The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > Announcement Forums > Questions/Comments/Suggestions

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 07-15-2016, 07:02 PM   #1
thundermaster612
Mad Scientist

Where actually are the Mods?

What happened to the Mods? did they actually go on vacation or are they just taking a break from the forums? are they ignoring everything or what? Just someone give me a straightforward answer instead of spamming me about useless **** or acting like a 'super mature 12 year old' and doing dumb stuff like saying I'm a child and should take a vacation cause I asked a simple question and spoke against the oppressor and stuff blah blah yadda yadda just answer me and go.
Old 07-15-2016, 07:06 PM   #2
Powder
So tired of this place

Why would we know? It's anybody's guess.

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Old 07-15-2016, 07:35 PM   #3
snake
Disgusting

They have lives and have moved on for the most part. What we really need is a new string of mods.
Old 07-15-2016, 09:00 PM   #4
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

I'm on here all the time. If they put out a Mod draft, I guess I won't flee to Canada...
Old 07-15-2016, 10:24 PM   #5
CyberCubed
Overlord

Its summer. Most of them are likely on vacation.

They're at Hawaii sitting on beaches taking in the sunset. Others have gone to the carribean or Florida. Also many of them are adults with their own families and kids.

Vacation time.
Old 07-15-2016, 10:25 PM   #6
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Its summer. Most of them are likely on vacation.

They're at Hawaii sitting on beaches taking in the sunset. Others have gone to the carribean or Florida. Also many of them are adults with their own families and kids.

Vacation time.
Why aren't YOU a mod? You're on here all the time...
Old 07-15-2016, 10:50 PM   #7
CyberCubed
Overlord

Because people like me should never hold the reigns of power. Otherwise you turn into Donald Trump.
Old 07-15-2016, 11:20 PM   #8
sdp
Megan Fox = April

They're older with real responsabilities, Krang doesn't care enough to come either for the same reason to get to know users and be able to name new mods who can actually do the job that an active forum requires so all hell breaks lose in one section.

I'm surprised knowing this that it hasn't spread to other sections, now that would be really bad. if it spread into other sections because there is no one to stop it so let's hope it just doesn't spread into the other sections into the forum and make this the wild west since there is nothing anyone can do.
Old 07-15-2016, 11:36 PM   #9
Commenter 42
Banned

Is it really that bad? For the most part it's just folks goofing off. Any fights happen, then resolve... Why do we need mods right now? Nothing too crazy has happened, aside from some fun **** posting. We're okay, we're grown ups, we're fine.
Old 07-16-2016, 12:04 AM   #10
CyberCubed
Overlord

All the TMNT sections have fairly good posts except the Platinum Dunes section. I don't see any bad threads posted in the general, Nick, 4kids, or comic sections at all.

Likewise the TV, current events, videogame, comic, everything else etc. are all fine too.

Where are you guys seeing bad threads outside of you-know-where?
Old 07-16-2016, 12:07 AM   #11
snake
Disgusting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commenter 42 View Post
Is it really that bad? For the most part it's just folks goofing off. Any fights happen, then resolve... Why do we need mods right now? Nothing too crazy has happened, aside from some fun **** posting. We're okay, we're grown ups, we're fine.
But that's ALL it is. Goofing off occassionaly is perfectly fine (y'know, if it's actually funny) but some of the cob nobblers here make it their mission to turn every thread into a cuhrazzy wacky joke time.

Then you have the ultra serious political threads where fights are breaking out constantly. It sours the mood when you start to hear everyones dumb opinions in one thread and in the next wondering if Will Smith should be in TMNT 3. Papenbrook needs to be f*cking banned too. Just thought I'd say that.

I'd go as far to say that this place is pretty much unfixable. Krang isn't going to come back and take the time to elect new mods, or atleast I don't think he will.

I'm not excluding myself from the problem. I've gone a little too far in some places, and I admit that. I think you can too, especially with the BvS thread. Some of the sh*t throwing (over capesh*t) in there was uncalled for, and you know it.

I've looked through a lot of older threads here from the 2001-2010 years and they're a lot different. Everyone seemed to be a lot less cynical and only poked fun at each other. Everyone seemed like they were friends for the most part. Maybe I'm wrong, and maybe it's always been the way it is now, but that's the vibe I got.

Everyone tries so hard these days, trying to carve an internet personality instead of just chilling and hanging out (Mew, Mewtwo, and Etsy). I don't know if what I wrote made any sense, but it's just the way I feel, and attempting to write out those feelings.

EDIT- Cubed has a point. My post is generally directed at the non-tmnt parts of the forum, but I guess it can apply
Old 07-16-2016, 12:09 AM   #12
CyberCubed
Overlord

Most of the old forums users from 2001-2008 or so are gone except for a few. They largely left after the 2k3 era ended.
Old 07-16-2016, 12:15 AM   #13
snake
Disgusting

Quote:
Most of the old forums users from 2001-2008 or so are gone except for a few. They largely left after the 2k3 era ended.
I get that. Gettin' adult and having responsibilites. But I wouldn't rule out that some people saw where this place was going, or logged back on to find all their old friends were gone.
Old 07-16-2016, 12:19 AM   #14
CyberCubed
Overlord

Most of them are 30 year old adults now. In the early 2000's, well...that was 16 years ago. Many of them were teenagers then and then were 20 year olds and so on and so forth. I was one of those people but I'm still around.

