The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Everything Else

Notices

Old 05-10-2017, 02:40 PM   #21
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Then there's stuff like this:

Actual astronauts claiming to have seen UFOs, even being briefed about them.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2017, 02:42 PM   #22
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by DestronMirage22 View Post
Hey, I'm just saying if she was hot he wouldn't be here to tell the tale now would he?
This is true.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
Then there's stuff like this:

Actual astronauts claiming to have seen UFOs, even being briefed about them.
This is also true. And the astronauts are, at least, more believable than the "we faked the moon landing" people.
Old 05-10-2017, 03:36 PM   #23
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic

I have never seen a ghost but I definitely believe they are real. I feel they are the spirits of our loved ones who want to keep an eye on things and don't want to move on to the next life permanently. Shortly after my grandpa died, my grandma says she heard keys hitting the table while she was in bed and she was wide awake when it happened. When she went to the kitchen, she didn't see anything there, but we think it was Grandpa telling her that he was keeping an eye on her.

As for UFOs and aliens, it's definitely not out of the realm of possibility for them to exist.

"Embrace your inner a**holiness."-Mr. Anderson.
BubblyShell22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2017, 05:16 PM   #24
mrmaczaps
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by BubblyShell22 View Post
I have never seen a ghost but I definitely believe they are real. I feel they are the spirits of our loved ones who want to keep an eye on things and don't want to move on to the next life permanently. Shortly after my grandpa died, my grandma says she heard keys hitting the table while she was in bed and she was wide awake when it happened. When she went to the kitchen, she didn't see anything there, but we think it was Grandpa telling her that he was keeping an eye on her.

As for UFOs and aliens, it's definitely not out of the realm of possibility for them to exist.
See, the ghost part is where I'm at... When someone dies, they either go to hell or heaven. There is no in between despite what movies and books say. When you're dead, you're dead. Now, I do believe in demons and angels, but they were never human. I think demons can take on the attributes of the recently departed and they can see and hear and sometimes influence things in everyday life as it is and prey on this weakness in folks who are hurting from the loss of loved ones.

I'm not saying you have to believe it, thats just my two cents.
mrmaczaps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2017, 05:17 PM   #25
mrmaczaps
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy View Post
What would be the point otherwise?

No aircraft that we know of. I'm not gonna say "every UFO ever seen is a secret government aircraft" but military projects do get declassified years or decades after they first start deploying them. Imagine the first person who saw a B2 Spirit or an F117 Nighthawk. Those are pretty unworldly looking compared to standard aircraft designs...
Thats true, no aircraft that we know of and this was roughly 20 years ago...
Old 05-10-2017, 05:57 PM   #26
THGhost
Puppet Master

I'm pretty sure I saw a ghost in my bedroom once. But I was very young and my memory of it is extremely limited. But I've always been open to the possibility ever since.

1990 > OotS > TMNT 2014 > Turtles Forever > TMNT III > SotO > TMNT 2007

"Can't we all just get along?" - pennydreadful

"...bitchy people are what make fan forums insufferable when they don't need to be." - B-Man

"Act like freakin' adults for goodness sake." - Jester

"Tough guys with tiny voices." - Commenter 42
THGhost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2017, 06:43 PM   #27
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Location: The bowels of Hell, Texas(otherwise known as Decatur)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmaczaps View Post
See, the ghost part is where I'm at... When someone dies, they either go to hell or heaven. There is no in between despite what movies and books say. When you're dead, you're dead. Now, I do believe in demons and angels, but they were never human. I think demons can take on the attributes of the recently departed and they can see and hear and sometimes influence things in everyday life as it is and prey on this weakness in folks who are hurting from the loss of loved ones.

I'm not saying you have to believe it, thats just my two cents.

This may be true, but there is no time-limit or requirement on WHEN they go to their "proper" place, now is there? I fully believe that some souls/spirits or whatever you wish to call them may choose to stick around for a time before moving to their ultimate reward(or punishment). And in the latter case, it seems only logical that they might want to delay that final trip as long as possible! As someone with a more than passing familiarity with the paranormal through personal encounters, as well as myths, legends, folklore and modern theories regarding ghosts and supernatural beings, I believe without a doubt that encounters with the departed are quite real and are most often benign.

