The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Rise of the TMNT Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 11-02-2017, 04:03 PM   #1481
sdp
Megan Fox = April

Maybe they just wanted to use the partners in cryme song as the theme song and found it better to change the leader than finding something that rhymed with Leonardo in the song.
Old 11-02-2017, 04:06 PM   #1482
Vicky82
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaPug View Post
I'm sure April being African-American in the show will cause unnecessary backlash.
Quote:
Originally Posted by plastroncafe View Post
Delicious delicious backlash.
It's been a few hours and I haven't seen any backlash on any social media about April being African American.

All the backlash is on Raph and Leo swapping roles.

Old 11-02-2017, 04:07 PM   #1483
CyberCubed
Overlord

What I'm most curious about is the villains. Other than Shredder and the Foot Clan being likely, who else will they use aside from new mutants?

Will we see Krang himself or The Kraang again? Will we see any Nick created characters like Tiger Claw or Fishface? Will we see Bebop/Rocksteady again? Can we expect the Mirage cast like Karai, Baxter, Leatherhead and Rat King?

For some reason I get the impression we might get more of an all new villain cast this time around then the old classic characters we're used to.
Old 11-02-2017, 04:12 PM   #1484
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerClaw View Post
Nickelodeon just posted a video about the new TMNT series and its new voice cast.

You can hear what they will sound like.
I like Mikey's voice, but the rest of the Turtles... not so much.

I'm sure the voices will eventually grow on me, if not I'll just watch the Norwegian dub instead of the English one for once
Old 11-02-2017, 04:13 PM   #1485
Ninjinister
無問題

I'm sure we'll get some returning villains. I can't see them throwing out 30+ years worth of characters.
Old 11-02-2017, 04:14 PM   #1486
newfan
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicky82 View Post
It's been a few hours and I haven't seen any backlash on any social media about April being African American.

All the backlash is on Raph and Leo swapping roles.
I've only looked at twitter, the Raph and Leo thing seems mixed so far.
Made me sad about the 2012 ending again.

Quote:
For some reason I get the impression we might get more of an all new villain cast this time around then the old classic characters we're used to.
It did say new mutants, I'm sure there will be some familiar villains. I'm not sure if I want them to use Karai, depends if I like the show and what they do with her

Last edited by newfan; 11-02-2017 at 04:20 PM.
Old 11-02-2017, 04:18 PM   #1487
sdp
Megan Fox = April

I already mentioned it but I don't think Shredder will be a main villain in this incarnation, if he appears it'll only be because they know fans would whine too much.

Black April, Mystic New York, Magic Powers, Raph as leader, these are not the gritty or cowabunga turtles that we know, they're going for a new thing. We just had a more "traiditional" show end, they're not going to make another show just like it again. Since they didn't go the comedy show route they're going a "let's change all the status quo to appear fresh" instead.

Maybe we'll get thicc april this time around
Old 11-02-2017, 04:19 PM   #1488
Vicky82
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by newfan View Post
I've only looked at twitter, the Raph and Leo thing seems mixed so far.
Made me sad about the 2012 ending again.
Not so bad on Twitter but Tumblr, wow! a lot of people arn't happy, lots of ranting posts.

Old 11-02-2017, 04:20 PM   #1489
Sighphi
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
It actually makes sense this way. It seems to me like its gradual development for Leonardo to step up and grow into the role as a leader, and Raphael realizing he messed up too many times, etc.

I think this is a great idea actually,Leonardo might have to earn his right to be leader this time.
while dumping on Raphael fans by making him look bad?

Come on.
Old 11-02-2017, 04:26 PM   #1490
newfan
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sighphi View Post
while dumping on Raphael fans by making him look bad?

Come on.
Yeah it would suck for Raph (and Raph fans), unless he wanted it for some reason.

Quote:
Not so bad on Twitter but Tumblr, wow! a lot of people arn't happy, lots of ranting posts.
To be expected, can't expect all fans, (not only Leo fans) to be happy with this.
Old 11-02-2017, 04:36 PM   #1491
plastroncafe
PerfectlyTunedFightEngine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicky82 View Post
I'm not following the right people, the only thing I've seen referencing it is Tokka saying he'll have a write up on GGM by this weekend.
So your wants and needs as a fan should outweigh everyone else's?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabacooza View Post
There's no sense catering just to one demographic which is idiotic.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegita-San View Post
just ignore what you don't like rather than obsessing over it and move on with your life.
Old 11-02-2017, 04:38 PM   #1492
Powder
So tired of this place

Psyched for Bauza's return, he was one of the best parts of the Nick series. I trust Rob's direction, that's cool. I like the Schwartz casting, don't know the others (beyond having seen 8 Mile, in which Omar has a small part) but I take no immediate issue with any of 'em. Their voices don't scream TMNT in the preview clip, but I guess few would without footage/pictures to coincide.

As for all of these new changes, I'm not put off yet. Open-minded for how they're to be executed. Can't always take things so literally, especially now when we have so little information. Being a HUGE Leonardo fan, I'm not concerned about him not being leader, or having a rebellious streak. Ciro & the gang switched up Leo's dynamic a bit by giving him the geek side, among other things, & that worked out wonderfully. Could be cool. I doubt he'll be that different than usual, I'd guess they're just trying to freshen things up a little. We'll see. Excited that Mike's interest in art is finally going to be explored.

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Old 11-02-2017, 05:03 PM   #1493
Wretched Reptile
Foot Soldier

Seems ok to me so far. I don't mind the new voices and the other changes don't upset me. Like many have noted, they're probably playing the long game with Leo ultimately becoming the real leader anyway. I just wish they'd release some official pictures and character reveals. It's the whole gunshy attitude towards revealing the overall aesthetic and designs that's starting to worry me. I definitely sense a sillier vibe overall from the recording studio footage, and the revealed episode titles seem very on the nose too.

Surely they will release something soon on the designs. I can't imagine we get all the way to Toy Fair in February without knowing what this series is gonna look like before toys are shown.
Old 11-02-2017, 06:06 PM   #1494
THGhost
Puppet Master

"Raphael, he's the leader of the group."

1990 > OotS > TMNT 2014 > Turtles Forever > TMNT III > SotO > TMNT 2007

"Can't we all just get along?" - pennydreadful

"...bitchy people are what make fan forums insufferable when they don't need to be." - B-Man

"Act like freakin' adults for goodness sake." - Jester

"Tough guys with tiny voices." - Commenter 42
Old 11-02-2017, 06:06 PM   #1495
CyberCubed
Overlord

With Rob Paulsen as the voice director, I have faith he cast the right actors for the part. For someone who voices two Turtles in two different TMNT cartoons, and is a professional in the VA industry for over 30 years...you can't choose anyone better.
Old 11-02-2017, 06:08 PM   #1496
THGhost
Puppet Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
With Rob Paulsen as the voice director, I have faith he cast the right actors for the part. For someone who voices two Turtles in two different TMNT cartoons, and is a professional in the VA industry for over 30 years...you can't choose anyone better.
Yep, makes total sense.

Watching Black Nerd Comedy's coverage of this, very excited.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
Excited that Mike's interest in art is finally going to be explored.
Maybe he'll write some poetry as well?

"...bitchy people are what make fan forums insufferable when they don't need to be." - B-Man

Old 11-02-2017, 06:16 PM   #1497
CyberCubed
Overlord

Would be cool if Shredder is voiced by a Japanese for once. Always found it weird two of the cartoon Shredder's, the original and the Nick one were voiced by a black man when he's supposed to be an Asian Japanese man.

Shouldn't Shredder have an Asian accent like every Splinter does? No cartoon has done that so far though.
Old 11-02-2017, 06:28 PM   #1498
THGhost
Puppet Master

That would definitely be cool to have. We already had an Asian actress voice Tang Shen, why not Shredder also?

Old 11-02-2017, 06:29 PM   #1499
oldmanwinters
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post

As for all of these new changes, I'm not put off yet. Open-minded for how they're to be executed. Can't always take things so literally, especially now when we have so little information. Being a HUGE Leonardo fan, I'm not concerned about him not being leader, or having a rebellious streak. Ciro & the gang switched up Leo's dynamic a bit by giving him the geek side, among other things, & that worked out wonderfully. Could be cool. I doubt he'll be that different than usual, I'd guess they're just trying to freshen things up a little. We'll see. Excited that Mike's interest in art is finally going to be explored.
I thought Nick'12 Leo was one of the most interesting Leos ever. It was a refreshing twist to see him obsessed with both his training and his hobbies. Very different from the 100% "so serious" of the mid seasons of the 4Kids toon.

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!
Old 11-02-2017, 06:34 PM   #1500
CyberCubed
Overlord

I'm sure Leonardo will grow into the leader as the show progresses. Out of all the changes I'm surprised this is the one triggering people instead of African American April.
Closed Thread

Tags
2018, rise of the tmnt, speculation, we're crimefighters