Makes sense. The kids from the 80's and 90's of the original TMNT fad then came online as teenagers in the early 2000's, and then from 2000-2010 or so became adults and moved on with their lives.

That's why you look at the ages of all the original fans they're around 25-30+ year olds now.
Old 07-16-2016, 12:25 AM   #15
snake
Disgusting

Quote:
Most of them are 30 year old adults now. In the early 2000's, well...that was 16 years ago. Many of them were teenagers then and then were 20 year olds and so on and so forth. I was one of those people but I'm still around.

Makes sense. The kids from the 80's and 90's of the original TMNT fad then came online as teenagers in the early 2000's, and then from 2000-2010 or so became adults and moved on with their lives.

That's why you look at the ages of all the original fans they're around 25-30+ year olds now.
Times a bitch. I can't believe 2006 was really 10 years ago. I can't even look at the original star wars cast today without tearing up. Can you believe in a few years time we'll have no WW2 vets? Crazy. If I could, I'd live from 2001-2011 and just repeat those years over. Goddamnit Cubed you're actually making me cry.
Old 07-16-2016, 12:38 AM   #16
Powder
So tired of this place

Quote:
Originally Posted by snake View Post
I've looked through a lot of older threads here from the 2001-2010 years and they're a lot different. Everyone seemed to be a lot less cynical and only poked fun at each other. Everyone seemed like they were friends for the most part. Maybe I'm wrong, and maybe it's always been the way it is now, but that's the vibe I got.
You'll find that was the case on most corners of the web.

The world, & internet, has changed a lot since then, the youth especially.

You've got those in your age group who just discovered 4chan, all in a race to see who can be the most like Filthy Frank, not realizing that cancer ass personality exists to mock & profit off idiots like them, not encourage similar behavior. Others of my generation are on that polar opposite Tumblr SJW ish, so you wind up drowning in a sea of extremes, which sucks. Normal ass geek types aren't so common these days, folks always feel compelled to align themselves with a vocal outfit of doofs. Nobody is pushing the envelope or crushing oppression, they're just making society worse. The only other third party with decent numbers is that of the average dope, who asks obvious/stupid/easily Googled questions or states opinions as facts, then gets huffy when called out for it. Back then, it was mostly reclusive types who turned to the web for interaction. Lonely nerds looking for like-minded individuals. When you're in need of friends, you've got every reason to keep it mellow. Now, everyone's on their phones all the time, so you get many different kinds of people interacting online, bringing about certain tensions (but also sometimes adding diversity, which can be welcome).

+ you find a lot of outright mentally unstable people who are either lacking in self awareness, outwardly hostile, really creepy, or all of the above. It can be hard to tell who has legitimate issues or is just a troll at times.

Last edited by Powder; 07-16-2016 at 12:44 AM.
Old 07-16-2016, 12:38 AM   #17
snake
Disgusting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
You'll find that was the case on most corners of the web.

The world, & internet, has changed a lot since then, the youth especially.

Your age group in particular are all in a race to see who can be the most like Filthy Frank, not realizing that cancer ass sorta stuff exists to mock & profit off idiots like them, not encourage similar behavior.
I couldn't agree more. I'm pretty happy none of the reddit/youtube "dank meme culture" reached my small, tightly knit school. In a couple months I'm going to high school and to be completely honest, I'm f*cking worried. I thought that sh*t was funny 2 years ago, and suddenly NOW it's big?
Old 07-16-2016, 12:43 AM   #18
CyberCubed
Overlord

youtube didn't even come out till 2005. Even then youtube is a good place as long as you ignore all the youtube people and just watch videos based on stuff you're interested in.
Old 07-16-2016, 12:51 AM   #19
snake
Disgusting

Quote:
youtube didn't even come out till 2005. Even then youtube is a good place as long as you ignore all the youtube people and just watch videos based on stuff you're interested in.
There's really no good content. Every non-gaming based channel talks about "creating content" yet all they do is talk about youtube drama. It's dumb.

The only channels that I watch and look forward to are Redlettermedia, Ashens, Cinemassacre, and Jontron. Besides those guys that's about it. Sure there's the occassional tutorial/educational video, documentaries, and music but I don't think those would count as "channels".
Old 07-16-2016, 12:53 AM   #20
Powder
So tired of this place

Quote:
Originally Posted by snake View Post
Ashens, Cinemassacre, and Jontron. Besides those guys that's about it. Sure there's the occassional tutorial/educational video, documentaries, and music but I don't think those would count as "channels".
Are you me? Same, all the way. I have a bunch of other subs, of course, but none of them are on that same level, really. Little bits & bobs of music, beta/glitch material, etc. YT "personalities" are mostly a total cancer.

Closed Thread

Tags
adayinsidemay, adayinsidemew, blundermaster612, mew, trolls r us