The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Toy/Collectible Discussion

Notices

Old 02-20-2018, 11:43 PM   #9941
TMNTFanatic4Life
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pointblank View Post
Check your local Ross / Marshalls / TG Maxx stores!

The Muckman wave is hitting there from old stock, along with the 12 inch talking Mikey and some of the mirco playsets!

I checked one of the Ross close to me and all I found was a Karai Serpent, 12 inch talking Raph, and 2 of the micro playsets. I'll see what I can find at the other 3 that I can get to.
TMNTFanatic4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2018, 10:59 PM   #9942
tmntman
Mad Scientist

With NECA's prop replicas starting to ship, I thought some people might want to see how their Mutagen Canister compares to the originals from the movies.

Check out my site at http://www.tmnttoys.com/
or follow me on Twitter, @TMNTtoys
tmntman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2018, 02:29 AM   #9943
Ninjinister
無問題

Quote:

The Muckman wave is hitting there from old stock, along with the 12 inch talking Mikey and some of the mirco playsets!
Everyone says things like this but the only TMNT toy i've ever seen in one was the 2007 tower playset....
Old 02-26-2018, 02:49 AM   #9944
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

A display at my local Barnes and Nobel...

Wherein something terrible appears to have happened Donatello and Goku

And while in Super Saiyan...unfortunate.
Old 02-26-2018, 05:35 PM   #9945
TMNTFanatic4Life
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjinister View Post
Everyone says things like this but the only TMNT toy i've ever seen in one was the 2007 tower playset....
There are some who are finding Muckman at Ross. I've seen a few pop up on Ebay, with the Ross 7.99 price tag sticker still on them. Of course, they are up at jacked up prices, but I never thought of all places that Ross would have TMNT action figures.
TMNTFanatic4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2018, 10:05 AM   #9946
tmntman
Mad Scientist

Medicom has now announced that they'll be releasing sets with a 100% and 400% Donatello, a 100% and 400% Michelangelo and a 1000% Michelangelo. Those three sets are listed for July of 2018. So at least it looks like the entire team will be available. Now I just have to decide if I'm hoping for or dreading the possibility of 1000% versions of Raphael and Donatello.

As an aside, is it strange that Leonardo and Raphael are usually considered the most popular/marketable Turtles of the four, but now two different companies making giant figures have opted to make versions of Leonardo and Michelangelo instead?

Old 03-01-2018, 07:36 AM   #9947
BlueKatana
Stone Warrior

My TRU took their TMNT section away completely and put the little bit they had left over, mostly Micro stuff on an end cap with other random toys like Warcraft.
Old 03-01-2018, 11:40 AM   #9948
tmntman
Mad Scientist

For anyone who is collecting the Funko 8-Bit Pops, they have neon repaints of the four Turtles available from their website now. They colors don't interest me much. But if you are interested in them, $15 each from Funko seems like a much better deal than the $25 to $50 I see them popping up for on eBay.

Old 03-01-2018, 06:46 PM   #9949
Donatello19
Merchandise Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueKatana View Post
My TRU took their TMNT section away completely and put the little bit they had left over, mostly Micro stuff on an end cap with other random toys like Warcraft.
My TRU is starting to do the same. The TMNT "section" is barely even a thing anymore. Really sad, because at the height of 2012's popularity, nearly the entire aisle was all TMNT.
Donatello19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2018, 08:39 PM   #9950
BlueKatana
Stone Warrior

That’s what it was 2 years ago with the cartoon and the movie lines taking up 80% of an aisle.
Old 03-02-2018, 02:25 AM   #9951
sleeplessknight
Thug

If there's anyone out there who cares I just found Usagi Yojimbo and the Samurai Turtles up here at the Walmart in North Vancouver. I never thought I'd see this guy up here since distribution of TMNT stuff has been utter crap here in Canada. Whole waves of stuff gets skipped and when something does show up it's super late compared to what's been released in the US. I thought we were lucky to get the monster hunters and super ninjas but I'm glad I finally got my hands on Usagi!
sleeplessknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2018, 02:20 PM   #9952
ls1z28
Hench Mutant

Quote:

Thanks for the heads up!!! Went to two Marshalls yesterday, one had talking mike and the micro tmnt. The other only had one figure ....Muckman!!! I'm super stocked ...I didn't see it at first but did a recheck and there he was. Box is alitte beat up, but I'll take that for $6.99 over $100 plus any day.
ls1z28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2018, 02:48 PM   #9953
The-Shredder
Hench Mutant

Amazon has Usagi for $16.97 backordered until March 11. I just ordered one (the first Nick figure I bought since Raphael in 2012) and it's a great deal if you can't find one in stores and it usually goes for over $20 on there. You can save some money if you have any promotional credit on your account as well. Use this link, because it doesn't show up on the product page.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-list...&condition=new
The-Shredder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2018, 04:49 PM   #9954
Gin Rummy
Stone Warrior

I will go to my grave lamenting the fact that I passed up buying the lone Muckman at my local walmart due to it having a bent card. I'd get the next one I said...

