I beat my rival for the first time due to how unbelievably hard it was

I distinctly remember my Rival's Tyranitar being a huge obstacle that effortlessly destroyed my team of Charizard and the Legendary Birds when I challenged the Elite Four for a second time. Only after weeks of grinding, was I able to beat him in a match I'll never forget as it was down to my low health Charizard against his Blastoise. One final, heartfelt Blast Burn ended it all as it landed a critical hit on Blastoise, finally making me the champion and overcoming the game's biggest obstacle.
he first time I played Red, I also only raised my Bulbasaur pretty much. My starter was basically steamrolling every trainer . Then I think my 2nd strongest poké was Pidgey or maybe Butterfree at like level 16. But I got stuck in my first Red file and ended up starting all over again. I got stuck after Vermillion City. I didn't know how to use CUT... sounds stupid, but I was a kid and my English wasn't that good at the time, so I couldn't figure out what to do next lol
Old 01-29-2018, 11:22 AM   #10008
CyberCubed
Overlord

I was already 13 when Red/Blue came out, 15 during Gold/Silver, 17 during Ruby/Sapphire, etc...so I was already "older" than most original pokemon fans were at the time so I knew what to do and went online.

Can't imagine playing pokemon as only a 7-8 year old. I was already a teen when Pokemon came out so it was a lot easier for me. It's funny considering I was already out of the target range when Pokemon first came out yet many older teens like myself still got into it back then.
Old 02-03-2018, 05:42 AM   #10009
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

I'm right about to complete the Ballad of Champions on LoZ: Breath of the Wild. That final trial battle with Monk Maz Koshia feels pretty much like this:

Which is...why I'm taking a pause...

I already know that Link's "divine beast" is a motorcycle, but that still...can't I have like...a giant horse to trudge around in?
Besides the other giant horse that you can tame in the wild, but...
Old 02-03-2018, 11:18 AM   #10010
PApagreg
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utrommaniac View Post
I'm right about to complete the Ballad of Champions on LoZ: Breath of the Wild. That final trial battle with Monk Maz Koshia feels pretty much like this:

https://78.media.tumblr.com/00fae18a...rw8miz_540.jpg

Which is...why I'm taking a pause...

I already know that Link's "divine beast" is a motorcycle, but that still...can't I have like...a giant horse to trudge around in?
Besides the other giant horse that you can tame in the wild, but...
You don't like the motorcycle, I personally prefer it over those horses any day. In fact I kinda wish we got it at the start of the game.
Old 02-03-2018, 01:41 PM   #10011
Turo602
The King of Kings

Quote:
Originally Posted by PApagreg View Post
You don't like the motorcycle, I personally prefer it over those horses any day. In fact I kinda wish we got it at the start of the game.
Yeah, the horses are too difficult to control and training them to function properly isn't worth the effort when you could already be climbing a mountain or discovering some other sh*t.
Old 02-03-2018, 01:51 PM   #10012
PApagreg
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turo602 View Post
Yeah, the horses are too difficult to control and training them to function properly isn't worth the effort when you could already be climbing a mountain or discovering some other sh*t.
Tell me about not only do the horses run out of stamina quickly but you have to be in a certain range to call them, after getting my second horse I said "**** it I'll run" because the horses in this game sucked.
Old 02-07-2018, 07:17 PM   #10013
AquaParade
Banned

Sony recently sent out a 20% off code for the PSN store. Would anyone happen to have an extra code? I didn’t receive one. Would be much appreciated
AquaParade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2018, 05:22 PM   #10014
TurtleTitan97
Space Cowboy

Recently got Dead Space for free on PC. Good stuff so far.

TurtleTitan97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2018, 02:40 PM   #10015
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleTitan97 View Post
Recently got Dead Space for free on PC. Good stuff so far.
The Dead Space trilogy was one of my favorite new franchises last gen. Dead Space 2 and 3 are good too.
Old 02-17-2018, 04:19 PM   #10016
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

Finally got Cyan's Obduction to work on my computer. At least with significantly less lag. There's still some little problems, but not enough to ruin the experience.
Old 03-17-2018, 02:10 PM   #10017
Cure
Y'all need Jesus

I just beat Superhot in one sitting.
Cure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2018, 02:21 PM   #10018
Krutch
Like, stupid rich.

I played Superhot VR with friends for about 3 hours last night. So fun.
Krutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2018, 12:13 AM   #10019
Cure
Y'all need Jesus

I'm playing Sea of Thieves and I just had something happen that solidified the game for me. I'm sailing around with Peanut and Stryker and another ship crosses our path and BOOM! we crash into it. Now we're expecting the worst because we have been plenty griefed at this point.

But when we start readying up for battle, we see the four of them on the side of their ship just dancing around. So we start dancing and waving, too, and they get the point that we're friendly. We get on their ship, play some music, dance around, get drunk, all that good stuff. They start sailing away so we're like **** it, let's go wherever they go and stay on their ship.

We end up going to one of the limited time events where we have to fight off tooooons of skeletons. Teamwork is the name of the game here. Stryker and Peanut get killed off pretty quickly, but they come back on our ship. It takes quite a bit to kill all the skeletons and the boss, but we do it. The treasure room opens up and there's soooooo much. We load everything back onto their ship and sail to an outpost to sell our stuff.

We divy up the treasure, sell everything, and complete our adventure. We spent quite a while with them, so when it was all over it was actually a little sad. When they get on their ship to sail away, we stay on the docks and wave goodbye. They wave back at us from their ship and (literally) sail off into the sunset.

It was dope.
Old 04-09-2018, 08:15 PM   #10020
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

Playing Nino Ku Ni II while waiting for Moss the finish downloading.

It has less than a gigabite left and it's taking forever.

All things considered, Ding Dong Dell is the worst name for a dignified kingdom I can think of. Evan better come up with something better for his new kingdom.

Tags
awesome, cybercubed the diaper, cybercubed the homophobe, peanut, video games