Our apartment was occupied previously by an older gentlman whom we spoke to occasionally when we were living upstairs. He was put in a nursing home and died only a few days later. Since moving into his old unit, we have seen and heard odd things on occasion. Strange noises like a chair creaking for no reason, our cats acting strangely while staring at and avoiding a certain spot, and doors moving. There was also one night when I woke up unable to move and felt like I was being held down by someone trying to choke me. However I feel that was something different as it only occurred once and all of our other incidents were not harmful.

"Where Science ends, magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

My various stories and fan-fics are now here-

https://m.fanfiction.net/u/4770494/#end
MsMarvelDuckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2017, 06:50 PM   #28
Vegita-San
Emperor

it's weird. we don't have stuff that happens every day.

stuff at the house and at the office happens maybe once every few months.

We had our shed door slam shut on a windless day, so loud that we heard it in house.

A few months before, we had an iron be thrown three feet across the room at 12AM when everyone but me was asleep working on the PC. scared the crap out of me.

I once heard what I THOUGHT was my neighbor up the street yell hello to me from our porch door. i went to check it out, no one there. turns out she was in germany at the time.

This past week, we've had light flickering issues. i noticed it happened only twice at my grandmothers, never noticing it before, on a clear weather day. it happened twice a few days later at the office, throughout the WHOLE office and never happened before. and thne a few days later, I hear a voice in the bathroom on a rainy day (I'm alone) and when i go turn the lights on in my room, 1 minute later, they flick twice... hasn't happened since.

just Odd, odd, little one and dones that make you think.

oh,and one time, I had gotten some chocolate milk from down stairs and put the bottle on the counter. when i woke up the next morning (onlyone in the house again), I noticed the bottle was gone. I opened up the glasses cabinet, somehow it moved from the counter top into the cabinet. I even took a picture of it as proof and still have it somewhere.

go figure.
Vegita-San is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2017, 07:18 PM   #29
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Location: The bowels of Hell, Texas(otherwise known as Decatur)
That is fairly common. Most incidents are just odd little things that defy explanation but serve as a reminder that we are not alone. Mr Duckie even swears that once in a while he can smell his dad's cologne nearby when he is not feeling well or is upset or something is bothering him. Or the recliner will rock or he will see someone in the room with him. And there are two small shadows that sometimes watch cartoons with me when I sit at my desk at the computer. Not sure what that is about.

"Where Science ends, magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

My various stories and fan-fics are now here-

https://m.fanfiction.net/u/4770494/#end
MsMarvelDuckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2017, 07:35 PM   #30
Katie
Just...way too serious.

I have seen a UFO. January 15, 2014. Tons of people saw it from South Carolina to Louisiana. When I saw all the other people reporting the same thing I saw, I knew I wasn't crazy. Weird stuff. I was skeptical before then, but that thing was HUGE and definitely not a plane and most likely was in orbit when all the sightings were made. Reported to MUFON and NUFORC.
Old 05-10-2017, 08:38 PM   #31
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsMarvelDuckie View Post
And there are two small shadows that sometimes watch cartoons with me when I sit at my desk at the computer. Not sure what that is about.
o.O Got a couple kid ghosts lurking around there, do ya? Nobody playing with your figures when you aren't looking?

If ghosts were to have any basis in reality, gotta say... not a peep from my father in the almost year and a half that he's been gone. Although the auto parts store he as working at for his 'retirement job,' where my brother-in-law still works, has contributed various odd things to him. The weirdest prob being that the remaining driver supposedly, according to her, in the first several months following his death had found the radio station changed in the company truck a number of times, left on channels she didn't listen to and hadn't last left it on, but he'd have often left it on when he'd go deliver a part. (Supposedly the radio stations had been some play battle between them as drivers.) Second hand story, so do I believe it... I dunno. But she was the sole driver for a while after he passed and was, according to my bother-in-law, the only one using the truck at that time.

UFOs... Seen a couple odd things when I was 10.

Picture this. At about age 10 in early 1990 you had gone to bed. It's dark out, your lights are off, and you decide to have a look out the window. There are two objects up in the sky just kind of hanging there in the air unmoving. (A little distance to the south, not overhead.) They appear to be sold objects, possibly kind of round with a row of lights along the sides. Two of them, just sitting there in the air side by side. Silent. They're clearly not stars, and you damn well known airplanes can't hover and helicopters are noisy and have fewer lights... and certainly not in a line like that.

These objects sat there for a little bit. (While I half hid behind my curtain, afraid they would somehow see me. ) After a time, the one on the left just slowly moved off to the east then disappeared from view behind the roof of our back porch. The other sat there a short time longer, than slowly went west. Still no sound.

Seriously, what was that? In 1990. In northern Delaware. We're kind of the farthest thing possible from being any hotbed of secret military stuff, far from it. But it's hard to believe it would be just someone's toys either, not with the apparent height in the air and size they must have been... plus length of time just sitting there unmoving in silence.

Aberdeen Proving Ground in Maryland is prob the nearest military base, but that's still a reasonable distance. The only thing local of our own is the local National Guard simply keeps a few of the big C-130s at a small local airport. (There's the Dover Airforce Base in this state, but that's even further away.)

My mom was always like, "It was probably just a dream." No... I was a smart kid, before going back to bed I grabbed my journal and wrote down and drew what I saw, so I've got proof it wasn't a dream.

I have long wished to find some old report of it online, for some kind of answer or a claim from someone else having seen it.

Last edited by IndigoErth; 05-10-2017 at 09:01 PM.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2017, 08:46 PM   #32
mrmaczaps
Banned

Quote:
This may be true, but there is no time-limit or requirement on WHEN they go to their "proper" place, now is there? I fully believe that some souls/spirits or whatever you wish to call them may choose to stick around for a time before moving to their ultimate reward(or punishment). And in the latter case, it seems only logical that they might want to delay that final trip as long as possible! As someone with a more than passing familiarity with the paranormal through personal encounters, as well as myths, legends, folklore and modern theories regarding ghosts and supernatural beings, I believe without a doubt that encounters with the departed are quite real and are most often benign.

Our apartment was occupied previously by an older gentlman whom we spoke to occasionally when we were living upstairs. He was put in a nursing home and died only a few days later. Since moving into his old unit, we have seen and heard odd things on occasion. Strange noises like a chair creaking for no reason, our cats acting strangely while staring at and avoiding a certain spot, and doors moving. There was also one night when I woke up unable to move and felt like I was being held down by someone trying to choke me. However I feel that was something different as it only occurred once and all of our other incidents were not harmful.
Well, there is a "time limit". You die and its either hell or Heaven. That moment. No playtime as ghost dad. No chillen unseen with your homies. Thats all tv/movie bs...
Old 05-10-2017, 08:49 PM   #33
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

Quote:
Well, there is a "time limit". You die and its either hell or Heaven. That moment. No playtime as ghost dad. No chillen unseen with your homies. Thats all tv/movie bs...
Do you believe in purgatory? Im a believer in heaven and hell too (specifically the garden of Eden and the lake of fire editionz) but Im interested in how you see it.

Last edited by FredWolfLeonardo; 05-10-2017 at 08:57 PM.
FredWolfLeonardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2017, 08:58 PM   #34
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Quote:
Thats all tv/movie bs...
What if someone believes just as adamantly as you that it isn't bs? Can you equally respect that they view it that way? After all, no one of your viewpoint wants to be beaten down with "No, you're wrong!" preaching either...

What if it's just for a limited time, burning off any remaining "energy" (I guess...).

I figure, if it was permanent, then were are the dinosaur ghosts?

Quote:
our cats acting strangely while staring at and avoiding a certain spot
Cats are so creepy, I 'hate' when they do that. lol Stop staring up at the corner of the room!
Old 05-10-2017, 08:59 PM   #35
mrmaczaps
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by FredWolfLeonardo View Post
Do you believe in purgatory? Im a believer in heaven and hell too (specifically the garden of Eden and the lake of fire) but Im interested in how you see it.
I'm not really sure. Some days, I kinda feel like this is purgatory... but what I've read of the Bible, theres a literal hell/lake of fire and theres Heaven, streets of gold and palaces for all believers. I think purgatory would be that not really dead place where the mind goes when not quite dead bht darn close, but even then is that really purgatory?

The only other thought here is that before the second coming, believers who have died are under the throne of God, but thats not purgatory and I think its believers from the time frame after the rapture... those that.

Probably not the right thread for this... haha

But feel free to shoot me a FB message if you're on there... kind of a digital purgatory... hahaha
Old 05-10-2017, 09:05 PM   #36
mrmaczaps
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
What if someone believes just as adamantly as you that it isn't bs? Can you equally respect that they view it that way? After all, no one of your viewpoint wants to be beaten down with "No, you're wrong!" preaching either...
Can I "respect" a wrong viewpoint? I can ignore it, but thats not the same. And I didn't beat anyone down. You are free to believe whatever you want, but that doesn't mean its right. I didn't attack anyone, just made the statement that a time frame after death is null. You die, thats it. Game over. We are having a back and forth conversation and the forums are open to all comments. She responded to something I wrote, so I responded to what she wrote. I was further claryfying what I originally said. Its what i believe and again, anyome is free to learn from it or completely ignore it.

Now, if you want me to "beat you down" or whatever, feel free to PM me and we can have a chat about sin and eternal damnation. That would be off topic to discuss here. Haha
Old 05-10-2017, 09:06 PM   #37
Katie
Just...way too serious.

Purgatory is a Catholic thing. I'm betting he's protestant.

I dunno. I'm an intuitive. I kind of "feel" presences. Like when you're alone but you get that feeling someone's in the room with you....if I concentrate on that feeling, I can figure out who/ what it is.

I get a lot of relatives, dogs, some people I have no idea. I get it alot in restrooms. I don't find it scary. They can't hurt you or do anything.

I've never encountered any evil things. I have encountered very good things.
Old 05-10-2017, 09:18 PM   #38
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katie View Post
I get it alot in restrooms.
Okay that's kind of funny. Picturing ghost people just wasting time still going through the same old routine.

Unless ghosts are not ghosts and it's just crossover interference of a parallel world. o.O
Old 05-10-2017, 09:24 PM   #39
Katie
Just...way too serious.

Its weird. I try and ignore them in restrooms. I think it has something to do with the mirrors.

Ah well. I think some don't know they're dead. Some do, but they just want to be around us.
Old 05-10-2017, 09:29 PM   #40
ProphetofGanja
Dub Professor

Based on statistics, I'm positive there is alien life out there somewhere. But has it visited us? I don't know. I do know that some really crazy things have happened on earth, and some people have had some really interesting encounters. It's also statistically likely that some UFO sightings have just been experimental aircraft (don't say "I believe in UFOs" or "I don't believe in UFOs" because literally all that term means is there was something in the sky that was not readily identified. If you're actually discussing the likelihood of alien life existing or having visited our planet then use the proper term, extraterrestrials, or just "aliens"). I have read a lot of crazy stuff about secret governments that have made contact with and entered into agreements with extraterrestrial/extradimensional lifeforms, and it's interesting to think about even if the veracity of the claims is dubious. I could talk for a while about the claims peple have made that aliens exist and have built deep underground bases or that the earth is hollow or that there are terrestrial beings that live within the earth. I don't think physics supports the hollow earth theory but it's a fun Jules Verne-type idea to think about.

As for ghosts, I think there are a few different scenarios. One, that emotions or events can sometimes leave impressions on our world that ripple throughout time, which lead to most ghost sightings or the witnessing of scenes from the past. Then there's the cases where a deceased person seems to interact with loved ones or objects or sometimes even random people (like a new family that's moved into a house) from beyond the grave. Is this likely? I don't know. Possible, maybe. I think it's fair to say that there are limits to current science and science will even admit that there are things it cannot measure and things that we don't even know we dot know yet, so there's always room for us to improve our understanding of the world. Then there's cases with very strange entities that do not seem to be of this world. Again, I think that science has limits and what may seem mystical or improbable is at least possible. I'm skeptical of most accounts and hauntings (because I think people's minds are often more powerful than they realize and they can fall victim to their own superstitions) but I recognize the need to keep an open mind.

What about cryptids? I think some of them are definitively bullsh!t but the chances are pretty damn good that there are plenty of species we haven't discovered yet. There was one book on some of the more famous cryptids that I always used to check out from the library when I was a kid. Ogopogo, Mothman, thunderbirds, the ghost cat of DC, sasquatch, the Goatman, living dinosaurs in remote jungles. Some of them I'm positive are not real but others I still wonder about
ProphetofGanja is offline   Reply With Quote