Old 03-05-2018, 10:49 PM   #9955
cloud
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by ls1z28 View Post
Thanks for the heads up!!! Went to two Marshalls yesterday, one had talking mike and the micro tmnt. The other only had one figure ....Muckman!!! I'm super stocked ...I didn't see it at first but did a recheck and there he was. Box is alitte beat up, but I'll take that for $6.99 over $100 plus any day.
OK. I'm going on a toy hunt this week.
cloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2018, 10:54 PM   #9956
cloud
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleeplessknight View Post
If there's anyone out there who cares I just found Usagi Yojimbo and the Samurai Turtles up here at the Walmart in North Vancouver. I never thought I'd see this guy up here since distribution of TMNT stuff has been utter crap here in Canada. Whole waves of stuff gets skipped and when something does show up it's super late compared to what's been released in the US. I thought we were lucky to get the monster hunters and super ninjas but I'm glad I finally got my hands on Usagi!
Another fellow Canuck TMNT fan? Nice!
cloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2018, 08:05 PM   #9957
EddieNES
Stone Warrior

Just wondering what everyone thinks about TRU closing and the effect it might have on playmate figures, if any.

Essentially cuts the market by 1/3 for retail stores. I assume it’ll have some impact.
EddieNES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2018, 10:34 PM   #9958
tmntman
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieNES View Post
Just wondering what everyone thinks about TRU closing and the effect it might have on playmate figures, if any.

Essentially cuts the market by 1/3 for retail stores. I assume it’ll have some impact.
It's not good. At the very least I would expect toy lines to be less broad from this point on. Toys R Us tends to carry a bigger selection of toys than any other store. And with no other dedicated toy stores to pick up the slack, the more marginal items from lines may not be able to get enough retailer support to be viable. In terms of the TMNT, I'd say that those two awesome Sewer Lair and Underground City playsets that were shown at toy fair are starting to look unlikely.

I'm interested in what kind of blow this will mean for NECA in particular. It probably doesn't affect their TMNT offerings as the 1:4 scale figures were the only ones that they could sell through mass market retail anyway. But if TRU disappears I suspect a lot of their lines are going to come to an abrupt end.

Old 03-20-2018, 01:01 PM   #9959
tmntman
Mad Scientist

Looks like moths of waiting paid off, I found a full case of Series 6 blind Bags at Walmart in Sun Prairie WI today. I'm so glad I didn't get suckered into paying over $10 per figure through Toy Wiz. And since Walmart is evidently going to skip over Series 5 in my area, I even feel better for paying a little extra to buy two cases of those figures online last year.

Spoiler:

In the meantime, here is what I found for codes:
A07047MTN Dimension X Raphael
A08047MTN Vision Quest Donatello
A10047MTN Translucent Michelangelo
A11047MTN Super Shredder Leo
A12047MTN Bebop
A13047MTN Fishface
A14047MTN Foot Elite
A15047MTN Mystic April

Old 03-20-2018, 03:58 PM   #9960
Slash32
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmntman View Post
Looks like moths of waiting paid off, I found a full case of Series 6 blind Bags at Walmart in Sun Prairie WI today. I'm so glad I didn't get suckered into paying over $10 per figure through Toy Wiz. And since Walmart is evidently going to skip over Series 5 in my area, I even feel better for paying a little extra to buy two cases of those figures online last year.

In the meantime, here is what I found for codes:
A07047MTN Dimension X Raphael
A08047MTN Vision Quest Donatello
A10047MTN Translucent Michelangelo
A11047MTN Super Shredder Leo
A12047MTN Bebop
A13047MTN Fishface
A14047MTN Foot Elite
A15047MTN Mystic April
Do you have an extra Traslucent Michelangelo, and foot elite you'd be willing to sell?

http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=38168[/URL]
Slash32 is offline   Reply With Quote