The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Everything Else

Notices

Old 05-12-2018, 11:49 AM   #8121
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegita-San View Post
Is there any greater insult than being compared to cube?

I can't really think of one at the moment.
You are one in itself.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2018, 02:38 PM   #8122
Prowler
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
You are one in itself.
This is the first time I see you taking a jab at a user. HISTORICAL MOMENT
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2018, 02:48 PM   #8123
Vegita-San
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowler View Post
This is the first time I see you taking a jab at a user. HISTORICAL MOMENT
you never studied .

'Wrong, April. We've Been upgraded to Women hating TROLLS'

?The force is not female, the force is not male, the force is for everyone?
Vegita-San is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2018, 02:59 PM   #8124
Prowler
Emperor

Quote:
you never studied .
Well I dunno. I avoid missing new CyberCubed posts but I can't keep track of every single one of them.
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2018, 02:59 PM   #8125
Vegita-San
Emperor

understood .

Old 05-12-2018, 03:07 PM   #8126
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

When I was lurking around around 2009ish, prior to Turtles Forever, Cubed's posts about how the movie was an utter disgrace to the Orignal Cartoon due to not having the VAs were hilarious.

Shredder could've done more than blow up the Channel Six building. I don't mean as far as murdering Splinter, but think of the possibilities if censors were not an issue.

Shredder and Krang combined had the biggest arsenal of any villains in all of the cartoons.
FredWolfLeonardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2018, 05:23 PM   #8127
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by FredWolfLeonardo View Post
When I was lurking around around 2009ish, prior to Turtles Forever, Cubed's posts about how the movie was an utter disgrace to the Orignal Cartoon due to not having the VAs were hilarious.
That was before the movie aired, I didn't know what they would sound like. But I think they did a decent enough job sounding like soundalikes, even if Leo made the mistake of immitating early Season 1 Leo rather than his regular voice.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2018, 05:34 PM   #8128
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

I made some popcorn that ended up not being great.

First it was too much, then I tried to use my cousin's vegan butter to melt on it (better used in a pasta I was making - probably one of the best I've ever made), and then I had ranch flavored salt.

The local pizza should make up for it when it gets here. I hear they're really good.

Other than that "babysitting" my cousin's son should go well. He's just sleeping, so things should be okay.
Old 05-17-2018, 12:45 AM   #8129
ssjup81
Foot Elite

Okay, I returned to the US May 1. Some things have bugged me since then. People begging for money, for one. Here's story 1.
Spoiler:
I went out to the Wawa's near my home here a few nights ago. There was a lady there asking for money. She claimed to be pregnant and homeless saying she needed $20 more for...something. She said she hadn't had a shower or a meal in days. I told her I was sorry and went into the Wawa's, picked up sandwich (my dinner) and walked back out. I then remembered something. I told the lady that there was a homeless shelter nearby, which I'd just recently learned about. She claimed there were no beds there. I then told her that she should go to social services or contact them. She said they didn't have funds. I then told her sorry and left.

My problem was that it felt like a scam. I doubt that ANYplace would turn away a pregnant homeless woman. Even if the shelter didn't have a bed, I'm certain they would've looked into helping her in some way. Same with social services. Even a church would help out someone like that and there are some nearby...so yeah, felt like a scam to me. So yeah, junk like this "grinds my gears".

Oh yeah, the time before her, it was a guy on crutches.

Story 2
Spoiler:
Oh yeah, also, after I got back to Richmond, I was using a wheelchair at the airport. At my previous job a few months ago, I pulled or sprained a ligament in my left ankle and had to keep it wrapped. I never rested it properly for it to heal properly because of work. Anyway, the guy wheeled me to the car along with my cousin who was there to pick me up. He was very nice and polite and made friendly conversation. After we got to my cousin's car, I thanked him and got out of the wheelchair. He then went on about his pushing was a service. I was like yeah, and thanks for that. He wouldn't leave...and my cousin gave me a look and then gave the man an exasperated look. It hit us what he wanted. I explained that I'd never even used this service before. He was waiting to get some kind of compensation. He wouldn't go, so I dug through my wallet and gave him $10. After he left, I told my cousin, "Yup, I'm definitely back it the US."

Now here's the real thing that's grinding my gears. On Monday, there was a report about a guy on I95 who was shot by the cops. He, apparently came at them, and they fired, shooting him in the stomach. He was taken to the hospital, but died. My problem....THE GUY WAS UNARMED!! HE WAS NAKED!! WTFH!!! This has been bothering me most of the week. My mother, who was easily disgusted, said that she'd heard some cops don't like dealing with nude people in their squad cars. I hate the fact that it's cops like these who makes all cops look bad. Cops in this country need training.
ssjup81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2018, 12:39 PM   #8130
Sage Ninja
Band of the Hawk

Just everything right now. I'm trying so hard to stay positive right now but so many things just keep happening. In spite of my best efforts my health has declined that is going to require some life changes on my part and I'm mad because I tried to prevent my self from this but it happened anyway. I actually cried because because of how hard tried to keep it from happening.

My house caught on fire and my life has been disrupted because of it.

And my funds for going to school has been drastically cut which means to finish school I have to keep piling on the student debt which is already ridiculously high.

And thats not even the half of it. Seriously **** my life right now!

Cassandra: You won't fight me, but will you fight...for HIM?

~Cassandra's Revenge

~Tangled the Series
Sage Ninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2018, 02:00 PM   #8131
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

Oh god, that's awful !

I wish we could be of help to you.
Old 05-17-2018, 02:50 PM   #8132
Papenbrook
*The King of Nothing*

You have my sympathies, Sage Ninja.

Hopefully, you'll get through it.
Papenbrook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2018, 03:18 PM   #8133
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Geez... When it rains it pours s*** storms, eh? To put it bluntly. Likewise very sorry to hear you're having it so rough. Hope things begin to improve very soon. Breathe...and take one day at a time, and only as much as a day can handle...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssjup81 View Post
Here's story 1.
Totally agree with you that it sounds like a scam. I forget how it went but my mom has had one approach her and the details just did not fit together. Seems to be happening more commonly anymore, at least around here. Which is unfortunate for those who really do need help if it just makes people ignore them to avoid scams.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2018, 06:47 AM   #8134
ssjup81
Foot Elite

Okay, another gear grind that I forgot to mention. I hate the fact that payphones are more scarce these days. I know they aren't used as much, but I still feel they should be around as a form of back up.
So, when I was in the airport for my layover, I missed my connecting flight for annoying reasons I won't get into, and I had to call home to let my folks know that I was catching a later flight. So I asked where the payphones were and in the entire airport, they said they didn't have any. That was bothersome to me. Call me strange or call me an annoying person. I mean, I've just been in Japan too long. Over there, tons of folks have mobile phones, but you can still find payphones most places. Seems an airport would have payphones.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sage Ninja View Post
Just everything right now. I'm trying so hard to stay positive right now but so many things just keep happening. In spite of my best efforts my health has declined that is going to require some life changes on my part and I'm mad because I tried to prevent my self from this but it happened anyway. I actually cried because because of how hard tried to keep it from happening.

My house caught on fire and my life has been disrupted because of it.

And my funds for going to school has been drastically cut which means to finish school I have to keep piling on the student debt which is already ridiculously high.

And thats not even the half of it. Seriously **** my life right now!
I am terribly sorry to hear that! I wish I could help in some way, but hoping beyond hope that things will definitely look up for you or something will happen to help the situation...but I understand how that's easier said than done.
Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
Totally agree with you that it sounds like a scam. I forget how it went but my mom has had one approach her and the details just did not fit together. Seems to be happening more commonly anymore, at least around here. Which is unfortunate for those who really do need help if it just makes people ignore them to avoid scams.
Yeah, that is sad. You don't know who's being legitimate or not. I know years ago, my father came across someone asking for money because he was hungry. Dad had a sandwich or something and he gave the guy that instead, and the guy was mean to him and was angry over it...so it was probably a scam.

Last edited by ssjup81; 05-18-2018 at 07:09 AM.
ssjup81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2018, 06:22 PM   #8135
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Ugh... unemployment insurance. What a pain in the ass.

I was already contemplating probably dropping out of it in the near future, but will probably end up doing so sooner than planned... prob next week.

Because the new job I start Monday is only part-time and I'll likely be making less than I was before (pay is better but hours fewer), I'd still be eligible for some amount of partial UI. (Though I'm getting so little already it's questionable.) My intention is to fill in other hours with something else to add to the income, but since the schedule is flexible I want to get this first new job going first and have the chance to figure out the typical routine and what works best for me, that way I can see what free hours I have to work with where I might be able to comfortably fit something else in.

Naturally, I get a thing in the mail today ("Congratulations" it started with... yeah, right) saying I've been "selected to participate" in some reemployment program and have been signed up to attend a three hour workshop on the 30th. And if you don't attend it then you get reported as "noncompliant," which will then affect your benefits. There's literally no option to get scheduled for a different day for one reason or other, just either show up or screw you. If you found some amount of employment (but not the full time they they insist on), had a Dr's appointment, or a childcare issue... well, who cares.

"Noncompliance may be fixed at any time... when you complete 5 hours of job search within a 5 day period" at their Resource Room and your search log signed off by staff. That's rich. They aren't exactly what I'd consider close to home.

I realize they don't want to make it too easy so some people don't try to take advantage, so having to put effort into it in order to receive the UI... sure. Makes sense. The weekly quota is a bit of a pain, but I get it. But having no option to attend a workshop at a day/time that'll actually work? Come on.

Huh. So I did the right thing and started applying right away and already got hired... but screw me (and any eligibility still for partial UI) if I can't attend this because work. To add another thorn to it, it ends at 4pm... at rush hour. Nice.

I would have LOVED if they had some kind of options for training to actually add to my skills, and I'd hoped that would be the case. Given hours I could do, I'd have jumped on that as it might have helped me find a second part time in the near future other than possibly just getting stuck in retail. But I'm not seeing where such resources are even there... and this THREE HOUR "workshop" is only about conducting job searches. Yeah, I got hired by the first one I applied for, I think I've got that part down.

It just stinks to think I'm going to have to forfeit the partial benefits I'd still be eligible for because I'd start this new job and am not available to do things they demand. Damned if you do, damned if you don't. While that idiot that owns Sears lines his own pockets and closes so many stores and ends so many jobs... god forbid they/he have to cover some amount of UI, and still getting partial would not have been much considering I'm not getting all that much to start with (I'm no where near the max and our max is on the lower end, half as much as our neighbor Jersey), but a little bit still helps. (Esp after just having to drop $2k on auto work.) Just annoys me that it feels like it's set up to be as unobtainable as possible to people who did not ask to be laid off, while instead sparing the former employer as much as possible, who is busy killing jobs and shoving millions in his own pocket...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssjup81 View Post
Dad had a sandwich or something and he gave the guy that instead, and the guy was mean to him and was angry over it...so it was probably a scam.
Wow, that's terrible. Come on, even if you're a scammer (or lying and actually after drug/alcohol money), who can't at least show appreciation for a sandwich generously given?

Last edited by IndigoErth; 05-19-2018 at 06:31 PM.
Old 05-19-2018, 07:34 PM   #8136
Vegita-San
Emperor

even if you don't know what it means, but the term 'you little piss ant' comes into your brain every so often....and it just seems to fit.

Old 05-19-2018, 09:24 PM   #8137
Cure
Y'all need Jesus

Quote:
even if you don't know what it means, but the term 'you little piss ant' comes into your brain every so often....and it just seems to fit.
You don't even know how to spell it, either. One word, pal.
Old 05-19-2018, 09:38 PM   #8138
Leo656
The Franchise

Apparently, two words is a secondary and still-acceptable variation.

It can also be hyphenated, but it's far less common.

Preference seems to be regional, best I can tell. You'd have to ask Captain Harris; far as I can tell, he invented it.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2018, 04:35 AM   #8139
Vegita-San
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
You'd have to ask Captain Harris; far as I can tell, he invented it.
i thought so too. first and almost only place i ever heard of it.
but looking it up online, seems it's been around as an insult since at least the 50s.

just apparently not often used.

Old 05-20-2018, 06:21 PM   #8140
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

How to make a skunk GO AWAY.

We've got one around here (hopefully it's only one) that has caused us to have to close the windows at night FAR too many times in the past weeks because it clearly has a sensitive trigger and a VERY bad habit of letting loose... I don't know if it keeps doing it between the houses or what, but it's clearly very close. Time and again. (Do they mark territory by spraying??)

It would be bad enough if it was just that kinda gross icky smell, but this little son of a gun is like a frigging tire fire. And once it drifts into the windows - even though my window (next to my bed! thanks skunk!) was only open an inch or two the last time! - it just hangs in the air and won't go away. This last time I had to use the air fresher three times and it still wasn't 100%.

Not sure what to do short of trying to trap the damn thing. This is getting really old.

5/21 - Ebay sellers who try to tell you what feedback to leave...

Quote:
Thanks so much for your quick payment,we'll ship your order out asap,hope you'll receive it very soon.when you get and like it,pls help us to leave Five-Stars-Postive feedback(Pls Don't Below Four-Stars-DSR,It is equivalent to bad review).
Meanwhile that was last Tuesday that I bought and paid and the tracking today still shows to be "pre-shipping." Buddy, you'll be getting whatever rating is appropriate. (Another item bought the same day via someone else already arrived today and got to a local facility Sat.)

At 'only' 97.9% positive feedback they're probably eager to get that percentage up, but somehow I don't think telling people how to rate is the way to do it. >.> Normally I wouldn't touch a seller that "low" or with the frequencies of negatives they've had in the past months, but they've literally all been over clothing sizes/quality (my item isn't clothing) and none about failure to get it.

Last edited by IndigoErth; 05-21-2018 at 07:04 PM.