The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Toys and Collectibles

Notices

Old 09-18-2016, 09:09 AM   #2061
Bry
So Long, Stinktown!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaotix12345 View Post
Brock isn't out yet, but he's coming in October with Vulpix, Geodude, and a cooking set:

http://i65.tinypic.com/iygad2.jpg
Oh, nice. That explains it. And my wife was really hoping he'd come with a Vulpix, so this just became a must-buy. Thanks for the info!
Old 09-22-2016, 09:55 AM   #2062
Hamato Yoshi
Stone Warrior

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9LAgp8kyWT8
Hamato Yoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2016, 09:22 AM   #2063
Chaotix12345
Stone Warrior

My hauls from the past month. From Amazon, Build-A-Bear, ToysRUs, and Amazon once again respectively:

Pokémon Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire Volume 1

Build-A-Bear Pokémon Pikachu Plush

TMNT 2012 April O'Neil Space Comrade Figure

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Bebop & Rocksteady Destroy Everything!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bry View Post
Oh, nice. That explains it. And my wife was really hoping he'd come with a Vulpix, so this just became a must-buy. Thanks for the info!
No problem!
Chaotix12345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2016, 06:46 AM   #2064
D Piddy 1982
Stone Warrior

Got Star Wars the Black Series K-2SO. He's pretty cool!

Wanted a Death Trooper too, but they were sold out

" 'Hero Turtle' craze leads to duck deaths" BBC News 2001
D Piddy 1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2016, 04:46 PM   #2065
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

I got Ultimate Ash from Neca based on him pre chainsaw from Evil Dead 2 Dead by Dawn.
Old 10-11-2016, 05:42 PM   #2066
Chaotix12345
Stone Warrior

Another batch haul from the past week. This time, it features an octogenarian Gorilla, the unofficial Element of Forgiveness who is WAY too freaking rare of a toy for her main character status, and the much-anticipated reintroduction of a classic tale into my collection:

World of Nintendo Series 3 Cranky Kong Mini Figure

My Little Pony: Equestria Girls Minis - Sunset Shimmer

Super Mario Adventures (IT'S FINALLY MINE ONCE AGAIN!! )
Old 11-01-2016, 07:43 PM   #2067
Bry
So Long, Stinktown!

I really shouldn't have bought these, but I found them for a bit cheaper than elsewhere else at MHToyShop and couldn't resist... So now I'm the proud owner of the S.H.Figuarts Beerus and Whis!

This little addiction grew quickly. I picked up Goku in Toronto in 2015 as an impulse buy, my wife got me Piccolo as a birthday gift, and then Future Trunks got a re-release and since I'd wanted him forever (and the original release had since become crazy expensive) I didn't want to miss out again.

Old 11-02-2016, 03:48 PM   #2068
justforapic
Banned

Quote:
I really shouldn't have bought these, but I found them for a bit cheaper than elsewhere else at MHToyShop and couldn't resist... So now I'm the proud owner of the S.H.Figuarts Beerus and Whis!

https://s17.postimg.org/peg52d1v3/whisbeerus.jpg

This little addiction grew quickly. I picked up Goku in Toronto in 2015 as an impulse buy, my wife got me Piccolo as a birthday gift, and then Future Trunks got a re-release and since I'd wanted him forever (and the original release had since become crazy expensive) I didn't want to miss out again.

https://s17.postimg.org/zah8207n3/wh...andfriends.jpg
Those are nice. I bought S.H. Figuarts Super Saiyan Blue Vegeta.

Photo from Bigbadtoystore.com
justforapic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2016, 06:52 PM   #2069
Bry
So Long, Stinktown!

Quote:
Originally Posted by justforapic View Post
Those are nice. I bought S.H. Figuarts Super Saiyan Blue Vegeta.
https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/image...e/BAN16669.jpg
Photo from Bigbadtoystore.com
Ahh, that's tempting too. That's the problem with these guys -- get a few and then you want the whole cast!

I'd like to get a Vegeta, but I kind of prefer the "standard" black-haired forms for merch purposes. It'd be an easy variant to put out a black-haired version of this or the Super Saiyan version. (Also: easy to custom paint them, really!)

Holding out hope that they'll do a re-release of Krillin at some point, too. That one might be a long shot.
Old 11-02-2016, 07:57 PM   #2070
Powder
So tired of this place

Quote:
Ahh, that's tempting too. That's the problem with these guys -- get a few and then you want the whole cast!
It's a toy problem in general, really. Especially when you've got teams, best friends, that sort of stuff. Most people aren't gonna get one TMNT, one Power Ranger, you need 'em all. Sampling other toy lines is a slippery slope. It's hard enough for me to just keep up with turtles, I can't imagine how the Marvel bugs must bite, for example. Glad I'm not a fan.

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2016, 08:26 PM   #2071
Bry
So Long, Stinktown!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
It's a toy problem in general, really. Especially when you've got teams, best friends, that sort of stuff. Most people aren't gonna get one TMNT, one Power Ranger, you need 'em all. Sampling other toy lines is a slippery slope. It's hard enough for me to just keep up with turtles, I can't imagine how the Marvel bugs must bite, for example. Glad I'm not a fan.
Oh, I've got my share of Marvel Legends too. I promised to call it a day on those after I got their Scarlet Spider a while back, but they keep putting out other Spider-Men/Women/Girls and I've got an itch to assemble my whole Spider-Team.

I decided to stick to Mirage-based toys for TMNT purchases from now on, which pretty much keeps my spending capped there. NECA Foot sets notwithstanding. (It's... been an expensive month or so.)
Old 11-02-2016, 08:32 PM   #2072
Powder
So tired of this place

Quote:
I decided to stick to Mirage-based toys for TMNT purchases from now on, which pretty much keeps my spending capped there. NECA Foot sets notwithstanding. (It's... been an expensive month or so.)
I strongly considered that, knowing they weren't likely to come about. Then Mega-bloks made two sets, NECA's villains hit the market, some other figures had black & white variations, it's a lost cause. I'm trying to just stick with "adult collector toys" of theirs at this point. Can't resist the Figuarts, or a Henson turtle, etc. Sigh...

But yeah, see! That Marvel bug is a real nibbler. I had that problem with Pokemon, you just keep wanting more of the little bastards. I ended up selling my collection off & just keeping my all time favorites, vowing I'd only get more if they were of them. So far so good on that front, at least.

Old 11-02-2016, 10:17 PM   #2073
Bry
So Long, Stinktown!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
I strongly considered that, knowing they weren't likely to come about. Then Mega-bloks made two sets, NECA's villains hit the market, some other figures had black & white variations, it's a lost cause. I'm trying to just stick with "adult collector toys" of theirs at this point. Can't resist the Figuarts, or a Henson turtle, etc. Sigh...
...aw, damn it, I forgot all about the MegaBloks. I definitely saw those at the local TRU and had to fight my brain like hell not to buy them. The Chet reference alone was such a nice touch that I want to throw money at them out of principle.

But I've got a specific TMNT display area, and there's juuust enough room for all the NECAs in a fight scene, the four Fugitoid figures (with the original Fugitoid comic behind them), all of my TV series DVDs, with a Nick Leo bust bank and a 2003 Raph plush. So I'll try to abstain from more for my bank account's sake.

...try.
Old 11-25-2016, 01:41 PM   #2074
Chaotix12345
Stone Warrior

HUGE batch haul consisting of the stuff I picked up from late October through now. (Got behind on actually posting it because of a sickness that I'm still not quite over.) So without further ado:

x6 Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelist Pack: Rivals of the Pharaoh Packs (Walmart)
x2 Yu-Gi-Oh! Dragons of Legend - Unleashed Packs (Walmart)
Hot Wheels Super Mario cars - Flathead Fury (Yoshi) and Super Van (Donkey Kong) (Walmart)

Hot Wheels Super Mario cars - Vendetta (Toad), Ryura LX (Luigi), RD-08 (Wario), Cruise Bruiser (Bowser), Bully Goat (Peach), and Bread Box. (Mario) (Walmart)

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Christmas Sweater (Won from Toonzone's TMNT Halloween costume giveaway. Special thanks to the sheer oddity of listing a Christmas sweater in your Halloween costume section!)
Sonic Mega Drive: The Next Level #1 (Archie Comic Shop)

Pokemon Greninja Hero Figure (Amazon)

Mega Bloks Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Advent Calendar (Amazon)

S.H. Figuarts Leonardo (Early Christmas present)
Old 11-25-2016, 01:48 PM   #2075
Powder
So tired of this place

Not a purchase on my part but a gift from a friend.

Umaru-Chan!

Old 12-13-2016, 04:20 PM   #2076
DestronMirage22
Yukipedia

Bootleg G1 Menasor, Devastator, and Car Robots Baldigus/Ruination. Thanks Gordman's! And thanks Polyfect toys for making these bootleg toys!
Unfortunately, only the main body's transform into their respective forms, while the limbs only go from limbs to vehicles. 😕 But for $5.99 apiece, I can't complain.
IMG_0037.jpg

IMG_0038.jpg

IMG_0039.jpg

IMG_0040.jpg
DestronMirage22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2016, 04:50 PM   #2077
Slade
god status

Bry: I LOVE THOSE!!!

Anyway, newest thing to come in.

Spoiler:
Slade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2016, 11:31 AM   #2078
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

For Christmas I got the NECA Bill and Ted figures.... They are most Excellent

Old 12-25-2016, 03:11 PM   #2079
DestronMirage22
Yukipedia

MOTU bootleg for $2. Galaxy Warriors/Galaxy Fighters/Galaxy Heroes/Wrestler/Muscle Warriors/whatever Not-Hulk-Hogan.
IMG_0052.jpg

IMG_0053.jpg
DestronMirage22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2016, 08:47 PM   #2080
Chaotix12345
Stone Warrior

MERRY CHRISTMAS HAUL! (Part 1: Non-Video Game/Blu-rays):

Stocking loot:

Pokemon: Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire Volume 2 (Actually something I pre-ordered from Amazon myself, but I was too lazy to tell anyone it wasn't a gift and I didn't mind waiting.)
CANDY

Main gifts:

S.H. Figuarts Donatello

S.H. Figuarts Bowser

"Look at the Time" T-Shirt
"Throne of Dragons" T-Shirt

Build-A-Bear Sonic the Hedgehog Set
Build-A-Bear Tails Plush

From my Sister:

Samus amiibo
Pit amiibo

From her Fiance: